Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

I guess I don't understand what you mean by a clean save.  Do you mean a save without any Redux remnants in it?  Or a save without the old SLA in it?

no lol. for the mods that need one before updated. this isn't a aroused redux related question if you haven't noticed yet.

i am just asking around in different threads if someone could share a tutorial on making clean saves. you're exp and very smart and thought that it a good idea to ask here :)

I guess I don't understand what you mean by a clean save.  Do you mean a save without any Redux remnants in it?  Or a save without the old SLA in it?

no lol. for the mods that need one before updated. this isn't a aroused redux related question if you haven't noticed yet.

i am just asking around in different threads if someone could share a tutorial on making clean saves. you're exp and very smart and thought that it a good idea to ask here :)

You can't get clean saves, the best you can do is save the game in a zone unaffected by the mod you want to uninstall, uninstall the mod, load the save and save the game again. That's a "clean" save. You might want to run the save game script cleaner on it. I would rather just start the game over though.

You can't get clean saves, the best you can do is save the game in a zone unaffected by the mod you want to uninstall, uninstall the mod, load the save and save the game again. That's a "clean" save. You might want to run the save game script cleaner on it. I would rather just start the game over though.

but you're proving my point right now. i need a tutorial on how all of this works in order to progress safely.

in short i need to learn. i can't even use the mentioned save game script cleaner yet.

heck a simple page or video tutorial on youtube would do if they go in detail with the subject. 

but you're proving my point right now. i need a tutorial on how all of this works in order to progress safely.

in short i need to learn. i can't even use the mentioned save game script cleaner yet.

heck a simple page or video tutorial on youtube would do if they go in detail with the subject. 

I think nobody bothered because it can't be done.

I think nobody bothered because it can't be done.

^the  reason why i came to ask in the forums . 

I think what swmas is saying is that there is no such thing as a "clean save".  It is only clean as long as you don't uninstall any mods.  A save becomes unclean when you uninstall mods that have scripts, mostly any script. 

When you make a save, it is clean (assuming you have not uninstalled a mod in the past).  A mod becomes "unclean" not in the save process, but in uninstalling a mod that has a running script in it that is stored in the save.

So, the best procedure is:

1.  Determine what mods you love.  Get rid of all the rest.

2.  Start a NEW game and play it.

3.  Never install a new mod or:

b.  Make a new save,

c.  Load the new mod

d.  Play the game and decide whether or not you want to use this mod FOREVER

e.  This includes making and checking your papyrus log for errors

f.  If you don't like the mod, uninstall it and load the save you made BEFORE you installed it.

Savetool.exe is dead simple to use but not foolproof.  Go to this link http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40181-sexlab-troubleshooting/ for instructions on SaveTool.exe and other better (but way more complicated) save game cleaners.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

thanks this is all very useful information. :D sigh shame only that it isn't possible to keep using the same saves when upgrading a mod to an newer version

You usually can

Only the very worst programmers (or at least those who are not very far in their modding career) make you start a new game.

I wouldn't use a mod that required me to start a new game when the mod gets upgrading.

You usually can

Only the very worst programmers (or at least those who are not very far in their modding career) make you start a new game.

I wouldn't use a mod that required me to start a new game when the mod gets upgrading.

i see. so it's not exactly recommended. i will keep that in mind and procced carefully when modding my game in future.

thanks again ^_^

You usually can

i see. so it's not exactly recommended. i will keep that in mind and procced carefully when modding my game in future.

thanks again ^_^

I guess I want to clarify one point.  When I say that you cannot uninstall a mod, what I mean is that you cannot uninstall a mod and leave it uninstalled.  Most mods when you upgrade require you to uninstall the old version and install a new one.  That is perfectly acceptable and is the usual case.  This will not generally result is save game corruption because when you replace one version with another (uninstall the old and re-install the new) the scripts that were in the old one are also in the new one (although they may be slightly modified). 

Skyrim's game engine puts a copy of all running scripts (along with the esps (or esm) that loaded them) in your save game.  Then, when you load the save, it looks for the "assets" required for this script in in the named esp file.   If the mod has been uninstalled and therefore, it's esp gone, papyrus errors are written to the log file and the script my just run forever consuming cpu time. 

So, to recap, it is OK and actually, normal,  for you to uninstall a mod and reinstall a new version of the same mod.  What is not OK is to uninstall a mod because you no longer like it and then continue on with your save.  Doing so will eventually crash your game.

