Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

I would like to make a couple requests

To turn the option for *this outfit is nude* to *how sexy is this outfit on X or Y gender* Of course Max slider would be registered as nude, so that way a super skimpy outfit could be really high on the skin showing, allowing those interested in the gender wearing the clothing/armor to get aroused faster verses something that has decent coverage, revealing, yet still seeming conservative, verses the slowest arousal as full covered armor. (many people seem to have Armors remodeled for the females, but the originals for the males, and this would go a long way, Or perhaps you just like the fully covered armor, and that turns you on.)

Also something that makes it so that the pregnancy node position might make arousal modified. Such as in the Being Female Mod. (some people are turned on, while others off by pregnant women.)

Also, if it isn't already added, because I didn't notice it, to generate an arousal rank for new people you are just meeting for the first time.

(If I knew how to mod, I would be creating a mod that does that as an extension to this mod, and if someone has already implemented these features, please direct me to their mod so I can add it.)

To turn the option for *this outfit is nude* to *how sexy is this outfit on X or Y gender* Of course Max slider would be registered as nude, so that way a super skimpy outfit could be really high on the skin showing, allowing those interested in the gender wearing the clothing/armor to get aroused faster verses something that has decent coverage, revealing, yet still seeming conservative, verses the slowest arousal as full covered armor. (many people seem to have Armors remodeled for the females, but the originals for the males, and this would go a long way, Or perhaps you just like the fully covered armor, and that turns you on.)

Also something that makes it so that the pregnancy node position might make arousal modified. Such as in the Being Female Mod. (some people are turned on, while others off by pregnant women.)

Also, if it isn't already added, because I didn't notice it, to generate an arousal rank for new people you are just meeting for the first time.

(If I knew how to mod, I would be creating a mod that does that as an extension to this mod, and if someone has already implemented these features, please direct me to their mod so I can add it.)

Thanks for the suggestion and it is a really good one.  However, the whole purpose of Redux was to minimize the CPU load of a mod that is very widely used and adding logic like this would significantly increase that load. 

I really like the idea of some way to increase the relationship rank of people you are first meeting, maybe a kiss or something.  And I agree about the pregnancy thing although I don't know anyone that is turned off by pregnant women.  I am gonna pass your request on to someone I know and see if she might do something.

Thanks for the suggestion and it is a really good one.  However, the whole purpose of Redux was to minimize the CPU load of a mod that is very widely used and adding logic like this would significantly increase that load. 

I really like the idea of some way to increase the relationship rank of people you are first meeting, maybe a kiss or something.  And I agree about the pregnancy thing although I don't know anyone that is turned off by pregnant women.  I am gonna pass your request on to someone I know and see if she might do something.

Well actively turned off by pregnant women might be going a bit far, but I certainly don't see a visibly pregnant woman and say to myself "Oh, I want to bone her now". At least not make me more inclined towards sex than seeing her not pregnant. To get closer to how it might affect people in reality, it might be viewed as a temporary adjustment, up or down, to their exposure, and have the modifier removed when the subject is out of sight again. This would also be good to apply to children, I think most people would be temporarily put off having sex while children are running around the room, but once alone again the children are quickly forgotten. Unfortunately the computational complexity of such a temporary adjustments to arousal is probably more expensive than the added immersion the system brings.

This might have been asked already, but the NPC arousal values do not seem to be updating like they should.  I have other mods that trigger certain events when a certain Arousal level is reached (Aroused Animations, for example) that do not trigger when I enter the room, but do trigger when I manually update the NPC.

Pretty sure this works fine.  I have exactly the opposite problem in that my Sex Slaves are always aroused.  Note that you or a follower must be naked for anything to happen.

Hi fishburger, what NeatLL describes is actually a real issue, but only for the faction rank in sla_Arousal, so if you call GetActorArousal directly you get the correct number (and at that moment of course the faction rank will be updated too, which makes the issue hard to track). The issue basically boils down to the fact that the faction rank is only updated when the actor has LOS of another naked actor, so if an actor doesn't see a naked actor for a day or so their faction rank will be vastly different from their actual arousal as reported by GetActorArousal.

