Remember, this patch requires a clean save, i.e. clean the previously installed PO + POP.  I've seen really strange things happening on an 'dirty' save.

If the save IS clean, then I need a log.

I seem to be having an issue with getting arrested.  When the guards arrest me, I get bound and either left there while they stare at me, or I get into this loop of being unbound and arrested again over and over.  Any ideas?

I am getting the same issue. After stopping and binding me and checking for keys, I get a message "Markarth guard cannot arrest you for The Reach" or similar, and then I'm let go. This has occurred in The Reach, Winterhold and Eastmarch. Sometimes I am caught in a loop where I am let go like this and immediately afterwards the whole arrest dialogue begins again. 

Also, triggering a manual arrest doesn't seem to be working for me. 

I have tried this in both, a clean save with an old character and a brand new character. I did a brand new xPO install v.33 fix + Patch 8.

Thanks,

Doc Fate

See above. ;)

OK, I've been playing with it a bit more and discovered something funny (while I get a log). If after repeated failed arrest attempts I decide to leave wherever I am, and a bounty hunter captures me. The BH will arrest me successfully. I tried this on one of the old prisons and the whole day (I test with one day sentences) played out well. But afterwards, regular guards would arrest me. I would suspect a funny script still running in my save, but the issue was also present with a new character. 

I'll try to get some logs. Do you mean Papyrus???

Many thanks!

hi there ! :)

... snippy ...

i got arrested in Riften and every time the jailor took me out of my cell to go to the marketplace, when we passed by the guard sitting near the entrance door some mod (SD+ i think) triggered and the soldier wanted to rape me while PO whanted me to follow the jailor... if this happens during the way in (going to cell) i can "spam" the spacebar to have the sex animation end quickly and then run to reach the jailor, but when it happens on the way out, the jailor reaches the load door before i can end the animation and i get a CTD :(  i had to kill the guard via console to solve the problem... :P  but that's not the only problem, since other mods may trigger some action by NPC when i'm naked or restrained (and with PO i'm both) that may create some problems... :(

so i wondered if there's any way you can "stop" that mods from triggering while i'm under arrest...  this may be a stupid question, but not being a modder at all i have no idea of what can be done and what it's impossible... :P

... snappy ...

I don't think that is done by SD+, sounds more like DCL.

Checking for certain conditions is up to those mods initiating the action. POP is setting a PapyrusUtil INT when arrested, which could be checked like so,

StorageUtil.GetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCinJail") == 0
They could add that as a condition for starting the SL animation.

Like so,

If (StorageUtil.GetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCinJail") == 0)
    ;Procede with SL animation
EndIf 

Hi great mod thank you for your work. Is it possible to use PO 8 with SexLab 1.59c?

Yes it's fine, it's what I'm using

@Inte

Two minor issues I noticed

1/ After the pc was released she had two collars in inventory not one, very generous of you :P

2/ Tried going with the guard from Winterhold and had it set to run. I noticed that because the leash is always on now it was very jerky on cell changes where the pc was jumped forward into the back of the guard. When we got to Fort Karstav the guard killed the skeletons and then legged it somewhere leaving me stuck so had to use the fast forward to get out of that to get to the Jailer's place.

Everything else seemed good, the parade scene ran really smoothly XP and SP are properly deducted.

One extra bonus, as the XP/SP settings are in the ess now they are kept even after a clean save with a script cleaner :)

Haven't tested with DD's yet but as it always worked before I can't see any reason for it not to now

EDIT: Was using DDe 1.73

1. I'll add a check for the extra collar. You sure you did not have a collar from before the arrest?

2. The leash releases you after being obedient for 20 sec.(i.e. staying close to your captor) Problem with captor running is that it is hard to keep up with him/her while bound and such that obedient check is never satisfied.

I could add a keyboard key that releases the leash temporarily, or a setting for the leash AI hold length like in @xaz' AP.

IDK I think the keyboard key might be better, however that could lead to some other problems and complications.  

... snippy ...  

Here you go

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Thanks!

