Well i put morality sliders for dialogue and enslavement to 4 (anyone should be able to approach) but for now nobody approached .

The old version worked.(the 9. something)

This doesn t seem to do anything for now :( (used a clean save)

i'll try to wait more

I had the same experience with debug not showing anything and nothing happening when the new version was loaded on a clean save or an new character, but found it was intermittent. If on loading the save I got the message about enslave 1.4 being active, everything worked. If the message didn't show up, it didn't work. Sometimes reloading the same save a second time would set it off, other times I'd need to shutdown and restart.

In installed sexlife last night, and it was doing the same thing. With one character, it was up and running, with another I wanted to try it on, it wouldn't show up.

Well i put morality sliders for dialogue and enslavement to 4 (anyone should be able to approach) but for now nobody approached .

The old version worked.(the 9. something)

This doesn t seem to do anything for now :( (used a clean save)

i'll try to wait more

I had the same experience with debug not showing anything and nothing happening when the new version was loaded on a clean save or an new character, but found it was intermittent. If on loading the save I got the message about enslave 1.4 being active, everything worked. If the message didn't show up, it didn't work. Sometimes reloading the same save a second time would set it off, other times I'd need to shutdown and restart.

In installed sexlife last night, and it was doing the same thing. With one character, it was up and running, with another I wanted to try it on, it wouldn't show up.

How did you fix?

I didn t get the message it is running only mcm installed.

And  reloading doesn t change.

I'm all in favor of being able to override the relationshiprank setting. Also, in terms of building a story, having a switch to allow teammates to in enslave might be nice. One can imagine Lydia being resentiful toward this outsider, probably not even a Nord, showing up and being made much of.

On another note, I tested enslavement with the unpatched 9.21 and local with SD worked fine, but I couldn't get a distance enslavement even with all the local options set to zero. I think I ran through around 10 or 12 enslavements.

I'm all in favor of being able to override the relationshiprank setting. Also, in terms of building a story, having a switch to allow teammates to in enslave might be nice. One can imagine Lydia being resentiful toward this outsider, probably not even a Nord, showing up and being made much of.

On another note, I tested enslavement with the unpatched 9.21 and local with SD worked fine, but I couldn't get a distance enslavement even with all the local options set to zero. I think I ran through around 10 or 12 enslavements.

I don't remember making any changes to distant enslave code in the last couple of versions, but I'll test on my end when I can since I haven't tested in awhile anyway.

Edit: Confirmed, if you don't go long enough in the game before getting enslaved the game fails to send you to a distant master with SD properly. Fixed in this upcoming patch.

At least I think it's the same bug you had, you still got tied up right?

stuff

To be clear, you still can't get the SD+ enslavement to work on the new character either, right? You mentioned that you tested it while "enslaved", but I assume you were using another method to test? Getting that message is normal, but the NPC in question should still attempt to approach you if you make it to the suspend messages.

I take it you don't have the other enslavement mods since you only mentioned SD and slaverun, I don't normally test without certain option mods since uninstalling them just to test is a pain, having a list of the mods you have, or don't have, that DE uses would make reproducing errors easier.

After figuring out how to get the mod to start (at least for me it worked 3 times in a row after the mod stopped working), I was able to get enslaved via DE and it was always SD (I am not that familiar with slaverun so didn't know where I was - Riverwood - was a place your mod wouldn't call slaverun).

To be clear, from what I can see, once DE seems to stop working (IE, no debug messaes appear any more and no more approaches happen), what I have to do is MAKE SURE to uncheck DE showing debug messages, then save, then exit Skyrim, then restart and reload.  If debug messages stop showing up and I save without unchecking debug info, and I reload that save, then I can eventually get debug messages (and thus a working DE), but it takes a different # of saving and reloading to get things starting again.

However, once I start getting the dhlp is suspended message, nothing I do seems to get DE to a functional state.  I can get rid of those messages by some combination of 1) reset DHLP suspend in DE MCM, 2) click on DH MCM option Attack Scenes Suspended (changes yes/no) and 3) click on Reset Running Scenes in DH MCM, but all that does with regards to DE is get DE to roll my vulnerability #'s.  No one ever approaches after that point, and I have not found a way to get a save in that state out of that state.