Long (technical) description:

In slaMainScr.OnUpdate(), you call UpdateNakedArousal to update the exposure of all scanned NPCs and the PC for seeing naked people, or for being naked when they are exhibitionist. UpdateNakedArousal in turn calls slaFrameworkScr.UpdateActorExposure to increase the actor's exposure if they have LOS of a naked person. This function in turn calls SetActorExposure, where finally GetActorArousal is called which then updates the sla_Arousal faction rank.

The problem is that GetActorArousal is never called for actors who don't have LOS of another naked actor (which can be all of them if there are no naked actors around). As a result the sla_Arousal faction rank is never updated, even though the arousal of the actors will be steadily changing due to the passing of time. This effectively means that sla_Arousal does not contain the arousal value for an actor the last time they were scanned, but rather it shows their arousal the last time they saw a nude person (or if they are exhibitionist, the last time they were seen naked). Since this can be a long time ago, this often causes an actor's sla_Arousal faction rank to jump from 0 to 100 when they finally do see a naked person - or when GetActorArousal is called by other means, like pressing the N hotkey.

In order to make the sla_Arousal faction work as a lightweight way to poll arousal values, the faction rank has to be updated on every scanning round for all found actors, even when there are no naked people around, otherwise the only way to get the current arousal of an actor is to call GetActorArousal directly, which I believe is the thing the sla_Arousal faction is meant to prevent in the first place.

I have attached a changed version of slamainscr.psc that fixes this issue. I've been running it myself for a few hours now and it works fine for me. I got a bit dizzy of keeping track of actor references with the 3 separate loops you had in the OnUpdate event, so I rolled all 3 of them up into 1 (nested) loop to update all NPCs and the PC in the same loop. It looks a bit different because of that, but functionally speaking the only change is (should be) that on every scan GetActorArousal is now called for every scanned actor and the PC, even when there are no naked people around. That guarantees that the rank in sla_Arousal always matches the arousal of the actor during the last scan.

The only other change aside from OnUpdate is in UpdateNakedArousal where I made sure that GetActorArousal is called to update the faction rank even when there is no LOS. This was necessary to prevent GetActorArousal from being called more than once, since the loop inside OnUpdate does not know if UpdateNakedArousal will find LOS or not. I suppose the neater way would be to let GetActorArousal return true or false depending on if it updated the faction rank, but I did not want to change the interface in any way. I added comments to indicate where I made changes.

Finally another minor issue I found while debugging: the SLActor08 alias in slaScanAll has the Reuse flag set, and the SLActor14 alias has the Allow Disabled flag set, but the Allow Reserved flag not.

And the fix: attachicon.gifslamainscr.psc

Cheers.

IMPORTANT NOTE

This patch fixes a problem where if you do not have line of site on an NPC, their sla_aroused faction rank will not be updated.

I did some significant testing on this in Mias Lair Pleasure Palace and Dragonsreach (chosen because of a high number of actors), this patch slightly more than doubled the time required to calculate arousal.  The test was conducted as follows in both places.

1.  Enter the cell and set scan time to 30 seconds with 2 naked followers.

2.  Wait 1 minute (2 cycles))

3.  Go into an adjacent room with no other npcs but with two naked followers following

4.  Wait 1 minute (2 cycles)

5.  Exit game and view log.

Add all times together and divide by 4.

The result is an approximate doubling of the time required to complete the scan (from 4 seconds to 9).  Note that 2 of the 4 seconds is spent in a wait() state, so the real papyrus load is 2 seconds versus 7.

It is for this reason that I did not include the changed script in the distribution.  Instead, I made a patch file that concerned users can download and install.

Also, if you are a mod author and you NEED highly precise sla_aroused faction values, please recommend to your users to download and install the patch.

