Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

umm.. try this. in your Skyrim console type this

Setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

this will reload and force show you all MCM menu's you have a reload them. it works for me if one seems unnaturally delayed from showing :)

Hope it helps. :P

Tried that, but nothing happened. So I tried it in my other game and it worked fine in restarting MCM.

I made a new new game and BAM there was the menu. I don't know what f*cked up but it seems it wasn't something important.

Thanks for the tip, it's always good to know things like that :D

Sometimes it takes a pretty long time for MCM to register a new mod, even though "getstage ski_configmanagerinstance" returns 1.

Last time I started a new game I had a problem though, which I hadn't seen before. MCM seemed to be stuck in installing a mod (I think it was Sexlab Cumshots), showing an empty MCM menu and not installing any other mods afterwards. I had to uninstall the stuck mod and clear all traces of it from the savegame, then reinstall it to have MCM install it, and the missing ones, properly.

Thanks for the update! I was wondering why my followers in close proximity of sex acts weren't having their arousal increasing. Will there be a v18 Beta 1 release in .bsa form, or shall I wait next week for the full release for that?

I am waiting on feedback on how much the new arousal computations change your game.  Once I am assured that it is all working OK, I'll put out a release version with both BSA and loose versions.  It will however not be beta.  These changes are relatively minor and I feel confident that they work fine.  However, there will be a significant increase in arousal based on my testing.  I had to turn base arousal back down to the default 2 to get it to work reasonably well.

I downloaded and upgraded to 18 (removed 17 bsa version mid-game and upgraded, no new problems and the new mcm options worked fine for me)

I can confirm that pc and npcs are consistently gaining more arousal while watching sex/nudity.  It definately works as advertised!

I'm still having an issue, which is what prompted me to come looking and notice the update.  If I disable decay, the timerate is capped at 10 (I can raise it in MCM, but then I switch to status tab and it's back to 10) but otherwise seems to funtion correctly.  If I enable decay, I can raise the timerate, but not to 100 unless I raise decay back to the full default.  Unfortunately, decay is just too fast for me.  Riding a horse from shor's stone to whiterun (about 3-4 game hours) took my pc's arousal from 36 to 22 when decay was set to .1.

Additionally, when decay rate is not zero, the timerate constantly falls, and within a day all NPCs are at timerate 0 and arousal 0.  Engaging in sex at this point does not increase timerate.  Which I think it's supposed to but I might be misunderstanding the whole thing  :lol:

This is in a game after about 60 in-game days have passed, and I had initially disabled decay because the gains just seemed so slow anyway.  The problem didn't appear immediately but I can't say when it started.  When I get around to making a new game I'll watch more carefully.  Maybe the new version will work better for me from the beginning without messing around with the defaults.

Anyway, If you have any ideas I'd welcome them, however I just wanted to mention that I was having this issue as I saw fattyfatty posted the same/similar issue previously and switching to loose from bsa seemed to help.  I made sure there were no SLA scripts present (there were not) before I upgraded to 18 but I didn't have the same luck.  But until I start a new game I don't want to go claiming there is any kind of problem  :D

Thanks for your work improving SLA.  This is my first game with SLA-R and with SLA I couldn't get to 40 days without having serious script lag.  I'm also enjoying the hell out of Sex Slaves!

Sorry if the following seems too vague:

I've been having intermittent quicksave/manual save - Game CTD's issue off and on again for a bit. Worked my Save file over with Skyrim Save Tool and also Papyrus Data Transfer and it seemed rock stable for another long stretch, then back to the same problem.

It appears that iNeed (by isoku) has been conflicting with SLA for some odd reason. If I have iNeed mod in place, THAT mod works fine, but I never ever see NPC arousal levels for SLA. For example, the MCM menu might show that SLA cottoned onto my follower or some other random NPC but never updates to anyone else and as far as I could tell, the arousal didn't seem to work right for NPC's.

Now that I've removed iNeed (and used Skyrim Save Tool) on the target Save file, I was able to 'salvage' the quicksave. More time spent playing will be needed before I starting thinking that was truly it but...

Anyone else notice this? I'm trying to corroborate if my experience and my conclusions have any kind of merrit.

What I could suss out:

Reading my Papyrus Log (I'm "reading" my Papyrus Log like a dog reading a blackboard), I noticed that SLA calls, CF (Creature Framework) and iNeed (by isoku) were more or less hovering near or at the bottom when I couldn't save.

I also noticed that:

1. If I immediately quicksave after loading... I could still save my game and for maybe another 5 to 7 seconds or so. After that time, I would crash to desktop if I tried to save.

