Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Fishburger,

SAR is set to use SL sexuality.

I did a quick test on Thorald Gray-Mane. He was bisexual at first and SAR showed BOTH as his preference. I reset his stats in SL diary and it changed to hetero. But this caused his SAR preference to become male(?!!). I changed his sexuality a couple of times and then back to hetero. This is when he got the correct preference (female).

Edit:

Also tried reinstalling. Didn't work.

Thanks for your quick response. However, I have been wrestling with this CTD since I got SexLab Aroused Redux, (so thats maybe a month now) and every time I get a CTD, its always when moving from one cell to another, and always slamaincr  was the last script to run before the game crashed. In this case, yes, it did complete, but in most other cases it did not. 

If I uninstall it, the errors stop. I can post more script logs if it will help... but you probably can't do anything about it if its related to supporting mods being installed in improper order. I also notice a problem where SL arousal stops working. Arousal is always at 0 and never changes. Then the crashes begin.

I have SexLab Attraction, Cumshot, Further Lovers Comfort, Sexlab Romance v1-0-6, SexLab Framework v159c, and SOS.

I'll do another clean of SL/SL plugins/SOS and report. :(

Dude, I already told you.  Your CTD is not in Redux.  It's papyrus load is lighter than Romance and FLC by a long shot.  If you can uninstall aroused and not get a CTD, uninstall Further Lovers Comfort or Romance and your CTDs will stop too. 

I use Redux along with a host of other people and we never get CTDs.

Never ever ever.

Well, it would not hurt having a look into these CTD's.

I had the same CTD's with Redux. Not all the time, but a little bit too often right after a scan and frequently enough to point fingers at Aroused Redux. Gave up on it, installed the original Aroused mod and game is rock solid again.

Maybe these CTD's can occur because the scanning happens no matter what?

Fishburger,

I did a quick test on Thorald Gray-Mane. He was bisexual at first and SAR showed BOTH as his preference. I reset his stats in SL diary and it changed to hetero. But this caused his SAR preference to become male(?!!). I changed his sexuality a couple of times and then back to hetero. This is when he got the correct preference (female).

Edit:

Having the same symptoms.

Looked at the scripts and I can't actually see anything wrong. GetGenderPreference looks like it should work fine, but it returns the wrong result for at least hetero npcs. IsStraight, IsBisexual and IsGay look like they should work as well.

Just to be sure I gutted the if statement on line 53 and tried remaking it another way, and it works.

I'm as confused as anyone, so here is the change in case anyone else can spot why it failed.

Replace lines 53 to 67 in slaFrameworkScr with: 

int ratio = SexLab.Stats.GetSexuality(akRef)
if ratio > 65
	return -(akRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() - 1)
ElseIf ratio < 35
	return akRef.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex()
Else
	return 2
EndIf
I figured replacing some of the getters with arithmetic might be more performant as well, but I have no idea if this applies in Papyrus.

Hello,

I am getting CTD caused by slamainscr. I have played with it some, it seems to be temporarily fixed by re-installing mods in a certain order. But if I re-install with SOS and XP32 after SexLab Arousal Redux has been installed, this bug pops up again. At least, maybe that is the cause of it... To fix it I will probably have to do a clean install, installing all the SL mods in exactly the right order. This is tricky with all the anim replacers I have, XP32, and SOS. Often I have to play with those just to get them right, and by that time, Arousal gets messed up again and I have to start all over.

The crash happens at random when moving from one cell to another ( I guess when it is scanning for new actors). 

