Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

I agree that  it's fine that new area npcs aren't in are not aroused and return -2 which is acceptable.

I wouldn't want non loaded 3d being statted at all, as it's pointless to do.

But what I'm getting for example:

Walk into an Inn where I haven't been yet and actors in the cell are not yet processed.

Actors that are in front of me or very close to me, they are aware of me, they are close to me and I have been detected by them and vica-versa  and yet they are returning -2 for to way to long.

It's not a case of every actor needs to be aroused in an area, but ones that are close enough and have detected me and I have detected them should at least  return some value when querying the faction.

But it's just not the case, at times it seems that some new close by actor just doesn't get added to the aroused faction until I hit the stat key.

Yet some random actor that isn't in LOS (in another room away from me) hasn't detected me and I haven't detected them is in the aroused faction and the npc returns a value.

It's what I mean by hit and miss using the faction to query new close by detected actors.

I agree that  it's fine that new area npcs aren't in are not aroused and return -2 which is acceptable.

I wouldn't want non loaded 3d being statted at all, as it's pointless to do.

But what I'm getting for example:

Walk into an Inn where I haven't been yet and actors in the cell are not yet processed.

Actors that are in front of me or very close to me, they are aware of me, they are close to me and I have been detected by them and vica-versa  and yet they are returning -2 for to way to long.

It's not a case of every actor needs to be aroused in an area, but ones that are close enough and have detected me and I have detected them should at least  return some value when querying the faction.

But it's just not the case, at times it seems that some new close by actor just doesn't get added to the aroused faction until I hit the stat key.

Yet some random actor that isn't in LOS (in another room away from me) hasn't detected me and I haven't detected them is in the aroused faction and the npc returns a value.

It's what I mean by hit and miss using the faction to query new close by detected actors.

I guess I should probably do a scan when changing locations.

Sorry I don't mean to come across as a whining unappreciative know at all user of Aroused (I know very little).

I'm not knocking what it does or the way it does it as it works fine the way it is.

It was just an observation that I noticed while trying to query factions for a result.

For all I know it may just be a unique to me situation and no one else?

I love what you've done with Aroused and I'm very grateful that you taken the time to persist with it and improve it.

For that I take my hat off to you and Thank You.

Thank you for the input it's appreciated.

Will be looking into the ModEvent you mentioned (saw it in the description as well).

Will come in handy when I get to that part editing Attraction.

Give/Take a minor pump of arousal based on attractiveness to the player or vica~versa.

Still trying to knock out on expanding what attractiveness is based on eg: Eye color, voice type, beard/no beard etc.

As well as making it a little more user flexible as to how it behaves configured in MCM (updated and changed layout).

eg: user can select only certain or all element filtering as what to base attractiveness on.

(hopefully without cluttering or bogging it down).

Edit:

I now see why the original author of Attraction opted for not querying the faction and using slower method of using GetActorArousal() directly (unless I'm missing something or something isn't working right on my end with Aroused).

When getting Arousal from the faction when in an area you haven't been before then most the actors are not yet added to the Arousal Faction, therefore constantly returning -2 until you target them and hit the Aroused stat key.

All's fine once they are in the Aroused faction.

At least when calling GetActorArousal() from another mod your pretty well assured a valid return (well at least a higher percent chance of a valid Arousal  return anyway), relying on the faction value just seems hit and miss in areas you haven't been and the actors are valid.

Using Aroused Faction rank to get Arousal may return faster, but reality is it's slower over all due to the time length before a new area of actors actually get added to the the Aroused Faction.

That's what I'm experiencing atm.

Using the original way of GetActorArousal() seems to speed up the whole process of the new areas actors all being Aroused and Attraction statted  basically as quick as I enter the area.

(Probably at the expense of extra load on papyrus).

Maybe I can just do a dynamic hybrid of the 2 methods.

eg: Query Faction, if -2 then call GetActorArousal().

This way when everyone is already in the Aroused faction I'm not adding unneeded papyrus load.

Trade off of being slightly slower per call but still a little quicker then waiting for new area actors to be added to Aroused Faction.

sla_aroused being -2 is perfectly fine in my view for npcs not yet encountered.   If you intent is to compute attraction for every npc in the game to every other npc in the game, it really boils down presenting the results of attraction to the PC.  Therefore, it is perfectly fine to wait till the PC gets into an area.

