Male content call out!

Guys, is there an md/script that makes characaters more than just heterosexual? I noticed when selecting characters in the SexLab Settings that all of them are straight, including creatures. Personally I would normally put creatures as bisexual as it's closest to pansexual but for a gay player, a majority of the male characters are default selected to straight.

I thought in the old days it was more balanced but I cannot remember if I had a third party mod to do that or SexLab just did it better back then.

Guys, is there an md/script that makes characaters more than just heterosexual? I noticed when selecting characters in the SexLab Settings that all of them are straight, including creatures. Personally I would normally put creatures as bisexual as it's closest to pansexual but for a gay player, a majority of the male characters are default selected to straight.

I thought in the old days it was more balanced but I cannot remember if I had a third party mod to do that or SexLab just did it better back then.

I would like that also.

My experience with the older Sexlab was that most of the NPCs were Bi.  Something changed in the last couple of updates that seems to have changed them to mostly straight. 

I tried playing around with the script to switch the straight with gay; but, failed miserably.  So I went into the translations file and changed Hetro to Undecided.  That way everyone I meet is undecided until I have sex with them, and then I set them as gay.   :lol:  

What I would really like is a mod (or a change in SL) that sets preference based on whom I have sex with ( yet still be configurable).  That way, if I have sex with a male, then we are both set as gay.  Then if I have sex with a female, it would set her as straight and me as bi.  If I then have sex with a creature or animal then we would both be set as pan.

On another thread (can't remember where), BeamerMiasma mentioned that he is adding a percentage sexuality option to SLEN.

"Funnily", I have brought this up recently on the Sexlab dev topic, but haven't heard anything back. So yah... it seems for now the new SLEN (not out yet) would be the best option to diversify?

I myself have many, many times tried to figure out how the sexual preference is handled in SL, so I could mayhaps make a mod/ script that adds more variety, but alas... I have never been able to find it.

But, I think you are correct. SL DID used to handle it much better in them thar Olden Days.

P.S. *pokes Tweens with a turnip*

EDIT: Found the post of Beamer: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/70561-npc-sexual-preferences-in-sexlab/?p=1765889

On another thread (can't remember where), BeamerMiasma mentioned that he is adding a percentage sexuality option to SLEN.

"Funnily", I have brought this up recently on the Sexlab dev topic, but haven't heard anything back. So yah... it seems for now the new SLEN (not out yet) would be the best option to diversify?

I myself have many, many times tried to figure out how the sexual preference is handled in SL, so I could mayhaps make a mod/ script that adds more variety, but alas... I have never been able to find it.

But, I think you are correct. SL DID used to handle it much better in them thar Olden Days.

P.S. *pokes Tweens with a turnip*

EDIT: Found the post of Beamer: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/70561-npc-sexual-preferences-in-sexlab/?p=1765889

*Tweens like poke... huzza!*  :lol:

The script that I was playing around with is in the sslActorStats.psc.  It's the only place that I could find sexuality. 

snippit:

; --- Sexuality Stats --- ;

; ------------------------------------------------------- ;

function AdjustSexuality(Actor ActorRef, int Males, int Females)

bool IsFemale = GetGender(ActorRef) == 1

float Ratio = _GetSkill(ActorRef, kSexuality)

if Ratio == 0.0

Ratio = 80.0

endIf

if IsFemale

Ratio += (Males - Females)

else

Ratio += (Females - Males)

endIf

_SetSkill(ActorRef, kSexuality, ClampFloat(Ratio, 1.0, 100.0) as float)

endFunction

int function GetSexuality(Actor ActorRef)

if Ratio > 0.0

return Ratio as int

else

return 100

endIf

endFunction

string function GetSexualityTitle(Actor ActorRef)

float ratio = _GetSkill(ActorRef, kSexuality)

; Return sexuality title

if ratio >= 65.0 || ratio == 0.0

return "$SSL_Heterosexual"

elseif ratio < 65.0 && ratio > 35.0

return "$SSL_Bisexual"

elseif GetGender(ActorRef) == 1

return "$SSL_Lesbian"

else

return "$SSL_Gay"

endIf

endFunction

bool function IsStraight(Actor ActorRef)

return _GetSkill(ActorRef, kSexuality) >= 65.0

endFunction

bool function IsBisexual(Actor ActorRef)

return ratio < 65.0 && ratio > 35.0

endFunction

bool function IsGay(Actor ActorRef)

return _GetSkill(ActorRef, kSexuality) <= 35.0

endFunction

I tried switching gay and hetro; and, while it did compile, it wouldn't work in game.  I don't know enough about scripting to do anything else. 

