Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Thanks for the posts. Just trying to understand more about this. It has shed much more light on me, cheers :)

Another question is -- I know scripts aren't ALL that bad(But it doesn't hurt to be cautious :P), but what are the ones that I should be really looking for and be careful with? I know Onupdate() ones have the potential of being quite nasty, but anything else I should be a bit more careful with?

Just make sure that you don't end up with too many polling effects, or some of them start failing and crash your game.

That said, I have (updated) Wet and Cold, Frostfall, Hunterborn (working reservs script time), Deviously Cursed Loot, Deviously Enslaved, SexLab Aroused Redux + several other mods in my game. My computer is a fluepump, but game runs fine, even during Civil War Overhaul quests - although I tend to close some adult mod features away from MCM, before running against endless enemy hordes.

It's about balance. I can't include Deviously Helpless to my game. Not that there is anything wrong with the mod, but my game fires enough polling effects around at it is. Including DH will make it fail and crash my game. My game ran just fine with DH, before I had moved to use certain other mods.

If you suspect that mod you are installing is too much, then it probably is. Vanilla Civil War is already a good comparison. If you don't think that your game cant handle that, then you are installing too many mods with polling effects to your game.

Wet and Cold is one of those mods that everyone loves.  It is also one of those mods I mentioned above that have a major impact on your game.  I am told that the new Wet and Cold is much better written, but I have not yet seen evidence of that and don't have time now to explore it.

Lovers Comfort is another mod that causes lots of load.  It too is a lovely mod, but you have to pick and choose what you want to run when you run mods like these.

Almost all these mods run fine by themselves or on really powerful machines.  Check out the Sex Slaves home page for a list of mods known to cause problems for users.

Wet and Cold is one of those mods that everyone loves.  It is also one of those mods I mentioned above that have a major impact on your game.  I am told that the new Wet and Cold is much better written, but I have not yet seen evidence of that and don't have time now to explore it.

that was to make you buy it^^

when you enter whiterun, the cloak spell load the script on all npc around you

with creature framework you get a lot of failure on x because creature isn't registered (script load on everything)

if you aren't able to do the helgen start, you have too much of those things, and you will have problems in heavy scripts area

they probably did it like that because of mods

if you add a spell to breton, nord, orc... you avoid the mess of the cloak spell

that mean a patch for all mods that add new races (skyrim immersive creature, bodychange, ningheim....)

but the java thing of the one who made skyre can take care of those patch

Scripted mods used to be a bigger problem than they are now, since the changes to skyrim compared to older beth games made it so scripts get baked into your save game. So trying out new mods is riskier because you don't know what kind of bugs the code has yet, you won't know until someone finds it anyway, and by then your save is done.

Or so used to be the case, current skyrim save cleaners can take care of most of that problem pretty well. Take wet and cold for example, the newer version does away with cloak spells, and removed a few other features that bogged it down like steam and I forget what else. This makes it a way more streamlined mod but the effect of those changes makes it so it's impossible to do a direct upgrade into it. Ideally, for the mod creator, to play with the new version you'd start a new game, but that's really not ideal for end users. If you remove it and not clean the scripts it's basically as if you hadn't removed it at all in terms of script load.

In short, script cleaners are a godsend.

Scripted mods used to be a bigger problem than they are now, since the changes to skyrim compared to older beth games made it so scripts get baked into your save game. So trying out new mods is riskier because you don't know what kind of bugs the code has yet, you won't know until someone finds it anyway, and by then your save is done.

Or so used to be the case, current skyrim save cleaners can take care of most of that problem pretty well. Take wet and cold for example, the newer version does away with cloak spells, and removed a few other features that bogged it down like steam and I forget what else. This makes it a way more streamlined mod but the effect of those changes makes it so it's impossible to do a direct upgrade into it. Ideally, for the mod creator, to play with the new version you'd start a new game, but that's really not ideal for end users. If you remove it and not clean the scripts it's basically as if you hadn't removed it at all in terms of script load.

In short, script cleaners are a godsend.

Script cleaners are not 100%, and unless you want to spend the month or so learning them, most mods cannot be removed at all (the original Wet and Cold was a good example).  You have to research every running script in a save to find out which mod is comes from and in a heavily modded game is a daunting task indeed.

The best advice continues to be, make a save before you like it, then try it out looking at your log periodically for issues, and dump the mod if there is a lot of papyrus spam and reload your save.

Thanks for the posts. Just trying to understand more about this. It has shed much more light on me, cheers :)

Another question is -- I know scripts aren't ALL that bad(But it doesn't hurt to be cautious :P), but what are the ones that I should be really looking for and be careful with? I know Onupdate() ones have the potential of being quite nasty, but anything else I should be a bit more careful with?

Just make sure that you don't end up with too many polling effects, or some of them start failing and crash your game.