One final note.  PLEASE don't use the skse method of scanning an area as is commonly done.  Use the method used by Redux or you'll end up with a papyrus hog that will kill everyones game.

Many of those "Papyrus Hogs" would be much faster if the author used the "Target Conditions" on the "Magic Effect" of their "Cloak Spell" to refine their selections before they reach the script instead of having the script throw out the selected items/NPCs/etc which aren't wanted. To re-iterate If the code is throwing out any selection that could have been avoided by using a "Target Condition" then the Papyrus has uneccesary conditions added to it and can be simplified.

I do understand what you'r saying, it's why I'm looking at targets in range that meet the criteria.

So the filtering via conditions on the effect is just something I'd do natively as it offloads stuff that shouldn't need to worry about even processing via scripts.

It's not the condition side of things that's a problem.

Basically, entering an area with new close by actors who are near the player really should have already been flagged by Aroused when entering an area.

It's not a case that Aroused isn't flagging actors in an area, it's a case of it flagging actors at distances that are not relative to player.

While leaving relevant new close by, detected and valid actors that are within close range and meet the criteria and are valid, are not being flagged.

It's not even a case of it's not instantaneous, it just seems stay that way indefinitely until i provoke aroused and then it actually does it's thing or the scan time passes and aroused does it's thing.

I can set aroused scan rate higher, which I don't want to do as it works fine at default once actors have been tagged.

I think fishburger67 nailed it on the head precisely.

TBH: I haven't checked how Aroused quest or quests had been set up,

I just assumed it would of been using SM Event Node on change location to fire a breif scan based on event data conditions.

Many of those "Papyrus Hogs" would be much faster if the author used the "Target Conditions" on the "Magic Effect" of their "Cloak Spell" to refine their selections before they reach the script instead of having the script throw out the selected items/NPCs/etc which aren't wanted. To re-iterate If the code is throwing out any selection that could have been avoided by using a "Target Condition" then the Papyrus has uneccesary conditions added to it and can be simplified.

I agree entirely.  The idea is to not have papyrus do any screening.  Many of the papyrus function calls used for screening like GetFactionRank() are very expensive along with many of the other functions.  Having all these function calls inside the esp and not in the script is certainly the fastest.

What I was talking about was the Cell.GetNumRefs()/Cell.GetNthRef() method of scanning cells that I see in so many peoples code (even experienced and highly respected authors).  I have shown that using alias's with conditions is something greater than 800% faster depending on the selection criteria and almost all of that time is done by the game engine, not the papyrus engine.  Whether you use a cloak spell or an alias fill depends on your needs.  Both methods are FAR superior to using getNthRef().  Using a cloak spell has the advantage/disadvantage of you the mod author having no control over the frequency (other than the spell effect length) and the ultimate impact on the papyrus engine.

I do understand what you'r saying, it's why I'm looking at targets in range that meet the criteria.

So the filtering via conditions on the effect is just something I'd do natively as it offloads stuff that shouldn't need to worry about even processing via scripts.

It's not the condition side of things that's a problem.

Basically, entering an area with new close by actors who are near the player really should have already been flagged by Aroused when entering an area.

It's not a case that Aroused isn't flagging actors in an area, it's a case of it flagging actors at distances that are not relative to player.

While leaving relevant new close by, detected and valid actors that are within close range and meet the criteria and are valid, are not being flagged.

It's not even a case of it's not instantaneous, it just seems stay that way indefinitely until i provoke aroused and then it actually does it's thing or the scan time passes and aroused does it's thing.

I can set aroused scan rate higher, which I don't want to do as it works fine at default once actors have been tagged.

I think fishburger67 nailed it on the head precisely.

TBH: I haven't checked how Aroused quest or quests had been set up,

I just assumed it would of been using SM Event Node on change location to fire a breif scan based on event data conditions.

I continue to internally debate the the value of doing a preemptive scan on location change (you don't need a radiant quest which is not reliable, you can just do OnLocationChange).  Locations can be large.  Whiterun exterior for example and in most outdoor locations, you can go for a long while and encounter LOTS of NPCs that are outside the current cell or scan area.  This means that while outside, Redux would function almost exactly as it does now except when you first enter the location.

