Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

There is now an item version of the nails:

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/120716

 

27 minutes ago, HannoJojo said:

I checked the file in SSEdit.

Basically those are "real" armor items. So they consist of a ARMO and ARMA pair. However they use Slot 61 which isn't a "traditional" Biped Slot. Jewelry Limiter e.g. also uses this slot for its system to equip multiple jewelry items together (and even displaying multiple rings on different fingers).

They should therefore also work for fingerless glove meshes + they are visible in 1st person. But as I already mentioned above, albeit being rarely used, Slot 61 is still a Biped slot that could be used by other mods which might cause "light incompatibilities".

Either variants are probably worth to be considered, but has their pro and cons

Headpart:
+ probably no real conflicts
- doesn't work in first person

Armor:
+ works for 1st and 3rd person
- could cause (minor) imcompatibilities with any other mod using Slot 61

 

Thank you for pointing this out.

 

The decision between headparts and armors is very difficult to make.

 

For me personally, having the nails work for 1st person is definitely a huge plus.

But, armor has also the con that there is a visible item in the inventory, which the player might try to drop or unequip. The possibility of the player dropping nails to the ground has been one of the headaches when developing this mod! (If you just reequip the dropped nail item via script, it's easy to copy the nail polish items and then sell them to a vendor -> unlimited gold exploit!). This could be remedied by deleting the item names - which would need a modification of the original mod.

Slot 61 is not used by YPS (I think), but there certainly will be some other mods using slot 61 for other things.

Using a keyword like YPS_FingerlessGlove is easy - no problem with that.

Theoretically, it would also be possible to let the user decide whether they want to use the headpart or the armor (MCM option). But that means more work.

 

Currently I am still strongly in favor of providing these nail meshes as additional choices (partly available as normal nail polish, partly only as professional manicure), and not just replacements.

I wouldn't worry about "unimmersive discrepancies" - players also are responsible not to break immersion.

Additional colors for the 3D Hand Nails would be great. But somebody would have to create these items (I am not a mesh creator), and maybe also get permission from the original mod author.

 

And all in all I am happy that it would work "at all". :)

Edited by emily1673
Posted
2 hours ago, HannoJojo said:

Here's the plugin with an armor item for each headpart. (ESP & ESL included)

I added one myself (Dark Cherry) which isn't supposed to be a serious attempt, though. It just served as a test how much work adding new colors would be, and its really simple with the files included in the original mod. 

I also tested it with Lyida, giving her the armor item did equip the headpart properly, not sure about further handling of it though.

EDIT: It is also stated on the original modpage, but since those are headparts they don't work in 1st Person...
 

RacemanuNails_Armor.7z 7 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the file. It requires "satistactory piercings" as master, so I couldn't try it yet.

Also, I tried the new item version of the 3d nails, and found that they work in 1st person, but the color is always black. Is it just me?

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Thanks for the file. It requires "satistactory piercings" as master, so I couldn't try it yet.

Also, I tried the new item version of the 3d nails, and found that they work in 1st person, but the color is always black. Is it just me?

Should have the master removed now.

I don't play in 1st person, so I didn't try it yet, will check it in a second.

 

Edit: no problem in 1st person, at least for the first nail item I randomly chose (in a barebones SE setup though)

image.png.29d5996a29ad38fc3e2d4655c1b1185b.png

 

 

 

 

Edit 2:
I was hoping I could simply edit the Property of the Ticker quest (Colored Nails array) to reference the other armor item, but it seems its not that simple. The item actually got equipped (black nails) but the original one (shimmery aqua) was still applied, and while the armor was equipped, it was only visible after reequipping it.
Not to mention, that it was still an item in the inventory.

