OK That worked! Thanks! I tried unlock word first and that went through but I didn't learn the words in that process. So I then did teach word and now they're known and unlocked.

Congrats. And now you have also learned how to find a load order prefix and learn shouts via the console.

Yes! Thanks!

Hey, I just installed your mod and was messing around with it. Very interesting. I like the whole "start sex through dialogue" thing. One question though.

Is it possible for you to make the targeted NPC follow you to a private place for example, instead of just starting the animation right there and then? If you charm an NPC in the middle of a square he starts f*****g you immediately which is just awkward.....funny, but awkward.

if you did deep search only 1 page away page 94:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50483-sexlab-eager-npcs/page-94?do=findComment&comment=1637586

But in case of lazyness here is the quote:

As stated just about half a million times before: if that is what you want, then why are you using the SLEN dialogue, and not the SL Romance or puppet master dialogue, which are designed exactly with that purpose in mind? It boggles the mind why people keep coming here to ask me to change my mod into something it's not and make it work exactly like several other mods that, apparently, they have already installed.

This is NOT a "drag me along and use me like a sex toy" mod. It's a challenge. If you cannot figure out a way to get the NPC where you want them, then you failed the challenge. Try again or give up, those are the 2 options you have.

I see. Well, what a wasted potential in my opinion. The excuse he gave about this not being a  "drag me and use me like a sex toy" mod, and that he wants it to be a challenge is BS.

You can charm an NPC to have sex with you but can't ask them to walk to your house or somewhere else before doing it. Seems like it should be a natural addition to this mod. I like the dialogues here better than in other mods but it's missing a key feature that would make it great.

I guess it's not a mod for me. Shame.

mean-on-internet1.jpg

Shame.

mean-on-internet1.jpg

mean means - bad? this is madness...

================================

how to verify that the actor is already playing an animation and/or excited? (In the scripts ...)

1. NPC.HasKeyWordString("SexLabActive") 

or

2. NPC.IsInFaction(SexLab.AnimatingFaction)

???

Oh man that gif is funny.

Odd how he says exactly the same thing that everyone else who wanted the feature said when they found out free means you get no say in how something is developed.

Just because I can kill the Dark Brotherhood kill quest target doesn't mean I get away, need sneak skills, and need to sneak in the right place to do it.

Different folks like different things for different reasons of course, but the thing that I like about the "no follow me option" is that it highlights that Skyrim is a different place, with different "rules," aside from dragons and magic.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing SLEN, it's been a favorite SL mod since I started using the first version.

This is my first playthrough using SLEN, and I like the mod a lot.  However, I have a question.  I've been periodically checking my PC's stats on the SLEN MCM page, and the "SLEN Relationship increases" count is stuck at 15.  Since I noticed it yesterday I've used the SLEN charm dialogue on 3 more named NPCs, one of which I'd previously charmed and two of which I hadn't, and afterwards that count in the MCM page is still 15.  Don't I have to get that count higher to start this mod's Dibella quest, and how can I do that if it is not advancing properly?  Thanks.

This is my first playthrough using SLEN, and I like the mod a lot.  However, I have a question.  I've been periodically checking my PC's stats on the SLEN MCM page, and the "SLEN Relationship increases" count is stuck at 15.  Since I noticed it yesterday I've used the SLEN charm dialogue on 3 more named NPCs, one of which I'd previously charmed and two of which I hadn't, and afterwards that count in the MCM page is still 15.  Don't I have to get that count higher to start this mod's Dibella quest, and how can I do that if it is not advancing properly?  Thanks.

In my games, I have not seen the relationship fail to increment when SLEN showed the notification.  Did you actually see/hear the notification on those 3 you mentioned?  Remember that the relationship increase is not automatic, even when set to "novice".   And (If I remember correctly) the increases gets more difficult as the relationship with a specific NPC increase (0->1 easier, 3->4 (max) more difficult). 

how to verify that the actor is already playing an animation and/or excited? (In the scripts ...)

1. NPC.HasKeyWordString("SexLabActive") 

or

2. NPC.IsInFaction(SexLab.AnimatingFaction)

???