There is no reliable method of detecting cell changes beyond the one I used in MiasLair and it has some problems of it's own.  The problem with detecting cell changes outside is that most NPCs detected with an alias file will be in two cells, and if you are running through town, you will be doing nearly constant scans.  In this case, WaxenFigures cloak spell method would be superior. 

However, because most uses of Redux do not care very much whether or not arousal has been computed within the last n seconds, I am debating it's value.

On the other hand, doing a preemptive scan adds very little load and so I don't see it hurting anything.  Just understand that it will have NO effect outside.

I agree entirely.  The idea is to not have papyrus do any screening.  Many of the papyrus function calls used for screening like GetFactionRank() are very expensive along with many of the other functions.  Having all these function calls inside the esp and not in the script is certainly the fastest.

What I was talking about was the Cell.GetNumRefs()/Cell.GetNthRef() method of scanning cells that I see in so many peoples code (even experienced and highly respected authors).  I have shown that using alias's with conditions is something greater than 800% faster depending on the selection criteria and almost all of that time is done by the game engine, not the papyrus engine.  Whether you use a cloak spell or an alias fill depends on your needs.  Both methods are FAR superior to using getNthRef().  Using a cloak spell has the advantage/disadvantage of you the mod author having no control over the frequency (other than the spell effect length) and the ultimate impact on the papyrus engine.

The Cell.GetNumRefs call is superior to the cloak spell in one extremely important respect: There is only one thread of execution with that method while the cloak spell will result in a separate thread of execution (and the overhead those threads represent) for every item/NPC selected which is why users who have too many cloak spells often get Stack Dumps. Your solution of using quest aliases combines the advantage of one script thread with the ability to tailor the selection so Papyrus doesn't have to throw any selections out.

For something i was working on for my own use (nothing to do with aroused)I opted for Aliases and find matching based on conditions.

Initially I used the SM node to fire it based on location change once again based on conditions that are stored.

SM Node fired one of my 17 scenes based on the matched node conditions to suite the location reftype or a keyword condition.

Each of the scenes has 1 generic script attached on the end phase to do it's sexlab routine.

Basically did no scanning at all, no magic effects or spells, no tagging npcs, no other alias attached scripts.

Only other script's it used was tif_ fragments to set a stored value based on the user dialogue selection when approached.

In general it took barely any papyrus overhead to do it's thing.

Not a fan of looping through GetNumRefs() to try and process results as you have both mentioned and I'm aware of it myself, it's to taxing on papyrus overhead, specially if your making multiple validation checks on each GetNthRef() (it's the loop and query on the Nth that is taxiing).

So myself i avoid using it period, unless if I want to dedug what is going on with a particular ref type in a cell so i can get an idea of the type of conditions that will be required to filter the stuff in the actual quest/dialogue/scene/mgef or any non script condition base I'lll be using.

For something i was working on for my own use (nothing to do with aroused)I opted for Aliases and find matching based on conditions.

Initially I used the SM node to fire it based on location change once again based on conditions that are stored.

SM Node fired one of my 17 scenes based on the matched node conditions to suite the location reftype or a keyword condition.

Each of the scenes has 1 generic script attached on the end phase to do it's sexlab routine.

Basically did no scanning at all, no magic effects or spells, no tagging npcs, no other alias attached scripts.

Only other script's it used was tif_ fragments to set a stored value based on the user dialogue selection when approached.

In general it took barely any papyrus overhead to do it's thing.

Not a fan of looping through GetNumRefs() to try and process results as you have both mentioned and I'm aware of it myself, it's to taxing on papyrus overhead, specially if your making multiple validation checks on each GetNthRef() (it's the loop and query on the Nth that is taxiing).

So myself i avoid using it period, unless if I want to dedug what is going on with a particular ref type in a cell so i can get an idea of the type of conditions that will be required to filter the stuff in the actual quest/dialogue/scene/mgef or any non script condition base I'lll be using.

Sounds like a near perfect solution although as I said, the radiant system is not 100% reliable in triggering what and when you expect.

Agreed the SM is not reliable at firing every time as you'd expect (depends how banked up it is I gather).

But the beauty of it was I didn't need it to fire every single time as I wasn't waiting on data it provides.
So it just added to the randomness of my scenes being fired on occasion when traveling around skyrim.