Doc Fate

Oh, I see... good, good. ;)

Did you try a MCM arrest?

Thanks for the log.

EDIT: Your're dumping stacks, usually means your game has reached its max script running ability, culprit seems to be 'zzE' dialog mod, try uninstalling that temporarily and try again.

Looks like the reason for POP failing to arrest is because it cannot find your bounty but then again, when your game starts 'dumping stacks' anything is possible.

1. I'll add a check for the extra collar. You sure you did not have a collar from before the arrest?

2. The leash releases you after being obedient for 20 sec.(i.e. staying close to your captor) Problem with captor running is that it is hard to keep up with him/her while bound and such that obedient check is never satisfied.

I could add a keyboard key that releases the leash temporarily, or a setting for the leash AI hold length like in @xaz' AP.

IDK I think the keyboard key might be better, however that could lead to some other problems and complications.  

1/ Yep I did a double check on that as I wondered the same afterward, but definately didn't have one. I normally player.removeitem the collars as a rule as they clutter up the inventory and I try to keep the game world reasonably tidy

2/ Ah that explains things, maybe best left as it is then. I only put it on run to quickly test the route

... snippy ...

1/ Yep I did a double check on that as I wondered the same afterward, but definately didn't have one. I normally player.removeitem the collars as a rule as they clutter up the inventory and I try to keep the game world reasonably tidy

2/ Ah that explains things, maybe best left as it is then. I only put it on run to quickly test the route

1. I'll check to see where that is coming from.

2. I usually get defeated by the POP BH (never go down without a fight, no?  ;)), and DA adds a bunch of debuffs after defeat one of which is slow move, so when we start our journey I have so switch that MCM option to 'Fast Walk' or even 'Walk', then after a while I can switch it to 'Jog' but never to 'Run'. Needless to say, I am using DDe, but if I was to set restraints in the MCM to 'POP Restraints' and just surrender to my captor - then I could use the 'Run' option with no problem.  

Some feedback...

1) YES, a new version! Thanks, Inte! :)

2) I love that you began the integration of the "Detention center" or whatever it is called below Windhelm! :heart:

3) Tried getting arrested in Winterhold, worked just fine. Some observations:

- Progress of the arrest was slower than in earlier versions. Lots of standing around and waiting for scene progression. No bugs or crashes though, just slow.

- The guard started walking down the road with me in tow. I imagine he wanted to go all the way to the entrance in Windhelm? I didn't want to wait that long so I activated fast forward. Or are there new entrances in the other towns?

4) It is too dark in the punishment rooms, even with the fire and chandeliers. There are some camera angles for me where the light suddenly goes way brighter, but 99% of the camera angles just give me a gloomy room where I have to squint to see anything. And I want to see what's happening to my poor Dragonborn! :angel:

5) My bounty was way above the major crime threshold, but I was left alone for two nights. No punishments there.

6) The guard selected the parade through town twice. Both times we started out in Windhelm, I got my hood. After that the jailer just stood around for a minute, then the hood was unequipped and I was teleported to the pillory for the rest of the day. No "fun" happened there either.

7) The slider in the MCM for the "Days until you loose skills" is broken. If activated it only has 0 and -1 as values. If you press "R" it goes to the default of 1. No way to increase above 1.

8) Are you planning to integrate the nice furniture in the new cells into the nightly punishment scenarios? Would be a shame to leave them unused... :lol:

9) Your MCM slowly begins to resemble that of DCL, so many settings. Any chance that we might get an import / export function?

1. NP.

2. Jailer's Place ... the name could use some improvement.

3. The arrest scene is for immersion, your captor would admire his/hers handiwork along the way. There is a MCM option to turn that off. 

<> Your captor walking you to jail is 80% of the fun.  (I like the helplessness of it, especially if used with DDe ... not much you can do but follow your Master (Captor) to wherever he/she is taking you, I never fast forward. :P). You have MCM options to make that walk into a run, as well.  Also, since POP 8 is saving all of your bounties on arrest, you and your captor can pass through any town without the guards bothering you about your outstanding bounties.  