Checking the membership of the SL animating faction is the recommended way AFAIK.

There is only a chance that the relationship increases each time you have sex with an NPC, it is not guaranteed. There are only 4 levels and NPCs often start at level 1 or 3 already, so this is a way to temper the speed of progress a bit without inventing a new type of relationship ranking with more levels.

In general, the 'nicer' the type of sex you request is to the NPC, the bigger the chance that you will get a relationship increase. So for example, giving them oral sex gives you a better chance than asking them to please you orally. Choosing the "Whatever you desire" option gives you the largest chance. There is also a difficulty setting for it on the Advanced page of the MCM menu, "Relationship increase difficulty". Setting this to Apprentice or Novice increases the chance that it happens. Orgies are also a good way, they don't have the biggest chance per NPC, but since they involve a lot of NPCs the chance that you get 1 or 2 increases is considerable.

Whenever you do get an increase, you will hear trumpets play and get a message in the top left corner telling you the new relationship rank of the NPC.

In my games, I have not seen the relationship fail to increment when SLEN showed the notification.  Did you actually see/hear the notification on those 3 you mentioned?  Remember that the relationship increase is not automatic, even when set to "novice".   And (If I remember correctly) the increases gets more difficult as the relationship with a specific NPC increase (0->1 easier, 3->4 (max) more difficult). 

That's correct, it's similar to level progression, the higher the rank already is the more effort it costs to increase it. At novice difficulty, the chance when choosing "Whatever you desire" is well over 100 for going from 0->1, but just below 50% when going from 3->4.

Different folks like different things for different reasons of course, but the thing that I like about the "no follow me option" is that it highlights that Skyrim is a different place, with different "rules," aside from dragons and magic.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing SLEN, it's been a favorite SL mod since I started using the first version.

You're welcome. :)

People have been spoiled with carebear mods, that's all there is to it really :D Followers were intended to be something special. In vanilla skyrim, you can save people's lives and they won't follow you, you can adopt them and let them live in your home and they won't follow you, you can give a beggar all your riches and they won't follow you, you can marry someone, of all things, and they still won't follow you. You can also, accidentally, kill several of the few that do want to follow you, leaving even less potential followers.

I don't care to change that, I think there are very good reasons for that design, and I don't write sandbox tools but mods that are meant to be used during game play without unbalancing it. For every soul asking for follower functionality there is another who complains the bribe prices are too low. Both of them run around with 3+ followers with 1000 plus carry capacity, instead of the intended 1 follower who has at most 250 capacity left after donning their own gear. Go figure.

People have been spoiled with carebear mods, that's all there is to it really :D Followers were intended to be something special. In vanilla skyrim, you can save people's lives and they won't follow you, you can adopt them and let them live in your home and they won't follow you, you can give a beggar all your riches and they won't follow you, you can marry someone, of all things, and they still won't follow you. You can also, accidentally, kill several of the few that do want to follow you, leaving even less potential followers.

I don't care to change that, I think there are very good reasons for that design, and I don't write sandbox tools but mods that are meant to be used during game play without unbalancing it. For every soul asking for follower functionality there is another who complains the bribe prices are too low. Both of them run around with 3+ followers with 1000 plus carry capacity, instead of the intended 1 follower who has at most 250 capacity left after donning their own gear. Go figure.

I'm a little confused on what you are describing in the quoted statement.  When people were asking for a "follow me" option, I assumed people were asking for a "Follow me temporarily for sex then bugger off".  Were people actually asking to turn general people into followers just for having sex?  I'm beginning to think there has been some confusion on what people wanted...

I'm a little confused on what you are describing in the quoted statement.  When people were asking for a "follow me" option, I assumed people were asking for a "Follow me temporarily for sex then bugger off".  Were people actually asking to turn general people into followers just for having sex?  I'm beginning to think there has been some confusion on what people wanted...

There is no confusion. When you have to pickpocket someone for the thieves guild, there is no option to get them to follow you to a dark corner either. It doesn't matter how long or how far, it's just part of the challenge in Skyrim that people don't just hobble after someone sporting full armor and daedric weapons just because they have a friendly smile. If you want to have sex with people in a specific place, then it's up to you to stalk them until they are there, just as when you want to pick someone's pockets or slit their throat in a specific place. It's just as much part of the challenge as getting your speech skill or your intended target's arousal up.

