Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Please, i am losing my mind here. Can someone break it down to me in layman's terms. Is 28a or 28b lighter in CPU load, in DEFAULT settings? Cause as i understand it, one of the 2 must be heavier. Thanks.

Get 28b, as far as heavier/lighter...

MCM options that can make papyrus heavier/lighter.

~ toggle, line of sight, if the NPC doesn't see a nude actor, their arousal won't go up.

~ toggle, calculate even when no nude is present in scan. Default disabled. (don't need it calculating while doing the large battle scenes)

~ toggle, disable the arousal feature without uninstalling it. Good for checking issues in extremely rare circumstances (for modders). Or if you just don't need it running due to company able to see what's going on...

I'm basically trying to find a way to play the game so that every npc in the game has the correct sexual prefernece, similar to how sexlife has a Json file which you can simply edit to your liking. That would simply take to much work.

Either way, you will have to edit them to your liking, unfortunately.

I set my Sexlab to Bisexual, and it seems to help. When a female NPC's arousal is high enough, it doesn't seem to matter what their sexual preferences are at the beginning, (70+) I can use my strappy on them. If you want their arousal to be lower, to be accepted, prior to being a confidant/lover, then that will require edits to their sexual preferences.

I'm basically trying to find a way to play the game so that every npc in the game has the correct sexual prefernece, similar to how sexlife has a Json file which you can simply edit to your liking. That would simply take to much work.

Either way, you will have to edit them to your liking, unfortunately.

I set my Sexlab to Bisexual, and it seems to help. When a female NPC's arousal is high enough, it doesn't seem to matter what their sexual preferences are at the beginning, (70+) I can use my strappy on them. If you want their arousal to be lower, to be accepted, prior to being a confidant/lover, then that will require edits to their sexual preferences.

We're discussing similar thing in the SLEN thread. And because it's something that has bothered me since I started playing Skyrim (especially with SexLab) I'll put in my two septims worth in. Even with SexLife's .json system it's not that easy, especially when you want to consider the lore. I mean, you would have to find out about every NPC's background to match their preferences. Sometimes it can be easy when it doesn't really matter (for the story) if an NPC is gay or bi or hetero. Sometimes long after you set up someone as heterosexual you may discover that they in fact don't like sex at all. Etcetera. I don't remember exactly which character that was, but while making the Excel table for traits I came across someone that for me was certainly heterosexual but Wiki described him as gay. While in vanila game this is rarely the case, it is even harder with mods. It takes some questing/talking with an NPC to find out what their real taste is. And quite often you'll find your choice (SL setting) was just the opposite to what the author planned.

I think there should be a part of the SL framework (or maybe some seperate mod) for organizing the relations/associations/sex traits. But I don't quite believe it is doable.

I have few questions (that may be REALLY stupid) that I hope will not bother you if they have been answered before:

- LoS: Does being behind the NPC count as being in LoS?

- If I want to increase the frequency checking the NPCs' arousal, what should I change exactly and how will that affect my game?

I'm reporting a potential CTD issue.  I'm not certain that it is being caused by SLA, but SLA is one of only 2 mods that have been changed in the last 2 weeks. It very well could be my personal mod that is causing the issues, but it appears to be working fine with SLA 27a. 

I was using SLA 27a  for some time now without much issue ( random CTD after hours of play to be expected). However, about 2 weeks ago, I needed to incorporate SLA arousal faction into my mod., and started having compile issues. As a attempted fix, I upgraded to then current SLA  27c. CTD increased to about every 10-15 minutes... After looking at the whole "no arousal update without naked body issue", I found sla 27c unusable for myself, and went back to 27a. CTD cleared up. Saw 28a was released, and tried that one as well, CTD was back with a vengeance, took me 40 minutes to get from Riften to Snow Veil Sanctum as ever couple minutes it would crash... Reinstalled 27a and disabled my mod for good measure, and played for 3 hrs without a crash...