That said, I have (updated) Wet and Cold, Frostfall, Hunterborn (working reservs script time), Deviously Cursed Loot, Deviously Enslaved, SexLab Aroused Redux + several other mods in my game. My computer is a fluepump, but game runs fine, even during Civil War Overhaul quests - although I tend to close some adult mod features away from MCM, before running against endless enemy hordes.

It's about balance. I can't include Deviously Helpless to my game. Not that there is anything wrong with the mod, but my game fires enough polling effects around at it is. Including DH will make it fail and crash my game. My game ran just fine with DH, before I had moved to use certain other mods.

If you suspect that mod you are installing is too much, then it probably is. Vanilla Civil War is already a good comparison. If you don't think that your game cant handle that, then you are installing too many mods with polling effects to your game.

Lovers Comfort is another mod that causes lots of load.  It too is a lovely mod, but you have to pick and choose what you want to run when you run mods like these.

Almost all these mods run fine by themselves or on really powerful machines.  Check out the Sex Slaves home page for a list of mods known to cause problems for users.

I've had the old wet and cold (1.4) and so far its fine for me. Although I haven't gone to any place where it might burden scripting loads, but so far it has been OK for me. But I'll get to a new game and definitely upgrade, because performance upgrades of mods are always a win for me :D.

And thanks for the link. I'm surprised Dual sheath redux got a mention though. Sometimes it throws up errors in the log, but quite rarely 

Although, I'm getting a lot of these thrown around in my log a lot of times:

Active effect 2 on  (0007AAC1)].CFEffectCreature.GetTargetActor() - "<native>" Line ?
[Active effect 2 on  (0007AAC1)].CFEffectCreature.OnSexLabAnimationStart() - "CFEffectCreature.psc" Line 79
[05/27/2015 - 02:41:58AM] ERROR: Unable to call GetTargetActor - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:

Is this an example of something that might stress out scripting?

<snip excellent script explanation>

The problem with cloak spells is, much of this is also true for cloak spells, with the added problem that cloak spells often are used to attach scripts to NPCs or objects. The original Aroused, for example, constantly fires off cloak spells that attach scripts to NPCs that set arousal levels. So not only is the cloak spell adding load to the game and causing potential brawl-bug issues, but it is adding scripts to NPCs that sometimes don't get cleaned up properly, adding permanent save game bloat.

This is the important difference between original and redux SLA really. Cloak spells obviously have their use as magic effect, but when they are used to detect nearby NPCs and then get a script instance running for each of those detected NPCs, you create a situation where you are potentially creating a large number of script instances all running at the same time. Each of those scripts have to share clock cycles, reserve memory blocks, there is a lot of overhead involved. Have 3+ of those effects running (say SOS, DSR and SLA) and walk into a busy inn and you get a huge spike in papyrus load with the risk of overloading the event queue and getting a stack dump and other nastyness, aside from just the noticeable hickups caused by the papyrus threads spiking the CPU.

The method SLA redux uses is inherently more efficient because it has a single script that handles all detected NPCs. So instead of 10 scripts all fighting to process one NPC each, you have one script that handles all 10 NPCs in an orderly fashion. This greatly reduces the memory overhead and active threads which improves the payrus load and as a result hopefully overall gameplay enjoyment :).

Of course all is relative to the gaming rig you have. Many of the players probably have a kick-ass GPU, but a a GPU isn't involved in papyrus performance which depends on a fast multi-threaded CPU and fast memory bus. The hardest thing to manage is your own expectation. If you have an i7 clocked at 4 GHz and enough memory not to need a paging file you can expect to be able to run pretty much whatever papyrus mess you want, but if you have a budget PC with a fast GPU but slower CPU and little memory, you may have to make some tough choices when installing scripted mods.

I've had the old wet and cold (1.4) and so far its fine for me. Although I haven't gone to any place where it might burden scripting loads, but so far it has been OK for me. But I'll get to a new game and definitely upgrade, because performance upgrades of mods are always a win for me :D.

And thanks for the link. I'm surprised Dual sheath redux got a mention though. Sometimes it throws up errors in the log, but quite rarely 

Although, I'm getting a lot of these thrown around in my log a lot of times:

Active effect 2 on  (0007AAC1)].CFEffectCreature.GetTargetActor() - "<native>" Line ?
[Active effect 2 on  (0007AAC1)].CFEffectCreature.OnSexLabAnimationStart() - "CFEffectCreature.psc" Line 79
[05/27/2015 - 02:41:58AM] ERROR: Unable to call GetTargetActor - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:

Is this an example of something that might stress out scripting?

No, this is an instance of an object not getting loaded, typically because the script is running in the save and the esp is not being loaded.

I cannot tell you how many players I have helped by telling them to remove Wet and Cold.  On the other hand, lots of players run it just fine.  Wait till you get to the rebelllion scenes though or you install another papyrus heavy mod.