The thing is, once DE enslaved me (SD enslave), the dhlp running message appears, so no one ever approaches me for sex via DE (even with options set to 0 for both slavery and armbinder and 100 for sex in the DE MCM).  I just get either the loop of dhlp messages from debug or a loop of it rolling my % chances of each type of approach, but no approaches.  I don't know if that's intended, but it's not how things were in the 1.04 version I had been using (when enslaved in 1.04 people would still approach me for sex via DE).  I have yet to become unenslaved in this game, so I don't know if it would start working again at that point.

i was definitely confusing relationship with morality, as your MCM option is for morality but the debug message for Ralof is for relationship - my bad on that.  Are you intentionally preventing follower types from approaches?  I'm guessing Ralof is considered a follower as I followed him from Helgen in this game.

As for mods that I have installed, I post from a different PC than i play on, but the related mods I have are SD, Slaverun (new on this save), Captured Dreams, Cursed Loot (and all of their requirements which is, AFAIK, all the devious devices mods), and Devious Captures and Helpless.  Looking at Helpless and maybe Captures - I'm not sure they are needed, and my current issues seem to arise from dhlp, which seems to be related almost completely to DH, so maybe I'll stop using those 2 - or at least DH.  What they do seem to be covered by other mods, so almost seem redundant.  I've just always had them installed and never (to my knowledge) had issues with either.  Other slavery mods I don't use because they all seem to have a definite conflict other mods I'm using, so just never downloaded them.

Unofficial version 9.3 (More bug fixes, and requested features)

Changes since 9.2X:

• Fixed a bug where the player wouldn't be enslaved properly with SD (given) if not enough time had passed
  • Fixed slight inaccuracies with Given outcome decision resolution (would sometimes pick the wrong outcome)
  • Fixed the khajit sold outcome using the regular maria slider, so you only have a 1/total chance to ever see it
  • Changed the Quick as you like quest detection to enslavement level 1 from level 3 (so you can be approached for sex but not enslavement to make the quest more interesting)
  • Added a toggle to move the Debug output to the console
  • Added a toggle for maria's eden khajit (was already in code, just forgot to add it)
  • Added a Devious Cidhna enslave outcome (given) and mcm options to configure it (this is experimental)
  • Added a relationship slider by popular request, at least until I can add high relationship dialogue
  • Other small fixes I may have forgotten about

in 9.2 I moved most of the debug messages to the console instead of to the notification area, to cut down on spam. I think that might have tripped at least one of you guys up. Now it's an option, set to off by default, so you can move it if you think it's too spamy in the notifications area.

Devious cidhna is experimental, it only checks the slider and toggle, doesn't actually check if you have the mod or if you've already gone through the quest, and I haven't checked to see what would happen if you go through it twice, since that was never intended. I only added it in because it looked really easy, so thought I would throw it together quickly for the users who wanted it.

Edit: well, I somehow added a separator to the debug tab and after making some of the toggles longer they're now harder to read, not worth hotfixing though

To be clear, from what I can see, once DE seems to stop working (IE, no debug messaes appear any more and no more approaches happen), what I have to do is MAKE SURE to uncheck DE showing debug messages, then save, then exit Skyrim, then restart and reload.  If debug messages stop showing up and I save without unchecking debug info, and I reload that save, then I can eventually get debug messages (and thus a working DE), but it takes a different # of saving and reloading to get things starting again.

However, once I start getting the dhlp is suspended message, nothing I do seems to get DE to a functional state.  I can get rid of those messages by some combination of 1) reset DHLP suspend in DE MCM, 2) click on DH MCM option Attack Scenes Suspended (changes yes/no) and 3) click on Reset Running Scenes in DH MCM, but all that does with regards to DE is get DE to roll my vulnerability #'s.  No one ever approaches after that point, and I have not found a way to get a save in that state out of that state.

