Just now, MysticDaedra said:

Is there something I need to do that I am missing to get this option?

Installing EC+ after DEC makes DEC not detect EC+ (or any other supported mods), since they seem to be only accounted for when DEC is first installed and initialized. You need to start a new game, unless there is another way to force the reinitializion process of DEC.

4 hours ago, Taki17 said:

unless there is another way to force the reinitializion process of DEC

There isn't - DEC was my first Mod way back when  so some things like this are not accounted for.

Next time I'm under the hood I'll add a check when the game is loaded

8 hours ago, Vigor said:

Does it work with DD SE 5.2 Beta 7? Events proc fine on looting chests, keys are removed, debug messages are correct, but devices are not equipped. So I'm wondering if it's DD's version or something else :/

Just re-tested with Devious Devices [SE][AE][VR]  5.2 Beta 7 and working fine

39 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Just re-tested with Devious Devices [SE][AE][VR]  5.2 Beta 7 and working fine

Thanks, I managed to get it working after disabling most of the mods and starting a new game, but now sometimes it doesn't proc on the first container open (all chances are 100%), especially if it's locked. If I open it again, then it always procs no problem. Maybe I need to disable more mods^^

23 hours ago, Vigor said:

sometimes it doesn't proc on the first container open

If you change a menu setting it will not proc on the first container you open after you close the menu - that's a "feature" of  DEC

I think everything is working fine and you shouldn't need to disable any mods ?

Edited by Bane Master
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jcyui said:

Thanks for cool mod,don't want to use dd, is it possible that opening a box has a chance to only trigger dc+ animation. Bring "rewards" to adventureloots。

dd is a master for the DEC so it has to be installed - but you can set the MCM so that only EC+ events occur

Hello

Is this the correct way to enter additional containers? Can I skip the hex to dec conversion and only use container name? [wishful thinking but probably not, eh?]

Some have different IDs but same name, I'm guessing that's ok.

Also:

Does the order matter with above and below lists? and anything else I'm missing?

Containers.json

3 hours ago, ssskn said:

Hello

Is this the correct way to enter additional containers? Can I skip the hex to dec conversion and only use container name? [wishful thinking but probably not, eh?]

Some have different IDs but same name, I'm guessing that's ok.

Also:

Does the order matter with above and below lists? and anything else I'm missing?

Containers.json 595 B · 0 downloads

Yes - this is the correct way to do it.

For additional containers that can be trapped the hex values are unique within a single mod - each mod can only have one value xxA12345B form ID, but another mod might also have a (single) form ID xxA12345B - this isn't a problem as the load order bytes ensure these two forms are unique when used in the game.

In the JSON file the first two load order bytes are not used as the name of the mod is present. 

For example - if your container is from mymod.esp and it's hex value is 110423ab your value to convert to decimal (ignoring the first two load order bytes) would be 0423ab. 

0423ab in decimal = 271275 so the JSON entry would be "271275|mymod.esp"

If you are just adding common containers then all you need is the name - all containers with the name will be treated as common containers regardless of which mod they come from.

9 hours ago, Bane Master said:

If you are just adding common containers then all you need is the name - all containers with the name will be treated as common containers regardless of which mod they come from.

Thanks. This is good to know. Reduces the hassle of looking up every hex in an online calculator.

I was adding common containers to bring it on par with DCL's container formID list.

Got a question.

Does anyone by chance know if it's possible to only have this mod affect only dwemer chests/containers via xEdit? I currently have the mod that causes Tentacle/slime attack via harvesting chaurus eggs and I was hoping I could get something similar with dwemer animations coming from dwemer containers.

18 hours ago, Altami said:

Got a question.

Does anyone by chance know if it's possible to only have this mod affect only dwemer chests/containers via xEdit? I currently have the mod that causes Tentacle/slime attack via harvesting chaurus eggs and I was hoping I could get something similar with dwemer animations coming from dwemer containers.

You would need to edit the formlist dt_containerformlist (xx001829 ) and remove all the containers you don't want to trigger traps, then also remove any unwanted forms from "dt_additional" in the Containers.json  file.

Thank you very much!
I removed the non-dwemer related forms and looked at the json file.

The only 2 forms in the "dt_additional" category are the following:

"dt_additional" : [ "1055893|Skyrim.esm", "557932|Skyrim.esm" ]

I couldn't really find what they are refering to so I currently let them be. I'll update this when I manage to test out what I currently got.

2 hours ago, Altami said:

"dt_additional" : [ "1055893|Skyrim.esm", "557932|Skyrim.esm" ]

Form IDs in the json file are in decimal.  You have to convert them to hexadecimal to look them up in Skyrim.  (The Windows Calculator has a Programmer mode for that.)  Those two containers are Black-Briar Mead Barrel and Honningbrew Mead Barrel.

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Form IDs in the json file are in decimal.  You have to convert them to hexadecimal to look them up in Skyrim.  (The Windows Calculator has a Programmer mode for that.)  Those two containers are Black-Briar Mead Barrel and Honningbrew Mead Barrel.

Thank you!

I figured I might have been doing something wrong but am still a bit new to modifying plugins in xEdit so wasn't sure what it was.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Player80 said:

Hey, I've added furnitures as a possible trap and everything seems to work correctly.

The script now checks for furnitures before checking for estrus, I didn't want things to get too complicated.

May I share the new scripts + esp here?

Sure - please be sure to explain exactly what they do.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, creepycream said:

After some testing it seems this mod is not compatible with QuickLootRE. I set the probability for all options to the max but when looting with QuickLootRE no traps, as soon as I search the container (pressing R key) the traps triggers.

Afraid DEC won't be compatible with anything that changes container activation - QuickLootRE falls into this category.