Male content call out!

Emotional outbursts happen, and they should be treated as such, they are not of any major importance... just a few ppl expressing their anguish. Why that happens though is another matter. I think the big outcry here is nobody really understands why this is happening. I don't. Why does the mod need to be surpressed like this? Why can't ppl work on it, make it better etc. The more restricted the mod is the more likely it is going to die, and in this case by a deadly choke hold by its creator.

It's his own creation, he does what he wants with it. There is no need to understand why this is happening. You don't have any right with his creation. Maybe it's unfair for people that have invested in his mod these last two years (and I'm one of them), because he decided to share it at first glance, but it is what it is. Contributors can always go on his site and share their works.

Nothing is supressed. But I know you're IP banned from his site, so maybe it's as if this was the case for you. 

There is a lot of mods no more available, with no words from authors. At least SAM is still downloadable and will be from another site. The only thing I dislike is the drama around it. If the mod was already on his site since these two years, it wouldn't have the same effect.

EULA are common these days. Even some popular mods have it but the authors just don't whine too much about it. (and it's what I dislike the most about Vector, he should learn to ignore hate and act directly against it instead of doing drama.I think doing his own site with dedicated modders/users is the best for him to be honest)

Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck about SAM itself since I've never bothered to switch from SoS.

And yes, I agree that the new arrangement is the best for everyone: VP gets the total seclusion and obscurity (save for his inner circle of sorts?) that he seems to be after, and we get to move on, ignore and not even hear of any further shitfest related to his mods.

I also agree that this drama has been going on for far too long. My position was always to just ignore the whole mess and move on, and with VP retreating to his own cave there is no better time to do it.

Hey guys, since this is the topic for male content i'd ask here, (correct me if this is the wrong topic for it) but i was asking if someone made a converion of the male vanilla skyrim armor for sos hdt. You know something like PSVAC for male since we now have the sos HDT body. I know that there was a sam shirt mod that already had this working but i searched in Loverslab and didn't find anything. 

You can try Everybody's Different I've never used it, so I'm not sure SoS would work with it. What textures are you using for SoS that is giving you the ankle issues? I've only really had neck seam with SoS. I use Unofficial Skysight Skins for SoS for my guys and they look great.

Thanks - bookmarked for study. ;)

I was using this. Aaaand I should learn to read forums.... LOL!

Heads up: this texture pack is no longer compatible with schlongs of skyrim. I looked at both and this mod's male textures, has feet texture where the newest SoS texture has the.. ahem yeah.

[facepalm]

I might have to try out that Everybody's Different mod. It was on of the things I liked about SAM was the abulity to have different body hair, but loosing the SOS shop put me off and I liked the revealing armors (which I modded into individual armors instead of replacers). I used one of Ixum's body hair textures on a SOS skeleton and the only thing I have to do was move the nipples which was easy. But it doesn't work with some of Leito's schlongs so it looks like they have this big pubic bald patch. I've been meaning to try and merge the two textures.

Have you posted that on Loverslab? I have been hoping someone made something like that for a long time. 

Hey guys, since this is the topic for male content i'd ask here, (correct me if this is the wrong topic for it) but i was asking if someone made a converion of the male vanilla skyrim armor for sos hdt. You know something like PSVAC for male since we now have the sos HDT body. I know that there was a sam shirt mod that already had this working but i searched in Loverslab and didn't find anything. 

That is something that no one has gotten around to in all of the time that I've been checking. There aren't Bodyslide compatible male clothing conversion yet,either. It will be up to people who want such things to learn the tools to make the conversions. The tutorials are out there.

Now that Skyrim Special edition is out and there is renewed interest in Skyrim by the general public, there will be other people who might take that task on to themselves. Even if not, at the very least it means a bigger audience for the mod conversions, something which can serve as a bit of encouragement to anyone looking to make them.

You can try Everybody's Different I've never used it, so I'm not sure SoS would work with it. What textures are you using for SoS that is giving you the ankle issues? I've only really had neck seam with SoS. I use Unofficial Skysight Skins for SoS for my guys and they look great.

Thanks - bookmarked for study. ;)

I was using this. Aaaand I should learn to read forums.... LOL!

Heads up: this texture pack is no longer compatible with schlongs of skyrim. I looked at both and this mod's male textures, has feet texture where the newest SoS texture has the.. ahem yeah.