[08/27/2015 - 07:15:45AM] slaScanner start time is ....8369.450195
[08/27/2015 - 07:15:45AM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (13042D62)>] Getting actors for 2 and locked = TRUE
[08/27/2015 - 07:15:46AM] Found 0 nakedActors
[08/27/2015 - 07:15:46AM] slaScanner After getting actors is ....8370.369141, player is naked False
[08/27/2015 - 07:15:46AM] Unlocking
[08/27/2015 - 07:15:46AM] slaScanner end time is ....8370.387695
[08/27/2015 - 07:15:46AM] Next update in 120.000000
[08/27/2015 - 07:15:48AM] SOS SchlongLess: Vampire Nightstalker entered schlongless state
[08/27/2015 - 07:17:49AM] slaScanner start time is ....8493.411133
[08/27/2015 - 07:17:49AM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (13042D62)>] Getting actors for 2 and locked = TRUE
[08/27/2015 - 07:17:50AM] Found 0 nakedActors
[08/27/2015 - 07:17:50AM] slaScanner After getting actors is ....8494.368164, player is naked False
[08/27/2015 - 07:17:50AM] Unlocking
[08/27/2015 - 07:17:50AM] slaScanner end time is ....8494.386719
[08/27/2015 - 07:17:50AM] Next update in 120.000000
[08/27/2015 - 07:18:39AM] Info: *Achievement 36 awarded - a winnar is you!*
[08/27/2015 - 07:19:50AM] slaScanner start time is ....8614.716797
[08/27/2015 - 07:19:50AM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (13042D62)>] Getting actors for 2 and locked = TRUE
[08/27/2015 - 07:19:51AM] Found 0 nakedActors
[08/27/2015 - 07:19:52AM] slaScanner After getting actors is ....8615.791016, player is naked False
[08/27/2015 - 07:19:52AM] Unlocking
[08/27/2015 - 07:19:52AM] slaScanner end time is ....8615.809570
[08/27/2015 - 07:19:52AM] Next update in 120.000000
[08/27/2015 - 07:19:55AM] Info: *Achievement 36 awarded - a winnar is you!*
[08/27/2015 - 07:20:16AM] Info: *Achievement 36 awarded - a winnar is you!*
[08/27/2015 - 07:20:34AM] VM is freezing...
[08/27/2015 - 07:20:34AM] VM is frozen
[08/27/2015 - 07:20:34AM] Saving game...
[08/27/2015 - 07:20:35AM] VM is thawing...

By the way, WTH is "achievement 36 awarded - a winnar is you!" ? I see this a lot. Mod? Bug?

I am not entirely sure, but I *think*  that message comes from SLEN. it is just an information line which shows after gaining a level. But again, I am not entirely sure. I have seen it mentioned in the SLEN thread.

This message shows after completing an achievement.

Fishburger,

Edit:

Fishburger,

Edit:

Looked at the scripts and I can't actually see anything wrong. GetGenderPreference looks like it should work fine, but it returns the wrong result for at least hetero npcs. IsStraight, IsBisexual and IsGay look like they should work as well.

Just to be sure I gutted the if statement on line 53 and tried remaking it another way, and it works.

I'm as confused as anyone, so here is the change in case anyone else can spot why it failed.

if ratio > 65
ElseIf ratio < 35
Else
	return 2
EndIf
I figured replacing some of the getters with arithmetic might be more performant as well, but I have no idea if this applies in Papyrus.

SAR is working exactly as it should with both 1.59 and 1.60.  However, I was experimenting with it a bit and saw some odd issues with both Sexlab versions.

If I started a new game, the Status page showed the male player preferring MALE partners even when Sexlab had defaulted to Hetero.

To determine gender preference, SAR (and the original aroused) uses:

SexLab.Stats.IsStraight(akRef))

SexLab.Stats.IsBisexual(akRef)

SexLab.Stats.IsGay(akRef)

I added some debug messages after each of these calls, and a new game always reports the player as GAY even though Sexlab sez HETEROSEXUAL.

If I went to the Sexlab page and cycled through all the gender preferences and back to HETEROSEXUAL, then went back to SAR, is show the player as STRAIGHT.

So, this behavior is identical between 1.59 and 1.60.

You can fix your game by just setting the Sexlab gender preference and do not just accept the default.

I will report this as an issue to Ashal.

In the mean time, I'll experiment with doombells method

Fishburger,

Edit:

if ratio > 65
ElseIf ratio < 35
Else
	return 2
EndIf

This code works perfectly.  With your permission, I will use a slightly modified version.

For those of you who use Sexlab Aroused (the original) or SAR versions below 19, you can fix your gender reporting problem by opening the Sexlab MCM journal and change the gender preference.  DO NOT just accept what is there.  It must be changed.  If it is set to what you want, just click on it a few times till it cycles back to what the default was.

Now that you mention it being about initial state at game start I see that there is one difference between IsStraight and GetSexualityTitle: IsStraight only checks if kSexuality is over 65, forgetting that it will be 0 when there have been no partners and thereby failing the check, while IsGay will return true for all virgins.

Fixing that would probably make the old code work fine again, but this probably leads to fewer lookups so I'd go with something like this as long as it doesn't catch fire. Ain't pretty, but it does the job!

Now that you mention it being about initial state at game start I see that there is one difference between IsStraight and GetSexualityTitle: IsStraight only checks if kSexuality is over 65, forgetting that it will be 0 when there have been no partners and thereby failing the check, while IsGay will return true for all virgins.

Fixing that would probably make the old code work fine again, but this probably leads to fewer lookups so I'd go with something like this as long as it doesn't catch fire. Ain't pretty, but it does the job!

Your code is simple and elegant.  I like it.  Pretty is for flowers and women.