Hope this helps

Mod suggestion:

I'm wondering if the mod author ever thought to trigger animations at different arousal levels. My specific thought is that when

1. arousal hits 30%, "pheromones" will be released causing surrounding NPC's (or just companions) arousal level will also increase

2. arousal hits 60%, the MC will infrequently start to breath a little too heavily and trigger a standing idle animation indicating horniness.

3. arousal hits 90%, the MC will additionally misfire magic spells and sword swings much like when using the cursed dildo.

I'm guessing, this kind of thing will add a scripting overhead. If that is a concern, I'd like to see priority given to #3, then #2 and #1 in that order.

Thanks for reading and any replies in advance.

P.S. I just remembered that arousal is supposed to be a framework. So, should I post this as it's own thread question as a Mod Suggestion item?

Mod suggestion:

I'm wondering if the mod author ever thought to trigger animations at different arousal levels. My specific thought is that when

1. arousal hits 30%, "pheromones" will be released causing surrounding NPC's (or just companions) arousal level will also increase

2. arousal hits 60%, the MC will infrequently start to breath a little too heavily and trigger a standing idle animation indicating horniness.

3. arousal hits 90%, the MC will additionally misfire magic spells and sword swings much like when using the cursed dildo.

I'm guessing, this kind of thing will add a scripting overhead. If that is a concern, I'd like to see priority given to #3, then #2 and #1 in that order.

Thanks for reading and any replies in advance.

P.S. I just remembered that arousal is supposed to be a framework. So, should I post this as it's own thread question as a Mod Suggestion item?

These are great ideas.  However, Aroused is basically a framework for other authors to use.  It just keeps track of arousal levels and needs to be as small and fast as possible because so many other mods depend on it.

I have actually had lots of requests for similar things (blushing on arousal for females) and the like.  The first two suggestions could be done mostly in code, but the idle thing is harder because the idles themselves do not exist that I am aware of and require a different set of skills.

If anyone with art and animation skills wants to tackle this, I will be happy to consult with them.

We have one arousal-based animation for females, where they idly touch their bodies while talking.  Redneck even made use of it in one of his mods, but it was very much in alpha stage, and the idle would override any other animation until it was completed (resulting in hilarious situations like a horny lass standing while sliding across the floor, brushing her breasts with an idle hand).  You'll want to look at the Arousal Animations mod to see if it can be implemented properly.

We have one arousal-based animation for females, where they idly touch their bodies while talking.  Redneck even made use of it in one of his mods, but it was very much in alpha stage, and the idle would override any other animation until it was completed (resulting in hilarious situations like a horny lass standing while sliding across the floor, brushing her breasts with an idle hand).  You'll want to look at the Arousal Animations mod to see if it can be implemented properly.

It is for that reason that I liked the blush idea.  But the touching herself thing would have been really cool if it could have been implemented without the other issues.  You could do a short timed animation while not moving, but that still leaves open the opportunity for stuff like you describe.  Maybe just hand animations, maybe with a piece of "furniture".  I noticed that Zaz works fine in arm binders.  Maybe I'll PM him and see if he has some advise.

Do you any idea where this animation is?

I was looking for the thread after I made my post.  Here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25165-testwip-sexlab-aroused-animations-v2014-01-09/

The animations themselves are also available on the Nexus.  I don't doubt that the issues in it can be fixed, Redneck2x just didn't spend a whole lot of time on it.  It'd make girls who are stripped naked try to cover themselves when spoken to, or idly touch themselves if their arousal level was high enough.  Beyond that... well, never really left the alpha stage, so it probably needs a lot of work.

Well, I had a look at both of these mods.

Fnis Sexy Moves, for what it is worth, it a very script heavy mod.  Those of you with heavy papyrus loads should probably consider not using it.  Sexy Moves also suffers from the same problem as Aroused Animations in that if you start moving while an animation is running, the NPC kinda glides across the floor till the animation is finished.

Aroused Animation uses NO scripts.  But, as mentioned, it looks pretty funny because the animations do not end when the NPC starts moving and that looks pretty unsightly. 

Either approach (substituting the animations in the idle animation list or script substitution) might work if the animations could be made in such a way as to be very small in length.

Sadly, I have no skill at this.

Fnis Sexy Moves, for what it is worth, it a very script heavy mod.  Those of you with heavy papyrus loads should probably consider not using it.  Sexy Moves also suffers from the same problem as Aroused Animations in that if you start moving while an animation is running, the NPC kinda glides across the floor till the animation is finished.

Aroused Animation uses NO scripts.  But, as mentioned, it looks pretty funny because the animations do not end when the NPC starts moving and that looks pretty unsightly. 

