Am I able to configure NPC settings with the Familiar Faces mod?

I am not too familiar with this mod  ;)  (pun intended), but the general rule goes like this: you configure any NPC from any mod as long as you know their refid number. I'm talking here about the presets made externally into the .json files. Just follow the instructions given in the thread (repeated by @y_sengaku few posts ago).

I case of FF mod, I think, you will have to set up every actor manually in-game, because they in fact do not exist in the mod itself until you import them. But as I said, I don't know this mod well.

it would be possible to add this?
female rappers will use only cowgirl or standing oral or handjob animations.
and for lesbian will use tribadism animation.

I think it is possible, as an option to be toggled in MCM menu. But I'm not sure if this should be done via SLSL or rather as a general option for all "rape-enabling" mods, so maybe to be set up in SL framework. Dooge will have to comment on this when he's back.

Dooge, is there any way to make the PC move to an NPC to initiate sex? Since I chose Dominant and Rapist for my Drow gal, I'd like her to make a move on someone, and not to wait for someone to come to me. Besides, Dominant trait means that you initiate the sex talk, not the other way around. Also, if the other char I get paired with has the Submissive trait, then I surely won't get some, since (s)he wouldn't make a move on me anyway.

First of all SLSL is in fact NOT about the PC. It's about NPCs having sex and PC's involvement is just a bonus. The most logical way to make your character initiate sex is, well, ... approach an NPC and... initiate sex. After all her or his actions are YOUR actions. I think what you need are another mods, like Romance http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17146-sexlab-romance-including-source-updated-19th-aug-2014/ or this new one, very promising IMHO - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50483-sexlab-eager-npcs/ .

About the traits - they are more for NPCs, again, not for the PC. "Dominant" for PC means you have less chance to get raped. On the other hand, a submissive NPC can approach you and you can get some from him/her, it's just less likely than with a dominant or "neutral" character. My example: some of my female followers are "submissive" (funny Sofia for instance). And they approach my (male, btw) character from time to time. So this trait doesn't exclude the from "initiators".

Maybe Dooge's opinion on this matter is different (we'll know when he's back), but I don't think it's a good and needed feature to make the PC initiate anything automatically without Player's involvement.

A question to all SLSL users: Has anyone experienced a problem when after some time (quite long in my case) of proper working the mod started to misbehave? In my game there were three symptoms:

1. Most approaches were "genderfail" ones, i.e. a man came at a woman just to comment another lady's butt. Both character at maximum arousal and with all attributes set adequately.
  2. If two matching characters were actually found (info on screen displayed: "A1: Name, A2: Name"), they just stood still, no action, no dialogue.
  3. Comments and debug messages on screen seized to appear or only few of them were displayed.

I made some changes to my game in the meantime, but they were updates to already installed mods (namely: USKP, Immersive Citizens, SOS with add-ons, XP32 MSE). I am mentioning the mods "just in case", although I had not experienced such problems before that, even when I installed or uninstalled mods with SLSL active.

Please, comment.

Is the answer "that if you install or upgrade anything in Skyrim, you really should just start a new game"? Answers on an abusive, (yet fully buxom'fied response), post card.

Hmm, thanks for your buxomified response. :)

Do people actually do this? Does anyone start a new game EACH time they upgrade a mod or install a new one? If so, has anyone of them managed to get to, say, at least lvl 20 or so?

I know that playing modded Skyrim (but also Morrowind, Oblivion and both Fallouts) is risky, requires caution, etc. But, well, what was my question that you answered? :P

Both yes (theoretically) and no, depending on your use of FF, but I'm not so sure since I don't usually install FF.

The following is just a brief notice of the short, quick experiments of the latest FF.

While base actor ID of exported PC ( at the shrine) by FF is fixed (by tome or by each character),

the exported PC gets new, different refID every time you export your PC at the shrine, 

It means that you have to check exported PC's refID (actually it's easy to check it, also shown in somewhere

in FF's MCM menu as 'actor' xxxxxx) every time you export her/him to adjust a preset. 

But, unless you try not to overwrite the exported PC, her/his refID will remain the same among other characters' saves.  

Under such a condition, you can make use of her/his preset in other saves.