Version 19 is available

This version changes the way gender preference is determined.  After some checking, it was determined that in a new game, gender preference returned by Sexlab was incorrect using the IsGay(), IsStraight() methods.  This problem can be resolved by manually setting the gender preference.  If you choose to continue to use version 17, you MUST manually set the gender preference by clicking on it at least once.  It is fine to cycle through and get back to the default, but you must click on it to change it.  This is the same with both 1.59c and 1.61.

This version uses the method suggested by Doombell to get the gender preference that works without any Sexlab changes.

Also, removed the LOS (line of sight) requirement for changing arousal.  Through testing, it was determined that most actors did not have LOS at the instant that the arousal update happened.  Because the default scan time is 120 seconds, it is now assumed that all actors saw the naked actor at some time during the scan time and so I remove the LOS requirement.   The result is that arousal values will increase at a slightly faster rate than version 17.

This version also includes an MCM menu option to allow you to purge the StorageUtil of dead actors.

Also included are French and Italian translation files.  Special thanks to sdvr  and  orsonero for their translation work. 

Fishburger,

Edit:

if ratio > 65
ElseIf ratio < 35
Else
	return 2
EndIf

This code works perfectly.  With your permission, I will use a slightly modified version.

For those of you who use Sexlab Aroused (the original) or SAR versions below 19, you can fix your gender reporting problem by opening the Sexlab MCM journal and change the gender preference.  DO NOT just accept what is there.  It must be changed.  If it is set to what you want, just click on it a few times till it cycles back to what the default was.

Note that SexLab uses the SexLab gender, not the vanilla gender, for the 'gay' and 'lesbian' labels. So a female actor with SexLab gender set to male with a sexuality ratio > 65 will be labeled as "gay" rather than "lesbian". The IsGay() function will in such a case still return True (because that simply checks if sexuality is over 65 without doing a gender check).

To get the gender preference the same as it is in SexLab in all cases, you would need to check the SexLab gender rather than the vanilla GetSex(). Otherwise, the vanilla female with SexLab gender set to male and sexuality > 65 would have a preference for females according to SAR (because female and gay), but according to SexLab a preference for males (because male and gay).

With the 1.60 release SexLab now allows direct gender changing in its own MCM menu so this might become a bigger issue soon. It would perhaps be simpler in the end if SexLab offered a GenderPreference function like SLA/SAR rather than the juggling with terms that break down in the case of TS/Futas.

A few remarks regarding v19:

1. The PC gets exposure for watching sex of themself. Only for watching their own sex, not for seeing themselves naked.

2. I saw someone mention this before v19 was posted in the thread, so this has to be a v18 or older problem: the scanner quest aliases seem to get stuck. I was in the riverwood inn, had sex, then ran to whiterun with 2 followers, went into dragonsreach, shopped at Farengar's, and all the time I was seeing exposure increases for delphine, Embry, Hod, etc, all NPCs from the Riverwood inn. To test I started sex again, during sex only those nearby got exposure increases, but after the sex ended it went back to giving exposure increases to delphine and the rest of the riverwood crew again. It's as if the scanner quest doesn't get restarted so the aliases never refresh. I'm using kiwi log viewer to monitor the log lines as they come in on a 2nd monitor, which makes the problem easy to see, right now I still see exposure increases every 2 minutes for the whole riverwood crew even though I left it over 6 (game) hours ago and am inside dragonsreach. My PC is considered naked (wearing an armor but marked as naked). The 2 followers are wearing armors so not considered naked.

1. The PC gets exposure for watching sex of themself. Only for watching their own sex, not for seeing themselves naked.

2. I saw someone mention this before v19 was posted in the thread, so this has to be a v18 or older problem: the scanner quest aliases seem to get stuck. I was in the riverwood inn, had sex, then ran to whiterun with 2 followers, went into dragonsreach, shopped at Farengar's, and all the time I was seeing exposure increases for delphine, Embry, Hod, etc, all NPCs from the Riverwood inn. To test I started sex again, during sex only those nearby got exposure increases, but after the sex ended it went back to giving exposure increases to delphine and the rest of the riverwood crew again. It's as if the scanner quest doesn't get restarted so the aliases never refresh. I'm using kiwi log viewer to monitor the log lines as they come in on a 2nd monitor, which makes the problem easy to see, right now I still see exposure increases every 2 minutes for the whole riverwood crew even though I left it over 6 (game) hours ago and am inside dragonsreach. My PC is considered naked (wearing an armor but marked as naked). The 2 followers are wearing armors so not considered naked.

Thanks, I'll have to check this more closely.  As you say, this was indeed reported earlier.

