The Manipulator

• 2 months later...

Hello thank you for creating this mod.  I can not get the race menu option to work. I do have UI Extensions installed and working properly.  But i also have Enhanced Character edit installed and not Racemenu.  Do i need to have race menu installed to get that menu option to work properly?   Also I use LOOT it seems some people are suggesting that loot may place it in the wrong spot.  Should i place UI Extensions after this mod?  Thank you

Guest ffabris
23 hours ago, Mastajimbo said:

Hello thank you for creating this mod.  I can not get the race menu option to work. I do have UI Extensions installed and working properly.  But i also have Enhanced Character edit installed and not Racemenu.  Do i need to have race menu installed to get that menu option to work properly?   Also I use LOOT it seems some people are suggesting that loot may place it in the wrong spot.  Should i place UI Extensions after this mod?  Thank you

You need RaceMenu yes, since it is explicitly searched for. I never used Enhanced Character Edit... I can't remember why... incompatible with something I guess, or didn't do what I needed.

As for sort order, Manipulator should be loaded after any mods it uses, so that they are already in memory when Manipulator is loaded. I've never used a mod organizer (I always sorted manually because I wanted full control over sort order, and doing it manually, I never had load order problems). This means that I don't know whether UI Extensions should come above or below Manipulator in LOOT. In Skyrim itself, UI Extensions should be listed before, so it loads before.

Does this conflict with Amazing Follower Tweaks? I WAS going to remove that mod and use this instead (cause RaceMenu), but AFT, while having many features I don't need, also has some features I DO need that I can't access with this mod (for example, if I try to create an outfit, the box is empty when I try to choose a slot. I figured maybe that was because I'm manipulating a male NPC, but since males are all I care for, if that's the reason, I'm sad, lol). If I don't attempt to double up on features, can they be used together?

Also, this mod complained that I didn't have PapyrusUtil 3.3 or greater. I went and looked, and I had 3.2. I uninstalled 3.2 via Mod Organizer, then downloaded and installed 3.3, loaded my game, and got the same warning. This was in a save that was already using PapyrusUtil 3.2, but had never used The Manipulator. Anyone know why it won't recognize 3.3? I had it pretty high in my mod list, so it was overwritten by a few mods including SexLab. Should it instead be allowed to overwrite everything? My guess would be not, but I really don't know...

Edit: Okay, dunno what's up. This time I started a new game via coc qasmoke with PapyrusUtil 3.3 installed and this uninstalled. I let all mods initialize, saved, installed this mod, then loaded that game. It still won't recognize that I have PapyrusUtil 3.3... :(

Edit: Small update, I was testing an SOS pligin I made, so I had nothing but this, SOS, RaceMenu, and all requirements, including PapyrusUtil 3.3, and this mod still couldn't find it. >.<

Guest ffabris

Does this conflict with Amazing Follower Tweaks? I WAS going to remove that mod and use this instead (cause RaceMenu), but AFT, while having many features I don't need, also has some features I DO need that I can't access with this mod (for example, if I try to create an outfit, the box is empty when I try to choose a slot. I figured maybe that was because I'm manipulating a male NPC, but since males are all I care for, if that's the reason, I'm sad, lol). If I don't attempt to double up on features, can they be used together?

I also only worked with male NPCs, so outfits work fine. 

I don't remember if AFT conflicts or not, however there is a good chance that it does. As for creating an outfit, ugh, I don't recall. Perhaps the json file is messed up?

Also, this mod complained that I didn't have PapyrusUtil 3.3 or greater. I went and looked, and I had 3.2. I uninstalled 3.2 via Mod Organizer, then downloaded and installed 3.3

If you use SexLab, then you don't need PapyusUtil as well, since SexLab contains it. Try removing Papyrusutil and reinstall SexLab.

On 4/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, ShenGo said:

Also, this mod complained that I didn't have PapyrusUtil 3.3 or greater. I went and looked, and I had 3.2. I uninstalled 3.2 via Mod Organizer, then downloaded and installed 3.3, loaded my game, and got the same warning. This was in a save that was already using PapyrusUtil 3.2, but had never used The Manipulator. Anyone know why it won't recognize 3.3? I had it pretty high in my mod list, so it was overwritten by a few mods including SexLab. Should it instead be allowed to overwrite everything? My guess would be not, but I really don't know...

Edit: Okay, dunno what's up. This time I started a new game via coc qasmoke with PapyrusUtil 3.3 installed and this uninstalled. I let all mods initialize, saved, installed this mod, then loaded that game. It still won't recognize that I have PapyrusUtil 3.3... :(

Edit: Small update, I was testing an SOS pligin I made, so I had nothing but this, SOS, RaceMenu, and all requirements, including PapyrusUtil 3.3, and this mod still couldn't find it. >.<

I've gotten this before and ignored it. I have several mods that use PapyrusUtil (BBLS, SL, FTO, etc, etc). And this mod is the only one that ever complains. But frankly, everything works. So like I said, I ignore it. Oh I use 3.3 now too. For everything. No issues. 

Quick note about AFT: Some of it DOES duplicate what this mod does. But they can easily co-exist together. I mean, I have used AFT, this mod and MYIYH and everything was fine. I use MHIYH to manage what follower lived where (had them all assigned to the Studly Farm), this mod mainly for racemenu calls, and the Hacks (very useful) and changing the sexuality of certain male NPC's, AFT for follower management. 