P.S. I should perhaps add, in my goal to fix this issue, I upgraded from 16 to 18 beta, updated FNIS from 5.4.2 to 5.5 and updated XP32 skeleton from 1.94 to Groovtama's 3.11 (just discovered that Groovtama had another page on Nexus up for version3.11.)

I downloaded and upgraded to 18 (removed 17 bsa version mid-game and upgraded, no new problems and the new mcm options worked fine for me)

I can confirm that pc and npcs are consistently gaining more arousal while watching sex/nudity.  It definately works as advertised!

I'm still having an issue, which is what prompted me to come looking and notice the update.  If I disable decay, the timerate is capped at 10 (I can raise it in MCM, but then I switch to status tab and it's back to 10) but otherwise seems to funtion correctly.  If I enable decay, I can raise the timerate, but not to 100 unless I raise decay back to the full default.  Unfortunately, decay is just too fast for me.  Riding a horse from shor's stone to whiterun (about 3-4 game hours) took my pc's arousal from 36 to 22 when decay was set to .1.

Additionally, when decay rate is not zero, the timerate constantly falls, and within a day all NPCs are at timerate 0 and arousal 0.  Engaging in sex at this point does not increase timerate.  Which I think it's supposed to but I might be misunderstanding the whole thing  :lol:

This is in a game after about 60 in-game days have passed, and I had initially disabled decay because the gains just seemed so slow anyway.  The problem didn't appear immediately but I can't say when it started.  When I get around to making a new game I'll watch more carefully.  Maybe the new version will work better for me from the beginning without messing around with the defaults.

Anyway, If you have any ideas I'd welcome them, however I just wanted to mention that I was having this issue as I saw fattyfatty posted the same/similar issue previously and switching to loose from bsa seemed to help.  I made sure there were no SLA scripts present (there were not) before I upgraded to 18 but I didn't have the same luck.  But until I start a new game I don't want to go claiming there is any kind of problem  :D

Thanks for your work improving SLA.  This is my first game with SLA-R and with SLA I couldn't get to 40 days without having serious script lag.  I'm also enjoying the hell out of Sex Slaves!

I'll have a look at this and see if I can figure out what is going on.  I haven't messed with the original calculations, so whatever is in Redux was also in the original and I am loathe to mess with that code.

Sorry if the following seems too vague:

I've been having intermittent quicksave/manual save - Game CTD's issue off and on again for a bit. Worked my Save file over with Skyrim Save Tool and also Papyrus Data Transfer and it seemed rock stable for another long stretch, then back to the same problem.

It appears that iNeed (by isoku) has been conflicting with SLA for some odd reason. If I have iNeed mod in place, THAT mod works fine, but I never ever see NPC arousal levels for SLA. For example, the MCM menu might show that SLA cottoned onto my follower or some other random NPC but never updates to anyone else and as far as I could tell, the arousal didn't seem to work right for NPC's.

Now that I've removed iNeed (and used Skyrim Save Tool) on the target Save file, I was able to 'salvage' the quicksave. More time spent playing will be needed before I starting thinking that was truly it but...

Anyone else notice this? I'm trying to corroborate if my experience and my conclusions have any kind of merrit.

What I could suss out:

Reading my Papyrus Log (I'm "reading" my Papyrus Log like a dog reading a blackboard), I noticed that SLA calls, CF (Creature Framework) and iNeed (by isoku) were more or less hovering near or at the bottom when I couldn't save.

I also noticed that:

1. If I immediately quicksave after loading... I could still save my game and for maybe another 5 to 7 seconds or so. After that time, I would crash to desktop if I tried to save.

P.S. I should perhaps add, in my goal to fix this issue, I upgraded from 16 to 18 beta, updated FNIS from 5.4.2 to 5.5 and updated XP32 skeleton from 1.94 to Groovtama's 3.11 (just discovered that Groovtama had another page on Nexus up for version3.11.)

Your CTD issues will not be the result of Redux.   Skyrim has a maximum of 4 threads that it can use to run code, no matter how many cores you actually have.  When you load up your game with mods that use a lot of papyrus, it eventually gets bogged down and crashes.   The solution to your problem is to identify the mods you cannot live without.  Then, do some research and identify those mods that use lots of papyrus scripts to do what they do.  Dump the heaviest ones to make your game stable.   

The XP32 skeleton you mentioned was causing CTDs, but I am told that it was fixed in 3.11.  Also, there are some armor mods that cause CTDs during saves.  Sadly, I do not remember them. 

