Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Isn't there any way of making walking animations override the aroused idle animation while it plays?

I've always wondered that too. I like the aroused animation, but hate the way characters glide over the ground when executing the animation.

Isn't there any way of making walking animations override the aroused idle animation while it plays?

Apparently not, at least according to Fore who I think probably has the most experience in this area.  I think the only solution it to find short animations.

I've always wondered that too. I like the aroused animation, but hate the way characters glide over the ground when executing the animation.

Ya, me too.  If anyone has seen short animations, we can give that a try.

Hope you can help with a question I have on how the aroused penalty works. The reason for asking is I've been looking at using the Community Uncapper to slow down levelling but I gather that it creates a different problem in that it reduces xp and well as skill points at the same time.

So I was wondering how it is handled in SAR, for as far as I can see there is a percentage reduction in skill points acquired if the pc is aroused but this doesn't seem to affect xp in any way? If you can point me in the right direction I'll extract the bsa and see if I can figure it out from the scripts.

Just a quick check, 16b is the latest version right?

Or do i need the loose version?

16 b is the latest and you can use either so long as you completely uninstall the old

Hope you can help with a question I have on how the aroused penalty works. The reason for asking is I've been looking at using the Community Uncapper to slow down levelling but I gather that it creates a different problem in that it reduces xp and well as skill points at the same time.

So I was wondering how it is handled in SAR, for as far as I can see there is a percentage reduction in skill points acquired if the pc is aroused but this doesn't seem to affect xp in any way? If you can point me in the right direction I'll extract the bsa and see if I can figure it out from the scripts.

You get a vanilla spell cast on you (not scripting).  I don't remember the exact percentages.  It does not effect level, it affects how fast you learn stuff which ultimately affects how fast you level.

You get a vanilla spell cast on you (not scripting).  I don't remember the exact percentages.  It does not effect level, it affects how fast you learn stuff which ultimately affects how fast you level.

That sounds exactly like what I'm after, I'll load it into CK and see if I can find it. Using a spell to control learning speed sounds like a much simpler way to slow down levelling.

That sounds exactly like what I'm after, I'll load it into CK and see if I can find it. Using a spell to control learning speed sounds like a much simpler way to slow down levelling.

That is exactly what it does.  Look first at it with Tes5Edit to get the ids.  I think they are all like sla_desire and the magic affects apply a "perk" for a while depending on arousal that reduces your ability to learn

Thanks for all the effort you put into this mod.

I have a bit of an issue I am trying to solve. I am about 400 game days into a playthrough, most of that without a mod that causes npcs to have sex without player involvement. As a result, most of the permanent npcs are all stuck at 0 time rate. This makes their arousal level competely reliant on the exposure stat, which is hardly ideal since it increases so slowly.

I was wondering if there is a quick way to reset npc's timerate, ideally all of them at once. Individual editing in puppet master doesn't work as their timerate will always revert back to the pre-edit value. I guess uninstalling the mod, cleaning the save and reinstalling might accomplish this, but I was hoping there might be an easier way I am missing? I would rather not lose all my progress in your fantastic sex slaves mod.

Hey Mr Fishburger, How do I get my creatures/NPCs to 'sport wood' when their arousal level gets to point 'A' and not jump on the nearest PC/NPC and hump their brains out until their arousal level get to point 'B'?

Also, do you think it is possible to get the creatures/NPCs to walk up to the person instead of magically appearing on top of them? Just a thought. ;)

Hey Mr Fishburger, How do I get my creatures/NPCs to 'sport wood' when their arousal level gets to point 'A' and not jump on the nearest PC/NPC and hump their brains out until their arousal level get to point 'B'?

Also, do you think it is possible to get the creatures/NPCs to walk up to the person instead of magically appearing on top of them? Just a thought. ;)

Neither of those are a part of this mod which is meant to deal with arousal levels alone. Other mods make use of the arousal level to do things but since not everyone wants the same things from arousal such activities are for other mods to implement so people can add the mods that use arousal levels in a fashion they like.

I have a bit of an issue I am trying to solve. I am about 400 game days into a playthrough, most of that without a mod that causes npcs to have sex without player involvement. As a result, most of the permanent npcs are all stuck at 0 time rate. This makes their arousal level competely reliant on the exposure stat, which is hardly ideal since it increases so slowly.

I was wondering if there is a quick way to reset npc's timerate, ideally all of them at once. Individual editing in puppet master doesn't work as their timerate will always revert back to the pre-edit value. I guess uninstalling the mod, cleaning the save and reinstalling might accomplish this, but I was hoping there might be an easier way I am missing? I would rather not lose all my progress in your fantastic sex slaves mod.

The value you are after is stored individually in Sexlab variable.  So, uninstalling will not do what you want.

