Also, a request:  Is it at all possible to exclude actors in combat? 

At least the target scanner of this mod originally excluded the target actor in combat, well, more exactly speaking, the target drawing the weapon/ spell on her/his hand. 

Please also check the conditionals shown by Dooge from the following post:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47307-sexlife/page-32#entry1240665 

I also remember that my PC had been treated as 'excluded' several times by SLSL scanner when she/he tried to cast a buff (even non-hostile) spell in the city.  

I'm not sure, however, whether the scanner conditionals have been changed somewhat since then...

[edit]: You are right. I have confirmed that the latest build (1.3.5) doesn't excluded the actor drawing the weapon/spell in one's hands.

Perhaps another possibility is to add a check of not running the mod if you character is in combat state (the state where combat music plays and saving is not possible)

Thank you for this great mod. When I saw your first version, I thought, great---this is the mod I've been hoping for. Have updated every time you've published a new version and it keeps getting closer to my hopes for this mod ("spontaneous" coupling in more or less secluded locations, i.e. bedrooms, empty rooms, under a bush, etc. without my involvement in setting it up) to be a voyeur's delight.

Your latest version 1.35 never appears in MCM. Installed with clean save multiple times without getting it to appear. Waited 10 minutes last time (made myself something to eat while waiting). Have tried now with 2 new games as well. Maybe there is a load order problem, but I have experimented with that also. All the previous versions showed up in MCM, but no luck with v1.35. If no one else is experiencing this problem, then I'm sorry to trouble you and will install previous version. If others have had this problem and there is a solution please let me know.

I played for about 3 hours in Whiterun with the debug to screen on. I set the arousal to 20 and the scan interval to 20 as well. Most of the time the mod was not able to match anyone up, usually they already had a spouse, which makes sense, or their arousal was too low. I saw some dialogue, but only 1 matchup during this time. Perhaps I should use someone else preset in this thread.

I use:

Populated Cities Towns Villages by RS

Populated Lands Roads Paths by RS

Horses on Patrol by jayr848

does anyone have a preset for those?

Also, I'm a little confused about the overwrite to Sexlab, does this overwrite SL for all mods over just your own?

Lastly it seems like a lot of people are reporting weirdness with the 'You' thing and I have actually run into this invisible thing (had to walk around it), how is this mod on a full playthrough?

Populated Cities Towns Villages by RS

Populated Lands Roads Paths by RS

Horses on Patrol by jayr848

does anyone have a preset for those?

Also, I'm a little confused about the overwrite to Sexlab, does this overwrite SL for all mods over just your own?

1. Sorry, currently I don't have NPC presets for any of these 'populating' mods.

And I have a personal impression that such sort of populating mods is in principle not so favorable to SLSL's system. 

Contrary to the general assumption about the random sex mod, 

In SLSL's selecting mechanism, the more NPCs are in the cell, the less likely lead the selected actors (a1/a2)

to the successful sexual act due to the attribution mismatch, such as 'faithful' trait.

Thus, the best test cell is only populated by the married spouse/lovers (and PC):

To give an example, Warmaiden's  in Whiterun from 5/6 pm to 8 pm. 

There are only Ulfberth War-Bear and Adrian (spouse) in the shop, and with high arousal, 

they would not hesitate to confirm their love also by the act.

2. As far as I know, SLSL (Sexlife) itself doesn't overwrite any of the files of the main Sexlab Framework, and vise versa. 

Is my understanding correct?

I've never seen npc's having sex with this mod enabled. At least with sexlab romance it was a pretty common occurance.

Sorry, friend, but what you said is just "It doesn't work, screw this". Do you need help with this? If yes, give us some more info. Do you get any messages, CTDs, game freezes, anything? Do you have the SLSL MCM menu? Have you set up anything in it? Do you use the .json presets for NPCs? I'm not a modder, but I've been modding my games since Morrowind. Usually I don't have much trouble with solving game issues by myself, if I do, I ask for help giving as much data as possible.

And your "at least" - SL Romance triggers sex through dialogue. What is there to compare it with SexLife?

P.S.: Ignore this post if what you wrote is just a short critic's review of your experience. ;-) But if so, could you elaborate?

I've never seen npc's having sex with this mod enabled. At least with sexlab romance it was a pretty common occurance.