4. I was going for the atmospheric lightning of a tavern not the cold light found in most jails. I guess I could add a light switch on the wall as an option.

5. I am trying to involve the nobles down there in your fun, unfortunately it is kind of crowded down there and some of them will have a hard time path-ing to your cell. The other option is to have only the jail Master partake in the fun, which might get monotone after a while.  

6. Punishments are randomly selected. Did the jailer equip a whip? If not, then the crowd gathering quest went wrong and I would need a log.

7. Sounds like it is working as intended. It is a dynamic slider, in other words you cannot select the max number of days in jail until you have been arrested and that number determined. Try adjusting that after the arrest.  

8. Yes. But, the problem is the real needs mods, you can't really eat while in one of those. ^_^

9. You mean Json file? I'm sure if I wear one of the DCL's unescapable armbinders for say a week, @Kimy will teach me how to do that. ;)

3. All right, noted. I don't mind a walk through town, but the trek Winterhold - Windhelm seemed a bit over the top. No problem though because you can toggle fast travel at any time

6. No log, switched off for performance reasons. Will try to get one next time.

7. Ok, noted. Will check next time I get arrested...

8. Hmpf. I understand. But I want it anyways! I don't use realistic needs. Want, want want!

9. I have absolutely no idea about coding, writing mods or "json" files. I just would like a settings-save function because starting a new game is becoming a lot of work. And it feels I start a new game about every few days.If it is too difficult to implement though, forget about it. I'll survive...

... snippy ...  

Here you go

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Thanks!

Doc Fate

Thanks for the log.

EDIT: Your're dumping stacks, usually means your game has reached its max script running ability, culprit seems to be 'zzE' dialog mod, try uninstalling that temporarily and try again.

Looks like the reason for POP failing to arrest is because it cannot find your bounty but then again, when your game starts 'dumping stacks' anything is possible.

Yeah, MCM arrests are unresponsive. I will try fiddling with other mods tomorrow as the Migraine has hit and it is getting close to my bed time. I didn't know I had little baby spiders running around somewhere... 

Thanks!

Doc Fate

MCM trigger arrest minor or major does not work in POP 8.

It works in POP 8 zeta but not in POP 8.

Now I am going to pop, pop some popcorn. Pop pop, pop! ;)

Crap, OK - fixed in POP 8a. Good luck with your POP-ing.

Hi, Co seem me Co is ce fundy Uxbridge Hagi yachts Natick did tashi endorsement thimble.

Well... if you insist. :huh:

But, next time use English not Babble. :P

Is Pop 8 any different from pop 8 zeta?

Oh yeah, a lot more features in POP 8, and yes I know it looks counterintuitive but zeta was just a test, ... and only a test. ;)

I seem to be having an issue with getting arrested.  When the guards arrest me, I get bound and either left there while they stare at me, or I get into this loop of being unbound and arrested again over and over.  Any ideas?

Remember, this patch requires a clean save, i.e. clean the previously installed PO + POP.  I've seen really strange things happening on an 'dirty' save.

If the save IS clean, then I need a log.

I am getting the same issue. After stopping and binding me and checking for keys, I get a message "Markarth guard cannot arrest you for The Reach" or similar, and then I'm let go. This has occurred in The Reach, Winterhold and Eastmarch. Sometimes I am caught in a loop where I am let go like this and immediately afterwards the whole arrest dialogue begins again. 

Also, triggering a manual arrest doesn't seem to be working for me. 

I have tried this in both, a clean save with an old character and a brand new character. I did a brand new xPO install v.33 fix + Patch 8.

Thanks,

Doc Fate

See above. ;)

Here you go.  I tried initiating arrest from the debug menu then went and got myself arrested when the debug attempt failed (I had a small bounty)

I will probably try a reinstall.  I did do a clean save when I upgraded.

I don't think that is done by SD+, sounds more like DCL.

Checking for certain conditions is up to those mods initiating the action. POP is setting a PapyrusUtil INT when arrested, which could be checked like so,

StorageUtil.GetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCinJail") == 0
They could add that as a condition for starting the SL animation.

