10 hours ago, Vigor said:

Dunno if it's just me, but locked chests are never trapped. The mod only triggers a trap if I unlock the chest and then reopen it again (there is also no debug message when I unlock a chest).

Are you using a mod that changes lockpicking behaviour or stops the chest from opening automatically when you pick the lock?

3 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Are you using a mod that changes lockpicking behaviour or stops the chest from opening automatically when you pick the lock?

I have some combat mods, scarcity (for less loot), usual devious addons (+unforgiving devices), but nothing else special that could affect locks and chests. Since you've asked, I take it an issue on my side^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I've tried using this mod in Skyrim VR and ran into a problem. I know VR isn't overly supported but was hoping maybe I could get a little insight on the mod.

I get a CTD whenever i open another characters inventory, oddly enough any non-humanoid and object's inventory works fine. I've isolated the crash to only happen with this mod installed. I've even tried using only this mod and its dependencies with the same results.

So my question is, does this mod touch character looting at all? Trying to figure out if and/or what may be conflicting with it or if its inherently the vr aspect.
On the VR compatibility tracking page its listed as something that was proven working before.

Thank you for your time.

hello everyone, this is a google translation.

I have Win11 and Skyrim SE, I started new game with Being a Cow (Alternate Version) 2.0 SE LooseFiles. my character is 100% transformed. I did BaC on Being a Cow (Alternate Version) 2.0.1 SE LooseFile update and since then my game keeps crashing. With great effort I was able to start the game and deactivated all transformations in the menu. When I switched on head transformation again, the game crashed immediately, I installed High_Poly_Head_v1.4_(SE). Without head transformation the game runs fine. With head transformation crashes immediately. What can I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod! Enjoy very much!

I find that anal plugs do not lock. Other devices lock just fine. I use progressive and no chastity belt so get the plugs often and very ease to remove. I checked ssedit and don't see any overrides that remove locking (or any other override on device). Any thoughts on suggestions on how to get to lock? I have removed from available devices in MCM in the interim.

31 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

I find that anal plugs do not lock.

Only certain plugs that are named "locking" can be locked and made unremovable without wearing a chastity belt. A solution would be some alteration to the mod to equip an appropriate chastity belt whenever a plug is equipped (optionally vice versa too).

1 minute ago, Bane Master said:

Or just don't select non-locking plugs if the player isn't wearing a belt?

That works too, however inserting plugs if the player is already wearing a chastity belt feels a bit off, and having one on could serve as means to sort of ward against having receiving plugs from traps. Hence, the "equip plugs with belts" and "equip belt with plugs" options I recommended in case of non-locking plugs.

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

however inserting plugs if the player is already wearing a chastity belt feels a bit off

I know what you mean, but then again the entire premise of the mod is that the devices are being magically conjured into existence.

That said if/when I get a chance to look at this it we be easy enough to have a toggle to enable/disable it.

Lovely mod, I am having issues trying to make a setup where my character gets taken advantage off when they get gear from the chest. What I want to end up with is this being mostly or preferably ONLY echanted chest thing as in, I have others mods to handle me being in restraints, I just want almost auto response if say I sneaked in and got caught in a regular house. Any mod/settings combo someone found succesful for something like this? I just don't want people taking advantage of me me whenever I have ANY DD gear on because I have mods where I can't really avoid it like devious followers, I try to keep mods with auto lose assaults to a minimum.

• 1 month later...

Ok not a bug or anything. Just wanted to say i didnt download the mod because because I tought it was another Mimic chest which i already have. (im saying this but i got it mix up, like yeah less go TDH) So...im not sure what to say. Is it just me who tought it was about a mimic chest a not a chest that has a trap protection thing ? Either im totally downloading the mod now ?

On 11/19/2022 at 3:40 PM, Bane Master said:

Yes - it hooks looting NPC corpses to add keys, I don't use VR though so I'm afraid I have no idea what the issue is

He is not alone with the issue. I just came to the same conclusion but I have something more to offer concerning the cause.

My crash log always showed PapyrusUtil as the culprit for the crashes. I had the same behaviour with the new Slaverun Enforcer Mod. Here is the link to what we found: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/198552-slaverun-enforcer-standsalone/?do=findComment&comment=3947752

So maybe DEC is using a similiar function to ScanCellNPCs() that is broken in the old version of PapUtil causing the VR crashes.

9 hours ago, Silvain said:

So maybe DEC is using a similiar function to ScanCellNPCs() that is broken in the old version of PapUtil causing the VR crashes.

If ScanCellNPCs() is broken in VR then that is indeed the issue - sadly that means that DEC is not VR compatible

1 hour ago, Bane Master said:

If ScanCellNPCs() is broken in VR then that is indeed the issue - sadly that means that DEC is not VR compatible

Sadly yes. The most recent PapyrusUtil version on VR is sadly quite old. And we have no idea if Ashal will ever find the time to update it. So we have to cope. :D

The weird thing is that somebody in the Skyrim VR tracking thread listed DEC as compatible. So someone somehwere made a certain version of DEC work.

On 1/6/2023 at 10:06 AM, Silvain said:

So someone somehwere made a certain version of DEC work.

It's certainly possible to replace ScanCellNPCs with a vanilla function that does the same thing, the very earliest versions way back in 2014 used this method - it's more resource intensive though.

37 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

It's certainly possible to replace ScanCellNPCs with a vanilla function that does the same thing, the very earliest versions way back in 2014 used this method - it's more resource intensive though.

Nice to hear. A slower option is a lot better than a always crashing version. ^^

In case of the enforcer mod he switched to using vanilla functions only when the broken PapyrusUtil version (3.6b) was found. So regular user don't get impacted.