Not sure if it's SLA, My Mod (which is a WIP of a upgrade to SexLabs STDs, which triggers after sex is initiated), or some interaction between the two.  I'll post more when I learn anything, but thought I should at least mention it. 

Ok.... Because some mods are a bit different with their systems, I'd like understand how this mod calculates and stuff. I only get what a few things are so I've listed what I think I know. Feel free to correct me as I do sometimes act like a SGN (Spelling & Grammar Nazi)

(A Arousal levels show how much an actor wants sex and not how much ecstasy an actor is experiencing

(B Exposure levels show how much ecstasy an actor is experiencing 

(C Timerate affects how fast arousal is increased and how fast the in-game clock is.

(D Both making and using mods for/with video games is often confusing and/or complex 

(E "would reduce more exposure" makes my brain hurt and should be replaced with "would cause more exposure loss"

Arousal and exposure are almost the same.  Exposure how much nakedness the npc has witnessed.  Arousal is exposure after factoring in how long it has been since the npc has had sex.

There is nothing in Aroused that has anything to do with ecstasy.

Timerate does nothing to the game clock.  It is a constant.

"Both making and using mods for/with video games is often confusing and/or complex".  This statement depends 100% on the intelligence of the player.

I'm reporting a potential CTD issue.  I'm not certain that it is being caused by SLA, but SLA is one of only 2 mods that have been changed in the last 2 weeks. It very well could be my personal mod that is causing the issues, but it appears to be working fine with SLA 27a. 

I was using SLA 27a  for some time now without much issue ( random CTD after hours of play to be expected). However, about 2 weeks ago, I needed to incorporate SLA arousal faction into my mod., and started having compile issues. As a attempted fix, I upgraded to then current SLA  27c. CTD increased to about every 10-15 minutes... After looking at the whole "no arousal update without naked body issue", I found sla 27c unusable for myself, and went back to 27a. CTD cleared up. Saw 28a was released, and tried that one as well, CTD was back with a vengeance, took me 40 minutes to get from Riften to Snow Veil Sanctum as ever couple minutes it would crash... Reinstalled 27a and disabled my mod for good measure, and played for 3 hrs without a crash...

Not sure if it's SLA, My Mod (which is a WIP of a upgrade to SexLabs STDs, which triggers after sex is initiated), or some interaction between the two.  I'll post more when I learn anything, but thought I should at least mention it. 

random CTD after hours of play to be expected

This statement is not true.  I play for days and never have CTDs.

SLA by itself will not cause CTDs.  I play for days on end and never experience CTDs.  It does however consume a very limited amount of papyrus overhead and so is added to other mods that have scripts.  Then the script load exceeds the supply, CTD results.  Recommend that you turn on papyrus logging and look for Stack Dumps. 

The worst culprits in this mod overload are mods that put cloak spells on lots of NPCs.  If you have any of these, dump them.  Check out the Sex Slaves home page for a list of particularly egregious ones.

Here are two  quote:

There's been saying at r/skyrimmods/ that Immersive Citizen - AI Overhaul eats massive amount of memory that never gets cleared kinda like if it hijacked portion of the memory. Thought I would mention it as it kinda applies to Badly Behaving Mods section.

Creature Framework and Immersive Creature are both heavy on the system. As CF check every Actor, animal and monster when you enter a cell it seems. But is need you unless you fine that they use default vanilla meshes without tools :) in aimation scenes. If you disable "Sexlab arousal intergration" under the CF this will reduce some of the load and avoid some of the newer bugs in CF. however one thing i can say I have not seen any CTD cause by those two mods only by mods using them like Hentai creature which is very buggy even in 1.59c.

Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps: You can get a CTD just by entering a vanilla bandit place both before and after clearing it. (reason why I stoped using it ) interaction with the slaves you find can cause a ctd as well.

Next, run your save through PDT and clean it up.  While debugging Sex Slaves, I found this to be particularly helpful in preventing CTDs during sex.  If you play your game a lot, you will have tons of vanilla mineorexxx scripts running that should not be there (I had 5000 of them at one point in a level 60 game).