[facepalm]

I might have to try out that Everybody's Different mod. It was on of the things I liked about SAM was the abulity to have different body hair, but loosing the SOS shop put me off and I liked the revealing armors (which I modded into individual armors instead of replacers). I used one of Ixum's body hair textures on a SOS skeleton and the only thing I have to do was move the nipples which was easy. But it doesn't work with some of Leito's schlongs so it looks like they have this big pubic bald patch. I've been meaning to try and merge the two textures.

Have you posted that on Loverslab? I have been hoping someone made something like that for a long time. 

I haven't yet as I am unsure on permissions. Cannot reach anyone invovled in that made to check.

Emotional outbursts happen, and they should be treated as such, they are not of any major importance... just a few ppl expressing their anguish. Why that happens though is another matter. I think the big outcry here is nobody really understands why this is happening. I don't. Why does the mod need to be surpressed like this? Why can't ppl work on it, make it better etc. The more restricted the mod is the more likely it is going to die, and in this case by a deadly choke hold by its creator.

It's his own creation, he does what he wants with it. There is no need to understand why this is happening. You don't have any right with his creation. Maybe it's unfair for people that have invested in his mod these last two years (and I'm one of them), because he decided to share it at first glance, but it is what it is. Contributors can always go on his site and share their works.

Nothing is supressed. But I know you're IP banned from his site, so maybe it's as if this was the case for you. 

There is a lot of mods no more available, with no words from authors. At least SAM is still downloadable and will be from another site. The only thing I dislike is the drama around it. If the mod was already on his site since these two years, it wouldn't have the same effect.

EULA are common these days. Even some popular mods have it but the authors just don't whine too much about it. (and it's what I dislike the most about Vector, he should learn to ignore hate and act directly against it instead of doing drama.I think doing his own site with dedicated modders/users is the best for him to be honest)

I have to agree here. Whether we like it or not, we shouldn't feel entitled or critical of VP despite our own feelings. In the end, it's his mods and it's his choice what to do with them, regardless of how we feel and it's a tad inappropriate to say he is wrong for pulling his mods from LM. That being said, I hope his site does him good and makes his work more accessible to his general audience which would be us. Not the most popular opinion but it is what it is.

To be true I get to not real why some people are so bitchy about this topic. Ok I make here no content, but I did in othe rplaces content (Second Life or Starbound...) and I`m ever happy when someone comes and improves my stuff. Guess this all is a bit of an EGO thing, perhaps launched by the idea of mentetise mods (due you can not pay tips for mods on NExus) some people perhaps think they can make oney with it.

Be it like it be. I think it is sad, and ruins the progress in Moddingcorwork, especial what the so or so real rare male content belongs. (In comparing to female / straight content).

bye the way @ Ixum

I like your videos real and what you did. I liked your once mentioning of making npc`s (tried the Orc Demon you made :-) ). Would be cool to see more like this (Incubus for example :-) )

This is onmy a mentioning I like it, not an order to do sth. .

That is something that no one has gotten around to in all of the time that I've been checking. There aren't Bodyslide compatible male clothing conversion yet,either. It will be up to people who want such things to learn the tools to make the conversions. The tutorials are out there.

Now that Skyrim Special edition is out and there is renewed interest in Skyrim by the general public, there will be other people who might take that task on to themselves. Even if not, at the very least it means a bigger audience for the mod conversions, something which can serve as a bit of encouragement to anyone looking to make them.

I'd give it a shot. If you know the tools and could name them, i'd look up the threads and try getting into it. 

I'd give it a shot. If you know the tools and could name them, i'd look up the threads and try getting into it. 

Bodyslide ought to work about the same for both male and female character bodies (as the male Bodyslide compatible SOS body attests to) so the Bodyslide Tutorial should work for converting male armors.

Bodyslide ought to work about the same for both male and female character bodies (as the male Bodyslide compatible SOS body attests to) so the Bodyslide Tutorial should work for converting male armors.

Thanks i'll take a good look at it tommorow and work on it.

There is only a _0.nif compatibility but no _1.nif

The SOS compatibility is just incomplete.

