Your mod is so important to my game that I will restart. I have uninstalled "deviously cursed loot" as a precaution. And I will avoid the near occasion of Anise in the future.

PS I do not know what the whole chastity MCM option is about. I just assume it's some sort of blocking thing, if a person is wearing a chastity-type item, your mod doesn't act.

I know about the modify-approach options, but I am unsure about the "enable chastity" selection.

So I usually disable "(Do not check) "enable chastity" at all, but then i wonder if it's tied in with the modify-approach selections.

I am pretty sure another mod eventually blocks yours somehow, just not sure which. "Prison Overhaul" is gone, and so is DCL, like I said.

I am not sure about sexlab-stories+sexlab-hormones,, keeping them for now (they are tied into sanguines debauchery)

I am pretty certain DCL does not interfere with this mod. Not only that I couldn't see why it would do such a thing, but so many people use them together that we'd know if this would be the case.

Your mod is so important to my game that I will restart. I have uninstalled "deviously cursed loot" as a precaution. And I will avoid the near occasion of Anise in the future.

PS I do not know what the whole chastity MCM option is about. I just assume it's some sort of blocking thing, if a person is wearing a chastity-type item, your mod doesn't act.

I know about the modify-approach options, but I am unsure about the "enable chastity" selection.

So I usually disable "(Do not check) "enable chastity" at all, but then i wonder if it's tied in with the modify-approach selections.

I am pretty sure another mod eventually blocks yours somehow, just not sure which. "Prison Overhaul" is gone, and so is DCL, like I said.

I am not sure about sexlab-stories+sexlab-hormones,, keeping them for now (they are tied into sanguines debauchery)

I am pretty certain DCL does not interfere with this mod. Not only that I couldn't see why it would do such a thing, but so many people use them together that we'd know if this would be the case.

Worncollar (the variable) is coming up as false on several different worn collars.

I should probably abandon trying to use a collar for vulnerability purposes and try cuffs, hmm

I sort of need an item that is mostly decorative and doesn't get in anyone's way, but triggers slave-keywords.

"devious devices expansion" unlocked slave boots work great.

---

They work great up until a certain point in the game, when it just stops and refers to people from another town.

I'm starting yet again, this time I've disabled hydrogons slaves and right this minute I plan to disable paradise-valley underground bathhouse.

Maybe the game gets flustered when i start pulling NPC's to live there?

I hope  to revert first to the prison after most of the MCM selections are set, not a totally new game.

Not sure if that's a mistake but I'm too lazy to go through MCM twice in one morning.

Agreed. I play with DCUR extensively, and none of the changes I made between 12.4.4 and 13.X have any relation to DCUR so I highly doubt there's a connection to this bug.

I didn't want chastity items to count as vulnerable items themselves at the time, but I thought the perception of someone walking down the street would change if they were wearing a chastity belt alone compared to a belt + collar, or belt + naked, ect. One might be a woman who is paranoid, or in marriage escrow (if there is such a term) ect, the other is clearly more of a slave.

So I added a modifier, if you're wearing chastity and ALSO vulnerable, then it makes you more vulnerable, as some sort of compromise.

You're correct about the blocking potential. People will not approach you if you are considered vulnerable and wearing blocking chastity (full belt + gag). Unless they have a key, then they will approach and unlock you.

If chastity is off, then both the modifier and the blocking should not work. If you don't want the modifier to work, just change it to 1.

Possible I guess, I just thought I somehow turned off the mod resetting necessary for NPC search to work. I use all the mods you listed except for stories and hormones.

Worncollar (the variable) is coming up as false on several different worn collars.

I should probably abandon trying to use a collar for vulnerability purposes and try cuffs, hmm

I sort of need an item that is mostly decorative and doesn't get in anyone's way, but triggers slave-keywords.

They need to be DD/ZAZ collars for it to work, not collars as part of regular clothing mods. If they are DD/Zaz, and they aren't working, tell me which mod they are from and/or what exact name/object_id they have. You can get the object ID by using player.inventory in console to show all items in your inventory, that list will be really long if you don't move stuff to a chest first.