Be a different story if I was waiting for SM event to fire and basing data off what has transpired to complete another task.
But in the instance I was using it it was self maintained per instance of being fired (nothing outside the event depended on the event being fired).
This type thing is not that dynamic, eg: it's like pressing play on a media player with a playlist loaded.

Using methods that change the outcome based from another outcome at least adds some form of "wonder what will happen if I do..."
Which I'd prefer, but it just seems to open more holes to deal with errors and in turn more bloat and overhead in code, papyrus load and in general the game engine.

Not easy getting a happy harmony and balance sometimes :)

As debug I tested using SM just to fire a quest that has one objective that displays and ends.

TBH it fired fairly consistently while traveling around and testing it.

Sure it missed a change here and there, but caught way more then it missed.

Hey!

Just today I decided to start a new game and update some mods, Aroused being one of them and I moved from Aroused to Aroused Redux to try it.

I'm not entirely sure if the mod is working right now. I can see its entry in my MCM page but every option and "tooltip" are showing in a very weird way, with weird symbols, and when I hover over any option, instead of seeing the description below I see something saying something like "description tooltip" or something like that...

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hey!

Just today I decided to start a new game and update some mods, Aroused being one of them and I moved from Aroused to Aroused Redux to try it.

I'm not entirely sure if the mod is working right now. I can see its entry in my MCM page but every option and "tooltip" are showing in a very weird way, with weird symbols, and when I hover over any option, instead of seeing the description below I see something saying something like "description tooltip" or something like that...

Thanks a lot in advance!

What language?

Hey!

Thanks a lot in advance!

What language?

Oh God.. I'm sorry >_<

I figured I could simply install the new mods over the new ones and simply "deactivate" the old ones, as I was going to start a new game. Turns out Mod Organizer deactivated the .esms and .esps alright, but on the new mods... I imagine because the .esps have the same names.

Either way it's all working just fine now lol, sorry again D:!

Something weird lol. Sexlab aroused seems to stop working as the character reach a sertain level (as in level up) My PC reaced level 32 and all of a sudden aroused does funky things. aroused level is going down or just stuck at a sertain level, like aroused level 39. Using plugs or piercings does nothing anymore to affect the aroused level. I have a couple of other characters who are at a lower level and on them aroused works just fine. Any ideas?

Hai,

My PC Tenedia is level 20.  Nightgate Inn.  Sex act going on.  His 3 followers get exposure from the sex act but never my PC even when close enough to the two having sex the talk option on the cursor came up.  Why is that? 

Papyrus included below.   This has been happening for quite a while now.

The sex was triggered by SexLab Random Sex. 

Thanks for any help,

Pcgeekri

FYI: Not using the SLA patch.  (Don't even see it on the Downloads page.)  This is a situation where the PC has line of sight and PC exposure not updating.

Thank ye

Papyrus.0.log

I've been having some issues with SLA. PC won't get exposure even if there's people naked, or having sex. I've tried with different settings, and the NPC do get exposure, but my PC won't. It's something that happened with v16 also.

I've been having some issues with SLA. PC won't get exposure even if there's people naked, or having sex. I've tried with different settings, and the NPC do get exposure, but my PC won't. It's something that happened with v16 also.

Your problem will be else where or you have the scan frequency set too low.

I tried using this mod and for some reason it would always casue the schlong to be "too erect" aka not the proper position. Any ideas?

BTW i was using UNP SOS addon

No idea about SOS.  I don't use it, but I have to believe that one of the other 10s of thousands of users would have complained before now.

Hai,

My PC Tenedia is level 20.  Nightgate Inn.  Sex act going on.  His 3 followers get exposure from the sex act but never my PC even when close enough to the two having sex the talk option on the cursor came up.  Why is that? 

Papyrus included below.   This has been happening for quite a while now.

The sex was triggered by SexLab Random Sex. 

Thanks for any help,

Pcgeekri

FYI: Not using the SLA patch.  (Don't even see it on the Downloads page.)  This is a situation where the PC has line of sight and PC exposure not updating.

Thank ye

I don't see the scan that is supposed to take place after a Sexlab animation is completed.  I'll have to test this and be sure.

Your problem will be else where or you have the scan frequency set too low.