Suggest you just get naked and then go use puppet master to change their values.  Set the scan time to like 20 seconds or so.  In this way, the sexlab stored values should change if you hang around long enough.

However, they will eventually decay.

These values were chosen because they seem to work the best and seem most realistic. 

Having said that, it would not be too hard to add a "Set all timerate to xxx" function.

The value you are after is stored individually in Sexlab variable.  So, uninstalling will not do what you want.

Suggest you just get naked and then go use puppet master to change their values.  Set the scan time to like 20 seconds or so.  In this way, the sexlab stored values should change if you hang around long enough.

However, they will eventually decay.

These values were chosen because they seem to work the best and seem most realistic. 

Having said that, it would not be too hard to add a "Set all timerate to xxx" function.

Okay I guess for now I will just manually induce sex acts to get everyone's timerate back up. A set all option would be great if you ever decided to expand the mod. Having a time rate minimum value would also solve the issue I think. Thanks for replying.

Does anyone know if sex acts speed up time in-game? I made some adjustments to decay rate and exposure rate (decay = 1.0 and exposure =0.5) hoping to curb my raging nympho followers libido (found out they had time rate of 89, out the door). I changed their time rates to 5, left exposure at 0.5 and decay at 1. For some reason whenever my PC has sex in front of them, instead of becoming aroused, everyone around me loses about 15 arousal. This happens to all npcs, not just my followers. I thought maybe it's due to decay from time elapsed? Or is it because of the values I have set?

Does anyone know if sex acts speed up time in-game? I made some adjustments to decay rate and exposure rate (decay = 1.0 and exposure =0.5) hoping to curb my raging nympho followers libido (found out they had time rate of 89, out the door). I changed their time rates to 5, left exposure at 0.5 and decay at 1. For some reason whenever my PC has sex in front of them, instead of becoming aroused, everyone around me loses about 15 arousal. This happens to all npcs, not just my followers. I thought maybe it's due to decay from time elapsed? Or is it because of the values I have set?

I have no idea whether or not game time stops during sex acts, but real time does not stop.  After any sex act, Redux ADDs exposure to all those watching (or within LOS).

What you are reporting is therefore opposite of what I would expect to happen.  Do you have some other mod that might be doing this?

I have no idea whether or not game time stops during sex acts, but real time does not stop. After any sex act, Redux ADDs exposure to all those watching (or within LOS).

What you are reporting is therefore opposite of what I would expect to happen. Do you have some other mod that might be doing this?

Possibly. This was something that started happening after I adjusted the rates though. And I adjusted them because my new followers reach max arousal after spending like 5 minutes standing inside a cave. Don't know what's turning them on in there so I adjusted the rates hoping to stop them from reaching max arousal so quickly. It took me awhile to figure out it's the time rate and not the exposure that's increasing their arousal. But now I have this problem with npcs losing arousal after watching a sex act.

If it helps, I did observe that with my aforementioned settings, everyone loses arousal over time, roughby at a rate of 2 arousal per minute if standing there doing nothing. It also seems like their arousal became unaffected by exposure

I can post a load order when I get home. Is there a debug mode that can give me more info about what's going on?

I have no idea whether or not game time stops during sex acts, but real time does not stop. After any sex act, Redux ADDs exposure to all those watching (or within LOS).

What you are reporting is therefore opposite of what I would expect to happen. Do you have some other mod that might be doing this?

Possibly. This was something that started happening after I adjusted the rates though. And I adjusted them because my new followers reach max arousal after spending like 5 minutes standing inside a cave. Don't know what's turning them on in there so I adjusted the rates hoping to stop them from reaching max arousal so quickly. It took me awhile to figure out it's the time rate and not the exposure that's increasing their arousal. But now I have this problem with npcs losing arousal after watching a sex act.

If it helps, I did observe that with my aforementioned settings, everyone loses arousal over time, roughby at a rate of 2 arousal per minute if standing there doing nothing. It also seems like their arousal became unaffected by exposure

I can post a load order when I get home. Is there a debug mode that can give me more info about what's going on?

There is some debug output in the papyrus log.  Suggest you have a look at that.

Your load order will not be helpful because I don't use most of these other mods and have no idea what they do or how they affect arousal.

What I do know is the Aroused functions as documented and so I continue to believe that you have some other mod affecting things.

wow papyrus log is a headache lol. 