[snipped]

*Tweens like poke... huzza!*  :lol:

The script that I was playing around with is in the sslActorStats.psc.  It's the only place that I could find sexuality. 

snippit:

; --- Sexuality Stats --- ;

; ------------------------------------------------------- ;

function AdjustSexuality(Actor ActorRef, int Males, int Females)

bool IsFemale = GetGender(ActorRef) == 1

if Ratio == 0.0

Ratio = 80.0

endIf

if IsFemale

Ratio += (Males - Females)

else

Ratio += (Females - Males)

endIf

_SetSkill(ActorRef, kSexuality, ClampFloat(Ratio, 1.0, 100.0) as float)

endFunction

int function GetSexuality(Actor ActorRef)

if Ratio > 0.0

return Ratio as int

else

return 100

endIf

endFunction

string function GetSexualityTitle(Actor ActorRef)

; Return sexuality title

if ratio >= 65.0 || ratio == 0.0

return "$SSL_Heterosexual"

elseif ratio < 65.0 && ratio > 35.0

return "$SSL_Bisexual"

elseif GetGender(ActorRef) == 1

return "$SSL_Lesbian"

else

return "$SSL_Gay"

endIf

endFunction

bool function IsStraight(Actor ActorRef)

return _GetSkill(ActorRef, kSexuality) >= 65.0

endFunction

bool function IsBisexual(Actor ActorRef)

return ratio < 65.0 && ratio > 35.0

endFunction

bool function IsGay(Actor ActorRef)

return _GetSkill(ActorRef, kSexuality) <= 35.0

endFunction

I tried switching gay and hetro; and, while it did compile, it wouldn't work in game.  I don't know enough about scripting to do anything else. 

The problem I ran into was this kSexuality. I will take a peek at it again later, it's been a while since I looked at it.

*pokes Tweens with a daikon*

I would like that also.

My experience with the older Sexlab was that most of the NPCs were Bi.  Something changed in the last couple of updates that seems to have changed them to mostly straight. 

I tried playing around with the script to switch the straight with gay; but, failed miserably.  So I went into the translations file and changed Hetro to Undecided.  That way everyone I meet is undecided until I have sex with them, and then I set them as gay.   :lol:  

What I would really like is a mod (or a change in SL) that sets preference based on whom I have sex with ( yet still be configurable).  That way, if I have sex with a male, then we are both set as gay.  Then if I have sex with a female, it would set her as straight and me as bi.  If I then have sex with a creature or animal then we would both be set as pan.

But, I think you are correct. SL DID use to handle it much better in them thar Olden Days.

Well at least I now know I'm not crazy and I'm not alone in the thought. I'd happily have some really small lightweight mod or even a script patch to make it more diverse. I wouldn't mind not having an MCM menu to change options, just to know in the background, something is happening.

SexLab Attraction has some sliders sexuality weight but I'm not seeing any difference using them any more (it was last updated in 2014). When I first played I would always set the options to add loads of gay characters and very little straight or bi characters and I found everyone to be gay. Now I am more grown into the game that I like a more balanced play like 45% straight, 35% bisexual and 20% gay (I like the idea of Ognar getting a bow for my Bosmer male behind the ale creates while Delphine is cleaning, heh). Frustrating that I have the more masculine level lists and so loads of menu but lack of homobros to get interested in me without having to go in and changing it in SexLab manually each and every NPC I meet.

I have played SLEN in the past but I use to get a lot of issues (meaning never got past Riverwood) as when SLEN activated I would somehow end up in the sky fan falling to be death. I have heard of the cheesy pick up line about falling to earth but that was ridiculous. I also got the teleport issue where I'd get a black load screen before the scene starts. But that was a year ago. I might have to give this new version a go. But that is exactly what we are all looking for; just a shame we cannot have it in a separate light mod. @Vachnic you can study the code then and maybe give us one, maybe even take some ideas suggested from@Tweens; I'd prefer all my creatures to be listed as pansexual predators. XD

just a shame we cannot have it in a separate light mod.