Either approach (substituting the animations in the idle animation list or script substitution) might work if the animations could be made in such a way as to be very small in length.

It's been a while since I played with FNIS. It is pretty clunky in its current form and not recommended for any extended use.

As I recall you could play animations on an NPC from dialogue and these would override other animations. But the real value of the mod was its ability to swap out the walk and run animations on nearby NPCs automatically. Granted these did not work seamlessly as it did not swap the standing idles to match so NPCs would sort of pop from one to the other.

What I suspect is that under the hood there are some key elements to dynamically and appropriately swapping regular idles on a per-actor basis. With a little more care these techniques could be used to greater effect.

I should also say that, if you are trying it out, you should return to an earlier save after uninstalling or use Skyrim Save Cleaner to remove the Sexy Move scripts as they hang around afterwards spamming your log.

It's been a while since I played with FNIS. It is pretty clunky in its current form and not recommended for any extended use.

As I recall you could play animations on an NPC from dialogue and these would override other animations. But the real value of the mod was its ability to swap out the walk and run animations on nearby NPCs automatically. Granted these did not work seamlessly as it did not swap the standing idles to match so NPCs would sort of pop from one to the other.

What I suspect is that under the hood there are some key elements to dynamically and appropriately swapping regular idles on a per-actor basis. With a little more care these techniques could be used to greater effect.

I should also say that, if you are trying it out, you should return to an earlier save after uninstalling or use Skyrim Save Cleaner to remove the Sexy Move scripts as they hang around afterwards spamming your log.

Ya, I looked carefully at the PSC files and I would never use this as part of my normal load order.  If fact, after evaluating it, I put it on the Sex Slaves "Not Recommended" list because of the papyrus load.

The problem for me with Sexy Moves is the same as with Sexlab Aroused Animations and that is the idle animations take too long to complete.  If the NPC playing the idle starts to move (run or walk), the idle animation continues playing to completion.

Someday, I might make a mod that just replaces the walk animations with a single chosen sexy walk, but that would get kinda boring I suppose.

For the time being, I am abandoning this idea.

For future reference: I took a quick look in FNIS Sexy Move's FNISSMQuestScript.psc and what it's doing is calling set_AACondition found in fnis.src that comes with the basic FNIS Behaviour installation. Most of the script is about handling version tracking and compatibility, but set_AACondition is used to apply alternate animations to actors (so basically have them reference a different walk animation in place of the default).

The big problem is that the only supported alternate animation sets are "mt_loco_forward" and "mt_locomotion" (the latter marked as "planned"). So by the looks of it the only dynamic animation replacement it supports right now are walking, running and sprinting. While this is enforced by fnis.src I would assume it's a limitation of the underlying system.

For now it looks like that approach is a dead end.

There is more information on Alternate Animations in the FNIS for Modders documentation which pretty much confirms this.

Still, dynamic animation replacement could be a lot of fun, and not just for this particular case. It's worth keeping an eye out for ways to make it happen.

For future reference: I took a quick look in FNIS Sexy Move's FNISSMQuestScript.psc and what it's doing is calling set_AACondition found in fnis.src that comes with the basic FNIS Behaviour installation. Most of the script is about handling version tracking and compatibility, but set_AACondition is used to apply alternate animations to actors (so basically have them reference a different walk animation in place of the default).

The big problem is that the only supported alternate animation sets are "mt_loco_forward" and "mt_locomotion" (the latter marked as "planned"). So by the looks of it the only dynamic animation replacement it supports right now are walking, running and sprinting. While this is enforced by fnis.src I would assume it's a limitation of the underlying system.

For now it looks like that approach is a dead end.

There is more information on Alternate Animations in the FNIS for Modders documentation which pretty much confirms this.

Still, dynamic animation replacement could be a lot of fun, and not just for this particular case. It's worth keeping an eye out for ways to make it happen.

Ya, I did exactly the same thing.  I think mt_idle is also supported though.  These two mods, Aroused Animation and Sexy Moves, do the same thing in different ways.  Sexy Moves changes the animations dynamically.  Aroused Animation sticks them directly in the animation list with conditions.

The problem is that the animations run too long in both cases.  What is required is a series of small animations that run for like 2 seconds.  Right now, if an animation is started when the NPC starts moving, the animation runs to completion before the running animation takes over and the NPC kind of floats across the floor (this is true of both Mods).  Fore tells me that he does not get a notification that an animation is concluded and so there is nothing that can be done.

However, the solution it seems to me is small duration animations.  If we could find some of those, I think we could make it work.