Slave harnesses might work for "doesn't get in the way", the full harnesses block collar and belt, but the slave harnesses don't. Just don't get a blocking model or they will block the chest piece slot too.

They work great up until a certain point in the game, when it just stops and refers to people from another town.

I'm starting yet again, this time I've disabled hydrogons slaves and right this minute I plan to disable paradise-valley underground bathhouse.

Maybe the game gets flustered when i start pulling NPC's to live there?

I hope  to revert first to the prison after most of the MCM selections are set, not a totally new game.

Not sure if that's a mistake but I'm too lazy to go through MCM twice in one morning.

It's not the point where you add races to the list, right? I only did some light testing but it seemed to work regardless.

I didn't mean actually throwing away your current save, just making a new save for quick testing purposes.

If DEC works on a new save for awhile, then it's probably just some save corruption an I can't be much of help, if it's still broken on a new save then I know there's something broken in DEC itself.

I can't think of a MCM setting you could have changed that would cause this bug. It's as if the NPC search mod isn't clearing it's aliases, stuck.

I should have a new version later tonight that might fix it, assuming it was something later in the changes I made to test 3 that is causing this fault.

This might fix it.

I couldn't replicate the issue but that was after I made some changes.

Thank you.

I had this console-screenshot of random nearest-people in some pissant burg, but I'll try the update first.

*Something* causes your perfect mod to break and stop working, And I only have a few biggie mods to uninstall, so this is a welcome change from hacking my game to pieces

I should probably mention that my papyrus logs are swelling up to alarming proportions, it isn't clear why.

Your log is large because you have two stack dumps, not sure what caused them. Stack dumps are normally when there is too many scripts running all at once (each function needs a stack frame, too many frames and you run out of space), but only three frames from DEC suggests DEC isn't running wild or anything (not making 1000 copies of itself or anything), so I don't think DEC is contributing more than normal to cause the dump.

One of these days I'll find a program or script that can simplify the stackdump to help identify which mods take up more than their fair share of frames, or create massive frames, probably a grep regex I could use, haven't found it yet.

I doubt this is helpful, but simplifying the stack shows it to be mostly comprised of XPMSE scripts, like 75% or more.

The only other scripts I see frequently in this stackdump are MikCheckForSpriggan (SD+?) and PlayerSuccubusQuest scripts.

I don't know enough about reading these stack dumps to tell you if these are normal amounts of active scripts or if you should be concerned. Reducing the size of the file makes it look like a really small stack, like this isn't the full stack, like maybe it's only the recently paged stack or what the system could dump before it was hot erased from memory.

Deeper save cleaning and/or new save might fix some of these, might add more misery, no sure. I've heard some people can fix CTD and maybe this kind of stakc overflow with papyrus ini configurations, but I've never found one solid source that contained all knowledge.

just_dumps.txt

only_one_psc.txt

I should probably mention that my papyrus logs are swelling up to alarming proportions, it isn't clear why.

Your log is large because you have two stack dumps, not sure what caused them. Stack dumps are normally when there is too many scripts running all at once (each function needs a stack frame, too many frames and you run out of space), but only three frames from DEC suggests DEC isn't running wild or anything (not making 1000 copies of itself or anything), so I don't think DEC is contributing more than normal to cause the dump.

One of these days I'll find a program or script that can simplify the stackdump to help identify which mods take up more than their fair share of frames, or create massive frames, probably a grep regex I could use, haven't found it yet.

I doubt this is helpful, but simplifying the stack shows it to be mostly comprised of XPMSE scripts, like 75% or more.

The only other scripts I see frequently in this stackdump are MikCheckForSpriggan (SD+?) and PlayerSuccubusQuest scripts.

I don't know enough about reading these stack dumps to tell you if these are normal amounts of active scripts or if you should be concerned. Reducing the size of the file makes it look like a really small stack, like this isn't the full stack, like maybe it's only the recently paged stack or what the system could dump before it was hot erased from memory.