Like so,

If (StorageUtil.GetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCinJail") == 0)
    ;Procede with SL animation
EndIf 

i thought it was SD+ because i got the popup box telling me i was pushed to the ground and asking me if i wanted to submit or resirt and that's SD+ behaviour if i'm not mistaken...  anyway, in case you have time to spoil and nothing better to do and want to have a look to it, i add the logs ;)

anyway, not a blocking issue for me, i always found a way around up to now and i'd rather play without many other mods than whitout PO/POP :D

thanks again for everything.

Papyrus.0.7z

Thanks for the log.

So I uninstalled EDialogue and still no luck. Attached is my latest log. 

BTW, no, MCM Arrests don't do anything, but I think in the xPO thread you've mentioned something about an 8a patch.

Papyrus.0.log

Thanks!

Doc Fate

Latest patch seems to have broken the Arrest Scene.

​The guards try to arrest but get stuck in a loop.

When you surrender to them they say the usual "you're going to rot in the dungeon" then they draw their swords and the force encounter starts again with the "you're under arrest".  You surrender and then, yep you guessed it, it starts again.

​I've done a complete clean start with a new save since upgrading which has fixed this error in past versions, however this time it keeps happening and I can't get the arrest scene to play at all just this infinite loop of dialogue.

Any ideas?

thanks,

EDIT:

It would seem the issue is being caused by the "NPC's use Arrest Scene" option.  When enabled the loop occurs but the arrest scene works if this option is disabled.

@ Inte

Having just spent the best part of an hour or so this pm doing a clean install of xPO/POP 8 on my game ... LOL!..., can I please ask a couple of questions?

1 - Is POP 8a another mythical beastie that is yet to appear over the horizon, as wafted on a breeze of roasting hot dragon's breath? - ie I can't find it in downloads, or upstream on the thread, so where, or when, should I look for it pls?

2 - given that POP 8 required a full reboot of xPO, will POP 8a need that too, or can we just overwrite POP 8?  - Is the old script from POP 7f something that will be additional to POP 8, or something being deleted from POP 8, which which might need the current save cleaned up?

And a big 'thanks' again for keeping this mod going.  You've improved it so much over the last year, and made it a huge step forward from the original

@ Inte

Having just spent the best part of an hour or so this pm doing a clean install of xPO/POP 8 on my game ... LOL!..., can I please ask a couple of questions?

1 - Is POP 8a another mythical beastie that is yet to appear over the horizon, as wafted on a breeze of roasting hot dragon's breath? - ie I can't find it in downloads, or upstream on the thread, so where, or when, should I look for it pls?

2 - given that POP 8 required a full reboot of xPO, will POP 8a need that too, or can we just overwrite POP 8?  - Is the old script from POP 7f something that will be additional to POP 8, or something being deleted from POP 8, which which might need the current save cleaned up?

And a big 'thanks' again for keeping this mod going.  You've improved it so much over the last year, and made it a huge step forward from the original

1. :P Doing some final testing on POP 8a now, I've added more features.

2. Good news is that from POP 8a on, you can save all your MCM settings to a .json file so resetting POP should a lot faster. But no, POP 8a does not require a clean install when updating from POP 8.   

@Inte

I tried POP 8 in a new created character  and discovered something:

If the PC have a lot of gold , she can not be arrested.(get the message "xxx guard cannot arrest you for xxx")

If the PC have no gold, she can be arrested normally.

Maybe this would help to locate where the problem is.

@ Inte

1. :P Doing some final testing on POP 8a now, I've added more features.

2. Good news is that from POP 8a on, you can save all your MCM settings to a .json file so resetting POP should a lot faster. But no, POP 8a does not require a clean install when updating from POP 8.   

Thanks for the quick response.  I'll keep my eyes open for this

And a great big 'Yay' for the .json file.  But I want to know for how long Kimy is going to keep you in a DCL unescapable armbinder, as the price of her training you on that?  :P