I don't pick your targets for you, if you don't have the patience or will you can move your efforts to an NPC who will follow you. You can also install a variety of mods that allow you to make people follow you, at a range of immersion levels, some have been mentioned elsewhere in the thread. It's just not part of the SLEN charming game.

Thanks very much for the responses.  I guess the fact that I'd already improved my relationship rank with a lot of the NPCs by doing quests for them or investing in their businesses is hampering my SLEN efforts undecided.gif   My PC will have to try harder.

It's a trade-off really. A higher relationship makes it easier to charm them in the first place, but reduces the chance of a further relationship increase.

There is no confusion. When you have to pickpocket someone for the thieves guild, there is no option to get them to follow you to a dark corner either. It doesn't matter how long or how far, it's just part of the challenge in Skyrim that people don't just hobble after someone sporting full armor and daedric weapons just because they have a friendly smile. If you want to have sex with people in a specific place, then it's up to you to stalk them until they are there, just as when you want to pick someone's pockets or slit their throat in a specific place. It's just as much part of the challenge as getting your speech skill or your intended target's arousal up.

I don't pick your targets for you, if you don't have the patience or will you can move your efforts to an NPC who will follow you. You can also install a variety of mods that allow you to make people follow you, at a range of immersion levels, some have been mentioned elsewhere in the thread. It's just not part of the SLEN charming game.

Dude, I'm not saying you're wrong or right in your reasons for not including a "follow me" option in your mod.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would prefer that option be available, but it's not.  Fine.  Especially with mods like Simply Knock I can do it privately in their home.  Or I'll bugger them in middle of street.  Doesn't matter to me.  But there is a huge difference between what I quoted you talking about (making someone into a follower) and having someone who has agreed to sex with you to TEMPORARILY follow you to a more private area (behind a house, alleyway, etc).  There really is a big difference between the 2:  turning them into a follower (your quote) vs ducking into an alley for a quickie.  THAT is where the confusion I was talking about was.

And to be clear:

Asking someone to follow you so you can pickpocket them:  Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at and frankly is a silly comparison.

Asking someone who has agreed to have sex with to go into a side street to blow you:  Uhhmm, makes absolute sense.

And finally (again), the fact you don't want it in your mod - NO PROBLEM.  I can and will l live with it.  I enjoy the mod (especially the sex for training portion) will continue to use it, gratefully acknowledging your wonderful mod and defending unto death you choice to not include a "follow me" (as I have already done NUMEROUS times). 

(Actually just realized I never 'liked' the mod, so I just did.)

I think SLEN is the best of the dialog based mods around.  Training and cultivating relationships with specific characters.  Also - I made a bat file called orgy (and orgya) that basically kill a dragon - player.modav dragonsouls 1 (and -1 respectively) that triggers a SLEN dragon orgy wherever/whenever I want... the relationship increases from an inn orgy make you instantly eligible for thane... so in my mind - SLEN is a must have mod. 

Still, there are times I really wish I could use SLEN and still invite someone to follow me behind the store or down the dark ally for their romp... (that thug who meets you when you walk into Riften is on fella I want to use a private SLEN deal on) - but that - I suppose is more of a prostitution thing and I have that option.

Hi Beamer,

thank You for this wonderful mod.

I play SLEN since the first version and it´s getting better and better  :) 

"Dibellas Refugee" is a real cool quest, I love it and even started a new game to do it again (want to take advantage of Dibellas Bow as low level as possible)

Just a thought of mine:

Since there are so many complaints about a missing "Follow Me Option" (not from me, I like to bang the chicks in front of the husband/father/yarls throne :P ), perhaps You could add some little "jealousy feature" instead  -  nothing fancy, maybe just a brawl between PC and betrayed NPC, with win/loose relationshiprank for banged NPC as result.

Thanks to the relationship-system of base game, PC can screw wifes/husbands in plain view of their husbands/wifes without any reactions of the NPCs :dodgy:

I think I read multiple times it´s hard/impossible to get the relations between NPCs recognized by scripts, so perhaps it would be easier to do it just for vanilla NPC-couples (Hod/Gerdur, Alvor/Sigrid, Keraavah/TalenJay, ...)

What do You think about this?

I was wondering, and couldn't find a definitive answer (not to say there isn't one and I just missed it) but is it possible that the "whatever you want" option results in a threesome if there's another npc of appropriate relationship rank handy?

Just curious, thanks.

I was wondering, and couldn't find a definitive answer (not to say there isn't one and I just missed it) but is it possible that the "whatever you want" option results in a threesome if there's another npc of appropriate relationship rank handy?

Just curious, thanks.

I don't think you've missed it, or I have as well, but I do not think that is a current option.

Currently if you have someone sufficiently friendly, you can ask them to join a three way. So while you have to one-on-one them to make them feel special, you later can start a three way like you want.

I suppose at a high enough arousal level, a "you look horny, want to bang both me and a friend" option would make sense. I think something like that is planned for the next version, tied to dragon kills / soul absorbs.

Thanks. I was just wondering (since I only kinda-sorta understood the explanation of how what npcs desire is selected - partly at least by previous experiences if I understood even as well as I thought). I was just curious, it's not at all a big deal. I invent little backstory-ish preferences and whatnot for npcs who are more or less important to a given playthrough. So, it's not even a request, just a question from someone who doesn't know enough about coding/modding to figure it out.

Thanks. I was just wondering (since I only kinda-sorta understood the explanation of how what npcs desire is selected - partly at least by previous experiences if I understood even as well as I thought). I was just curious, it's not at all a big deal. I invent little backstory-ish preferences and whatnot for npcs who are more or less important to a given playthrough. So, it's not even a request, just a question from someone who doesn't know enough about coding/modding to figure it out.

Well, Beamer will be able to say how he did it, but Sexlab has (outside of SLEN) an option to randomly assign sexual history to any NPC you meet. Straight/gay, 1 partner or 15, basically everything on your Sex Diary page of the Sexlab MCM. I think SLEN reads that and picks animations based on what is most common.

It's not a gif but simply a picture. I never tried to make him do it. I expressed my opinion on what I would like to see added since I already liked the mod.

You and him simply went out of your way to be a**holes. You made no valid points, at least regarding me.

Hate to tell you, but a gif IS a picture.  Not all gifs are animated, they can be static images as well, same as jpg, jpeg, png, etc.  Here a link for more info:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_file_formats .

I asked if you would implement a feature. You obviously won't.  And that's fine.  I never ranted nor did I try to force you to do it. I simply expressed my opinion and was not whiny in any way. As a mod creator you can naturally do what you want. My argument still stands, and seeing as how you didn't address it but instead tried to make fun of me, only serves to show your own level of maturity.

"I never ranted" - really, then what is this:

I see. Well, what a wasted potential in my opinion. The excuse he gave about this not being a  "drag me and use me like a sex toy" mod, and that he wants it to be a challenge is BS.

Well, I'd consider that a rant (well, a little one anyway).

Well, since you "... guess it's not a mod for me. Shame.", then maybe it's time for you to move on...

You can charm an NPC to have sex with you but can't ask them to walk to your house or somewhere else before doing it. Seems like it should be a natural addition to this mod. I like the dialogues here better than in other mods but it's missing a key feature that would make it great.

I guess it's not a mod for me. Shame.

It's not a gif but simply a picture. I never tried to make him do it. I expressed my opinion on what I would like to see added since I already liked the mod.

You and him simply went out of your way to be a**holes. You made no valid points, at least regarding me.

"the excuse he gave... is BS"

"seems like it should be a natural addition"

"its missing a key feature ..."

Those are a bit more than "expressed my opinion" and you were the moron not able to read enough of the thread to find out that what you wanted has been asked for, refuted and re-asked for so many times we really do not need to make any valid points. They've already been made.

You asked, were told no, and then crapped out what you call mere opinion. Yeah, you're gonna called out. You then start wining about that. I'd say that JPEG was accurate. Even more funny now since it directly applies to you.