Turns out, this was a bug and maybe serious.  If you had sex , two things might happen.  If you space barred through it too fast,  the scanner would never get unlocked and you would rescan the same actors over and over.

There was also a path where the scanner never got unlocked.

The enclosed pex file fixes it.

I'll put up another version on Monday

Everyone using version 17 or above should upgrade to 19 and put this pex file in your skyrim\data\scripts folder.

slamainscr.pex

Turns out, this was a bug and maybe serious.  If you had sex , two things might happen.  If you space barred through it too fast,  the scanner would never get unlocked and you would rescan the same actors over and over.

Everyone using version 17 or above should upgrade to 19 and put this pex file in your skyrim\data\scripts folder.

Thanks for the fast response, I was already starting to question my sanity trying to reproduce the issue (without success). It's definitely something that requires a very specific set of actions in order to happen, and from what I've seen a save and reload will unlock everything again. Never thought of spacing through it but it makes perfect sense now as I was testing some dialogues at the time so that's probably exactly what I did.

I am glad I wasn't the only one who had this happen. I never space through animations, so I guess I was just "lucky" to get the scanner locked somehow.

Thanks for fixing it, Fishie :)

Having an odd issue that's easily reproducible, but only happens when a sex scene plays immediately after another sex scene. [This happens a lot in a mod like DCL when you use the prostitution function: one sex animation plays, the actors redress, and another plays right away. Also happens in Defeat when you lost to a mob, or in SD+ when your owner makes you dance, yadda yadda.]

Figured I'd start reporting it here, but it may not be SLA at all.

The guys are losing their erections in the second set of animations. The first set of animations plays properly, with everything working correctly.

For the second set: each stage of the animations starts out with all male actors aroused, but they lose their erections almost instantly. Erections return if you hit the re-align button in Sexlab, but melt away again seconds later, only to return at the start of the next stage of the animation.

I suspect Aroused and Sexlab are fighting over whether the actor should be aroused. SLA may be saying 'actor has just had an orgasm, no arousal left, floppy dickage' and when you hit the re-align button or Sexlab advances stages, it re-reads reads the animation file and says "dick(s) should be in this position." 

Of course it may be there's not enough time between the animation events for aroused to do its thing,  or I may have very very consistent script lag in this one particular situation, or Sexlab Cumshot 1.7.1 may be borking something, somewhere. Or it's a 1.6 bug.

Or Skyrim may just hate me, that's always a possibility.  :D

[This didn't happen in 1.59c and SLA 1.7.]

Should note: not touching the space bar in either set of animations to speed through things.

Using 1.9 with the fixed script on this page (though it was happening before I updated.) Boring log with no obvious errors that I can see in the sex scenes attached. 

Papyrus.0.log

Quick question - Using BSA version of v17 and v19

I have installed v19 by disabling cloak in mcm from v17, waiting a few mins, saved and quit, installed v19 WITH the loose script on this page, reloaded. 

Loaded the save, no message about AR is ready to use, waiting many minutes a couple of times on a couple of saves. MCM menu is functional, but there is no cloak option, clean up is working. Should there be a cloak option in the MCM menu for v19? 

I also tried the above WITHOUT the script on this page, same result.

Quick question - Using BSA version of v17 and v19

I have installed v19 by disabling cloak in mcm from v17, waiting a few mins, saved and quit, installed v19 WITH the loose script on this page, reloaded. 

Loaded the save, no message about AR is ready to use, waiting many minutes a couple of times on a couple of saves. MCM menu is functional, but there is no cloak option, clean up is working. Should there be a cloak option in the MCM menu for v19? 

I also tried the above WITHOUT the script on this page, same result.

The cloak option never did anything in SexLab Aroused Redux (that's the optimization that fishburger made, removing the cloak). Turning it on or off in SAR had no effect, it was just there for nostalgic reasons ;) You only need to disable the cloak and wait when upgrading from SLA classic to SAR, it is not needed when upgrading between SAR versions.

You can find the installed version on the Settings page of SAR, if it says "19(20140124)" you're good to go.

The cloak option never did anything in SexLab Aroused Redux (that's the optimization that fishburger made, removing the cloak). Turning it on or off in SAR had no effect, it was just there for nostalgic reasons ;) You only need to disable the cloak and wait when upgrading from SLA classic to SAR, it is not needed when upgrading between SAR versions.

You can find the installed version on the Settings page of SAR, if it says "19(20140124)" you're good to go.

I'm pretty sure it's working fine, was just a little concerned that the cloak option in mcm was not there, and I wasn't aware that was the big change between the old and new Redux, thanks for the explanation. :)