Deeper save cleaning and/or new save might fix some of these, might add more misery, no sure. I've heard some people can fix CTD and maybe this kind of stakc overflow with papyrus ini configurations, but I've never found one solid source that contained all knowledge.

pdtwrapper didn't mention any unattached scripts at the beginning of the game.

Do you have any quests that are named da16?

I always setstage da16 to 200, "waking nightmare"

Well it's happened again, after working 100%++, Peaches goes to rorikstead and then Dragonbridge, where the mod peters out and dies along the way.

I cant tell if it's scarlet fever, consumption or the flu, but she's dead, Jim.

Well it's happened again, after working 100%++, Peaches goes to rorikstead and then Dragonbridge, where the mod peters out and dies along the way.

All DEC quests start with CRDE, not sure what da16 is, death alternative?

You might be able to reset DEC manually with stopquest crdenpcmonitor and then startquest crdenpcmonitor, but since that's what is supposed to be happening normally not sure it will work. If it DOES work for you, you could write those two commands to a file titled fixdec.txt in skyrim's folder, then you could type bat fixdec which is shorter at least. Edit: I don't mean typing that every single time you want to be approached, I meant that it might kick-start the mod back into action, so you would only have to type it when it gets stuck,

Otherwise I don't know what could stop a quest from resetting like that, I'm 90% sure the quest doesn't have any conditions or anything that could naturally lock it, there's a stack dump in this log too, but I'm not sure if stackdumping has ever caused my mods to stop working when it has happened to me in the past...

This stackdump has more mikcheckforspriggans than before,

Edit:

[05/17/2016 - 05:48:22AM] [::temp37]: [[Race <DremoraRace (000131F0)>], [Race <DremoraRace (000131F0)>], [Race <DremoraRace (000131F0)>], None, None, None, None, None, None, None]

Why did you add the same race 3 times?

All DEC quests start with CRDE, not sure what da16 is, death alternative?

You might be able to reset DEC manually with stopquest crdenpcmonitor and then startquest crdenpcmonitor, but since that's what is supposed to be happening normally not sure it will work. If it DOES work for you, you could write those two commands to a file titled fixdec.txt in skyrim's folder, then you could type bat fixdec which is shorter at least. Edit: I don't mean typing that every single time you want to be approached, I meant that it might kick-start the mod back into action, so you would only have to type it when it gets stuck,

Otherwise I don't know what could stop a quest from resetting like that, I'm 90% sure the quest doesn't have any conditions or anything that could naturally lock it, there's a stack dump in this log too, but I'm not sure if stackdumping has ever caused my mods to stop working when it has happened to me in the past...

This stackdump has more mikcheckforspriggans than before,

Edit:

[05/17/2016 - 05:48:22AM] [::temp37]: [[Race <DremoraRace (000131F0)>], [Race <DremoraRace (000131F0)>], [Race <DremoraRace (000131F0)>], None, None, None, None, None, None, None]

Why did you add the same race 3 times?

Thanks so much for the batch file suggestion.

DA16 is the waking-nightmare quest in Dawnstar.

It used to be so bugged that now it's too boring, but instead of letting the residents suffer, I just complete the quest.

The clean-save thing (Or whatever it's called), you know, when you save, quit, come back?

Well i think the valid-race thing is persisting across that.

I took your word for it and reactivated it after a game restart, but sometimes I'd forget and get approached anyway. So that's why you see three times.

The clean-save thing (Or whatever it's called), you know, when you save, quit, come back?

Well i think the valid-race thing is persisting across that.

I took your word for it and reactivated it after a game restart, but sometimes I'd forget and get approached anyway. So that's why you see three times.

I think we have different definitions of save cleaning. That sounds like game refreshing, you're cycling the game engine/state, and making a new copy of the save data, but not necessarily cleaning anything from the save data?

SKSE should clean some data from the save if the mod was removed before the save is made but you need to use a tool like Save tool or Save cleaner to clean the save outside of skyrim to really clean the save without uninstalling the mod, heck I do it anyways because SKSE  doesn't seem to get everything. Instructions are found on the front page of this thread/mod description page.