I have few questions (that may be REALLY stupid) that I hope will not bother you if they have been answered before:

- LoS: Does being behind the NPC count as being in LoS?

- If I want to increase the frequency checking the NPCs' arousal, what should I change exactly and how will that affect my game?

LOS means exactly what it says, you have line of sight.  LOS is not terribly reliable for NPCs.  Works well for the player.

Change the scan frequenty (Bottom right in MCM I think).  Increasing it will increase arousal if there are naked npcs around.  It will also increase the papyrus impact.  The calculations are all based on 120 second scans.  So, if you decrease it, your arousal rates will increase and visa-versa.

But I don't quite believe it is doable.

We can do lots and lots of things, but everything we do adds to the papyrus load.  In the end, the existing random thing based on 7% homosexuality in the general population is the best.

Please, i am losing my mind here. Can someone break it down to me in layman's terms. Is 28a or 28b lighter in CPU load, in DEFAULT settings? Cause as i understand it, one of the 2 must be heavier. Thanks.

There is not much difference at all, so don't sweat it, but, with no naked NPCs around, 27a is very marginally lighter.

But I don't quite believe it is doable.

We can do lots and lots of things, but everything we do adds to the papyrus load.  In the end, the existing random thing based on 7% homosexuality in the general population is the best.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, I personally have my game overloaded a bit - lots of scripts, string table nearly exploding... Another heavy scripted mod and I'll have reinstall the whole game with all mods.

For now I'll just stick to SL, SLAR and the few mods that use their resources.

I can assure you, you have faulty scripts elsewhere in your load. I play for many hours a day without CTD.

here is my load order, with full functional Creature Arousal integration among other things.

active=1

inactive=0 *scripts are already in game, and using as resources for "other" mods*

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
SPIKE.esm=1
SharedSeranaDialogue.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
BodyTypes.esm=1
RSkyrimChildren.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
BeeingFemale.esm=1
CreatureFramework.esm=1
SMSkyrim.esp=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
ApachiiHairMales.esm=1
ApachiiHairFemales.esm=1
zdd.esp=0
SleepTight.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Skyrim Unbound.esp=1
UIExtensions.esp=1
ImmersiveSpells.esp=1
NonstopChopping.esp=1
TimingIsEverything.esp=1
AchieveThat.esp=1
FISS.esp=1
TakeNotes.esp=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp=1
RBB - DLC Merge.esp=1
RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
FNISSexyMove.esp=1
XPMSE.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp=1
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp=1
RaceMenuOverlays.esp=1
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp=1
Character Creation Overhaul.esp=1
CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp=1
CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp=1
CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp=1
ApachiiHairStyles.esp=1
ApachiiHairStylesELVES.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - 0 - Main.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - RedGuard.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - WoodElf.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - ORC.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Nord.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Khajiit.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - HighElf.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Breton.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Imperial.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Argonian.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - DarkElf.esp=1
Marriable Serana.esp=1
Marriable Serana HF.esp=1
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1
CelticDecorSkyrimI.esp=1
manny_Status.esp=1
StorageHelpers.esp=1
RV markers.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
BT_WomenAgePatch.esp=1
AnnaNPCs.esp=1
SOS - Shop.esp=1
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp=1
SOS - Teens Addon.esp=1
SOS - Pubic Hair for Females Addon (All Styles).esp=1
SOSRaceMenu.esp=1
SexLab_SOS-Stapon.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Medium.esp=1
Werewolves.esp=1
MoreNastyCritters.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
HentaiCreatures.esp=0
SexLabTools.esp=1
LoversVictim.esp=1
SexLab_PaySexCrime.esp=1
SexLabUtil1.esp=1
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp=1
BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp=1
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
DW.esp=1
SLA Monitor Widget.esp=1
SimpleSlavery.esp=1
Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp=1
Immersive Jewelry.esp=1
amazingfollowertweaks.esp=1
AFT_ManagedFollowerBoost.esp=1
_Retaliation.esp=1
AlvaOverride.esp=1
kittyehprojectwhiteblack.esp=1
RSChildren - Complete.esp=1
RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp=1
BeeingFemale_RS_Patch.esp=1
NonEssentialChildren.esp=1
BFA_CreatureChildActors_V+DG+DB.esp=1
RSChildren_PatchNEC.esp=1
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp=1
_BF_Alchemist_CP_seller.esp=1
Gamefever 1st Person Items Fix.esp=1
NoNakedComments.esp=1
ChaurusLights.esp=1
HDT Havok Object.esp=1
SMSkyrim - Marriable Serana Patch.esp=1
Unblock.esp=0
noperkrequireqrments.esp=1
nomoreminepests.esp=1
GoToBed.esp=1
Pacifist Mini-Mods Collection.esp=1
AK- Boethiah Alternate.esp=1
HouseOfHorrorsAlternateEnding.esp=1
NoMoreKhajiit.esp=1
Immersive NPC in the dark.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
Shadow_Toggle.esp=1
P1FlyingRing.esp=1
HearthfireItems.esp=1
Armor and Clothing for RSChildren - Playable Override + All DLC Patches.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
BYOH_Materials.esp=1
IJ_WeightlessIngotNPelts.esp=1
Apoths Satchel of Holding.esp=1
Misc Bag of holding.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
3dnpc - Overhual.esp=1
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp=1
BardSoundsMalukah.esp=1
EbonyChainSet.esp=1
HearthfireMultiKid.esp=1
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp=1
Valdmire.esp=1
CastleVolkiharCleanup.esp=1
CVCUBossRoom.esp=1
DawnguardDarkAlly.esp=1
Better Vampires.esp=1
BVLT - Human.esp=1
Hott Vampires 2.esp=1
BloodthirstVampireFeeding.esp=1
VL No AoE Drain.esp=1
BatTravel.esp=1
Vividian - Torches Preset.esp=1
Vividian - Wearable Lanterns Preset.esp=1
Vividian - Weather Patch Vanilla.esp=1
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp=1
Vivid Snow Physical.esp=1
Hunters Not Bandits.esp=1
Less Talkative NPCs Release - V1.esp=1
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1