Go to the Sex Slaves home page and scroll halfway down and find "Badly Behaving Mods"  for a list of heavy papyrus mods.  There is also a link to steam post of dangerous and outdated mods. for other bad guys.

Not in these lists are enhanced blood mods in general.  They add a pretty heavy load.

Do a google search for "Skyrim CTD on Save"  and read some of the information.  The most often given advise is to try cleaning your save with SaveTool.exe as PTD is you really want a thorough clean.

Check out Sacremas's thread for a stable mod load.

The most important bit of information that I can offer is the Sexlab Aroused and iNeed individually will not be the cause of your problem.

Went through this code again and it all looks correct.

Here is the code that computes the timerate

timerate = timerate * Math.pow(1.5, - daysSinceLastSex / slaConfig.TimeRateHalfLife)

Note that it dependant on daysSinceLastSex as well as the time rate half life.

Also, arousal is also dependent on days since last orgasm:

Int newRank = (GetActorDaysSinceLastOrgasm(akRef) * GetActorTimeRate(akRef)) as Int + GetActorExposure(akRef)

So, have more sex!!!

You have decay backwards- a lower decay setting means that the decay is faster, not slower. (It is the # of days to decrease by one third). So a stat of 0.1 means you will lose 1 third of value in 0.1 days. Try changing to 10- it will be much less fast.

Hey Fishburger, I updated to the new version and since then it seems my PC is constantly aroused? With v17 it would take a few days to get to, say, 80 arousal, but now it seems that in just a few game hours I am at 100. This is based on the standard settings. The arousal also shoots up, despite there being no sex acts nearby.

Is this a problem that only I am having? If so, what can I do exactly to lower the rate of arousal?

- Moo.

SLA is not working for me and i can't figure out why.
Neither SLA nor SLAR work.

Some mods cause CTDs others just don't work.

The crashes appear during the loading of a save file.

My Papyrus is full with errors and warnings of missing vars or properties.

I can't figure out what the problem is.

For SLA my log is filled with stuff like:
"warning: Property slaArousedVoiceList on script slaUtilScr attached to sla_Framework (0704290F) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property"

with a final crash because of call of a function causing a callstack error.

For SLAR it is filled with stuff like:

"error: Faild to find variable :: Aroused_var used in zadBeltScript.ReturnMagicAroused()"

and the VM freezes at the end.

I really need help on this issues as i am not capable of solving it on my own and none of the solution attempts i've read work for me.

Thanks in advance for any help that might come my way.

SLA is not working for me and i can't figure out why.

Neither SLA nor SLAR work.

Some mods cause CTDs others just don't work.

The crashes appear during the loading of a save file.

My Papyrus is full with errors and warnings of missing vars or properties.

I can't figure out what the problem is.

For SLA my log is filled with stuff like:

"warning: Property slaArousedVoiceList on script slaUtilScr attached to sla_Framework (0704290F) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property"

with a final crash because of call of a function causing a callstack error.

For SLAR it is filled with stuff like:

"error: Faild to find variable :: Aroused_var used in zadBeltScript.ReturnMagicAroused()"

and the VM freezes at the end.

I really need help on this issues as i am not capable of solving it on my own and none of the solution attempts i've read work for me.

Thanks in advance for any help that might come my way.

You have severe problems that are not associated with Aroused or Aroused Redux.  Try out SaveTool.exe and if that does not fix your problem, PDT and its learning curve may be your only option other than starting a new game.

Thanks for the advice.

I used SaveTool.exe as recommended, but it does not appear to fix the problem.

So i'll guess i'll have to try the PDT tool, although i don't even know what it does yet.

Is there any conclusion that can be drawn from this:
When i disable all mods except for those needed for SLA (and SLA Monitor) and start a new game, but they are still not working.

Now i have tried the basic problem solving methods of PDT as described, but the "removed unattached instances" method did not help and the "zero script pointers" created a savegame with several SexLab Mods not working at all.

I am close to giving up on this mod as i can't get it to work.

But it's sad, because that mod is the basis of so many interesting mods that i would like to try.

Would taking a vanilla data folder and procedually adding the SexLab Mods (and their requirements) first and everything else after that be of any use?
Because that would take a lot of time and constant testing of whether or not the newly added stuff works and whether the currently unusable SLA stuff is still usable after adding the other mods.

I'm loving v18! In v17 aroused was too slow to increase, now it's much better! 

P.S. Vachnic, you can make it slower, just read some post before yours..