Well actively turned off by pregnant women might be going a bit far, but I certainly don't see a visibly pregnant woman and say to myself "Oh, I want to bone her now". At least not make me more inclined towards sex than seeing her not pregnant. To get closer to how it might affect people in reality, it might be viewed as a temporary adjustment, up or down, to their exposure, and have the modifier removed when the subject is out of sight again. This would also be good to apply to children, I think most people would be temporarily put off having sex while children are running around the room, but once alone again the children are quickly forgotten. Unfortunately the computational complexity of such a temporary adjustments to arousal is probably more expensive than the added immersion the system brings.

Thank you Fish for looking into it.

When I was pregnant, there are some guys who actually came onto me, just cause I was pregnant, and some guys who came onto me when not pregnant stopped looking at me cause I was visibly pregnant, Even an ex who got me pregnant, was why I suggested that portion of it.

As for children, thinking of the day and age, the "adults" were between 12 and 21 in those days, and in some places, an old maid by 17 if you hadn't married by then. Also, most never lived past 30. But I do like the way you think where Arousal increase might be paused when children are near.

Thank you Fish for looking into it.

When I was pregnant, there are some guys who actually came onto me, just cause I was pregnant, and some guys who came onto me when not pregnant stopped looking at me cause I was visibly pregnant, Even an ex who got me pregnant, was why I suggested that portion of it.

As for children, thinking of the day and age, the "adults" were between 12 and 21 in those days, and in some places, an old maid by 17 if you hadn't married by then. Also, most never lived past 30. But I do like the way you think where Arousal increase might be paused when children are near.

Children are excluded twice, so they don't even get into the list to process (had to do it twice because some mod authors were getting around the first one).  But, I could add a second scan exclusively for children and if they are near, abort the arousal update.  Would like to have a vote on this.

Children are excluded twice, so they don't even get into the list to process (had to do it twice because some mod authors were getting around the first one).  But, I could add a second scan exclusively for children and if they are near, abort the arousal update.  Would like to have a vote on this.

VOTE YES!

I will second this.

I just want to maintain the exclusion of children from sex mods.  However, it seems that the author is trying to prevent other mod authors from being able to get around this exclusion.  If other authors want to get around it, can't they just overwrite the files that would exclude children?  If this happens, shouldn't those authors be told to change their mods (if it seems accidental), and then get reported if they don't?

I think it would kill pretty much all sexual activity in most towns, as a lot of them have children which are constantly running all over the place. The ones I can think of which don't are Riften, since all the kids are stuck in the orphanage there (but Interesting NPCs adds an urchin to the market), and Windhelm where the flower girl has a work schedule that keeps her in a confined area at least most of the time. Whiterun, Solitude, Riverwood, Morthal, Dawnstar, Markarth, Rorikstead all have children running around. I think Winterhold might be child free but that's not really a town to be hanging outside anyway. In a lot of these places the kids also hang inside the Inns.

I think it would kill pretty much all sexual activity in most towns, as a lot of them have children which are constantly running all over the place. The ones I can think of which don't are Riften, since all the kids are stuck in the orphanage there (but Interesting NPCs adds an urchin to the market), and Windhelm where the flower girl has a work schedule that keeps her in a confined area at least most of the time. Whiterun, Solitude, Riverwood, Morthal, Dawnstar, Markarth, Rorikstead all have children running around. I think Winterhold might be child free but that's not really a town to be hanging outside anyway. In a lot of these places the kids also hang inside the Inns.

Yes, it would kill sex on the streets, but not in buildings as the scan is cell based and outside kids would not show up.

I guess I could put it as an MCM option and then everyone would be happy.

Arousal itself shouldn't be giving values to children and it doesn't. The mere presence of children should not be affecting Arousal at all with the singular exception of starting to masturbate via holding the arousal key down.

Beyond that it is the responsibility of the other mods to exclude children and/or child infested areas though frankly if they are close the worst thing that happens is you get the "You're naked" or "Naked! Naked! Naked!" comment.

