The 10 of you who downloaded SLATE and others who are interested, please see here for the official release. If you have support questions or suggestions about SLATE post them there.

Note that I won't further develop the tag editor in SLEN, those who want more powerful options can get SLATE.

Is there any way to use the animation tag editor by itself? Or would you consider releasing that as a standalone mod since it's such a useful and unique tool?

The reason I'm asking is because I don't use Aroused or any mods that utilize it, and I don't want to install it and have it in my current savegame.

Since SLEN starts out with every option unchecked, would it work without Aroused? What I mean is removing the Aroused esm from the SLEN masters list using TES5Edit, and then only using the animation editor within SLEN and leaving everything else disabled. Would that work and be safe? Would it even load?

I present to you: SLATE (SexLab Animation Tag Editor). Can you tell I'm having endless fun with these SL* acronyms? :D

(see official SLATE release/support thread here)

It's basically the SLEN Tag editor tab with some additional tags added in for the default sets. Requirements are updated Skyrim and SexLab. Install as normal, wait for the MCM menu to register and look for the SLATE menu. The custom animation file is installed here: Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\SLATE\SLATE_Custom_AnimSets.json. Read the text file in the same folder before asking support questions.

I'll turn this into a proper release at some point, until that time ask here if you have support questions, and make sure you mention it's about SLATE, not about SLEN.

** hands a trophy of a mouse triumphantly holding aloft a fork to anony_mouse **

Well, I suppose it isn't exactly a fork you've done, and I have no idea how long you worked on the idea as standalone before 'mouse's post, but the image exploded in my mind and I had to share.

** hands a trophy of a mouse triumphantly holding aloft a fork to anony_mouse **

Well, I suppose it isn't exactly a fork you've done, and I have no idea how long you worked on the idea as standalone before 'mouse's post, but the image exploded in my mind and I had to share.

Yeah he deserves that one, here you go:

7201d59c16b7ecb25a8149bb84ae52b3.jpg

It didn't actually even occur to me to release it separately before anony_mouse mentioned it. It was structured well enough that I could just delete everything outside the If (Page == "Tag Editor") / EndIf blocks and hang it on a new quest. Making the first release took me about half an hour, 2 hours more to add the additional features and json storage for today's release.

I spent almost as much on making the logo and release post, I'm faster with code than with photoshop and documentation ;)

For some reason I have yet to determine after a few uses of the sex for skill training ...both the buy skill and sex for skill quit working.  even days later and with a different trainer.   They (Trainers) still took the sex and coin but no skill advancement in return.   I decided to uninstall after this problem happened on 2 playthroughs.  Started one without and vanilla training is working fine.    I am wondering if this is a known issue with a mod conflict or anyone knows of a solution.  I love the mod otherwise.

You sure you weren't horny from SLA? By default the debuffs/buffs are on based on your arousal which if your horny slow down skill learning.

That should not affect paying for skill advancement.....the coin gets exchanged but no skill is given in return.  The counter displays 0/5 and you buy all 5 it shows 5/5 for this lvl but the skill stays at its previous lvl. 

If being aroused makes skill purchases wasted then I will have to consider turning off that feature.  I was only aware that it applied a -5% at most distracted.  Thats a counter to XP gained towards skill advancement.  Should have no effect on paying for training.  Training advances the skill by 1 regardless to xp needed for next lvl.

Hello!

About the animation tag editor. I dont suppose its possible to use the editor to add tags for the solo/masturbation animations? I could not find an option to bring those animations up.

Trying to get some solo animations to work but they are missing tags to activate so i wonder if its possible by using the animation tag editor to fix that?

You sure you weren't horny from SLA? By default the debuffs/buffs are on based on your arousal which if your horny slow down skill learning.

That should not affect paying for skill advancement.....the coin gets exchanged but no skill is given in return.  The counter displays 0/5 and you buy all 5 it shows 5/5 for this lvl but the skill stays at its previous lvl. 

If being aroused makes skill purchases wasted then I will have to consider turning off that feature.  I was only aware that it applied a -5% at most distracted.  Thats a counter to XP gained towards skill advancement.  Should have no effect on paying for training.  Training advances the skill by 1 regardless to xp needed for next lvl.

SLEN and the vanilla training quest each use their own script to assign the XP. Therefor, if your skills do not increase with either of them, you have probably installed something that fundamentally messes with the way you earn XP, like a game mechanics overhaul mod or some such.

Hello!

About the animation tag editor. I dont suppose its possible to use the editor to add tags for the solo/masturbation animations? I could not find an option to bring those animations up.

Trying to get some solo animations to work but they are missing tags to activate so i wonder if its possible by using the animation tag editor to fix that?

Download the custom animation sets file and read the instructions that come with it. It's very easy to create your own animation sets.

With my recent release of SexLab Animation Tag Editor, I have decided to discontinue the animation tag editor functionality in SLEN. As of next version, this MCM page will be removed. Please download SLATE if you need this functionality.

My reasons for doing this are because the animation tag editing is not related to SLA and therefor doesn't really 'belong' in SLEN. Most of all though, it is to save myself a lot of support headaches. Thanks for your understanding.

Beamer - I support your idea for removing "Tagging" section from the mod and making a new mod. :)

BTW - all compliments for very understandable description in your OP. :)

Beamer - I support your idea for removing "Tagging" section from the mod and making a new mod. :)

Thanks. Like most coders I hate writing documentation, I suspect most of them (us) have a tendency to think "I included the source, can't you just read that?" :D  Of course that doesn't really work when you're not a coder yourself  :-/  With the 1 year anniversary coming up though I figured it was about time I updated it, a lot has been added over the past year.