Sorry, friend, but what you said is just "It doesn't work, screw this". Do you need help with this? If yes, give us some more info. Do you get any messages, CTDs, game freezes, anything? Do you have the SLSL MCM menu? Have you set up anything in it? Do you use the .json presets for NPCs? I'm not a modder, but I've been modding my games since Morrowind. Usually I don't have much trouble with solving game issues by myself, if I do, I ask for help giving as much data as possible.

And your "at least" - SL Romance triggers sex through dialogue. What is there to compare it with SexLife?

P.S.: Ignore this post if what you wrote is just a short critic's review of your experience. ;-) But if so, could you elaborate?

Everything is working, I get dailogues of people talking about sex but nothing ever actually happens. Guess what? I'm not new to modding either, and frankly I don't give a shit about your opinions. So if you want to be a douche, keep it to yourself. Lovers comfort is what I used to use that had sex between NPC's, not Romance. Got them mixed up.

No, I'm not using .json presets, and yes I have changed settings in the MCM. I changed arousel to 30 from 40 to try and get sex between NPC's to start happening, nope. I have all the fetishes turned on, and that's all I have changed.

I'm not asking for help, if I were I would have stated such. Shit don't work. If a mod requires tweaking after download in order to work as intended, shit don't work. Period, ethier that or it's a conflict. In both cases I'm not going to use the mod, I will go back to what I know actually works.

Just because you don't understand what a mod does doesn't mean that it doesn't work. This mod works just fine without tweaking, if you know what it actually does. Sex isn't a given; in fact, it's meant to be a relatively infrequent occurrence. It does happen though if you're patient.

My favorite moment so far, courtesy of this mod, was watching Heimskr rape Danica under the burnt Gildergreen. He never quit giving his sermon, so the whole time he's getting busy he's yelling about "writhing in the filth of our own excrement" or whatever he says. Quite the spectacle.

Everything is working, I get dailogues of people talking about sex but nothing ever actually happens. Guess what? I'm not new to modding either, and frankly I don't give a shit about your opinions. So if you want to be a douche, keep it to yourself. Lovers comfort is what I used to use that had sex between NPC's, not Romance. Got them mixed up.

No, I'm not using .json presets, and yes I have changed settings in the MCM. I changed arousel to 30 from 40 to try and get sex between NPC's to start happening, nope. I have all the fetishes turned on, and that's all I have changed.

I'm not asking for help, if I were I would have stated such. Shit don't work. If a mod requires tweaking after download in order to work as intended, shit don't work. Period, ethier that or it's a conflict. In both cases I'm not going to use the mod, I will go back to what I know actually works.

Maybe before you downloading the mod, you should read the readme file or whatever.

It's working, just not the way you want, it's very slow updating and sex have a very low chance to happen, NPC will chat about sex but only having it when the traits match and arousel is high enough, and remember this mod only match one pair of NPC at time, so even 2 npc in the cell are perfect for each other, they won't start sex unless the mod make their turn.

I think you are looking at a wrong mod, random sex or other mod may fits better for you, if you really need to see it "working" as the way you want, tweak it yourself, it's not the mod not working, it's your problem . 

Ignore him iacex111, some people are just really rude about things :/

Dooge where are you? Wuf wuf - did you left your pack behind for good?

I miss you.

dog-in-bush.jpg

Probably stuck somewhere lol

HI i have a strange problem an invisible npc name you no joke pops up whenever I fast travel or going to a building

whenever I have this mod installed what'Sup with that?

You is an NPC created by this mod for the purpose of allowing the player to take part in the witty banter. You had some well-documented problems, but is necessary for the current implementation as far as making the PC part of the fun.

HI i have a strange problem an invisible npc name you no joke pops up whenever I fast travel or going to a building

whenever I have this mod installed what'Sup with that?

You is an NPC created by this mod for the purpose of allowing the player to take part in the witty banter. You had some well-documented problems, but is necessary for the current implementation as far as making the PC part of the fun.

oh k thks 

No, I'm not using .json presets, and yes I have changed settings in the MCM. I changed arousel to 30 from 40 to try and get sex between NPC's to start happening, nope.

Arousal needs to be adjusted down, not up, for more interactions. Not that you were asking for help, but there it is.

On topic - 

I like the idea of this mod, and it works pretty well as is, thanks.

I will add my voice to having YOU cleaned up a bit though.