Except for the piercingTicker script and the properties, what are other relevant points (in script or plugin) that are relevant to applying the nail armor/mesh/slavetat?
I'd like to experiment a bit more on replacing it, at least for my own game (where I'd also add the missing colors so I can replace all the current colored nails with these)
 

RacemenuNails_Armor.7z

Edited by HannoJojo
Posted

Was about to ask if if was possible to remove the mismatched nail mesh on 3BA body, but seem like if you get support for "Shas' Equipable Hand Nails" it might do the trick so ill let you guys cook :D

Posted

Hey Emily, we've got a few bugs/features this time 'round related to nails. Some of the fingernail models (it seems like the HN66 ones) block facial piercings with the dreaded "you need to remove your helmet to get this piercing" message while the nail extensions (presumably the HN66 Mage Nails) disappear when wearing anything in the body slot (so any armour or clothing).

Posted
56 minutes ago, HannoJojo said:

Edit 2:

I was hoping I could simply edit the Property of the Ticker quest (Colored Nails array) to reference the other armor item, but it seems its not that simple. The item actually got equipped (black nails) but the original one (shimmery aqua) was still applied, and while the armor was equipped, it was only visible after reequipping it.
Not to mention, that it was still an item in the inventory.

Except for the piercingTicker script and the properties, what are other relevant points (in script or plugin) that are relevant to applying the nail armor/mesh/slavetat?
I'd like to experiment a bit more on replacing it, at least for my own game (where I'd also add the missing colors so I can replace all the current colored nails with these)
 

RacemenuNails_Armor.7z 6.28 kB · 0 downloads

Nails are still black for me in the original mod when using 1st person -- strange.

Your mod works, but nails of your mod do not show up in 1st person.

 

The piercingticker script does all the makeup stuff, including nails.

Possible reason for your problem with editing properties: Script properties works only, when referring to forms in the same mod or in a master mod the mod is relying on.

That's why I think it doesn't work for you.

Only way to refer to items from other mods is the script command game.getformfromfile(), which also can use arguments stored in a json file -- that's how all configurable items are done, and also the references to Kaw's Claws and HN nails.

If you are interested: look at lines 2267-2340 in the piercingticker script.

Hardcoding stuff in scripts is not so bad actually. Most important is that it works.

 

 

49 minutes ago, Unknown22923 said:

Was about to ask if if was possible to remove the mismatched nail mesh on 3BA body, but seem like if you get support for "Shas' Equipable Hand Nails" it might do the trick so ill let you guys cook :D

I predict it will take quite a long time to prepare the menu ... ;)

Posted
20 minutes ago, Balgin said:

Hey Emily, we've got a few bugs/features this time 'round related to nails. Some of the fingernail models (it seems like the HN66 ones) block facial piercings with the dreaded "you need to remove your helmet to get this piercing" message while the nail extensions (presumably the HN66 Mage Nails) disappear when wearing anything in the body slot (so any armour or clothing).

That's an item slot conflict that cannot be solved. If you experience this issue, don't use these nails or piercings together.

That's why I also tend to prefer the headpart solution we are discussing. Sadly for you, this will not work with LE (3d nails is SE only, it seems; but maybe there will be a downgrade some day...)

Posted
8 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

I predict it will take quite a long time to prepare the menu ... ;)

Its fine, nothing that really affects gameplay anyways ill just sniff around for a bit ^^

Posted
16 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

That's an item slot conflict that cannot be solved. If you experience this issue, don't use these nails or piercings together.

That's why I also tend to prefer the headpart solution we are discussing. Sadly for you, this will not work with LE (3d nails is SE only, it seems; but maybe there will be a downgrade some day...)

Yep. I thought as much. It seemed worth making you aware of 'though in case you hadn't noticed yet.

Posted
21 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Nails are still black for me in the original mod when using 1st person -- strange.

Your mod works, but nails of your mod do not show up in 1st person.

 

The piercingticker script does all the makeup stuff, including nails.

Possible reason for your problem with editing properties: Script properties works only, when referring to forms in the same mod or in a master mod the mod is relying on.

That's why I think it doesn't work for you.