Thanks. Like most coders I hate writing documentation, I suspect most of them (us) have a tendency to think "I included the source, can't you just read that?" :D  Of course that doesn't really work when you're not a coder yourself  :-/  With the 1 year anniversary coming up though I figured it was about time I updated it, a lot has been added over the past year.

Oh yes, and all the changes you did were excellent. I red your announcement for the new upgrade ... Awesome stuff ... Can't wait to play it. :)

So next version of SLEN will require a clean save?

No, why?

Just curious and I'm sure someone would've asked and probably will ask when the new version is released.

Ever since the first version 1 year ago, SLEN has never needed a clean save, and it is my policy that it never will. There rarely is a technical need for it during mod upgrades provided the scripter knows what he's doing and willing to make the effort. Only after removing scripted mods it is sometimes unavoidable.

I'd hate to lose all my collected lovers and have to start over, in some of my savegames I have dozens of them ;)

Ive never used this mod what exactly are the custom animation sets download do?

You don't need it, it will be removed with next release. If you need this functionality you can now get it as a separate mod, look here.

Every time I try to download the latest version I get this error. This is the only file on the site that gives it too.

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\4uS1_nFv.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Every time I try to download the latest version I get this error. This is the only file on the site that gives it too.

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\4uS1_nFv.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Loverslab has been offline completely for me the past 10 hours or so, throwing database errors all around, I think there were some problems today. All seems fine again now though, so give it another try.

hi BeamerMiasma can you tell me which tags are checked for when you request a threesome through SLEN dialogue option? Are the same tags checked when a threesome is started through pleasant surprise/dungeon clear? I'm seeing a limited number of animations if I use SL Tools' H key to get the list of animations I can switch to in 3 ways, maybe 11 or 12 out of 20+ 3p animations

hi BeamerMiasma can you tell me which tags are checked for when you request a threesome through SLEN dialogue option? Are the same tags checked when a threesome is started through pleasant surprise/dungeon clear? I'm seeing a limited number of animations if I use SL Tools' H key to get the list of animations I can switch to in 3 ways, maybe 11 or 12 out of 20+ 3p animations

The answer to "are the same tags checked as when ..." questions is almost unanimously no. Almost every situation uses its own set of tags, and they vary depending on the group you are in. 12 out of 20 sounds perfect, not all animations are supposed to be available behind each choice.

So, I keep coming up with these ideas that mean more work for people, but this one might be simpler...

Since we can ask to feed on our friends if a vampire, how about offering to feed a vampire NPC for an increased chance of rep increase or some other benefit?

There aren't as many of them, so it won't see as much use, I understand, but maybe needing to feed a vamp 3-4 times before achieving lover status with them, and then being able to get something else by love feeding them after that? Primarily thinking Serana, Hert and Hern, Sybelle, and any follower/housecarl you might get changed (in a fight with a vampire, say) but you don't change yourself.

Are there mods that add extra vampires to the world? (Would rather have extra werewolves, but eh.)

I was working on the NPC choice sex option to make it a bit more varied and I realized it would be fairly easy to make sure that vampire NPCs would choose a vampire animation. However I found that most of the vampire animations are so poorly tagged that it is unlikely they will ever be found by any mod that employs tag searches. Heck, most of them don't even have the "Vampire" tag. This is mostly because the majority of them are from FB, and the FB anims tend to be tagged very bad and inconsistent.

These are the ones I could find:

• FunnyBizness Coffin Fuck - misses Vampire tag (this was the only vamp related non-feeding anim I could find, but there might be a few more coffin-furniture ones around).
  • FunnyBizness Molag Snuff Vamp - misses Vampire,Feeding tags. Probably should be tagged Anal instead of Vaginal.
  • FunnyBizness Necro Vampire Male - misses Vampire,Feeding tags.
  • FunnyBizness Vampire aggressive Cowgirl - misses Vampire,Feeding tags.
  • Xandero Vampire Feeding - misses Vampire tag, depending on source may miss Feeding tag too.
  • FunnyBizness Vampire Feed Female - misses Feeding tag. Also misses FemDom tag (to indicate this is meant for a fem vamp with male thrall, as done in the "FunnyBizness Vampire aggressive Cowgirl" animation).
  • FunnyBizness Vampire Feed Male - misses Feeding tag. Probably should be tagged Anal instead of Vaginal.
  • FunnyBizness Necro Vampire Doggy - Mostly OK, but probably should be tagged Anal instead of Vaginal.

If you know if any more vamp anims, let me know. I could use a few more for testing but I suspect this is all there is.

So this means that although the upcoming version will have some added vampire functionality, you should not expect this to work properly or at all unless you do some tag editing yourself (I'll provide instructions for doing this with SLATE in the release notes). If you're a vamp fan, go complain to the SLAL package builders about the lack of proper tagging, or better yet, create and upload a SLAL package yourself with these 8 vamp anims and any others you can find. My suggestions for tags, based on what I've seen used in these anims:

• "Vampire" - should be included in ALL animations that involve vampires or vampire parafernalia like coffins.
  • "Feeding" - should be included in vampire animations that involve biting/feeding, but not in those that just involve sex in a coffin or with other vamp related props.
  • "FemDom" - should be included in vampire animations meant for a female vampire on either a male or female thrall. Perhaps there is a better option for this, but this is what is used in one of the two such anims I could find. In any case there has to be some way to distinguish between (sexual) anims meant for a male vampire and those meant for a female vampire.