Putting a lot of code into handling a rare and easily avoidable situation is a waste of time IMO.

Children that are asleep, should be ignored, like the homeless one in Whiterun she sleeps right outside, and behind the inn.(who I have adopted so she is no longer on the streets at night) Or if you have plans with the caretaker for the one who runs the orphanage (after killing Grandle the kind or what ever her name is...)

The children are on a timer to enter the inns, and are there only for a little while then leave for the rest of the night till the next night.

Day time in the cities, yes, the kids will run all over the place, but after dark, they vacate the cities and go home to sleep. So in essence, it's like putting a timer on it for when it will be available.

You can make day time move faster with console command set timescale to 100, then when night hits, set timescale to 1, so the nights last far longer, and the kids remain in bed longer too. (get timescale should tell you what your default is.)

Arousal itself shouldn't be giving values to children and it doesn't. The mere presence of children should not be affecting Arousal at all with the singular exception of starting to masturbate via holding the arousal key down.

Beyond that it is the responsibility of the other mods to exclude children and/or child infested areas though frankly if they are close the worst thing that happens is you get the "You're naked" or "Naked! Naked! Naked!" comment.

Putting a lot of code into handling a rare and easily avoidable situation is a waste of time IMO.

That is a valid point. However, using the Arousal Widget, did show children with arousal rates, so there is a mod or 2 out there that changes the children, who might not even know about these mods at all.

Taking a look through scripts, if I'm seeing things right, it looks like most mods use slaaroused getfactionrank rather than direct getactorarousal

Aroused Creatures, Blush When aroused, Creature Framework, Sex Slaves, Captured Dreams and on..

Might be easier to list the ones I have that use getactorarousal heh, appropos, dev devices integration, dev cursed loot.

Here is my take trying to cover the possible scenario.

Children should ideally not have arousal tracking on them. I feel like that "fit" the general consensus of Sexlab and if any might lighten up load.

Children present should not interfere with arousal tracking on PC and nearby NPC. Child are present in large part of vanilla game. Extra condition/check involve might introduces load.

I don't remember very well if exhibitionist actually only increase actor's arousal if they are actually seen or it just passively increase arousal as long as nude I don't use that option too often.

If someone really wanted to do the naughty with kids, they'd have to hack the SexLab scripts for that first, since SL blocks sex involving a child outright based on both the Child flag and racial checks. Anyone who could do that would find it trivial to remove the restriction from SLA too, as SLA has less code and an easier to understand structure than SexLab. The truth is you cannot stop it if people really want to, the best you can do is take steps to make sure your mod doesn't enable it, and SLA already does that very well by excluding the kids from all calculations and the arousal faction. This (as well as the checks in SL itself) prevents any mod that uses SLA from accidentally starting sex with a kid. As for mods that do it intentionally, why would they check SLA at all?

That is a valid point. However, using the Arousal Widget, did show children with arousal rates, so there is a mod or 2 out there that changes the children, who might not even know about these mods at all.

Sounds like you are using a very old version of the SLA Monitor Widget. The older versions did not actively exclude children but just checked membership of the sla_Arousal faction. The later versions will not show children even if they are in the sla_Arousal faction. Note that you would have to have a third mod installed that adds the children to the sla_Arousal faction in the first place to see them on the widget, as neither SLA nor SLAM Widget will do that (or perhaps a mod that removes the IsChild flag).

Also note that regardless of children being present in the sla_Arousal faction, this would still not lead to sex with kids as SL simply doesn't allow any animation of child NPCs.

Sorry to head off topic a bit here, but I am curious how Aroused handles NPCs that are not around the PC.   The first time you meet them the arousal is set to something random-ish? I presume that when they are out of the active area they just are not updated at all.  What happens when you come back to them, they just at whatever you left them at, randomly assigned something random-ish or is some effect applied based on how long it has been?

This has probably be discussed, but a lot of the mechanics related posts have kinda gone over my head.