[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

2 hours ago, hana120 said:

Mon jeu est en français car je suis français. Et le soucis venait d'une save où mes sims étaient entrain de mourir. Sur les autres sauvegardes ça ne le fait pas.

Je joue à tous mes jeux en anglais bien que français moi-même. @LadySmoksl'a bien compris ?. Et puis, dès que tu veux modder un jeu (Skyrim, The Sims 3, Cyberpunk 277, les MassEffect, ...), il est nettement préférable de jouer en langue anglaise.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I believe that @Benmc20 is also French, and is sharing with you an experience of a problem which mods did not work properly. It would seem odd as computer language should remain in all languages the same, but it is possible there could be a problem? English is not my first language, but many game designers (companies) are in English speaking countries and cater to English speaking market. Everyone else is just extra work for them to translate 1,000 times. (((

Plus, nearly all the time, french translation is just crap. I have very few examples of correct french translations.

33 minutes ago, Benmc20 said:

translation is just crap

Google translate... cheap version! ))) It is good for you and I and @hana120, @landess and many others to find common basic language to communicate here without great expense, but it is not good for knowing difference of subtlety of context of many languages.

It seems to save time and thus money, companies will hire a mail clerk to use Google to translate for the games, and simply do not care if the translation is good, as you will buy it anyway! Does someone else make Sims with better features that we can choose???

1 hour ago, Benmc20 said:

Je joue à tous mes jeux en anglais bien que français moi-même. @LadySmoksl'a bien compris ?. Et puis, dès que tu veux modder un jeu (Skyrim, The Sims 3, Cyberpunk 277, les MassEffect, ...), il est nettement préférable de jouer en langue anglaise.

Je suis nul en anglais. Et quand je joue à un jeu, j'ai besoin de comprendre à quoi je joue. De comprendre ce que disent les personnages, etc. Me vois pas sortir mon telephone et google trad a chaque choses.

50 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Google translate... cheap version! ))) It is good for you and I and @hana120, @landess and many others to find common basic language to communicate here without great expense, but it is not good for knowing difference of subtlety of context of many languages.

It seems to save time and thus money, companies will hire a mail clerk to use Google to translate for the games, and simply do not care if the translation is good, as you will buy it anyway! Does someone else make Sims with better features that we can choose???

Personally, I use deepl now as a translator. It is better. Sometimes Reverso.

54 minutes ago, hana120 said:

Je suis nul en anglais. Et quand je joue à un jeu, j'ai besoin de comprendre à quoi je joue. De comprendre ce que disent les personnages, etc. Me vois pas sortir mon telephone et google trad a chaque choses.

я понимаю... je comprends... I understand. )))

English, I am very lucky and do not need the translator. I studied many years in school and university, and also now live in US more than 10 years. For other languages, I use Google. It is basic, and if the translation is poor, I am bold enough to tell a person that I did not understand. Better to be honest than to nod affirmative as an idiot! )))

@BulleCore, I also would think a translation should not create a conflict in a mod, but it is possible this happened to Benmc20?

Thanks to everyone who offered advice.  My game is finally working again!  Part of it was the 399 build, and the rest was, I think, not yet knowing the tricks of a new computer.  My old one would automatically override old versions whenever I added the new version.  The new computer...doesn't do that.  So I got 399 out of there entirely, and cleared out the old versions of the new anims, and it's running beautifully!  Thanks again to all!

16 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

я понимаю... je comprends... I understand. )))

English, I am very lucky and do not need the translator. I studied many years in school and university, and also now live in US more than 10 years. For other languages, I use Google. It is basic, and if the translation is poor, I am bold enough to tell a person that I did not understand. Better to be honest than to nod affirmative as an idiot! )))

@BulleCore, I also would think a translation should not create a conflict in a mod, but it is possible this happened to Benmc20?

Some Fallout 3 mods developped for the english version car break the french translated version. Same for Morrowind. After that, I stopped playing my games in french and only used the english version.