I'm maybe about 20-30 hours into my current run which I've used Sexlife on, and I notice that it SEEMS to be working alright... but I have yet to see a single succesful interaction.

Either they just flat out refuse or already have a lover or are of a different sexual orientation.. but never has it worked out! Is this uhh.. normal? No it probably... probably isn't. 

I seem to have had a few succesful ones with a version before the assigned presets for all npc's. :P

ps I've set arousal req. to 20 and the mod runs every 30 seconds

Both yes (theoretically) and no, depending on your use of FF, but I'm not so sure since I don't usually install FF.

The following is just a brief notice of the short, quick experiments of the latest FF.

While base actor ID of exported PC ( at the shrine) by FF is fixed (by tome or by each character),

the exported PC gets new, different refID every time you export your PC at the shrine, 

It means that you have to check exported PC's refID (actually it's easy to check it, also shown in somewhere

in FF's MCM menu as 'actor' xxxxxx) every time you export her/him to adjust a preset. 

But, unless you try not to overwrite the exported PC, her/his refID will remain the same among other characters' saves.  

Under such a condition, you can make use of her/his preset in other saves.

So, as long as I don't change the exported PC, the ID will remain the same? This is great! Thanks a lot!

I'm maybe about 20-30 hours into my current run which I've used Sexlife on, and I notice that it SEEMS to be working alright... but I have yet to see a single succesful interaction.

Either they just flat out refuse or already have a lover or are of a different sexual orientation.. but never has it worked out! Is this uhh.. normal? No it probably... probably isn't. 

I seem to have had a few succesful ones with a version before the assigned presets for all npc's. :P

The presets :P;) shouldn't stop NPCs from having sex. At least not in every case. Your problem may be the sexual orientation which is set by SexLab or SL Aroused. Also, I don't think there are so many NPCs with "lover" relationship rank. But even if I'm wrong, not every NPC is set as faithful.

If you could give some more details (actors, locations, on-screen messages), perhaps I could help you with tuning the sex probability.

The easiest way to check the functionality of Sexlife is to use debug function (to assign the actor A1/A2 with hotkey)

with highly aroused (made manually by SLA) spouses.

Alvor & Sigrid or Hod & Gerdur in Riverwood are ideal for test subjects, since they stay close not only during the night,

but also work in not so distant places in the village during daytime so that they have enough time to talk

(then to have an intercourse) before timeout. 

As far as I know, the vanilla preset has no obstacle that keeps them from loving each other. 

With vanilla preset and setting, Lucan & Camilla, who was notorious for incestuous bother-sister

test subjects in early development, is no longer suitable test subject for the functionality itself.

The presets :P;) shouldn't stop NPCs from having sex. At least not in every case. Your problem may be the sexual orientation which is set by SexLab or SL Aroused. Also, I don't think there are so many NPCs with "lover" relationship rank. But even if I'm wrong, not every NPC is set as faithful.

If you could give some more details (actors, locations, on-screen messages), perhaps I could help you with tuning the sex probability.

Alright, I hung around Riften a bit creepily observing everyones lives. Most of the failures are a result of either genderfail or matrix genderfail. I even saw "correct gender but play matrix genderfail anyway" O_o.

Edit: went back to investigate, turns out almost everyone in my game are gay or lesbian... I found one woman who was bi in all of Riften.

I then forced interaction between 2 people one whom was a rapist and just as the sex was about to start, the game froze. 

How on earth have I messed up the mod this bad?  :lol: Going to try reinstalling the whole thing...

Dooge is back. I have no ideas what I should do next. Ideas?

Does this mean 1.23 is OK to use?  I am still seeing "not ready" under problems, or is that just in case you see "not ready" report the problem instead this mod is not ready? 

I'd appreciate a tutorial on OP/download on how to edit NPC without using MCM.  I saw the xls files from Project Dooge as well as a bunch others but have no idea how to read them or how they work.  I would like to know how to create customized presets for both SLSL attributes AND sexuality for initialization.  I have a lot of extra NPC mods and it would be a nightmare having to edit them individually in MCM.