Only way to refer to items from other mods is the script command game.getformfromfile(), which also can use arguments stored in a json file -- that's how all configurable items are done, and also the references to Kaw's Claws and HN nails.

If you are interested: look at lines 2267-2340 in the piercingticker script.

Hardcoding stuff in scripts is not so bad actually. Most important is that it works.

Yes, that was exactly the issue. I added the black nails (slot 61) directly to a copy of the yps.esp and set the ref in the script and it was working fine.


Also I agree that it's most important to provide the functionality, personally I'm still a fan of being able to adjust a few things without having to recompile the script.

Posted
On 6/2/2024 at 4:18 AM, emily1673 said:

Missing sound & texture pack?

i found my problem i installed the mod in an already running save. I needed to click add/remove tats if installing YPS on an already existing save.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HannoJojo said:

Yes, that was exactly the issue. I added the black nails (slot 61) directly to a copy of the yps.esp and set the ref in the script and it was working fine.


Also I agree that it's most important to provide the functionality, personally I'm still a fan of being able to adjust a few things without having to recompile the script.

Good that it works.

 

Now that I've put more thought into this, I think it's the best if I rewrite the script code to use nail polish items defined in a .json file, instead of items defined in the script itself.

To make this work with 3d nails, it would be necessary that somebody creates 3d nail forms for the yps nail polish colors (ideally "glove" items, using slot 61, and having "empty" names, so they don't appear in the player inventory). These forms would be put into a separate esp. It would be great if you could prepare such an esp! :)  The script would grab them via getformfromfile() or formlistget(), according to the json values, and attach them to the player.

I suggest we discuss further details via personal message, as this might become rather technical.

In any case, thanks for the good ideas and the helpful comments!

 

The "black" nails I experience in 1st person view are probably an incompatibility with some mod, which can be solved somehow.

Edited by emily1673
Posted

Update 2024/06/03:

Uploaded new thought sound packs. Thanks to SquatsAreLife for his tremendous help!

Sound Pack Part 1 is unchanged (no need to download again, if you have already).

Part 2 just got one sound fixed (number 01245).

Part 3 has 10 fixed sounds, plus 215 new sounds, as well as a new (better) version of Dibella quest thoughts.

Posted
7 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said:

New voice pack for 6.7.3 is up:

 

Excellent, thanks a lot!

The download got considerably bigger. I guess that this is because the voice types of Lena and Ray have been fixed.

Posted

Congrats to the author for making one of the best mods on this site.

 

On 4/10/2024 at 10:24 PM, emily1673 said:

Feel free to make some suggestion how to do a follow-up quest.

IMO it should be more than just a few lines of dialogue, and ***oops*** you are pregnant. It should be rather a journey. An idea I once had is that the player becomes the subject of an experiment by a doctor to implant a functioning womb. Haven't put much thought into it though...

 

This gave me an idea. Ignorant of how much work this is, some brainstorming:

 

You express your wish to become pregnant.
The doctors tell you that they are unable to grant you that wish and that they've done all what is humanly possible. Any more progress would require a higher power.
You turn to the divines but all your prayers go unanswered. Feeling abandoned by the gods and becoming desperate, you get in contact with a shady doctor who offers you a highly experimental procedure transplanting female reproductive organs. Out of desperation you agree.
During the operation you die. Either because it failed or because the doctor tricked you to harvest your organs.
In the afterlife, you meet the previous Sybil. She tells you that this was part of the plan to test your resolve. You get reincarnated with a body that fits your soul.

 

Complementary ideas:

 

  • Your reincarnated body is virgin, unpierced, without makeup, nail polish, hair dye and has untrained feet.
  • You have to exact revenge on the doctor to get your gear back.
  • The council has already pronounced you dead and more paperwork to reinstate your citizenship is required.
  • Interaction with Bimbos of Skyrim: You also get yourself cursed as an attempt to get a fertile body but fail. Before reincarnation, the divines offer to restore your soul to a pre-Bimbo state.
     