I do see entries where it says "[07/10/2015 - 02:40:14AM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Irileth got 1 exposure for" and it cuts off right there, starts another time stamp for another NPC. Are these normal? These appeared towards the end, following a string of:

[07/10/2015 - 02:39:26AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (0E083137)>]: Nina the Frozen Heart got 0 exposure for  watching sex of Player

Does this mean the NPCs are not getting exposure from watching sex, or is it only because SLA uses integer values only (my exposure is set to 0.5)

I found a string of animations for a sex sequence and followed it closely to see the exposure changes for Nina the Frozen Heart (one of my followers). It seems like she got 0 exposure for the entire scene, at every stage, in the papyrus log. And when the scene finished, it said my "PC cannot have an orgasm" and an "External Modify Exposure Event" subtracted 60 exposure from my PC. I do not see anything that suggests exposure was removed from any of the NPC's, other than by this external modify exposure event (which only seems to target my PC), and also from successful orgasm events (actors involved). My guess for why NPCs appear to have lost arousal is because of my decay rate is possibly set higher than the exposure rate, and because my timerate may be too low on the affected NPCs? (they haven't had sex in awhile). That would mean the "sudden drop" of 15 or so arousal is really just the sum of accumulated arousal depreciation from the decay, being updated all at once at the end of the sex scene instead of gradually during it? (I did see this string which leads me to believe this:

[07/10/2015 - 02:25:56AM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (0E042D62)>]:Aroused scan skipped because sexlab is animating within the last 10 seconds)

This brings me to my next question: What will be the ideal test environment for understanding the affect of each of the values in SLA? Does everyone in the room need to have a recent orgasm to put all the people in the most "controlled" state possible? Seeing how the timerate decay chart is actually a curve, I feel like adjusting just the exposure and decay values isn't proving fruitful because there seems to be another variable skewing the results outside of my control.

wow papyrus log is a headache lol. 

I do see entries where it says "[07/10/2015 - 02:40:14AM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Irileth got 1 exposure for" and it cuts off right there, starts another time stamp for another NPC. Are these normal? These appeared towards the end, following a string of:

[07/10/2015 - 02:39:26AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (0E083137)>]: Nina the Frozen Heart got 0 exposure for  watching sex of Player

Does this mean the NPCs are not getting exposure from watching sex, or is it only because SLA uses integer values only (my exposure is set to 0.5)

I found a string of animations for a sex sequence and followed it closely to see the exposure changes for Nina the Frozen Heart (one of my followers). It seems like she got 0 exposure for the entire scene, at every stage, in the papyrus log. And when the scene finished, it said my "PC cannot have an orgasm" and an "External Modify Exposure Event" subtracted 60 exposure from my PC. I do not see anything that suggests exposure was removed from any of the NPC's, other than by this external modify exposure event (which only seems to target my PC), and also from successful orgasm events (actors involved). My guess for why NPCs appear to have lost arousal is because of my decay rate is possibly set higher than the exposure rate, and because my timerate may be too low on the affected NPCs? (they haven't had sex in awhile). That would mean the "sudden drop" of 15 or so arousal is really just the sum of accumulated arousal depreciation from the decay, being updated all at once at the end of the sex scene instead of gradually during it? (I did see this string which leads me to believe this:

[07/10/2015 - 02:25:56AM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (0E042D62)>]:Aroused scan skipped because sexlab is animating within the last 10 seconds)

This brings me to my next question: What will be the ideal test environment for understanding the affect of each of the values in SLA? Does everyone in the room need to have a recent orgasm to put all the people in the most "controlled" state possible? Seeing how the timerate decay chart is actually a curve, I feel like adjusting just the exposure and decay values isn't proving fruitful because there seems to be another variable skewing the results outside of my control.

Those log entries are saying that the NPC got exposure for watching sex, exactly as it says. 

These log entries happen only at the END of sex, not for each animation sequence.

You don't have to test SLA.  It has been tested by literally thousands of people.

There are no hidden variables.  All the values used in the computation are shown in the home page.  If you look back a ways, the actual formula can be found.

Basically, arousal increases by seeing naked people or watcing sex.  Arousal decreases over time when no naked people are around and no sex happens. 

If you need additional clarification, look back a few pages here and you can find the exact formula.

I just loaded my game and changed the values for SLA back to their defaults. I did not move since loading the game, just changed exposure and decay settings back to their 2.0 defaults. I immediately noticed rapidly rising arousal levels (using SLA monitor widget) of all NPCs in the room. I let the game run for a minute and quit, checked papyrus log. I see a series of spams of that truncated exposure entry:

[07/10/2015 - 09:42:18PM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Irileth got 6 exposure for 
[07/10/2015 - 09:42:19PM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Whiterun Guard got 6 exposure for 
[07/10/2015 - 09:43:01PM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Lydia got 6 exposure for 
[07/10/2015 - 09:43:03PM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Nina the Frozen Heart got 6 exposure for 
[07/10/2015 - 09:43:03PM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Scarlet the Wildfire got 6 exposure for 
[07/10/2015 - 09:43:05PM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Whiterun Guard got 6 exposure for 
[07/10/2015 - 09:43:17PM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Balgruuf the Greater got 6 exposure for
[07/10/2015 - 09:43:27PM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0E04290F)>]: Irileth got 6 exposure for 

This happened very rapidly, as you can tell from the timestamps, and are back to back (ie one string leads into the next, exactly as it is shown here, but in a continuous line). Also I see my PC was not affected by any of these rapid exposure ticks. In fact searching for my PC's name shows only one SLA related entry in the log file:

Player got 12 exposure for  seeing naked Lydia

followed by:

Scarlet the Wildfire got 2 exposure for  seeing naked Lydia

These seem like normal ticks from SLA.