The race should persist through saves and through the whole game just fine, I wouldn't have added the feature if it was so short lived that you would need to redo it every time you started the game.

Edit: Might as well repost it here:

How do I save clean?

Save tool seems to work perfectly with DEC.

Either:

* Make a hard save when DEC is uninstalled

* Load the save in savetool.exe

* go back to the main page and hit "FixScriptInstances" and "Fix all #"

* save your changes

Or:

* Make a hard save

* Load the save in savetool.exe

* Go to "Mod editor" and check deviouslyenslaved.esp on the list

* Hit both delete forms and delete scripts on the right side,

* go back to the main page and hit "FixScriptInstances" and "Fix all #" <- for good measure

* save your changes

Throwing in a "fix broken inactives" might be a good idea too, after everything else, in the past it would cause more problems then solve, but that seems to have been fixed.

If Save cleaning doesn't refresh DEC's MCM, manually search for "crde" in save tools left script search,and delete all scripts that show up with that name, that has fixed that odd bug for me in the past.

I'm not an expert with using save tool, but this works really well for DE and DEC. The only part of your save that isn't cleaned are the crde StorageUtil variables, which are only used as time stamps currently anyway, so it shouldn't matter if they are left over

I bypassed any towns and cities, I snuck into Ysolda's house, everything still works!

Your batch will come in handy when the Mod-of-Doom kills this mod.

I keep my game much nicer than I keep my house.

No orphan scripts!

I bypassed any towns and cities, I snuck into Ysolda's house, everything still works!

No orphan scripts!

I'm not sure you actually cleaned anything with "size: -0.00kB" (very little or no difference in size = no changes?) but if it's working then no worries.

No orphan scripts!

I'm not sure you actually cleaned anything with "size: -0.00kB" (very little or no difference in size = no changes?) but if it's working then no worries.

I'm progressing....

I uninstalled the beta of captured dreams and the CRDE mod seemed happy.

But then I re-installed several other suspected mods and the symptoms returned, the console telling me about NPC's miles away.

Bat crdefix (stop, then another batch for start):

It's tough to explain.

The first time I ran it, twenty lines spewed out about distance and some huge numbers.

I uninstalled one reinstalled mod (Simple slavery)

And this time it said twenty lines about haskeyword.

It's becoming my impossible dream, to find the mods that conflict somehow.

But this is fruitless because I do not know the actual point of conflict, so even if I come back and blurt that some mod kills your mod, I will not know why.

---

Anyway I've put back 12.44

And with almost no mods, everything seems more responsive.

Even the prison ghost perked up.

I figure you already know the differences between 12.44 and 13 experiment-4,  besides the race-validate, so I will just assume some of the changes were too new for my setup.

Thank you

Assuming there isn't a mod that lets you change genders mid-playthrough, why not just turn the mod off for that character? In the first page of hte MCM menu there is a button that turns off the mod (meant for temporary purposes but works well for long term use too.)

Or if you wanted enslave approach but not sex, just turn the sex appraoch chance down to 0 in the same MCM page.

Assuming there isn't a mod that lets you change genders mid-playthrough, why not just turn the mod off for that character? In the first page of hte MCM menu there is a button that turns off the mod (meant for temporary purposes but works well for long term use too.)

Or if you wanted enslave approach but not sex, just turn the sex appraoch chance down to 0 in the same MCM page.

So i wanted it to work on my female NPC followers though. Like if they were defeated in battle they could be enslaved?

So i wanted it to work on my female NPC followers though. Like if they were defeated in battle they could be enslaved?

Sorry, right now DEC doesn't have functionality to allow NPCs to approach your follower at all, only approach the player.

Has anyone tried re-stringing DEC through Restringer? https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2885-restringer/

It should reduce the string count quite a bit. Large MCM menu, script heavy with lots of property use, and end point mod should all make it a decent candidate for restringing.

I'm just too lazy to bother, playing less than normal right now but making irregular changes and too lazy to re-string every time I make a change to DEC.