Posted
17 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said:

New voice pack for 6.7.3 is up:

 

Not sure exactly how noob this makes me, but are your packs plus the ones in the YPS downloads redundant?

I downloaded a past version of your "thoughts" packs and unpacked/recombined them to make a working mod. The voices play. With that working, there's no need to do the same thing with the three "thoughts" downloads available on the YPS page itself, correct?

That is, unless I want to update. In that case I could choose either set of downloads but should not need both. ?

Posted
4 hours ago, andreador89 said:

This gave me an idea. Ignorant of how much work this is, some brainstorming:

Trying to leapfrog off your brainstorming ...

The idea of questing for pregnancy could lead to a radiant quest with a number of endings, including the one you  mentioned. 

Make it possible to try one or more of several routes toward pregnancy. Deals with Daedra or various gods, or even mages (desperate, right?). Subquests to potentially earn their help. That may result in pregnancy or double cross (or something else). Or a sympathetic god may at some point reward the effort of serially trying nutty methods of achieving pregnancy.

I like the idea of having a making a variety of outcomes available depending on the player's actions.

Posted
On 5/31/2024 at 11:25 AM, emily1673 said:

This message comes from another mod (I think DD).

Try to equip+unequip a DD chastity belt and chastity bra (any bra and belt works), and see whether this problem persists.

I wonder if this is triggered by the medical boots? I would replace them if I could find a reliable source for high heel boots. There are mods out there that purport to provide high heel shoes and boots but when the shoes/boots are equipped there is no "high heels equipped" message like you get when equipping the medical boots. Anyone know of a mod that provides high heel shoes/boots?

Posted
4 hours ago, andreador89 said:

Congrats to the author for making one of the best mods on this site.

 

 

This gave me an idea. Ignorant of how much work this is, some brainstorming:

 

You express your wish to become pregnant.
The doctors tell you that they are unable to grant you that wish and that they've done all what is humanly possible. Any more progress would require a higher power.
You turn to the divines but all your prayers go unanswered. Feeling abandoned by the gods and becoming desperate, you get in contact with a shady doctor who offers you a highly experimental procedure transplanting female reproductive organs. Out of desperation you agree.
During the operation you die. Either because it failed or because the doctor tricked you to harvest your organs.
In the afterlife, you meet the previous Sybil. She tells you that this was part of the plan to test your resolve. You get reincarnated with a body that fits your soul.

 

Complementary ideas:

 

  • Your reincarnated body is virgin, unpierced, without makeup, nail polish, hair dye and has untrained feet.
  • You have to exact revenge on the doctor to get your gear back.
  • The council has already pronounced you dead and more paperwork to reinstate your citizenship is required.
  • Interaction with Bimbos of Skyrim: You also get yourself cursed as an attempt to get a fertile body but fail. Before reincarnation, the divines offer to restore your soul to a pre-Bimbo state.
     

As I pointed out in an earlier post, IRL every part of the female reproductive system, except the ovaries, is present in vestigial form, in the male body. The ovaries and the testes develop from the same fetal tissue in the fetus depending on the release of specific hormones. Hence, no vestigial ovaries. My suggestion was that, absent the testes and so no more testosterone, those vestigial parts could develop into functioning female reproductive organs under the influence of the female hormones released by the dispensers implanted in her breasts by the doctor when the breast surgery was performed.

So to get a fully functional, in the reproductive sense, female there would only need to be some way of providing ovaries to our otherwise now female PC. This opens up any number of possibilities.

One such could be Dibella asking the PC to undertake a quest. If the PC is successful, Dibella will ask Kynareth to intervene and provide the necessary element our PC needs to become a fully functional, fertile female.

Why Kynareth? According to Danica, Kynareth is the god who brings life in the form of sun and rain for the crops. In other words, Kynareth is a nature/fertility god. He is also a god of healing. After all, the hospital in Whiterun is in the Temple of Kynareth. The only, as far as we know, doctor in Skyrim works in that temple. So Kynareth is both a god of healing and a god of fertility. Who else better to grant the wishes of our PC to become a fully functional, fertile female?