Well, I just posted on the SLEN topic asking Beamer, very um... nicely, if he could perhaps also release just the sexual preference part as a seperate mod. So who knows? Maybe if more people ask him, he might be more inclined? *hint hint*

just a shame we cannot have it in a separate light mod.

Well, I just posted on the SLEN topic asking Beamer, very um... nicely, if he could perhaps also release just the sexual preference part as a seperate mod. So who knows? Maybe if more people ask him, he might be more inclined? *hint hint*

On my way!

I'm really excited about this.  Sexuality that is more automatic and appropriate for our play-style.  It is one of the biggest immersion breakers for me. 

<Stern face>  This needs to happen; some how, some way.  Since holding my breath and stomping my feet has thus far been ineffective:  I shall be holding any future animations hostage until I get what I want.  

oh, and get off my lawn.....

;):P:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I would be more interested in would be check boxes of "turn ons" that would raise arousal quicker such as:

hieght: tall/average/short,  

weight: skinny/average/muscular, 

hung: small/average/large, 

hair: smooth/average/hairy,

voice: soprano/tenor/bass,

maybe a kink option, your attracted to really specific things. race, sweaty, oil, leather or gear, heavy armor, occupation 

and so on...

Instead of a mod saying I wasn't attracted to a NPC (when I definately was) If it contained enough qualifiers, I would be naturally attracted to them. say, three out of five qualities.

This would be a good thing in @ffabris' The Manipulator mod actually. Surprised he hasn't thought of it yet! Still. Better as a standalone small lightweight thing.

What I would be more interested in would be check boxes of "turn ons" that would raise arousal quicker such as:

hieght: tall/average/short,  

weight: skinny/average/muscular, 

hung: small/average/large, 

hair: smooth/average/hairy,

voice: soprano/tenor/bass, 

and so on...

Instead of a mod saying I wasn't attracted to a NPC (when I definately was) If it contained enough qualifiers, I would be naturally attracted to them. say, three out of five qualities.

You can do some of this with SexLab Attraction but you have edit some of the preferences. But because we are finding that all males are heteroseual, until you make them bi or gay in game, they won't even consider you attractive cuase you're not female.

Guest ffabris

Yikes! Pointy veggies!

So uhm, a few thoughts .... First, I don't think many mods actually use SL or SLA sexuality to determine whether sex can happen or not. (Added fun: there are two separate settings which are totally unconnected; which to use?) At most, SLA sexuality may be used for arousal. So, not really sure what the point is in messing with either of the two.

That said, Manipulator allows both sexuality values to be changed - per NPC. Yes, it isn't automatic - by design. Say you have the hots for Orgnar; you would want him to be always gay (or maybe bi), not randomly gay one play through, and straight the next. No? So yeah, you have to visit each NPC you care about, and set sexuality. But once only, since you can then reload the data (if you saved it). From my perspective, what Manipulator does is ample.

As for the turn-ons, that's been done in SexLife. I don't think such a thing fits with Manipulator's design philosophy, really. Now, setting turn-ons in SexLife is frankly horrifically tedious. But it does the job that was mentioned here, I think. And again, you set once then forget about it.

Side note: how the heck would you get an NPC to automagically respond to (for example) blond hair, or a hairy body?

[pokes everyone with a sharpened turnip...]

Yikes! Pointy veggies!

So uhm, a few thoughts .... First, I don't think many mods actually use SL or SLA sexuality to determine whether sex can happen or not. (Added fun: there are two separate settings which are totally unconnected; which to use?) At most, SLA sexuality may be used for arousal. So, not really sure what the point is in messing with either of the two.

That said, Manipulator allows both sexuality values to be changed - per NPC. Yes, it isn't automatic - by design. Say you have the hots for Orgnar; you would want him to be always gay (or maybe bi), not randomly gay one play through, and straight the next. No? So yeah, you have to visit each NPC you care about, and set sexuality. But once only, since you can then reload the data (if you saved it). From my perspective, what Manipulator does is ample.