I tried using this mod and for some reason it would always casue the schlong to be "too erect" aka not the proper position. Any ideas?

No idea about SOS.  I don't use it, but I have to believe that one of the other 10s of thousands of users would have complained before now.

I have the scan frequency set to max (300 I think) default exposure to max as well and my character is pretty much aroused all the time. I still don't understand how the mechanics of arousal are supposed to be but i don't care tbh.

I can confirm this happens, regardless of schlong type. Typically at the start of an animation the schlong is too erect. Then when hitting Page Up/Down (or shift+Page Up/Down for PC) it will instantly move to the 'correct' position. In case you don't know, Page Up/Down are the keys used by SOS to change the angle of the dangle. Normally it goes in small increments, but as said at the start of an animation when the schlong is far too erect, a single tap on either will set the schlong at the correct angle (so even tapping Page Up, which should make the schlong more erect, will decrease the angle to the correct one). This happens at the start of each animation stage, so not just at the start of the scene.

I never really dug into it but I have a feeling it's some situation where both the SL animation engine and SLA are trying to set the angle and the result is that the positions are somehow added together, resulting in a far too erect position. I can't say for 100% certain that it is indeed SLA being a part in it though, since I've never played without SLA, and I'm not even sure if SLA tries to set the SOS angle at all during animations, or if it only does so when the actor is not being animated.

Hi, first thank you for your great work and a question: which file do I have to download the one with or without the loose ending?

Where is the difference?

Both 17's are the same, but the loose one has scripts and stuff 'loose:' not packed in a bsa. That is nice if you like to read and try to figure out how mods work. I usually unpack the bsa's, because I am curious. Maybe someday I won't be bewildered if I keep reading. Somethings I've read suggest that 'loose' might be a little quicker.

Version 18 Beta1 is available

This version fixes a bug where the player's arousal was not being updated when view sex acts by other players.  It also changes the default arousal test by removing the Line of Site (LOS) requirement.  During my testing in a spot with half a dozen naked actors, only 1 or 2 had LOS when the test was made even though ALL had seen the naked actor in the previous seconds.  I have considered this and decided that it is more accurate to update arousal of everyone near the naked person than just those who are actually looking that way when the test is made.  The result for me was that everyone's arousal increases a great deal faster.

In addition, I added an MCM menu option to purge Actors from StorageUtil.  This was at the request of Ashal.  If you check this option, a cleaning happens 10 seconds after you exit the MCM menu.  As long as the option is checked, you get a cleaning at startup every 10 game days.   This purge removes all dead or unimportant actors from Storage and should reduce the size of the StoreageUtil save data.  This means that you can force a cleaning by checking the box, then exiting MCM.  You can force another clean by unchecking the box, exit MCM, re-enter MCM and check it again and exit again.

I have tested this code pretty well and think it is fit for prime time.  However, just to be safe, I am putting it out for beta for a week or so.

Version 18 Beta1 is available

This version fixes a bug where the player's arousal was not being updated when view sex acts by other players.  It also changes the default arousal test by removing the Line of Site (LOS) requirement.  During my testing in a spot with half a dozen naked actors, only 1 or 2 had LOS when the test was made even though ALL had seen the naked actor in the previous seconds.  I have considered this and decided that it is more accurate to update arousal of everyone near the naked person than just those who are actually looking that way when the test is made.  The result for me was that everyone's arousal increases a great deal faster.

In addition, I added an MCM menu option to purge Actors from StorageUtil.  This was at the request of Ashal.  If you check this option, a cleaning happens 10 seconds after you exit the MCM menu.  As long as the option is checked, you get a cleaning at startup every 10 game days.   This purge removes all dead or unimportant actors from Storage and should reduce the size of the StoreageUtil save data.  This means that you can force a cleaning by checking the box, then exiting MCM.  You can force another clean by unchecking the box, exit MCM, re-enter MCM and check it again and exit again.

I have tested this code pretty well and think it is fit for prime time.  However, just to be safe, I am putting it out for beta for a week or so.

Makes sense. If an NPC is chowing down on their $5 OAP potato and sweet roll dinner in a quiet tavern, while the toon is flat on her back in front of the bar with another customer, you'd have thought that NPC might have noticed. (Just saying like).