IIRC he's been busy with real life as well, so it's probably just taking a while. Anubis is a good guy, so he'll probably share it at some point. 

Besides, and I know that not everyone can afford to be a patron (although you should definitely consider doing so if you can), the wait makes the reward all the sweeter, right?

3 hours ago, Wildwinds said:

IIRC he's been busy with real life as well, so it's probably just taking a while. Anubis is a good guy, so he'll probably share it at some point. 

Besides, and I know that not everyone can afford to be a patron (although you should definitely consider doing so if you can), the wait makes the reward all the sweeter, right?

Thank you for the quick response! That makes sense, real life can get in the way sometimes. The part that concerns me is that he has updated everything except the actual downloadable packs. He's updates his WIP tumblr and his webm tumblr pretty consistently. So we can see what he's done since February, we just can't use it. Of course, like you said, it'll be all the sweeter when he updates and we, hopefully, get months of content at once.

On 14.5.2018 at 11:01 PM, BeoWulf91 said:

Thank you for the quick response! That makes sense, real life can get in the way sometimes. The part that concerns me is that he has updated everything except the actual downloadable packs. He's updates his WIP tumblr and his webm tumblr pretty consistently. So we can see what he's done since February, we just can't use it. Of course, like you said, it'll be all the sweeter when he updates and we, hopefully, get months of content at once.

There was this whole debacle a while back where it was said that in an update on his patreon, he said he wouldnt be releasing anymore content on here. Now I cant confirm that this is the case since Im not a patreon of his and cant read said post, but given how long its been since the last update I wouldnt get my hopes up.

I'm asking again: Is this necessary? If Anub no longer wants to work for free, it is his decission.

I am not able to do animations, so I'm thankful for the things he offered for free. I can't afford it to pay for mods, so I can't support him on patreon. I will miss his work. That's it.

Best wishes for the future!

Some of you guys are laughable.. Anubis is offering all of his work thus far for what amounts to what you would pay for, I dunno.. a cheap lunch, and y'all still find a reason to complain??

You're not owed anything. Get over yourselves. If you can't afford it, either you're not an adult and have no business playing a mature title like Skyrim anyway.. or you think some people should work for free. For you.. ha. Get a clue.

Thread (temporarily) locked (again.)

Please cool off.

If somebody stops modding, it is just his business.

Begging and blaming will not help your situation.

Thread re-open.

Respect the people and don't start drama again.

Next time there will be immediately warning points for everybody, including contributors.

BE AWARE: anybody starting again debates on paywalls will get warning points immediately.

Ok so i want to do a little experiment, hear me out:

Basicly want to see how many normal people still check this thread for public releases.

When i still did them there was almost no activity here so it looked to me that almost all people who cared emigrated to patreon with me or just moved on.

All that were left were people cheking the thread out of spite like what we saw before the 2nd purge.

Anyways, if you any of you are still interested in seeing reemergance of public packs here - post something like "me" or "+" and let it sit here for a few days, see how many ppl there is and if my suspicions were correct or not.

ps. dont try to goat me into arguments again, wont work this time. Mods told me to not engage and just report anyone trying.

13 minutes ago, AnubiSs2167 said:

Basicly want to see how many normal people still check this thread for public releases.

When i still did them there was almost no activity here so it looked to me that almost all people who cared emigrated to patreon with me or just moved on.

All that were left were people cheking the thread out of spite like what we saw before the 2nd purge.

Anyways, if you any of you are still interested in seeing reemergance of public packs here - post something like "me" or "+" and let it sit here for a few days, see how many ppl there is and if my suspicions were correct or not.

ps. dont try to goat me into arguments again, wont work this time. Mods told me to not engage and just report anyone trying.

That, and CPU did warn everyone twice that they'll get immediate warnings, if not worse.

As for the whole lack of activity:
1) Personally I post very little and lurk a bunch, so I was definitely not contributing to the discussion at all. On top of that, I didn't really want to to get into a cycle of you posting an update or a preview gif, my posting something about 'hey that looks nice' or 'how about adjusting this or that (with no experience with animation tools, haha),' and then just kind of repeating. Maybe it was just my imagination but something like that seemed like it would be kind of hollow. Given that you have 213 people following the thread right now and 1.6k following the download file page, there are definitely a lot more lurkers than there are active posters, regardless of whether or not they share my reasons or just want to download the animations.