As for the turn-ons, that's been done in SexLife. I don't think such a thing fits with Manipulator's design philosophy, really. Now, setting turn-ons in SexLife is frankly horrifically tedious. But it does the job that was mentioned here, I think. And again, you set once then forget about it.

Side note: how the heck would you get an NPC to automagically respond to (for example) blond hair, or a hairy body?

[pokes everyone with a sharpened turnip...]

Eyey! Keep them away from me! You... you... veggie

I think it's for immersion. Also there are mods which actually do use the sexuality. For example, Defeat can use the sexuality in SexLab to determine if the agressor will sexually assault the player. Instead, I have to set it so every male will assault me. The sexuality will be able to allow it to be mixed up a bit more.

It does have it's uses and it's a shame that people don't utilize it more.

Guest ffabris

I think it's for immersion. Also there are mods which actually do use the sexuality. For example, Defeat can use the sexuality in SexLab to determine if the agressor will sexually assault the player. Instead, I have to set it so every male will assault me. The sexuality will be able to allow it to be mixed up a bit more.

OK, but which sexuality? SexLab or Aroused? The answer doesn't really matter; rather, I'm just making the point that there are two, and mods can use either one. Fun, huh?

Anyway, while not ideal, Manipulator does much of what was asked.

OK, but which sexuality? SexLab or Aroused? The answer doesn't really matter; rather, I'm just making the point that there are two, and mods can use either one. Fun, huh?

Anyway, while not ideal, Manipulator does much of what was asked.

Most mods count on SexLab. Where you can set them in Aroused, Aroused also has an option to pull it's data from SexLab (which is pretty good I think cause it thinks about this option).

well, personally, I use Manipulator to set sexuality, and rely on Sexlab Aroused to work the arousal level. I dodn't know about Sexlife. I may have run across it but most mods are hetero-slanted and not very male/male friendly. I just wanted a mod that increased aousal being around particular types of NPC's  ex. Tall, muscular, nords, / muscular, orc, blacksmiths. etc

when I do a status with Sexlab Arousal, it will often say I'm not interested in the NPC when in fact I am.

yeah, I didn't think of how the mod would detect bodyhair, although there may be a way if using SAM. I'm currently using Everybody's Different with SOS and think that would be impossible.

I will give Sexlife another look.

Guest ffabris

Most mods count on SexLab. Where you can set them in Aroused, Aroused also has an option to pull it's data from SexLab (which is pretty good I think cause it thinks about this option).

Many, perhaps. Not all. And I'd say most don't use either one. LOL

I have yet to find the source code for the SexLab SKSE plugins so I can verify that, but it seems to me SL is using the functions in the dll for everything it does when it has to decide itself. The papyrus functions are only an API. I think this is the reason why changing the functions about the sexuality in the papyrus doesn't matter. There are similar functions in the dll that are actually been used.

As ffabris pointed out - almost no mod is using the sexuality flags of SL. The easiest thing to do would be to change the mods that do use it. 

For example - change the functions in Defeat that is doing that. And if there is another mod, do the same for it. 

(All mods that I'm using have their own settings for the types of sex so I don't really know what other mods rely on SL for that)

For example in Defeat:

There are 2 files and a total of 12 lines that check the SL sexuality. You can change them and get any result you want.

post-925979-0-58861700-1482826971_thumb.jpg

In fact the lines you will need to change are only few. 

For example the function "CheckGender" when your character is been hit has only two lines to be changed if you are playing a male character and have Defeat check the sexual orientation of the attacker (starting at line 139 in DefeatNVNOnHitScr.psc):

If (Gender == 0)
	Return (RessConfig.SexLab.Stats.IsGay(Aggressor) || RessConfig.SexLab.Stats.IsBisexual(Aggressor))
Elseif (Gender == 1)
	Return (RessConfig.SexLab.Stats.IsStraight(Aggressor) || RessConfig.SexLab.Stats.IsBisexual(Aggressor))
Endif

Depending on what you want to achieve you can get a random number and decide if the bandit is gay or straight or bi. 

For example you can get a random number between 1 and 4 and decide that : 1 or 2 = bi, 3 = gay, 4 = straight. Depending on the orientation probability you want people to have. 