Well, that sure did the trick :D I wasn't sure which values to decrease, so I decreased the first two and voila... no more constant 99 arousal :D At least now I can walk through Skyrim without being forced to masturbate/ being accosted all the time. I was running out of lube...

Now i have tried the basic problem solving methods of PDT as described, but the "removed unattached instances" method did not help and the "zero script pointers" created a savegame with several SexLab Mods not working at all.

But it's sad, because that mod is the basis of so many interesting mods that i would like to try.

Would taking a vanilla data folder and procedually adding the SexLab Mods (and their requirements) first and everything else after that be of any use?

Because that would take a lot of time and constant testing of whether or not the newly added stuff works and whether the currently unusable SLA stuff is still usable after adding the other mods.

Hey Tuckr,

Before you do anything rash, like starting a new playthrough or reinstalling Skyrim, try to go back to basics (if you haven't already).

With this I mean:

Uninstall SL and ALL SL dependant mods and SOS (if you use that), preferably by using the options for the mods to uninstall or disabling in MCM.

Try to load a save and wait at least 5 minutes for all mods to end scripts etc. Use Save game cleaner to clear all references, scripts etc to SL, SOS etc)

(If  you can't load a save, use Save game cleaner to delete all instances of sexlab, SOS and other SL mods and make a backup as always in SGC).

Start Skyrim and see if it will load now. If it does, wait a few minutes and make a new "hard" save (NOT a quick save; quick saves and autosaves are EVIL!)

Install Sexlab and only sexlab. Load the save you made and let Sexlab do it's thing. When the MCM message shows up, wait at least 5 more minutes to be sure. Make another manual save.

Install Aroused and load the last save. See if Aroused will start now. (tip: opening an already installed MCM window will make new MCMs show up faster).

If Aroused works now: YAY!! start installing SOS and the other SL mods one by one. Save customizing SexLab til last, cos you may need to rebuild a few times.

if it doesn't work still, uninstall Aroused again and try redownloading it. And repeat the last steps.

I hope this works for you. Good luck!

- Moo.

Hey Tuckr,

Before you do anything rash, like starting a new playthrough or reinstalling Skyrim, try to go back to basics (if you haven't already).

With this I mean:

Uninstall SL and ALL SL dependant mods and SOS (if you use that), preferably by using the options for the mods to uninstall or disabling in MCM.

Try to load a save and wait at least 5 minutes for all mods to end scripts etc. Use Save game cleaner to clear all references, scripts etc to SL, SOS etc)

(If  you can't load a save, use Save game cleaner to delete all instances of sexlab, SOS and other SL mods and make a backup as always in SGC).

Start Skyrim and see if it will load now. If it does, wait a few minutes and make a new "hard" save (NOT a quick save; quick saves and autosaves are EVIL!)

Install Sexlab and only sexlab. Load the save you made and let Sexlab do it's thing. When the MCM message shows up, wait at least 5 more minutes to be sure. Make another manual save.

Install Aroused and load the last save. See if Aroused will start now. (tip: opening an already installed MCM window will make new MCMs show up faster).

If Aroused works now: YAY!! start installing SOS and the other SL mods one by one. Save customizing SexLab til last, cos you may need to rebuild a few times.

if it doesn't work still, uninstall Aroused again and try redownloading it. And repeat the last steps.

I hope this works for you. Good luck!

- Moo.

Thanks for the detailed description Vachnic!

I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately i doubt that this method will be significantly less time-consuming than redoing my mods from scratch, as i have every mod i ever downloaded stored (in a structured manner) in my download folder, but uninstalling the mods might take a lot of time as i installed most of them manually.

I already tried disabling everything except for SexLab and then SexLab Aroused, but it still did not work.

(Reinstalling SLA or SLAR did not help either)

If you still think uninstalling everything is a better idea than rebuilding the data folder from scratch let me know.

Go to the Sex Slaves home page and scroll halfway down and find "Badly Behaving Mods"  for a list of heavy papyrus mods.  There is also a link to steam post of dangerous and outdated mods. for other bad guys.

Not in these lists are enhanced blood mods in general.  They add a pretty heavy load.

Do a google search for "Skyrim CTD on Save"  and read some of the information.  The most often given advise is to try cleaning your save with SaveTool.exe as PTD is you really want a thorough clean.

Check out Sacremas's thread for a stable mod load.

The most important bit of information that I can offer is the Sexlab Aroused and iNeed individually will not be the cause of your problem.

The mods listed, are they confirmed sources of CTD? Too bad

I like "Spectator Crowds"

Does the same warning applies to "Further Lover's Comfort"?