Couple of suggestions -

Have the mod startup on new games or new installations disabled, so if say you start with Alternate start, the mod doesn't pair you up with a nearby ghost, leaving YOU standing around talking to you while you are setting up mod options. :o

Add a function, automatic or manual to remove YOU. YOU gets created whenever the PC is selected, regardless of if anything happens, like arousal too low, or gender mismatch, etc. Might be a little more difficult, but creating YOU after a bonafide interaction will take place, then removing YOU after it's over would be nice, the latter may be more important. edit - YOU is even created when the PC is excluded :(

Add locations to where the mod will automatically start pairing npcs up, like taverns, cities, etc., since the direction of this mod lends itself to being used where everyone is friendly and just hanging around. I currently only enable it when I get to an Inn, but then goddamn YOU shows up and spoils my party. :)

Thanks for creating it, entertaining.

I changed arousel to 30 from 40

Arousal needs to be adjusted down, not up, for more interactions. Not that you were asking for help, but there it is.

Considering going to 30 from 40 is in fact adjusting it down, I don't see how that would help in any way.

I changed arousel to 30 from 40

Considering going to 30 from 40 is in fact adjusting it down, I don't see how that would help in any way.

You are correct, my reading comprehension needs some work I guess. Thanks for policing that.

I having a bit of a problem on a new install of Skyrim. It's not showing up in my MCM menu at all. Not even with the reset option MCM menu option. Know of what I can do to troubleshoot this problem?

The initializing process of SLSL (Sexlife) is a bit heavy.

#Have you checked/ followed the notice on 'Installation on a new game'?

For my case, even if I followed the notice above, it usually took 3 to 5 minutes 

for MCM menu to show up at the first time (as for SLSL 1.3.4).

And it is important NOT to touch/ tweak ANYTHING on MCM menu (especially hot-key setting) during this process.

The length of this initializing process is largely determined by the performance of your system

(Mine is fairly weak PC, though). 

The following two measures can be helpful to you, however: 

1. Updating SkyUI to the latest ver, at least 5.0+,
  2. Jaxonz MCM Kicker: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57795/

Also, if not 'officially' recommended, with Sexlab 1.60+ & SkyUI 5.0+,

I assume that now you can start a new game (even from Helgen directly) with SLSL installed,

almost without any trouble of MCM registration. 

I have tested Sexlab 1.60 (hotfix1), SkyUI 5.1, and SLSL 1.3.5 (together with 80+ mods installed),

and started a new game (default Helgen Cart start),

and in 5/5 times MCM menu of SLSL appeared normally during the first cart scene.

I having a bit of a problem on a new install of Skyrim. It's not showing up in my MCM menu at all. Not even with the reset option MCM menu option. Know of what I can do to troubleshoot this problem?

The initializing process of SLSL (Sexlife) is a bit heavy.

#Have you checked/ followed the notice on 'Installation on a new game'?

For my case, even if I followed the notice above, it usually took 3 to 5 minutes 

for MCM menu to show up at the first time (as for SLSL 1.3.4).

And it is important NOT to touch/ tweak ANYTHING on MCM menu (especially hot-key setting) during this process.

The length of this initializing process is largely determined by the performance of your system

(Mine is fairly weak PC, though). 

The following two measures can be helpful to you, however: 

1. Updating SkyUI to the latest ver, at least 5.0+,
  2. Jaxonz MCM Kicker: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57795/

Also, if not 'officially' recommended, with Sexlab 1.60+ & SkyUI 5.0+,

I assume that now you can start a new game (even from Helgen directly) with SLSL installed,

almost without any trouble of MCM registration. 

I have tested Sexlab 1.60 (hotfix1), SkyUI 5.1, and SLSL 1.3.5 (together with 80+ mods installed),

and started a new game (default Helgen Cart start),

and in 5/5 times MCM menu of SLSL appeared normally during the first cart scene.

I'll try that thanks. Oddly though, 1.3.4 works perfectly for me, as it loads it nearly instantly. 

EDIT: Unfortunately, it didn't work, and version 1.3.5 still refuses to show up on my MCM.

To anybody having problems with SLSL 1.3.5:

You of course you know that the download contains an .esp only, don't you? You still need the full 1.3.4 package and then you have to replace the .esp. I'm sorry if my advice sounds stupid, but in fact I have made similar mistake with a Fallout 3 mod some time ago (while installing it with a mod manager, BTW), so it occurred to me maybe this is a similar case. Well, you know, nobody's perfect and it's quite easy to forget the most obvious things. :blush: