Best sos-compatible male textures??

Hey guys!! 

All the male body textures i managed to find are really low-res  :s

I'm using SOS and wanted to know what textures do you guys recommend/use since i'm new to modding Skyrim (i know better late than never)

I prefer hairy  :P

I really like Smooth Male Body. I have genox faces in these screens.

I'm using geonox faces too and i get such bad neck seams because the faces are like 4k or whatever and the body textures are a much lower resolution.

The textures that  GimmeBACON didn't solve the issue.

post-877027-0-88513500-1440578663_thumb.jpg

see??

But the seams aren't so apparent in your character , probably the body textures you're using are what i was looking for , just wish there was a hairy option :(

Ps : awesome character ;)

Hey guys!! 

All the male body textures i managed to find are really low-res  :s

I'm using SOS and wanted to know what textures do you guys recommend/use since i'm new to modding Skyrim (i know better late than never)

I prefer hairy  :P

I really like Smooth Male Body. I have genox faces in these screens.

I'm using geonox faces too and i get such bad neck seams because the faces are like 4k or whatever and the body textures are a much lower resolution.

The textures that  GimmeBACON didn't solve the issue.

attachicon.gifenb 2015_08_26 08_38_35_35.jpg

see??

But the seams aren't so apparent in your character , probably the body textures you're using are what i was looking for , just wish there was a hairy option :(

Ps : awesome character ;)

Ty, Only mods i have for males are the smooth male body, SoS, and geonox faces. And sexy "sexy sweat for him" sometimes.

You could consider switching to SAM , as that has better quality textures and meshes and has a few retextures on nexus too (some of them are hairy).

If you want to keep using SOS, there is a way to use SAMs meshes and textures, but requires a bit of manual installing/renaming/nif work:-

1. Replace the SOS male body, hands, and feet meshes in 'Data/Meshes/actors/character/character assets' folder.

2. Replace the SOS genital meshes in the 'Data/Meshes/actors/character/character assets/SOS/Smurf Average' (or VectorPlexus Regular) folder.

(You could have the Circumcised version in Smurf folder and Uncircumcised in VectorPlexus folder)

3. Rename the SAM body, hands, and head textures of your choice or just use the standard SAM textures and replace the textures in the 'Data/textures/actors/character/male' folder.

(they go from smooth to very hairy)

4. Rename the SAM genital textures of your choice or use standard SAM textures and replace the textures in the  'Data/textures/actors/character/SOS/Smurf Average' (or VectorPlexus Regular) folder.

(make sure you match the genital texture to the body texture you choose)

5. Remove the SAMunderwear in NifSkope by clicking on the underwear mesh and select 'remove branch'.

6. Reapply the hdtm.xmls to all genital nifs.

SAM Body and textures using SOS 

SAM.jpg

Foreskin (uncircumcised)

Fore.jpg

It is not so easy to find the male body re-texture on SoS which can satisfy BOTH hairiness and high-res quality. 

1. Hairy re-texture for SoS (full)

In addition to SOS - Custom Body Textures by Lord Skaas, already mentioned above, 

one more extra-hairy texture for SoS (full) is available on nexus: 

Another Hairy Body Textures For Schlongs of Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56487/ 

I think this is the closest one you're looking for. 

As a one of its variants, Full-Bear version is also available. 

Full-Bear version, however, includes both body and face (&neck) re-texture, and the latter is not so high-res.

In principle, it gets difficult to neglect the body-face texture mismatch (& neck seam) as you use the hairier re-texture.

One solution is to use the pair body-face re-texture, as I mentioned above,

but the problem is that there is no high-res hairy head (neck) texture available now on nexus. 

The third candidate of 'hairy' re-texture is Bears of Skyrim: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60485/

2. High-Res Body re-texture for SoS

The most detailed and seamless re-texture for SoS WAS CMO - Complete Male Overhaul - Skyrim's Men Reimagined, 

but the mod have been taken down from Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54568/

Unfortunately, the 'hairy' option of this mod was not so hairy even compared with the original SoS texture. 

Another high-res re-texture is Fair men RTexture: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53667/ 

It also includes 'hairy' high-res variant, but the hairiness of that texture is at most as the same as SoS original-hairy one, I suppose.

• 1 month later...

gg

@Stevierage this is the only way i could figure out how to comment lol as i am a new member i got up to step 6 but i can't figure out how to reapply the hdtm.xmls files as i can't even find any is that part only if i have HDT installed or something im totally lost on that part any help would be much appreciated.
  • 2 months later...

You could consider switching to SAM , as that has better quality textures and meshes and has a few retextures on nexus too (some of them are hairy).

If you want to keep using SOS, there is a way to use SAMs meshes and textures, but requires a bit of manual installing/renaming/nif work:-

2. Replace the SOS genital meshes in the 'Data/Meshes/actors/character/character assets/SOS/Smurf Average' (or VectorPlexus Regular) folder.

(You could have the Circumcised version in Smurf folder and Uncircumcised in VectorPlexus folder)

SAM.jpg

Foreskin (uncircumcised)

Fore.jpg

How do I get the circumcised version of the SAM genital mesh?

In-game? Just make sure the "cut" option is unchecked. If you're using an older version (shouldn't be a problem, since older ones were generally removed after Racemenu, XPMSE, and SAM all decided to finally play nice), you might need to check the option instead.

1. Replace the SOS male body, hands, and feet meshes in 'Data/Meshes/actors/character/character assets' folder.

3. Rename the SAM body, hands, and head textures of your choice or just use the standard SAM textures and replace the textures in the 'Data/textures/actors/character/male' folder.

4. Rename the SAM genital textures of your choice or use standard SAM textures and replace the textures in the  'Data/textures/actors/character/SOS/Smurf Average' (or VectorPlexus Regular) folder.

5. Remove the SAMunderwear in NifSkope by clicking on the underwear mesh and select 'remove branch'.

SAM.jpg

Foreskin (uncircumcised)

Fore.jpg

I'd tried moving to SAM a while ago but I could never get them to work just right together with my custom races.(in MO)

What do I do to get the varied SOS schlongs working with SAM? SOS Light?

I think that link is dead, but you can still go to that place and search for SAM, as it has been updated.

The updated version may have the (un)circumcised meshes, but they do provide a link to the old version that had them.

(Personally i don't use SAM, i'm happy with using SOS with the (old) SAM meshes and textures).

I'd tried moving to SAM a while ago but I could never get them to work just right together with my custom races.(in MO)

What do I do to get the varied SOS schlongs working with SAM? SOS Light?

Same as above, you could try the updated version of SAM.

SOS schlongs are not compatible with SAM meshes etc, so you can't use the varied SOS schlongs that are available with SAM.

(I haven't checked but SAM might have (specialized) schlongs for the Khajiit and Argonians in the updated version). 

• 2 weeks later...

SAM.jpg

Foreskin (uncircumcised)

Fore.jpg

Does SAM interfere with schlongs for females?

I think that link is dead, but you can still go to that place and search for SAM, as it has been updated.

The updated version may have the (un)circumcised meshes, but they do provide a link to the old version that had them.

(Personally i don't use SAM, i'm happy with using SOS with the (old) SAM meshes and textures).

From what I understand from nifskope, isn't the foreskin part of the mesh? In SAM, the un/circumcised option is a MCM option, therefore I doubt it is a separate mesh file (i think?). On the other hand, I'm now pinning my hopes on the SoS SkySight Skins (however long those hopes might take!). Currently trying to make Fair Men Rtexture work (haven't figured out why the genital textures look markedly different from the body, _s _sk, _msn?).

Yes the foreskin is part of the mesh, and yes the option to have it or not is in the MCM menu for SAM, but SOS does not have that option.

My instructions are for people that want to use the SAM meshes and textures but want to continue using SOS.

But you can use the uncircumcised mesh and remove the foreskin with 'remove branch' in nifskope and save it in the other folder.

(uncircumcised in the Smurf folder and removed foreskin (circumcised) in the Vectorplexus folder).

Does SAM interfere with schlongs for females?

I don't know tbh, i don't use schlongs for females.

I can only guess is that if the females use the same schlong as males, then yes they will interfere.

If females use a separate folder for the schlong, then no they will not interfere.

Also, i think the schlongs for females is an addon for SOS?, so i'm not sure how it will work with SAM.

SAM.jpg

Foreskin (uncircumcised)

Fore.jpg

I cant for the life of me get this to work, and i really like the way your character looks. SAM causes my save games to go on an infinite loop, so im stuck with SOS. But cant find any good textures. Any way you could upload the file your using if you still have it installed? Id really appreciate it. 

• 2 months later...

It's a shame there are pretty much no good skin textures for SOS Light. I find it far preferable to SOS full or SAM. I don't need all that other crap. I just want men to look and work like men, not like ken dolls. So It's either have pretty men, or anatomically correct men and that sucks.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Seems to me like we topsy-turvied. Looking on the Nexus or here either place and all I find is hairy men, or a few plastic skin versions. Maybe it's all in my ENB, idk. There are so many things you can do with females now. It is so hard to make a male follower. Almost just want to revert to using a female body with flat breasts and give him a unp sos addon. I hate when a particular style is pushed upon consumers. Not everybody likes hairy either. I find it repulsive actually. All my men are so ugly in the game. It is no wonder why there are hardly no male replacers or followers. Why can't we have bodyslide options for men? Hair length, muscle mass, pecs or no pecs, or why do the nipples always have to be pointing outwards like a bodybuilder? UUNP allows even nipple distance manipulation. Very custom. Why has this not been done for the males of Skyrim? In Skyrim, I have no alternative but to be lesbian with today's choices.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 11:20 AM, AndragonFirefly said:

Seems to me like we topsy-turvied. Looking on the Nexus or here either place and all I find is hairy men, or a few plastic skin versions. Maybe it's all in my ENB, idk. There are so many things you can do with females now. It is so hard to make a male follower. Almost just want to revert to using a female body with flat breasts and give him a unp sos addon. I hate when a particular style is pushed upon consumers. Not everybody likes hairy either. I find it repulsive actually. All my men are so ugly in the game. It is no wonder why there are hardly no male replacers or followers. Why can't we have bodyslide options for men? Hair length, muscle mass, pecs or no pecs, or why do the nipples always have to be pointing outwards like a bodybuilder? UUNP allows even nipple distance manipulation. Very custom. Why has this not been done for the males of Skyrim? In Skyrim, I have no alternative but to be lesbian with today's choices.

There are options for males in Bodyslide and a proper HDT enabled mesh to use it one.

I have a custom blend I made that is hairy and SOS. It's mostly Skysight with elements from other male textures. Two face options! :) Made for personal use/taste, but figured I'd share here since people are looking. I only use VectorPlexus regular, so I'm not sure if the texture for genitals works for smurf and muscular as well, you'd have to try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bk5e8mgrbwmd5j/Nymphetta Skysight SOS.7z?dl=0

Sample shots:

https://imgur.com/VE8kCzZ

https://imgur.com/TKmX2Xz

EDIT: Forgot where I was, I can share full body shots here! :D That's refreshing.

https://imgur.com/0P7bYRu

https://imgur.com/nqSSpyH

14 hours ago, nymphetta said:

I have a custom blend I made that is hairy and SOS. It's mostly Skysight with elements from other male textures. Two face options! :) Made for personal use/taste, but figured I'd share here since people are looking. I only use VectorPlexus regular, so I'm not sure if the texture for genitals works for smurf and muscular as well, you'd have to try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bk5e8mgrbwmd5j/Nymphetta Skysight SOS.7z?dl=0

Sample shots:

https://imgur.com/VE8kCzZ

https://imgur.com/TKmX2Xz

EDIT: Forgot where I was, I can share full body shots here! :D That's refreshing.

https://imgur.com/0P7bYRu

https://imgur.com/nqSSpyH

thank you

very much

youu are true sweet love ^^

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...