Knowing what I know about computers, I'm starting to guess it's not the language as much as the tools used to make the mods? Programming language doesn't 'care' about spoken language. HTML doesn't 'care' about spoken language. This is why people can take the written notifications/instructions/etc. in a game/mod and translate them to whatever is required. These are just 'text' files used when the program calls for them, like an image file. The program calls for the image file identifier and gives a rats ass what's on that image. Same for a text file.

If there is a language issue, it's found within the tools used to create/control mods. What is being suggested here by some is the programmers are rewriting sections of CODE based on the language version being used - and I think not......

>>> Back before the internet and the amazing amount of storage capacity we now have, Physical copies would have specific language versions made for sale in specific countries. Once storage wasn't an issue and the internet allowed us to have a 'singular location' to purchase software no matter where you are - then multi-language options were included in every copy. Yeah I noticed when they started adding that language folder to ALL games with all the text files needed by the game in MANY languages. 

Hi, y'all. I've never posted on this forum/thread, but I've lurked for a long while. And since I use NRAAS mods extensively and sometimes I throw KW into the mix, I thought I'd ramble about my experiences vis a vis KW + NRAAS, since I've often seen people talking/asking about NRAAS mods in this thread. 

Before I begin, for the record, I use version 394 of KW in a game with all EPs installed. 394 has been the most stable for me. I've also used 375 in the past, and it was fine, and I know I tried out 399, but IIRC I ultimately landed on 394 because it had a few extra features I liked that 375 didn't have but was also stable and didn't seem to further impact game performance, which I couldn't say about 399. However, it should be noted that I also don't use some of KW's features. I don't use schools. I don't set up brothels, though I have done so in the past. And I have rapists, peeping toms, and bestiality disabled because I'm just not interested in those things. (Not judging you if you are, of course. It's just not my cuppa. :) ) So, if you DO use those things, your results may be different from mine, but hopefully someone will find the info I have useful.

In saves where I use KW, I currently have the following NRAAS mods installed: Careers (plus a ton of custom careers), Master Controller (plus all of its various modules), Story Progression (plus all but its "personality" modules), Woohooer, Consigner, DebugEnabler, Decensor, Dreamer, Dresser, ErrorTrap, Hybrid, Mover, Overwatch, PortraitPanel, Register, RelationshipPanel, Relativity, Retuner, Saver, SecondImage, Shooless, Tagger, Tempest, Traffic, Traveler, and WrittenWord. (Whew!) So, pretty much everything. :) Most of these I have no "KW Problems" with, and I consider all of them essential, albeit some more than others. I'm just going to talk about the ones that I've seen people (including Oniki) say are problematic and one (and only one!) that I actually had problems with. So here we go. 

1) ErrorTrap. I use it WITHOUT disabling dereferencing as Oniki recommends, and my game/KW runs fine. If you disable dereferencing, then that disables ErrorTrap's ability to, indeed, trap errors. If it can't trap errors, then it can't try to prevent your game from randomly crashing when errors happen. It basically sits there, doing nothing. If you're going to use ErrorTrap (And you definitely should!), don't disable dereferencing. Your game/KW (at least on older versions, including 399, the newest public release) will be fine. In fact, ErrorTrap contributes to the longevity of your save, which IS an issue when combining NRAAS and KW. Oniki is a much sloppier coder than NRAAS's Twallan and, now, Chain. As a result, KW saves have an increased tendency toward becoming a so-called "Big Fiery Ball Visible from Space," more so than entirely unmodded saves, even. ErrorTrap can help with that but, really, if you care about a KW save, back up often AND keep multiple archived versions, so that you can go back in time and re-play if you have to! (NRAAS's Saver will handle this automagically for you.)

2) Overwatch. I don't disable outfit cleanup as recommended, but I have auto-reset for stuck Sims always turned off in all my saves, KW-infested or not, because I want to know where Sims are getting stuck so I can fix the problem if I can. For the outfit cleanup...My understanding (I could be wrong) is that this setting only messes up KW schools, which I don't use. So, if you don't use them either, you can (and probably should) have that enabled. Overall, Overwatch's ability to export/import settings for all other installed NRAAS mods is indispensable to me, so that I don't have to fiddle around so much when I start a new world.