The thing is, once DE enslaved me (SD enslave), the dhlp running message appears, so no one ever approaches me for sex via DE (even with options set to 0 for both slavery and armbinder and 100 for sex in the DE MCM).  I just get either the loop of dhlp messages from debug or a loop of it rolling my % chances of each type of approach, but no approaches.  I don't know if that's intended, but it's not how things were in the 1.04 version I had been using (when enslaved in 1.04 people would still approach me for sex via DE).  I have yet to become unenslaved in this game, so I don't know if it would start working again at that point.

You are still supposed to be approached for sex while enslaved (with certain exceptions) that functionality hasn't changed, I think it's just the mod locking itself because it detects a DHLP suspend that's causing you issues.

i was definitely confusing relationship with morality, as your MCM option is for morality but the debug message for Ralof is for relationship - my bad on that.  Are you intentionally preventing follower types from approaches?  I'm guessing Ralof is considered a follower as I followed him from Helgen in this game.

I don't think the dialogue that is currently in the mod is suitable for being approached by a "friend" or "ally" so I left the restriction in, Chase was actually the one who put that code in, I just felt it was appropriate. Now there is a slider so you can change it however you like.

As for mods that I have installed, I post from a different PC than i play on, but the related mods I have are SD, Slaverun (new on this save), Captured Dreams, Cursed Loot (and all of their requirements which is, AFAIK, all the devious devices mods), and Devious Captures and Helpless.  Looking at Helpless and maybe Captures - I'm not sure they are needed, and my current issues seem to arise from dhlp, which seems to be related almost completely to DH, so maybe I'll stop using those 2 - or at least DH.  What they do seem to be covered by other mods, so almost seem redundant.  I've just always had them installed and never (to my knowledge) had issues with either.  Other slavery mods I don't use because they all seem to have a definite conflict other mods I'm using, so just never downloaded them.

The new approach system of cursed loot was made because Helpless is sorta abandoned, and steps on some mods. I've never run into an issue with it interfering with DE but I don't run it on my save anymore anyway, it's possible it's causing issues, but I'm not sure.

I haven't yet reproduced the effect you describe where the debug is a catalyst for the approach bugging out and the player getting stuck in DHLP on status. It's possible another one of your mods is triggering the status and leaving it on, which would lock DE and prevent it from working until a reset, but I can't be sure.

Papyrus log would give me much more detail about the exact conditions that lead to the mod hanging.

Deviously Enslaved Unofficial(v9.3 Full).7z

I only just discovered the unofficial updates, and I uninstalled the official one and cleaned my save before putting in the latest unofficial (9.3). The MCM menu shows up, but I'm not getting any message about Enslaved initializing, even after several reloads.

I only just discovered the unofficial updates, and I uninstalled the official one and cleaned my save before putting in the latest unofficial (9.3). The MCM menu shows up, but I'm not getting any message about Enslaved initializing, even after several reloads.

Do you get messages if you turn debug mode on?

You should only ever get one message "Deviously enslaved 1.04 loaded" or something once at the first load. You shouldn't get any messages after that unless debug is on.

But is the mod working? The absence of one message doesn't tell me much. Debug messages would tell us that, Papyrus log would tell me more.

Do you get messages if you turn debug mode on?

You should only ever get one message "Deviously enslaved 1.04 loaded" or something once at the first load. You shouldn't get any messages after that unless debug is on.

But is the mod working? The absence of one message doesn't tell me much. Debug messages would tell us that, Papyrus log would tell me more.

No messages at all, regardless of the debug mode toggle. Even when I first installed it, I got no message apart from the standard "Registered X new menus".

The mod is not working at all. I even tried putting my character in the middle of Slave/Whiterun decked out in full bondage gear and nobody seemed to notice.

I attached a Papyrus log of me loading a save game, standing around around for a while in bondage gear and then quitting, but I don't know how much help it will be.

Papyrus.0.log

I attached a Papyrus log of me loading a save game, standing around around for a while in bondage gear and then quitting, but I don't know how much help it will be.