I cannot tell you how many players I have helped by telling them to remove Wet and Cold.  On the other hand, lots of players run it just fine.  Wait till you get to the rebelllion scenes though or you install another papyrus heavy mod.

The beneficial feature in new Wet and Cold is that it allows adding all the gear to levelled lists. Previous version checked each character trough, added the gear, gave the call to use it and then often disabled them from the inventory. Check was done each time. New version adds the gear part of the default gear - if set from MCM -, so it can skip over majority of characters in the area and just give order to equip items they already have, but often they area already wearing them in cold areas. This means less wasted script time and much better performance.

I "cleaned" one of my game files to check the difference between old Wet and Cold and new one. The very long and somewhat resource heavy Dawnstar combat in Civil War Overhaul was only a week old, so comparison was still clear in my mind. Sure enough, the battle went much better in case of performance (this time I managed to lose the battle...), despite that I didn't tweak Wet and Cold settings at all.

I have also set most of the background services from Windows to Manual mode. That made a difference with several encounters, when backgrounds programs weren't trying their best to bleed out resources. I never understood why those are set active in the first place, because they all get activated when called. Microsoft isn't really known for providing optimized settings for gamers, so doing a little tweaking is usually a good idea.

I have also set most of the background services from Windows to Manual mode. That made a difference with several encounters, when backgrounds programs weren't trying their best to bleed out resources. I never understood why those are set active in the first place, because they all get activated when called. Microsoft isn't really known for providing optimized settings for gamers, so doing a little tweaking is usually a good idea.

I definately agree with this, but be sure you know which services you are disabling.

ok the arousel mechanics works fine on npc. but when i try to know my charcter arousel it say -2(and stat no name ). anyone met this before ?

Try pressing the selection key (N ?) with no NPC selected.

Just tried that .like i said it only says arousel level -2 . (without stating my name like it usually do).

I have been testing alittle and found that bug happen after i removed milk mod economy. enabling the mod again and going to earlier save fix it. but as soon i remove it .it goes from normal reading to -2.

This won't be a problem with Redux.  Somehow, the target is getting lost for the MCM puppetmaster.

This might seem like a stupid question.... but how do you actually start any kind of sex with a follower or an npc? Is it a dialogue or something? Because I'm not seeing any options or any hotkeys to purpose sex or something like that.

Think of this mod like a framework (same as SexLab itself).  Other mods tie into this mod so that they can use the "arousal" for other purposes (automated sex activity, checking receptiveness for an NPC to accept sex, etc).  You need to use other mods to initiate sex.  There are many mods that use the arousal system - prostitution mods like the TDF prostitution mod, lover's comfort/further lover's comfort (use the "further" one), Submit, etc.  Other mods don't use arousal at all (Matchmaker, Defeat, etc).  But again, Arousal does not initiate any sex acts by itself - EXCEPT if you hold the "check" key (defaulted to the 'N' key) for 2+ seconds, you can initiate masturbation for the PC.

This might seem like a stupid question.... but how do you actually start any kind of sex with a follower or an npc? Is it a dialogue or something? Because I'm not seeing any options or any hotkeys to purpose sex or something like that.

Give Sex Slaves a try.  LOTS of options for Sex there in interesting ways.

This mod does not handle that. You can hold down whatever key is set up to check arousal in order to masturbate- but aside from that this mod has nothing to do with starting animations.  check out the Sexlab index for other mods that handle that(check mindless sex or rape or bdsm or quests)

Edit:Ack! Ninja's strike again!

Edit:Ack! Ninja's strike again!

Yep, that 600lb ninja in neon green spandex got in just ahead of you (6 hrs before) and posted an answer... :ph34r:

Then his even sneakier 400lb neon purple cousin got in right before as well (3 hrs before) and posted another answer... :ph34r:

Damn those ultra-fast ninjas...  :P

Can anyone teach me what to do with the figures in the MCM so that the arousal rate can increase much faster than the default setting?
The default setting costs me few days to increase a few (Game day) and I found it just a little bit too slow.

what is the safest way to make a clean save/ upgrade a mod? i am looking for detailed instructions that are useful universally. my reason for asking this is being tired from having to worry so much every time i make a change to the game's files.  

There is no magic.  Just uninstall the old and install the new version.  It is that simple.  If you have the old Sexlab Aroused, follow the installation on the home page.  It is really simple.  Just go to an interior cell (best if there are no NPCs in it), turn off cloaking spell in MCM, wait a full minute, then save and exit.

Then, uninstall the old version and install the new and load the save you made.

If you have lots of saves you might want to load down the road, follow the procedure for each save

Then, uninstall the old version and install the new and load the save you made.

If you have lots of saves you might want to load down the road, follow the procedure for each save

oh sorry i guess i didn't explain well. i am looking for help on making clean saves. 

posted here because(to shy to ask via personal messenger :shy: ) and i wanted to get help from you personally.

i just can't get them right on my own. too complicated   :-/