Assuming errors aren't introduced in the process, my only concern would be the lack of ability to debug by looking up variables in the quests while they are running, those variables should all get generic names that wouldn't be recognizable.

If you play wtih DEC and never use such debugging functionality (almost all of you I would think) it should be a big help at preventing save corruption. If you have issues let markdf know so he can fix them.

Has anyone tried re-stringing DEC through Restringer? https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2885-restringer/

It should reduce the string count quite a bit. Large MCM menu, script heavy with lots of property use, and end point mod should all make it a decent candidate for restringing.

I'm just too lazy to bother, playing less than normal right now but making irregular changes and too lazy to re-string every time I make a change to DEC.

Assuming errors aren't introduced in the process, my only concern would be the lack of ability to debug by looking up variables in the quests while they are running, those variables should all get generic names that wouldn't be recognizable.

If you play wtih DEC and never use such debugging functionality (almost all of you I would think) it should be a big help at preventing save corruption. If you have issues let markdf know so he can fix them.

"Load a mod"

asks me for a directory, which I give it.

Somewhere in the upper right hand corner it says "78 esps", "32 bsas"

but the entire screen is blank.

so...wtf it wants at this point eludes me.

I would not want it to process every freaking mod, because you know, trust issues.

I'd only want to pick one.

So ok, with the blank screen before me, having selected your mod,

I process the script and get a directory called "scripts" and disasm or something similar.

I overwrite the scripts in scripts, (hoping that's what it wanted, hmm) and I'm about to start the game.

"Load a mod"

I would not want it to process every freaking mod, because you know, trust issues.

Since it's still rather young as a program, markdf himself said it's not a good idea to run on more than a few mods to start with, you're right that you don't want to restring all mods.

I think one mod only works with something like Mod Organizer where each mod is installed to it's own isolated place. Assuming you don't have MO, I think you can trick Restringer if you take the DEC install zip, extract it to a random folder by itself instead of skyrim's data folder, then pointing Restringer at that folder as the mod.

Stripping just the one mod (DEC) shows several strings converted, but I think that number would be larger with multiple mods, maybe not (should be enough strings in vanilla to use already)

If you can't get your end to work, I threw together what my side made as a mod.

post-180569-0-89202400-1463895360_thumb.png

Deviously Enslaved Continued(v12.4.4 restrung 2).7z

"Load a mod"

Since it's still rather young as a program, markdf himself said it's not a good idea to run on more than a few mods to start with, you're right that you don't want to restring all mods.

I think one mod only works with something like Mod Organizer where each mod is installed to it's own isolated place. Assuming you don't have MO, I think you can trick Restringer if you take the DEC install zip, extract it to a random folder by itself instead of skyrim's data folder, then pointing Restringer at that folder as the mod.

Stripping just the one mod (DEC) shows several strings converted, but I think that number would be larger with multiple mods, maybe not (should be enough strings in vanilla to use already)

If you can't get your end to work, I threw together what my side made as a mod.

I ran it, started the game, and ran back here with a screenshot (pant, pant)

The thing is, I pretty much got what you got but then your mod warned me about something (see screenshot)

oh jeez, of course it's a bug I could never replicate....

Uhh.. maybe you can fix it by turning on the Mods refresh function in the MCM::Debug top right corner, that refreshes DEC to recheck for available mods.

If not, then maybe it's a real bug an I'll have to spend some time making markdf a bug report...

oh jeez, of course it's a bug I could never replicate....

Uhh.. maybe you can fix it by turning on the Mods refresh function in the MCM::Debug top right corner, that refreshes DEC to recheck for available mods.

If not, then maybe it's a real bug an I'll have to spend some time making markdf a bug report...

The game loaded without error, and then I ran the "redetect" mcm thing and the screenshot warned me about Zaz again.

Maybe it's a timing issue? I *have* zaz 6.11, but the new-improved stringed thing doesn't give it a chance to load?

That's my biggie guess anyway.

But more importantly, does your mod shut itself down now or will it bravely soldier on?

I won't know for a bit, my game is too far at the beginning.