Bearing in mind that I'm still fairly new to modding, I've never seen a log like this before. Searching for "crde" shows a few hundred warnings of missing properties. My best guess would be that the scripts in the save were completely different than the version in ram.

I'm not sure what would cause this. My first guess would be that you didn't install the new mod correctly, and that the scripts aren't being read correctly (read: empty) which might cause every variable to be seen as no longer available. My second guess would be unclean save, but I've never gotten this kind of error before in any situation, including bad save.

Just this one message should cripple DE from being able to work:

warning: Property mods on script crdeplayermonitorscript attached to crdePlayerMonitor (76001827) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

and there's hundreds of them, I'm not sure there is a single variable in the whole mod that initialized correctly. Crazy.

Edit: the actual errors at the top, "Unable to link type of " errors are also new to me. Never run into an issue with the linker complaining about variable types after compilation. This is just weird.

Edit 2: Alright, you said you cleaned this save before now right? I'm seeing a few too many errors for other mods in this log for me to trust that 100%

In the event that you don't find a solution yourself, can you make a log for a new save and I'll take a look at it in the morning.

Bearing in mind that I'm still fairly new to modding, I've never seen a log like this before. Searching for "crde" shows a few hundred warnings of missing properties. My best guess would be that the scripts in the save were completely different than the version in ram.

I'm not sure what would cause this. My first guess would be that you didn't install the new mod correctly, and that the scripts aren't being read correctly (read: empty) which might cause every variable to be seen as no longer available. My second guess would be unclean save, but I've never gotten this kind of error before in any situation, including bad save.

Just this one message should cripple DE from being able to work:

warning: Property mods on script crdeplayermonitorscript attached to crdePlayerMonitor (76001827) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

and there's hundreds of them, I'm not sure there is a single variable in the whole mod that initialized correctly. Crazy.

Edit: the actual errors at the top, "Unable to link type of " errors are also new to me. Never run into an issue with the linker complaining about variable types after compilation. This is just weird.

Well I don't know what I can say. I installed the mod properly, and the save's as clean as it can get. I even downloaded 9.3 again and copied it over what was already there in case a file got messed up.

EDIT: I've even tried disabling DE and clean saving again, but that didn't help. I got the Deviously Enslaved message in the top left once, but then my game crashed when I went to Slaverun, and it hasn't reappeared since.

Edit 2: Alright, you said you cleaned this save before now right? I'm seeing a few too many errors for other mods in this log for me to trust that 100%

Every time I've had to remove a mod, or deal with a major update that demanded a clean save, I've done it.

This is a character I've had for a while, but that doesn't matter. I've even been trying on a much fresher character (about an hour or so of play time) with no luck.

Besides, I can't read these logs at all so I have no clue what's happening behind the scenes.

EDIT 2X COMBO: Well I loaded a save in order to make a log for a different save cleaner, and the mod finally fired up. I'm too paranoid to quit Skyrim and reload to see if it still works now...

So i started 2 new games:

1st had installed Maria Eden... deviously enslaved worked fine (oh btw in poy club of maria eden Cursed loot should be disabled like the other 2)...the mod worked spamming messages constantly (i have debug on to better testing).

So in started another new game without maria eden installed

The mod registered but never started :(....

It was not even a clean save but a new game.

verstort means disturbed in german, right? does that mean you're easily disturbed by smaller things? xD

The alias is old, I'm not normally the kind of person who re-uses words from other languages but I was short on time, this was back before you could rename characters in a specific game.

Several definitions used loosely could be used, yes.

1st had installed Maria Eden... deviously enslaved worked fine (oh btw in poy club of maria eden Cursed loot should be disabled like the other 2)...the mod worked spamming messages constantly (i have debug on to better testing).

Odd. I'm pretty sure there are lots of users here who don't use maria's eden, but then most users don't go through the effort of testing that for me.

Are you using 1.19 or the newer 2.x beta? I'm still compiling my newer releases with 1.19 libraries becuase 2.x won't compile and it's still in beta, don't want to accidentely kill backwards compatibility.