I believe this started happening after installing sexlab 1.6 beta, which I installed a couple days ago. That is the most significant change to sexlab install in recent memory. I did install Estrus and some devious mods to get deviously enchanted chests working, but other than that I've only installed armor mods and ultimate follower overhaul mod. Don't think any of those tamper with SLA. 

okay I think I figured it out. It appears to be exposure injections from PlayerSuccubusQuest mod. I turned off Succubus mode and everyone's arousal flatlined. Seems like the mod's Succu Miasma passive is increasing exposure by a factor of 3, which is equal to my current succubus rank. I can only guess this factor will go higher as the rank increases.

Anyway thanks for the replies. It just really bugged me because I couldn't figure out why everyone became so incredibly aroused all of a sudden. Was just trying to understand the problem before I went about trying to fix it. I guess at this point turning it off is the only solution since it seems to inject an exposure every minute, and lower the exposure rate will mean actual legitimate exposures become meaningless.

okay I think I figured it out. It appears to be exposure injections from PlayerSuccubusQuest mod. I turned off Succubus mode and everyone's arousal flatlined. Seems like the mod's Succu Miasma passive is increasing exposure by a factor of 3, which is equal to my current succubus rank. I can only guess this factor will go higher as the rank increases.

Anyway thanks for the replies. It just really bugged me because I couldn't figure out why everyone became so incredibly aroused all of a sudden. Was just trying to understand the problem before I went about trying to fix it. I guess at this point turning it off is the only solution since it seems to inject an exposure every minute, and lower the exposure rate will mean actual legitimate exposures become meaningless.

You can change the default rates for everyone, but then again, maybe the Succubus mod has an adjustment.  If it is changing exposure, you can lower the rate the default rate to compensate.  However, that would then only apply to newly encountered NPCs.  All the values are store by Sexlab when first encountered.

awesome work btw. When I first started using SL Framework I got it specifically to use the succubus mod with this mod. Trying to simulate context is the hardest part about making SL work immersively in a game, and it seemed like SLA was key and the succubus mod is a great way to use SLA framework (ie: making occasional sex an enforced need). I wanted a game where the sex scenes were not something I really had to go out of my way for, and wanted some mechanics to integrate it into gameplay to accentuate it, not to replace it. I still want to play Skyrim for Skyrim, because I never beat it. Funny thing it is when these problems are happening because of the succubus mod lol. I play with the aura vision from succubus mod on and became really curious why everyone around me was always bright red (80+ arousal) when all I did was literally walk into Belethor's shop to sell loot. That seemed to be floating everyone's boat and I couldn't figure out why hahah. 

Well now that I know that's what's throwing the wrench into the equation, I can probably tweak the settings with that in mind to get the effect I want. I still like the idea of increasing arousal of NPCs around my player, as long as I can keep it in check.

I'm having a problem where no one's arousal, including the pc, ever goes above 20 ish. It just hovers around there and sometimes drops after fast travelling, and says "my desires are satisfied"

Not sure why this would be.  It is most certainly not a problem with Aroused.  Check the other mods you have loaded and look for a reason.

On the other hand, your expectations might not reflect what Aroused does.  Aroused increase arousal for NPCs when they see another NPC that is naked or having sex.  Arousal goes up a little for seeing a naked NPC and a bit more for seeing sex.  Arousal increases for naked NPCs themselves if they are tagged as exhibitionist.

Note that hot looking armor, including see through armor do not count as naked.

That is exactly what it does.  Look first at it with Tes5Edit to get the ids.  I think they are all like sla_desire and the magic affects apply a "perk" for a while depending on arousal that reduces your ability to learn

Sorry a bit OT here, ban I pick your brains a little more on this. I'll need to get a bit more into the detailed workings of spell effects in CK, but the question that came to mind is would there be any problems with effects stacking properly.

Say for example I create a "Slow Learner" spell which slows down learning by 50% would the SLA 5% arousal effect simply get added or would they calculate sequentially according to load order (e.g. 50% reduction then a further 5% reduction of the product) or would it simply ignore one of them?