Added: I have updated the Spoiler with an example.

We aren't looking to get rid of diversity, we are wanting to increase it. I don't want to play a game where every character is gay or every character is straight. Same way I don't want to play a game where every character is naked or every character is a muscle buff. As you say, almost no mod uses it. But the ones that do have an effect on it.

We aren't looking to get rid of diversity, we are wanting to increase it. I don't want to play a game where every character is gay or every character is straight. Same way I don't want to play a game where every character is naked or every character is a muscle buff. As you say, almost no mod uses it. But the ones that do have an effect on it.

That's what my example does - makes most of the NPC bi. By editing those few lines you can introduce any level of diversity you want. 

You affect the probability that a NPC is straight/gay/bi. As I understand you don't want them all to be bisexual. My example covers exactly that. 

My example was with Defeat because it is the only mod I have that uses the SL flags. 

All Nude Play, Scent Of Sex, SL Mass MatchMaker, Random Sex, TDF Prostitution, Sex Life - they all have their own settings for the types of sex they start.  

Until I read that here I didn't realize some mod is using the SL flags. I'm using Defeat without the checks.

It all depends on your head cannon for the in-game world. In my game everybody is bi - I have allowed gay and straight sex for both genders. As a result - you can't get anything more diverse than that. And you don't need the SL flags for any of it.

Similarly for the clothes - in my head cannon there is no religion on Nirn that would have put a special stigma on some specific part of the human body so covering the genitalia is the same as covering the arms and hands - a question of choice. Using the revealing armors for SOS is the best solution for me. 

My post was a direct response to the problem you are talking about. I simply showed the best way to fix it. 

That's what my example does - makes most of the NPC bi. By editing those few lines you can introduce any level of diversity you want. 

You affect the probability that a NPC is straight/gay/bi. As I understand you don't want them all to be bisexual. My example covers exactly that. 

My example was with Defeat because it is the only mod I have that uses the SL flags. 

All Nude Play, Scent Of Sex, SL Mass MatchMaker, Random Sex, TDF Prostitution, Sex Life - they all have their own settings for the types of sex they start.  

Until I read that here I didn't realize some mod is using the SL flags. I'm using Defeat without the checks.

It all depends on your head cannon for the in-game world. In my game everybody is bi - I have allowed gay and straight sex for both genders. As a result - you can't get anything more diverse than that. And you don't need the SL flags for any of it.

Similarly for the clothes - in my head cannon there is no religion on Nirn that would have put a special stigma on some specific part of the human body so covering the genitalia is the same as covering the arms and hands - a question of choice. Using the revealing armors for SOS is the best solution for me. 

My post was a direct response to the problem you are talking about. I simply showed the best way to fix it. 

Oh, appologises. I misread it as I thought it was in answer to ffabris. That's me learning not to answer posts when you just wake up, haha.

But I like how you mentioned the use of head cannon. Probably the best words to use in this. It's what makes some of us pick our mods and play throughs. Which is why I love MO has I have about three profiles for different concepts and head cannons. :D

There is also the question of efficiency. I'm using several mods of the type "populated" and I have quite a lot of NPC roaming around. 

I don't want a mod that would create lists of thousands of NPC, just to achieve something I will never notice in the game. 

For me the only NPC that are around me long enough in order for me to care about their sexuality are the followers.

Most of the mods provide some kind of follower management but it is usually not good enough. I started experimenting recently with Scent Of Sex and it seems it has the best options in shaping the sexual diversity in the in-game world. 

My point is - there are two ways to approach the sexual preferences of the NPC :

1. Create a pool of information for the orientation of each and every NPC and carry this list from save to save 

2. Decide on the spot what the relevant orientation is for a sex act that should or can be started.

The second approach involves less overhead and is more efficient from purely technical point of view. Probably the best solution is a mix of those two. But this is irrelevant as the most popular sex-starting mods are not made to consult an external source for info. 

Fixing the problem with the sexual orientation would require editing more mods. Because just trying to fix the way SL approaches it will result to nothing when (almost) nobody is using it. I think Scent Of Sex has the most potential in developing this further as it is in active development and has the infrastructure already in place.