Over 3000 active scripts on a new game, that grows exponentially as I explore the map. Current play through level 77... Already defeated Alduin, leader of all the guilds, Thane of all the holds, Just haven't bothered doing the DB quest line just yet.

How can I see my arousal level? I don't have an MCM menu. I need it to finish Sergius' experiment.

Perhaps you should figure out why you don't have an MCM menu.

However, you could also install the Sexlab Aroused Monitor Widget mod from this site (search for it) which will put an on-screen indication of your arousal so you can see it at all times.

Yo I'm constantly getting the "Sexlab Aroused is ready to use" the second it pops off, another one comes back, and that's so fucking annoying I can't handle it, and I really want to use this mod...

So did you check the version of the mod you are using against the current version of the mod? Evidently not since you are complaining about something that was fixed several versions ago.

How can I see my arousal level? I don't have an MCM menu. I need it to finish Sergius' experiment.

However, you could also install the Sexlab Aroused Monitor Widget mod from this site (search for it) which will put an on-screen indication of your arousal so you can see it at all times.

I don't even know what I have to do. I have Sexlab Aroused and Skyui as well as every other required mod installed, but I'm not getting any MCM menu. I can get the MCM menus for practucally every other mod though. I might try an oldef version of the mod, see if that does something.

I've also got issues with a lot of the DD equipment being invisible even though I've done a lot to try to fix it, but this is orobably not the correct place to report it to.

I just hit the "N" key and it tells me character arousal. I think it gives you arousal of a selected NPC too. 

If your DD equipment is invisible, then you haven't run Bodyslide.  That's a brand new requirement for the latest version of the DD mods.

For your MCM problem, you might try installing Jaxon's MCM Kicker mod from Nexus, it can help with that problem.

I've run Bodly slide multiple times and batch built (and single built) all of the DD equipment as well as the body type I use, and it still doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I always had a problem with arousal redux. Npcs just did not gave a a fuck about sex scenes around them. Their arousal would not increase even if they stood ontop of sex scene taking place.