Does anyone know if you can let run SAM and SOS parallel? (In the same game)

I'm just gonna copy/paste what someone told me a long time ago , hope it'll help:

If you want to keep using SOS, there is a way to use SAMs meshes and textures, but requires a bit of manual installing/renaming/nif work:-

1. Replace the SOS male body, hands, and feet meshes in 'Data/Meshes/actors/character/character assets' folder.

2. Replace the SOS genital meshes in the 'Data/Meshes/actors/character/character assets/SOS/Smurf Average' (or VectorPlexus Regular) folder.
(You could have the Circumcised version in Smurf folder and Uncircumcised in VectorPlexus folder)

3. Rename the SAM body, hands, and head textures of your choice or just use the standard SAM textures and replace the textures in the 'Data/textures/actors/character/male' folder.
(they go from smooth to very hairy)

4. Rename the SAM genital textures of your choice or use standard SAM textures and replace the textures in the  'Data/textures/actors/character/SOS/Smurf Average' (or VectorPlexus Regular) folder.
(make sure you match the genital texture to the body texture you choose)

5. Remove the SAMunderwear in NifSkope by clicking on the underwear mesh and select 'remove branch'.

6. Reapply the hdtm.xmls to all genital nifs.

SAM Body and textures using SOS 

SAM.jpg

Foreskin (uncircumcised)

Fore.jpg

[ ... ]

I guess this is from the times when some mods had SOS as a requirement or were working only with SOS. But now there is no real gain in doing it. What's more this way you loose all the scaling options provided by SAM (the Samuel and Samson stuff). 

The way I understand the question is if you can have the both at the same time in the game. This is been asked several times and the answer seems to be that there is currently no publicly available mod that would make this possible. 

There are mods that allow for different body types however the male body has a small (or big :-) ) difference from the female one - the schlong. I can see Unique Everything includes a male body that has the dick as part of the body mesh. The key is to make SAM and SOS coexist without fighting for the dick of every male (pun intended :-) )

It should be possible to make such a mod. For example have additional races - nord_sos and nord_sam and every time a NPC is spawned check in a formalist for his race and if he is not there choose his race at random and add it. Then change the supported races of  SOS and SAM so they know which NPCs to schlongify. And it should work.

The problem is that such a mod would require modification to SAM's scripting and with the current developments around SAM I don't see somebody publishing a mod like this even if they actually create it.

However now when I wrote this I can think of a possibility to not make any changes to SAM. If SAM is left to schlongify the vanilla races as it does, then SOS can be tweaked to only accept the custom ones. Need to think about this a bit more ... :-)

Added:

A problem with this approach can be incompatibility with other mods that have race checks and would expect that all nords are nords and not nord_sos.

Another option is not to go for different races but have a list of NPC's that says which body they have, but then it is not possible to do without making changes to the SAM scripts. And also you would want the NPCs to wear the correct armors.

The question comes mainly because. As far I see does SAM not interfer NPC`s (you made not yourselfe by hand) it effects only Your maincharacter.

Instead of SOS, effects all NPc`s, and natural you have tons of armors and replacers....

But on the other hand SOS is limited in the bodysliders (or better not existing). So we come to the all looks same thingi. Or to see it here, as SOS user you can not use for example Ixums Presets.

The question comes mainly because. As far I see does SAM not interfer NPC`s (you made not yourselfe by hand) it effects only Your maincharacter.

Instead of SOS, effects all NPc`s, and natural you have tons of armors and replacers....

But on the other hand SOS is limited in the bodysliders (or better not existing). So we come to the all looks same thingi. Or to see it here, as SOS user you can not use for example Ixums Presets.

Umm, not sure what you mean.

SAM is like SOS in this regard - it affects all male bodies in the game - the player character and all adult male NPCs (except NPC from some mods that come with their own body but there are just few of those).

I and other people want them both in the game because we want some diversity. 

In choosing between SOS and SAM it is important that:

- SOS has a variety of schlong addons but no body "sliders"

- SAM has the body morphs, but has only one schlong type

- SOS has a full set of redesigned revealing "schlongified" armors

- SAM has all armors (I think) refitted, but only several revealing

Whatwhat? Is that presets with face and body adjustments or only body presets? 

If somone has the time and is using SoS, please test this preset, it has both (requires my tattoo mod, see sign)

IxumIncubus2.7z

If somone has the time and is using SoS, please test this preset, it has both (requires my tattoo mod, see sign)

When I try your Preset, for example the hands turn Blue and there is (under SOS) no slider (in all menus) who can effect this. (this is too written in the supporttopic of your mod.

Your presets work, they require a bit of tweaking for some things but they work.

The tattoos work too, but the nipples are slightly off.  Not really a big deal.

http://imgur.com/a/i3rN4

Your presets work, they require a bit of tweaking for some things but they work.

The tattoos work too, but the nipples are slightly off.  Not really a big deal.

http://imgur.com/a/i3rN4

Nipples are off because these are made for SAM, the UV for SAM and SOS are slightly different, mainly the chest and inner thighs.