3) Woohooer. I use it, but when also using KW I have much of it turned off/non-autonomous, at least for human Sims. (I do use it to allow pets to autonomously reproduce according to my specifications.) Other than the pet thing, pretty much the only reason I keep Woohooer in play when using KW is that it fixes an EA bug wherein your game can freeze if an inactive Sim is giving birth. Without Woohooer installed, I will have that problem on occasion whether or not KW is in. AFAIK, Woohooer is the only mod that fixes this error, so if you allow pregnancy in your game AND you allow inactive Sims to be pregnant, then you will want Woohooer in your game. You can turn off everything it does if you want. It will fix the "birthing freeze" issue regardless.

4) Story Progression. SP + KW = A pretty significant performance hit. Unfortunately. But for me (because momentary lags and bouts of low framerate here and there don't bother me), the performance hit is worth it because I use it in many different ways to set up scenarios and to "world build." As an example, I use SP's caste system heavily to set up an alien, "hermaphroditic" D/s world to use along with KW's D/s functionality, where, among other things, whether or not a Sim can be pregnant or be impregnated is a function not of gender but of dynamic. So, if you want to be able to dictate what certain Sims can and can't do in your game and you're OK with some lag/stuttering, you'll want to learn how to use Story Progression, particularly how to create and set up castes. But do bear in mind that both SP and KW are very resource-hungry, so you might need to, for instance, lower your graphics quality or uninstall an EP or three if you want to use both on a lower-end system.

5) I've not seen any problems with Shooless. I use it not for "kinky" reasons, but mostly because I play some scenarios where my Sims live on large, open-air lots, with bathtubs surrounded by shrubbery and bushes that function as toilets. Hence, no actual bathrooms with walls for privacy. As a result, no adult will use the facilities if there's a kid on the lot. Shooless fixes this issue where KW alone does not seem to.

6) The only NRAAS mod that I've had significant problems with in my KW saves but that I've not seen anyone mention: Go Here. If I have that installed along with KW, it messes lots of things up. Examples: When Sims give birth at a hospital rabbithole, they try to leave the lot after the birth without taking the baby with them. (And they also walk home, even if they rode a bike or drove their car or took a taxi there. They won't summon a taxi to go home.) Also, it messes up Sims generally traveling around in cars (but not bicycles) that they own. (As an example, they'll drive off the lot in their car, park it at a community lot, but when they go home they'll take a taxi instead of their car, leaving the car at the community lot.) It also messes up work carpools. Sometimes it won't show up to pick up a Sim for work. All the time, the Sim won't take the carpool home but will instead summon a taxi. And, if I tell a Sim to go to a community lot with a toddler in a stroller, the Sim will just carry the toddler instead. Finally, game play was much laggier with Go Here installed than without. None of this weirdness happens in my saves where KW is not in play, so it's gotta be the interaction between Go Here and KW that is the problem. I've tried fiddling with Go Here's settings, but no joy. So, I can't use it with KW. (I also suspect, but cannot confirm, that Go Here might mess up KW schools, if you use them, since GH definitely affects how Sims go to different places. I have a feeling GH won't like the summoning that, as I understand it, KW schools generate.)

Finally, for shits and giggles, I recently "acquired" and tried out the latest and "greatest" KW version. 409, I think it was. Bad idea. It totally fucked up Traveler. In my testing, I sent a Sim on a three-day vacation to the EA Egypt world, leaving behind his pregnant partner. The vacation was normal, but when he got home, no time had passed, but the kid had been born and was already a child. (Mind you, even if time HAD passed, I play with long life spans. Pregnancy is 6 days, babyhood 8 and toddlerhood 32.) Now, this is the sort of thing that happens (rightfully!) under Traveler in vacation worlds. You send a Sim to one, and sometimes Story Progression will make one or more of the resident Sims pregnant while you're there. That pregnancy doesn't progress while you're there because time doesn't pass during vacations. However, if you later travel to the same world again, the resident will have had the kid and it will be a child. Apparently, with KW 409 installed, that ends up happening in the traveling Sim's homeworld, too. Not good! So...Yeah, 409 not recommended if you use Traveler, especially if you use it as extensively as I do. In fact, Traveler might have gotten borked earlier than 409. 399 is the newest version that I know is OK in this regard. So, if you use Traveler, go for an older KW version. 

