Hi!

A technical question, possibly a bit broad, what could cause the "blood overlay effect" to no be displayed when wearing the Dwemer Mech Suit?

I'm toying in the CK with NPCs using another armor using that suit's enchantment, it worked until it didn't (nothing was changed on those characters, their outfits, the armor or armor addon). I tried equipping the original suit, the modified armor I'm using on the NPCs, changing races, etc.

Thanks in advance

On 3/24/2023 at 10:22 PM, JohnnyWalkerBlue said:

I thought it was intentional, even though it says there should be one included that isn't.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4350-dwarven-devious-cuirass/

Thank you for answering but sorry, I didn't understand your post.

In case I've poorly worded mine: The overlay (hope I'm not abusing the term) was correctly displayed on previous in-game verifications (both on the original cuirass and on the armor I've added the enchantment to), and now it isn't.

Edit: Found the culprit: the activator DLC1TestBloodWater1024 in a nearby cell. Not the first visual issue this one caused me.

Edit: That's not that so it might be linked to the quest condition triggering the effect. Creating a spell/effect without condition to apply to the relevant NPCs at least seems to solve my issue and will likely be simpler.

Edited by ExodusTransonicMercury
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

I recently installed Skyrim AE.

Vortex give me no errors about conflicting or missing mods.

But when I launch the game through SKSE I get an error that DeviousDevices.dll is an LE plugin and not SE.

Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

I will so use this if I can just bypass that animation nonsense which there should have been a tickable box for since the beginning. And I guess this mod would let you bypass a lot of ridiculousness besides that, so omg, thank you so much. You're amazin!!!! Can't believe I never heard of this. Ooof I hate that mod so much. I've never downloaded a mod so much (just because it's required by everything) and avoided ever commenting or going near it so thoroughly in my life. Never!

So does this make you not have to animate the lockpick thing? Because it's just one of the many things that makes Devious Devices the most irritating mess I've ever downloaded for years and years now, aside from broken chain handcuffs, poooooooooooor as hell physics that need the help of the newer SMP makers that make it run like lightning, really weird MCM ticks, the most horrifying JSON-powered disaster of a locked device-related animation list. I could write a book, a series of books. lol.

Edited by LynErso666
22 hours ago, Diablo98 said:

Hey there,

I recently installed Skyrim AE.

Vortex give me no errors about conflicting or missing mods.

But when I launch the game through SKSE I get an error that DeviousDevices.dll is an LE plugin and not SE.

Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

You posted in the wrong support thread.

This is the support thread for Devious Devices Equip.

You should post your question in the Devious Devices SE support thread.

On 4/22/2023 at 9:52 PM, LynErso666 said:

I will so use this if I can just bypass that animation nonsense which there should have been a tickable box for since the beginning. And I guess this mod would let you bypass a lot of ridiculousness besides that, so omg, thank you so much. You're amazin!!!! Can't believe I never heard of this. Ooof I hate that mod so much. I've never downloaded a mod so much (just because it's required by everything) and avoided ever commenting or going near it so thoroughly in my life. Never!

Thank you and you're welcome. :classic_tongue:

hey quick question. i have skyrim se and have the base mod intalled. but the requirements like assets and integration contraptions etc all seem to no be compatable. when i run fnis i get warnings on those files. actually its just the integration file. cant find the SE compatable one

Edited by Duo18
On 4/29/2023 at 6:51 AM, Duo18 said:

hey quick question. i have skyrim se and have the base mod intalled. but the requirements like assets and integration contraptions etc all seem to no be compatable. when i run fnis i get warnings on those files. actually its just the integration file. cant find the SE compatable one

Devious Devices SE is available here:

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Oldrim, And installed like before. 

But by some reason this mod (Devious Devices Equip) and (Chain beasts) do not populate MCM, tried the set stage, and jaxon solution. 
Nothing works. 

All requirements appear installed, (i cannot find Address Library for SKSE Plugins for LE, possible does not exist)

Tried to reinstall all mods the same issue occurs just with this both mods. 

Any ideia? 

Hey folks.. have a question.

The Requirement stating "Needs PapyrusUtil" ... i downloaded it, and stuck it in Mod Manager, and it showed it was overwriting SLFramework,  Putting it under SLFramework, and it showed SLFramework overwriting it.  Does SLFrameworkAE currently include the PapyrusUtil making that requirement redudant now? or do i still need to have it 'befor' SLFramework so it doesent screw up anything in the framework?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, pnutz78 said:

does this mod allow you to equip DD's on your follower?

yes!

3 hours ago, pnutz78 said:

does this mod support DD 5.2?

yeee... it seems so, I don't see why not:

Version No. 5.39.4

• Patched .::. Removed rubber sounds from non-rubber DDe catsuits. 
  • Patched .::. Arm shackles effects.
  • Patched .::. The mech suit outfit conflicting devices and the last option in the list passed in being ignored.
  • Patched .::. Misc. things.
  • Added .::. Option to auto load the crosshair actor into the MCM. When nothing is selected in the crosshair it will default to whatever was selected in the actor list (you have to select something in the list after the update first, tho). 
  • Added .::. Compatibility with DDf 5.2 hoods.
  • Added .::. Mech suit super punch/bash. Mech suits will send the punched/bashed flying. Power configurable in the MCM.
  • Added .::. Paging system for actor .jsons. 
  • Added .::. Belts in the device options.
  • Added .::. Other things.

I had DDe and DD5.2 installed together and my PC is still alive. Mostly.

Edited by donttouchmethere
On 5/23/2023 at 2:10 AM, GamerB110 said:

dumb question, how to set my character as a actor and manage equipped devious devices. i`m playing on the SE version of the mod.

Then, How To Add/Make An Actor List

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Captured Dreams is back, and now DDe is telling me to install the CD patch from the downloads section, but its not there anymore.   :)  

Yes, that message is outdated.

DDE now has a FOMOD installer and the CD patch is now included in the FOMOD.

You will need to re-install DDE and in the FOMOD menu choose to install the CD patch.

Edited by Herowynne
9 hours ago, Thornagar said:

CD is back, gona need a patch for that.

DDE now has a FOMOD installer and the CD patch is included in the FOMOD.

When you install DDE, in the FOMOD menu, choose to install the CD patch.

If you already have DDE installed, then you will need to re-install DDE, and in the FOMOD menu, choose to install the CD patch.