2) Putting aside the usual trash posts like "can you do animation for this" and "when updates," communication is a two way street. Granted, from what I see on your patreon you post regularly and communicate with your patrons, the migration of that sort of update/hey guys what do you think about this/insert topic of conversation with your follower base meant that there was none of that here. Would it suck having to essentially make duplicate posts because you already released information/topics/previews on your Patreon/tumblr? Yeah, it kind of does, but if no one's talking about anything here, you're just gonna end up with "what happened to anubis/updates" kind of posts and none of the more conversation-y kind.

Just trying to provide some constructive points on that topic. 

As far as carrying on a conversation here in the future, it might not be a terrible idea to have maybe like a "weekly roundup" where you link a few webm previews from your tumblr - those are posts that you're already doing anyway, and would lead to conversation here based on people liking the ideas, perhaps offering advice on gif composition, etc. There's not gonna be much conversation if there's nothing to talk about, but given how quickly the thread exploded into tangential arguments, I'd say its just a matter of having something to talk about, rather than everyone being unwilling to talk about it.

Hope this helps and I'm sorry if its kind of preachy. 

11 hours ago, AnubiSs2167 said:

Ok, thats already more then i expected :smiley:

ps. (texture fix is made, will be published)

What is, uh, the texture fix fixing? I know its a silly question considering it's some sort of fix for the animobjs used in your animations, but either I haven't used enough different ones of yours to see a texture issue, or I've somehow missed/ignored the issues for other... reasons. 

Either way, glad to hear it.

19 minutes ago, Wildwinds said:

What is, uh, the texture fix fixing? I know its a silly question considering it's some sort of fix for the animobjs used in your animations, but either I haven't used enough different ones of yours to see a texture issue, or I've somehow missed/ignored the issues for other... reasons. 

Either way, glad to hear it.

Animobject meshes had texture depndecies on other mods like zaz , taras or even apocalypse spellpackage. If you had some of those mods installed then you prob did not seen any issues.

22 hours ago, AnubiSs2167 said:

I think one thing to keep in mind on these forums is that for better or for worse, unless someone is an active poster a huge portion of the users are gonna be lurkers who almost never post and or even read most of the support threads and instead rely on update notifications for stuff they follow.  

There are a few animation threads that have a fair amount of activity like Billyy's thread, but that is moreso because it contains ongoing discussion of which creatures may be worthy of getting more animations.  I do wish lurkers felt a bit more inclined to leave feedback when modders update their stuff. :classic_tongue: 

Obviously + for me, I've always enjoyed your animations and am not particularly bothered if you wish to keep your work private/for profit as long as LoversLab doesn't primarily turn into an advertising forum for Patreon campaigns.  

I'd also guess that the current method of moderation i.e. being rather generous with locking threads and silently deleting posts is also something that many people don't like and thus treat LL less like a community and more of a filehoster, hence the reduced activity. At least for me that's the case, I don't mind people disagreeing with me but currently on LL you have to tiptoe around so many thiings that it feels like a hassle and I find myself more often than not thinking that it's simply not worth it. That and many mod authors tend to condition their userbase to NOT provide any feedback whatsoever other than maybe bug reports. Especially making suggestions or requests is often seen as a big no-no and will often net you the ire of the author and not much else. So you end up just lurking and downloading. Grab what you want and move on - just like many people did with the nexus back then.

1 hour ago, Hinin said:

Are patrons still able to receive packs next month while the page is suspended? This is kinda important to know.

No, but they do not get charged for the month either. For now i just continue working like nothing happened.

Oooooh, new pack~ 

Time to test them out. Thank you, Anubis.

Also, will the discord be available to all users or just patrons? Not a huge issue either way, but since you mentioned it'll be (another place?) where you post updates, would be nice to know. Please and thanks!

1 minute ago, Wildwinds said:

Oooooh, new pack~ 

Time to test them out. Thank you, Anubis.

Also, will the discord be available to all users or just patrons? Not a huge issue either way, but since you mentioned it'll be (another place?) where you post updates, would be nice to know. Please and thanks!

Its opend for everyone, it has a patreon section for newest webms, thats it.

So this discord channel will it be posted or sent out to people. On a related note 6 of the people I sponsor on patreon have also had them do this suspend thing and one person found out it is a bot that is pinging phrases and certain "words" as well as pissy and/or jealous persons who want to screw things up for others. Now it seems even Steam is being pressured into this no adult crap as well. Sorry for going off track, I will still support your patreon if it comes back at least you are working consistently unlike a few other people I had pledged to. Thanks again for doing these animations keep up the good work sir.