Hell, go with older in general. With KW, newer is absolutely not better. Newer is just a fiery mass of things that are very bad in not-fun ways.

5 hours ago, iCad said:

I've not seen any problems with Shooless.

I had an issue where Sims stopped trying to go to a restroom/bathroom/toilets after I had upgraded KW some time ago (prol 375). The needs bar would max out and they began pissing themselves. I decided to send a Sim to use the potty instead of waiting for the game to 'push' them to action. They entered the bathroom, and stood there. Clicking on the toilet to have them use it did nothing as the queue would clear as fast as I could give instruction to 'pee'.

I thought it was a conflict between the 'newer' privacy settings and Shooless. When I removed Shooless, everything went back to normal. I can only say this was my experience and often recommend this course of action to see if it helps others when they have the 'same' issue. Maybe it works - maybe it won't, but the more we document here, the better everyone's chances of finding a solution to their own problems.

For all I know newer versions of KW may have addressed this, but since I don't have a need for Shooless (and can't remember why I started using it to begin with), not having it isn't a problem for me. Couples in a romantic relationship seem immune to the privacy issue anyways and if one uses the remove clothes when peeing setting, then there can be some form of sexual 'interest' if one walks in on the other - same as showering.

All this bathroom talk reminds me of a clever idea removed from the Sims after 2 - flushing a toilet while another sim is showering would result in the showering Sim jumping out because of the 'Hot' water. Geez, EA really dropped the ball on so many things... And I hear 4 is worse than 3 in that respect.  :( 

1 hour ago, landess said:

I had an issue where Sims stopped trying to go to a restroom/bathroom/toilets after I had upgraded KW some time ago (prol 375). The needs bar would max out and they began pissing themselves. I decided to send a Sim to use the potty instead of waiting for the game to 'push' them to action. They entered the bathroom, and stood there. Clicking on the toilet to have them use it did nothing as the queue would clear as fast as I could give instruction to 'pee'.

Yeah, the differences in experiences with mods and mod combinations probably has a lot to do with what other mods one has in play other than KW and any of the NRAAS suite. (I have a shit-ton of other mods, myself!) It might also have to do with KW settings and the things that one does or doesn't use that the mod offers, not to mention how one sets the NRAAS mods. There are just too many variables to account for. The best we can do, I think, is just to report our various set-ups and experiences with them and then, if a person has a problem with something they can try to find someone who doesn't have that problem and then they can compare notes from there.

As I said, I have no weirdness associated with Shooless, but I don't use it in all KW saves that I play, just the one where open-air lots are involved. In that save, it's an indispensable mod. KW seems to lift bathroom privacy restrictions on elders, adults, and teens, so they can all commingle, so to speak, but it doesn't appear to do so for elders/adults/teens when they try to share a bathroom with children. Not in my game, at any rate.

All this bathroom talk reminds me of a clever idea removed from the Sims after 2 - flushing a toilet while another sim is showering would result in the showering Sim jumping out because of the 'Hot' water. Geez, EA really dropped the ball on so many things... And I hear 4 is worse than 3 in that respect.  :( 

Yes! I've actually only started playing TS3 relatively recently. Before that, I was TS2-only. I miss that toilet/shower event! And it would be such a fun thing to integrate into TS3. I have visions of Sims with the Evil trait deliberately going into a bathroom when someone's showering just to flush the toilet.  Not use it, just flush it. :D

I was also pretty flabbergasted at the lack of interactions between toddlers and cats/dogs. Those are among my favorite TS2 interactions, and I'm surprised (and disappointed!) that they or something like them didn't make it into TS3 Pets. That and toddler/toddler interactions, though there are mods for those, at least.  I've never played TS4 (and have no desire to), but yeah it's missing a ton of stuff. It's a product of EA nickel-and-diming. :p

On 3/22/2021 at 6:18 PM, RisingSunPhoenix said:

WOW first MS-DOS release was on August 12, 1981

Are you Bill Gates?