I have dropped AFT in favor of EFF for Follower management. Simply because I never used AFT's other features.

11 hours ago, Crag said:

I've gotten this before and ignored it. I have several mods that use PapyrusUtil (BBLS, SL, FTO, etc, etc). And this mod is the only one that ever complains. But frankly, everything works. So like I said, I ignore it. Oh I use 3.3 now too. For everything. No issues. 

Quick note about AFT: Some of it DOES duplicate what this mod does. But they can easily co-exist together. I mean, I have used AFT, this mod and MYIYH and everything was fine. I use MHIYH to manage what follower lived where (had them all assigned to the Studly Farm), this mod mainly for racemenu calls, and the Hacks (very useful) and changing the sexuality of certain male NPC's, AFT for follower management. 

I have dropped AFT in favor of EFF for Follower management. Simply because I never used AFT's other features.

Thank you for your reply! :) I think I tried EFF before choosing AFT, but as that was a good 2 or 3 years ago, I don't completely remember why I went with AFT over EFF... I'll have a look at that mod, as I may be starting a new playthrough soon in order to redo my mod list.

21 hours ago, ffabris said:

I also only worked with male NPCs, so outfits work fine. 

I don't remember if AFT conflicts or not, however there is a good chance that it does. As for creating an outfit, ugh, I don't recall. Perhaps the json file is messed up?

If you use SexLab, then you don't need PapyusUtil as well, since SexLab contains it. Try removing Papyrusutil and reinstall SexLab.

Somehow I saw Crag's reply but not yours. :/ I'll try uninstalling PapyrusUtil. I didn't realize SL included it. Thanks!

Also... I have no json file? I didn't see one in the mod's archive, and while I downloaded one on page... 29, I think? I don't know where it belongs. >.<

Guest ffabris
2 hours ago, ShenGo said:

Somehow I saw Crag's reply but not yours. :/ I'll try uninstalling PapyrusUtil. I didn't realize SL included it. Thanks!

Also... I have no json file? I didn't see one in the mod's archive, and while I downloaded one on page... 29, I think? I don't know where it belongs. >.<

The json is created on first use. I forget where ti ends up, sorry. Might be documented on the download page, or somewhere in this thread.

11 hours ago, ffabris said:

The json is created on first use. I forget where ti ends up, sorry. Might be documented on the download page, or somewhere in this thread.

Weird... I wonder if maybe it goes to My Documents, cause I've been using this mod for a while, and I don't have a json file in the mod folder or my overwrites folder. I'll keep looking.

On 4/17/2019 at 11:13 AM, Grey Cloud said:

See post #1237.

Lol, wtf. This is the second time in this thread an old post didn't show up immediately. When I replied, post #1237 wasn't visible even though it was posted hours before my reply. Thank you for your help! ^_^

Guest ffabris
17 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

You are welcome and you are still missed.

Thanks for that - I appreciate it a great deal! ?  [huggs]

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly *can* you change about NPC's with this mod?

Can you for example change their hairstyles without problems?

If I understand right I just can't really change their actual face (eyes / eye color / nose / etc etc etc)?

1 minute ago, jujoco said:

What exactly *can* you change about NPC's with this mod?

Can you for example change their hairstyles without problems?

If I understand right I just can't really change their actual face (eyes / eye color / nose / etc etc etc)?

Anything from the neck down. Hair and heads are a no-no due to the game.

9 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I know a few mods that do similar things. I'm mostly into the Friend Faction option. This could make for some interesting role-play opportunities. I don't know how reliable this function is given the warning on the mod page but I'm willing to try.

I'm not sure that the factions break the game at all, though you may have to murder someone instead of defending yourself.  I suspect the Harem feature is far more game breaking, as if you take Elisif or Ulfric or any other unique NPC that is involved major quest scene and move the elsewhere, bad things may occur.

@woodsman30 @Grey Cloud @Darkpig

Maybe we should continue the thread here?

12 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Maybe we should continue the thread here?

Works for me.

I never use the harem function - hey, I'm a love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy.

'Game breaking' is probably a bit OTT but I have Forsworn as friends so the Dibella Fjotra gig and Lisbet's statue gig don't really work as intended. There is also the problem of friends of your friends.

You do get some weirdness e.g. goblins with tribal names are hostile yet generic 'goblins'  - probably something to do with their friends or SIC.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

You do get some weirdness e.g. goblins with tribal names are hostile yet generic 'goblins

Some NPC have multiple faction strings to them not sure why that is but, I play friends with bandits but on an occasion I run across hostile bandits. Think it is more of a spawn thing aka random encounter that they will be hostile.

1 hour ago, karlpaws said:

I suspect the Harem feature is far more game breaking, as if you take Elisif or Ulfric or any other unique NPC that is involved major quest scene and move the elsewhere, bad things may occur.

Yes it can highly recommend doing an NPC quest or one associated with them before you change them...... After their known quest change away :). For me race menu is the thing changing an NPC in game with the Manipulator is simple as pie as well as their disposition to you. Nazzem is always changed to a foe he is fun to torment lol.