I decided to update from 2.7 to 2.8b. =  Total pandemonium. Every npc in the world suddenly got 100% arousal. Also blush when aroused mod stoped working for npcs. I gues that has something to do with the new opctions in 2.8s. Anyone had similar problems?

I always had a problem with arousal redux. Npcs just did not gave a a fuck about sex scenes around them. Their arousal would not increase even if they stood ontop of sex scene taking place.

I decided to update from 2.7 to 2.8b. =  Total pandemonium. Every npc in the world suddenly got 100% arousal. Also blush when aroused mod stoped working for npcs. I gues that has something to do with the new opctions in 2.8s. Anyone had similar problems?

My problem is that I was never naked in 2.7 except for sex. So All the NPCs wound up with 0 arousal, and stayed there. Also, in 2.7 The Arousal calculations were visible when there was a Naked PC only. In 2.8 Naked PC is no longer a requirement (MCM select-able), Just like 2.6, and the arousal is displayed correctly.

- When using 2.7, you would have to stand around in an area Naked for several game hours, and not use line of sight for it to work in many places -

I recommend Eager NPCs and Arousal Monitor Widget.

- The monitor widget to see what the current Arousal is...

- Eager NPCs, after killing so many dragons, you gain a shout that increases arousal to every NPC in range.

Note: Line of sight, is questionable, for NPCs, it's not the mod, and nothing the mod author can do about it. It's a game mechanic that wasn't done correctly - ie. NPC sitting at the bar would "see" behind themselves. Someone Sleeping as you sneak up to them sees you by their feet or behind them...

My problem is that I was never naked in 2.7 except for sex. So All the NPCs wound up with 0 arousal, and stayed there. Also, in 2.7 The Arousal calculations were visible when there was a Naked PC only. In 2.8 Naked PC is no longer a requirement (MCM select-able), Just like 2.6, and the arousal is displayed correctly.

- When using 2.7, you would have to stand around in an area Naked for several game hours, and not use line of sight for it to work in many places -

- Eager NPCs, after killing so many dragons, you gain a shout that increases arousal to every NPC in range.

Note: Line of sight, is questionable, for NPCs, it's not the mod, and nothing the mod author can do about it. It's a game mechanic that wasn't done correctly - ie. NPC sitting at the bar would "see" behind themselves. Someone Sleeping as you sneak up to them sees you by their feet or behind them...

That makes no sense, why all the caluclations in the mcm menu for arousal increase when player is not around if arousal only react if player is around , and naked! No wonder everyone in my game everyone is on such a low arousal all the time.

Im using Eager npcs and the shout is the only way to get things done. Tho on some of my characters it boosts arousal from 0 to 100 in 2 words, on others it boost it for 10. Donno if it scales with shout perks or what. Still it kinda kills the feel of living world when player is responsible for all actions.

For now im stuck on 2.7 it seems, won't give up Blush when aroused, that mod is to damn cute!

That makes no sense, why all the caluclations in the mcm menu for arousal increase when player is not around if arousal only react if player is around , and naked! No wonder everyone in my game everyone is on such a low arousal all the time.

Im using Eager npcs and the shout is the only way to get things done. Tho on some of my characters it boosts arousal from 0 to 100 in 2 words, on others it boost it for 10. Donno if it scales with shout perks or what. Still it kinda kills the feel of living world when player is responsible for all actions.

For now im stuck on 2.7 it seems, won't give up Blush when aroused, that mod is to damn cute!

I do believe the shout is somehow effected by the perks for it, and perhaps level. Maybe even something to do with damage output of the character. If you disarm before shouting, vrs. shouting while armed... hard to tell.

I think blush would just need to be uninstalled, and reinstalled for it to start working again when you upgrade to 28. I will need to check it out myself for more info on that tho.

Tell you what, I am going to add blushing when aroused with my current setup, and see what happens. But fist, my husband is home, and I need to go cook.