The very first computer was a mechanical computer made by Charles Babbage in 1820.

The first analog computer was made by Sir William Thomson in 1872.

The first fully automatic digital computer was made by Konrad Zuse in 1935.

The very first programmable computer was the Colossus made by Tommy Flowers in 1943.

3 hours ago, kekewinter said:

Is the 2019 link the latest public release?

Build 399 is the last public release. It is considered to be one of the buggiest KW versions. Build 375 which WAS on the first page and WAS released as public has slightly fewer features and far fewer bugs, and is available here... https://www.loverslab.com/topic/156041-sims3wip-kinkyworld-v037-updated-may-3rd-2019-wikipage/

Your other options are to become a paying patron or find Jack Sparrow.

I found him. More Rum!

Hide contents

I tried that once... didn't end well for me, I remember something about walking a plank, but not meeting Davy Jones... oh, and that has me wondering, what does the EA-only Kraken do?  Anything?

On 3/27/2021 at 1:21 AM, namaradus said:

The very first

... Apple II was made in 1977.

... use of the word "internet" for "inter-network" was 1974.

... version of UNIX was somewhere between 1969 and 1971.

... C programming language was created in 1972.

... B programming language was created in 1970.

But arguing with that person is probably about as useful as it was me trying to reason with the head of UI development for one of the top 5 largest newspaper publishers (a few years ago) that their policy of "the second a new browser version releases, we no longer support the old version" was insane for any public facing site, let alone one in an industry that is loosing readers.  Pulled a muscle getting that old C++ book out of storage.  :( 

Still comical what they come up with.  Saw them claiming they were at Pearl, which would put them 95+... maybe they need to get out more.  :D  I certainly should.

10 hours ago, landess said:

I found him. More Rum!

He has run aground in Bastport!

292568197_thepearl.PNG.4cf8f2d59ac0f872030d69c57397afb2.PNG

9 hours ago, jdw6 said:

I tried that once... didn't end well for me

Rum? No, I stay with vodka! Perhaps wine. )))

8 hours ago, jdw6 said:

use of the word "internet" for "inter-network" was 1974

My husband said that he once read the idea of connecting computers to increase power was in the 1950's at MIT, but they ran out of money. The military got thought it would be a good idea to connect all of the NORAD computers to be more efficient, and paid to continue developing the idea.

8 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Saw them claiming they were at Pearl, which would put them 95+

I think it was a 12 yo who played a Pearl Harbor video game, then played "How to train my dragon" video game! Nasty, arrogant and foolish.

12 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Still comical what they come up with.  Saw them claiming they were at Pearl, which would put them 95+... maybe they need to get out more. 

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I think it was a 12 yo who played a Pearl Harbor video game, then played "How to train my dragon" video game! Nasty, arrogant and foolish.

I was thinking the same thing. But they definitely aren't playing with a full deck......about 52 cards shy of one :lol:

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

My husband said that he once read the idea of connecting computers to increase power was in the 1950's at MIT, but they ran out of money. The military got thought it would be a good idea to connect all of the NORAD computers to be more efficient, and paid to continue developing the idea.

I had read something about that as well and the military did have a big hand in getting the internet going.

So I downloaded this mod (version 399) and installed it and everything is working great. Thanks Oniki!!! Anyway I have one question: where is the option to assign rapists? I was messing around late the first night after I installed the mod and I'm sure that I saw an option to assign rapists from a list of sims, but the next day I couldn't find the option anywhere. It's driving me nuts! Does anyone know where to find it?