As for new features (I apologize if they have been discussed before, the support thread is now 53 pages...):

• Option to remove Arousal Threshold check if the two actors picked happened to be Lovers with each other.
  • If the poll resulted in no sex, SLSL will check if either actor passes the Arousal Threshold.  If no then mod will start over.  If yes, another poll is initiated searching for new actor B while keeping actor A (higher Arousal of the 1st failed pair) bypassing polling frequency check.  Maybe a cap of continuous polling until sex act is performed to keep a check on script bloat.  If the cap is reached and still no sex, some funny scene for the frustrated actor (just an idea, having the actor jump up and down several times before doing it solo for self satisfaction).
  • Sizequeen seems like a lot of fun but is there a way to predefine SOS size in NPC mods?  I posted the same question long time ago in the SOS thread and I think the answer is that you have to do it manually with MCM.  Given that SLSL is utilizing a preset, I am wondering if this can be included so no need to break immersion by having to go into SOS MCM manually adjust specific NPC's equipment size during game play, not to mention a pain to keep track for vanilla/DLC NPC.  

Thanks

Dooge is back. I have no ideas what I should do next. Ideas?

Does this mean 1.23 is OK to use?  I am still seeing "not ready" under problems, or is that just in case you see "not ready" report the problem instead this mod is not ready? 

I'd appreciate a tutorial on OP/download on how to edit NPC without using MCM.  I saw the xls files from Project Dooge as well as a bunch others but have no idea how to read them or how they work.  I would like to know how to create customized presets for both SLSL attributes AND sexuality for initialization.  I have a lot of extra NPC mods and it would be a nightmare having to edit them individually in MCM.

As for new features (I apologize if they have been discussed before, the support thread is now 53 pages...):

• Option to remove Arousal Threshold check if the two actors picked happened to be Lovers with each other.
  • If the poll resulted in no sex, SLSL will check if either actor passes the Arousal Threshold.  If no then mod will start over.  If yes, another poll is initiated searching for new actor B while keeping actor A (higher Arousal of the 1st failed pair) bypassing polling frequency check.  Maybe a cap of continuous polling until sex act is performed to keep a check on script bloat.  If the cap is reached and still no sex, some funny scene for the frustrated actor (just an idea, having the actor jump up and down several times before doing it solo for self satisfaction).
  • Sizequeen seems like a lot of fun but is there a way to predefine SOS size in NPC mods?  I posted the same question long time ago in the SOS thread and I think the answer is that you have to do it manually with MCM.  Given that SLSL is utilizing a preset, I am wondering if this can be included so no need to break immersion by having to go into SOS MCM manually adjust specific NPC's equipment size during game play, not to mention a pain to keep track for vanilla/DLC NPC.  

Thanks

v. 1.2.3 should be fine, but why not using the latest one?

There were detailed instructions in this thread, but, yes, maybe they should be put in the OP. It's up to @Dooge. Here are the links:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47307-sexlife/page-18?do=findComment&comment=1217340%C2%A0

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47307-sexlife/page-31?do=findComment&comment=1240448

I'm thinking about rewriting them in the form of tutorial, but I have too little time atm.

As for the features, they are for @Dooge to comment. My personal opinion, if anyone should care, is that arousal is a primary condition for sex to happen, no matter what the relation between NPCs is. The very fact they're married or lovers shouldn't be enough for them to make love. Sad, but true. However, if someone does not care much about realism, maybe there should a toggleable option for that.

I like the second idea. Especially about the frustration. @Dooge should consider adding that.

Presetting SOS would be great (as with sexuality). I don't think it's currently possible and that's what annoys me too as I hate generally too much settings in-game. I prefer to configure my game while installing the mod or (like with SLSL) make presets externally.

I'm not sure, however, if such mechanism is possible for SLSL. Not everyone uses SOS and I don't know if this is even doable technically.

This seems like an interesting evolution of the random sex mod and SexLab Attraction, and I have some suggestions:

1. Add a general toggle for certain pairings to never fail (male-male,male-female,etc.)

2. Add an arousal threshold for conditional faithfulness, and corresponding dialogue

3. Change the arousal threshold to 0-100, just to allow the option

4. Don't select characters that are currently in a SexLab animation (if possible)

This seems interesting, and I am curious to see how this develops.