It's unintuitive, but I've found some mods at some times (without visible pattern) will start not at the actual start of the game but after the first save/load cycle, I'm assuming saving without maria's eden, exiting the game, then reloading still doesn't start Devious enslaved?

Papyrus Log might show why it doesn't start.

Could you clarify this? "(oh btw in poy club of maria eden Cursed loot should be disabled like the other 2)" I'm not sure what you meant here.

Edit: What happens if you install Maria's eden but you don't activate the esp in the load order?

verstort means disturbed in german, right? does that mean you're easily disturbed by smaller things? xD

The alias is old, I'm not normally the kind of person who re-uses words from other languages but I was short on time, this was back before you could rename characters in a specific game.

Odd. I'm pretty sure there are lots of users here who don't use maria's eden, but then most users don't go through the effort of testing that for me.

Are you using 1.19 or the newer 2.x beta? I'm still compiling my newer releases with 1.19 libraries becuase 2.x won't compile and it's still in beta, don't want to accidentely kill backwards compatibility.

It's unintuitive, but I've found some mods at some times (without visible pattern) will start not at the actual start of the game but after the first save/load cycle, I'm assuming saving without maria's eden, exiting the game, then reloading still doesn't start Devious enslaved?

Papyrus Log might show why it doesn't start.

Could you clarify this? "(oh btw in poy club of maria eden Cursed loot should be disabled like the other 2)" I'm not sure what you meant here.

Edit: What happens if you install Maria's eden but you don't activate the esp in the load order?

-I used 9.21 of D. Enslaved (didn t see the update...will test it soon and provide papyrus)

-Used latest version of maria Eden that has 3 starting scenarios used as introductions:

1) FoxClub

2) PonyTails Club

3) Cage at Whiterun

Tested all 3 and Deviously enslaved in 2 out of 3 Debug Messages said the approach was aborted since the character was busy (or something like that).

I thought was intended to prevent Deviously Enslaved to cause issues during those scenes.

As the scenario ended infact the mod worked as expected.

-I didn't try to deactivate maria esp since i also use Live another life and in previous version of maria, even deactivating the esp, resulted in CTD (uninstall was required) also Maria replaces some textures.. and has 3 other mods related so i didn t try.

-Used latest version of maria Eden that has 3 starting scenarios used as introductions:

1) FoxClub

2) PonyTails Club

3) Cage at Whiterun

Tested all 3 and Deviously enslaved in 2 out of 3 Debug Messages said the approach was aborted since the character was busy (or something like that).

I thought was intended to prevent Deviously Enslaved to cause issues during those scenes.

As the scenario ended infact the mod worked as expected.

I haven't put in any Deviously enslaved checks for the new Maria's eden starts yet (haven't even tested it yet), DE should still be active and try to interfere, unless Maria's eden uses scenes for those parts or even use the helpless suspend, which would also stop the mod from working during those parts. Otherwise, DE needs specific instruction on when to not interfere, and I just haven't put it in yet since it's still in alpha/beta

-I didn't try to deactivate maria esp since i also use Live another life and in previous version of maria, even deactivating the esp, resulted in CTD (uninstall was required) also Maria replaces some textures.. and has 3 other mods related so i didn t try.

Deactivating the esp should leave the textures alone, but if you get a CTD then ignore that.

The new maria's eden isn't really supported by DE yet, It's not stable and I was worried putting in checks would break 1.19 compatibility since some people prefer a stable game. So long as I can detect it as a running quest I should be able to detect it without reading the esp though, so will attempt to add them into the next version.

I didn't even know there was a game start for those two brothels, I should probably go test those then on my end.

i see.still is a cool coincidence  

No the coincidence is that, in an attempt to change the word to be more original (was teenager, stupid) I changed the first letter from a Z to a V, and ended up with a different word that fit the RPG character less but fit it's creator better.

I didn't realize the letter change would still result in a legitimate word, but the meaning was better suited than the original word. Didn't realize until months later when someone pointed it out.