Posted
1 hour ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Why Kynareth? According to Danica, Kynareth is the god who brings life in the form of sun and rain for the crops. In other words, Kynareth is a nature/fertility god. He is also a god of healing. After all, the hospital in Whiterun is in the Temple of Kynareth. The only, as far as we know, doctor in Skyrim works in that temple. So Kynareth is both a god of healing and a god of fertility. Who else better to grant the wishes of our PC to become a fully functional, fertile female?

That's quite understandable although I can't shake this feeling that mother Mara might be heavily involved in fertility as well.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ArgyleSmith said:

Not sure exactly how noob this makes me, but are your packs plus the ones in the YPS downloads redundant?

I downloaded a past version of your "thoughts" packs and unpacked/recombined them to make a working mod. The voices play. With that working, there's no need to do the same thing with the three "thoughts" downloads available on the YPS page itself, correct?

That is, unless I want to update. In that case I could choose either set of downloads but should not need both. ?

There are 3 kinds of voice packs, each different:

1) The "Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE Voice" packs give voices to the various NPCs for the YPS quests and dialogues (need to be repackaged by the user first)

2) The "DBVO Bella -Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE" gives voices to the player herself for the quests and dialogues (needs the Dragonborn Voice Over mod to work)

3) The "yps thought sounds" (provided in the download section of YPS) gives voices to the player thoughts of the YTF system. Just download and install all 3 of them (no need to repackage).

So you could install all of them to get everything fully voiced. Or just parts of them, just as you prefer.

 

3 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

I wonder if this is triggered by the medical boots? I would replace them if I could find a reliable source for high heel boots. There are mods out there that purport to provide high heel shoes and boots but when the shoes/boots are equipped there is no "high heels equipped" message like you get when equipping the medical boots. Anyone know of a mod that provides high heel shoes/boots?

Yes, the medical boots are the culprit here.

There are lots of high heel mods on the Nexus or here on LL. They generally should all work with YPS.

Edited by emily1673
Posted
10 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Yes, the medical boots are the culprit here.

There are lots of high heel mods on the Nexus or here on LL. They generally should all work with YPS.

I have seen some of them but the ones I have tried don't give the "high heels equipped" message which makes me wonder if the game is recognizing that my PC is, in fact, wearing high heels. Yeah, probably overthinking it but there's this damned little voice in the back of my head...

Some folks are just natural worrywarts.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Balgin said:

That's quite understandable although I can't shake this feeling that mother Mara might be heavily involved in fertility as well.

I think of mother Mara as more like the Roman goddess Vesta, goddess of the hearth and so, goddess of domesticity. Just like Dibella comes across as the Tamrielan version of Venus; goddess of carnal love but not necessarily fertility. The Roman goddess of fertility would be Ceres, goddess of agriculture, grain crops, fertility and motherly relationships.

 

O/T For those wondering what the heck agriculture has to do with human fertility, back in the day, human and animal fertility was associated with crop fertility. There would be annual ceremonies where the king (not in Rome, mostly Fertile Crescent religions) would have sex with the high priestess before the gathered city dwellers, symbolically making the fields fertile for the grain crops to be planted.

Edited by KentuckyExpat
Posted
On 6/4/2024 at 10:43 AM, ArgyleSmith said:

Not sure exactly how noob this makes me, but are your packs plus the ones in the YPS downloads redundant?

I downloaded a past version of your "thoughts" packs and unpacked/recombined them to make a working mod. The voices play. With that working, there's no need to do the same thing with the three "thoughts" downloads available on the YPS page itself, correct?

That is, unless I want to update. In that case I could choose either set of downloads but should not need both. ?

The voice packs are to voice NPC in YPS, the thought files are to voice the player's thoughts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...