So I've been debugging SL mods for a while now, for an unrelated matter, installing them one by one and I've just gotten to DE and it seems I have the same problem as Damoriva. DE is registered in the MCM menu but doesn't seem to work. There was no notification that DE had started. I stood around for a good while in the sleeping giant inn wearing nothing except harness, restrictive gloves and boots and full piercings with nothing happening. 

These are the first lines of the papyrus logs that seem relevent to DE: 

Line 20: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "enslaveWC" in state "" on object "crdedistantenslavescript".
Line 22: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::DistanceEnslave_var" on object "crdeplayermonitorscript"
Line 23: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "DistanceEnslave" on object "crdeplayermonitorscript"
Line 24: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::PlayerMonitorScript_var" on object "crdeplayerscript"
Line 25: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "PlayerMonitorScript" on object "crdeplayerscript"
Line 26: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "Maintenance" in state "" on object "crdestartquestscript".
Line 27: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::Monitor_var" on object "crdetopicstartfragment"
Line 28: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "Monitor" on object "crdetopicstartfragment"
Line 29: [06/05/2015 - 02:14:16PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script crdetopicstartfragment to  (970022F1) because their base types do not match

Full log is below should you need it. DE version 9.3 btw. 

Edit: Reverted to 9.21 and loaded the save before installing 9.3 and was approached almost immediately. Seems to be something broken in the start up of 9.3. Might not affect games already running DE. 

Incidentally, I was not approached while wearing a cloak from the wet & cold or cloaks of skyrim mod. Seems to act like clothing... What exactly are the conditions to be naked? The cloaks occupy slots 40 for W&C and 40 & 46 for cloaks of skyrim. 
Forget that. Cloaks working fine.

Papyrus.0.log.7z

Redownloaded and reinstalled 9.3, seems to be working ok now. No idea why it crapped out the first time. 

What's been happening to me is that 9.3 will work for a while and then stop. Sometimes, shutting down and restarting Skyrim fixes it for a time. Other times it seems to want me to reinstall it. Sometimes it works for hours.

Just now I saved when 9.3 wasn't working. Quit and reloaded, but 9.3 still didn't work once I restarted. I shutdown again and swiched out 9.3 for 9.1. Reloaded the same save and 9.1 worked. Shutdown again and switched our 9.1 for 9.3 and reloaded the same save. 9.3 started working. With both, sometimes when the forcegreet wasn't firing, I could speak to the aggressor and have the sex convo. Sometimes the aggressor would walk over and make normal demands.

I have same problem of monoman even with the new update on a clean save...

-1 Mcm menu is registered

-no other message about deviously enslaved installation

-mod doesn t do anything

You mean 9.3 isn't working but 9.21 was? (ignoring the ME issues you had)?

I haven't found a reason for 9.3 not working, googling the errors gives me very few examples of other people having very dissimilar issues, unless you guys are all running out of date mods, and I can't reproduce it on my end.

I didn't change anything so major in 9.3, I added a few MCM options and a few checks, no big changes to the core of the mod so I don't know how it could have influenced the mod's ability to load. If anything, 9.3 should run cleaner because I double compiled every script to make sure everything was up to date (since 9.21 was backported from 10.0, and I thought some of the issues you guys had could have been from a mis-coppied script)

I'll keep testing, but since I can't reproduce it on my end and I can't interpret the errors I have no immediate solution except to revert to 9.21

Everyone: Please test on new save as well as clean save, I know I've been repeating that and it isn't always helping, but I prefer to know 100% that save corruption cannot be a factor since save cleaning is not perfect. Personally, I got real sick of reporting bugs with other mods to their authors only to find out that when I tested it on a new save it worked fine, I always test on new saves now just to avoid the annoyance of knowing several hours were wasted finding the cause of a bug that doesn't exist.

Edit: I'll try refreshing the esp, recompiling everything, and release it again with MD5 just to help eliminate the possibility of creation kit nonsense and file corruption, should be up in a few hours.