Made a xEdit Script to Patch for DEC with devices from other mods (DDEquip, Unforgiving Devices, anything that uses zad/UD inventory scripts), so they are available for choosing in the cursed container events.

Place the Script and the Txt file in the xEdit "Edit Scripts" folder, then select the mods you want to scan for devices, or your whole load order.

You can also run the script multiple times, by manually selecting the mods/devices you want to add individually, new devices will be added to the FormLists only if not present already.

Right Click -> Apply Script... -> 'Skyrim - Devious Enchanted Chests - Regenerate FormLists.pas

A ESL-Flagged esp named 'dD Enchanted Chests - Patch.esp' will be created if not present, and it'll output the device themes file to 'SKSE\Scripts\dtraps\ddLib.json'.

Delete the Patch ESP and reopen xEdit, or right-click delete the overriden FLST records and run the script again if you want a device to be removed from the FormLists after a rule edit.

Spoiler for more details on how to edit the rules file

Spoiler

Tests are semicolon separated, and are 'and'-ed together, and ALL the tests in a given rule must be evaluated to True(+) or False(-) for it to match.

dtraps_zad_DeviousHarnessRope=+KWDA:zad_DeviousHarness;+FULL:Rope

Puts the device in the dtraps_zad_DeviousHarnessRope FormList, if the device:

1. Has the keyword zad_DeviousHarness AND
  2. Contains Rope (case sensitive) in its Name,

Rules are tested top to bottom, the first match is applied.

Separate lines can be used for the same FormList name to achieve 'or'-ing, eg

dtraps_zad_DeviousHarnessRope=+KWDA:zad_DeviousHarness;+FULL:Rope
dtraps_zad_DeviousHarnessRope=+KWDA:zad_DeviousHarness;+EDID:rope

Lines starting with *= are applied to all rules

Rules are either Positive or Negative evaluations (+FILE, -FULL, etc) and can be one of the 4 types

• FILE: Esp name (Exact Match)
  • KWDA: Keyword (Exact Match)
  • FULL: Display Name (Partial Match)
  • EDID: Editor ID (Partial Match)

DEC - FormList Updater.7z

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I am worried here. I encounter the same issue that an user posted before. By that i mean i have to open containers twice and particularly those locked to trigger a calculation of chances for DD trap.

I enabled the debug messages and succeful picking nothing happens. By that i mean no debug messages. When i reopen the chest. Initializing appear and chances are calculated. Weird...... :( 

Someone has an idea? 

Edited by Chloe Rose
  • 2 weeks later...

Think I've discovered a bug. On the latest version of Skyrim SE (guess they call that AE now?), and it seems setting the restraints threshold to 0, which should disable the threshold according to its description, actually makes it so no devices can be equipped. Looking through the scripts it seems there's no check for the value being 0 and it uses the value raw, so having it set to 0 will mean the number of items it's trying to equip will never be higher than 0 unless the threshold is raised. Setting the threshold to the max essentially disables the threshold so it's not much of an issue, but I figured I'd point it out.

5 hours ago, HeckinBestBork said:

it seems setting the restraints threshold to 0, which should disable the threshold according to its description, actually makes it so no devices can be equipped.

Thanks for the report - I'll take a look next time I'm working on DEC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has it already been thought of or mentioned the possibility to add doors? Is it something I could add with no real skill at coding? Would this be something Bane Master can incorporate in the next update if there was one? If it has already been noted in this thread, I apologize. I went about 6 or 7 pages and didn't see anything. I did see something about traps on bodies... Would doors be handled the same way?

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, Bane Master said:

It's certainly possible to replace ScanCellNPCs with a vanilla function that does the same thing, the very earliest versions way back in 2014 used this method - it's more resource intensive though.

Sooooo, kinda uncomfortable to ask... But maybe you can do lil patch'ik which will replace broken function with vanilla one? Or is it complicated work? 

25 minutes ago, TU106-400A-A1 said:

replace broken function with vanilla one

The function is not broken, it works fine in LE/SE/AE but is unfortunately not supported in VR.

So - yes I can look at it next time I'm working on DEC, but as I don't have VR and I'm not going to change the function for a worse solution for all the other users we need a way to detect VR in script so that it can use the "old" method whilst everyone else sticks with the current one.

10 hours ago, Bane Master said:

The function is not broken, it works fine in LE/SE/AE but is unfortunately not supported in VR.

So - yes I can look at it next time I'm working on DEC, but as I don't have VR and I'm not going to change the function for a worse solution for all the other users we need a way to detect VR in script so that it can use the "old" method whilst everyone else sticks with the current one.

I don't know how to code, I'm only suggesting. Ofc you don't need to force all users use worse method, but can't you just do one version for everyone else which will use normal method, and another one with old method only for vr users. So kinda just  create separated version for vr, and ppl can select between them in downloads section.

If anything, I'd suggest a toggle in the MCM to use the old or new scanning function.  That keeps all the code together, players won't accidentally download the wrong version, the author can easily test it, and the choice would also be available for non-VR players who might have some niche case where the old function works better for them.

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'd suggest a toggle in the MCM to use the old or new scanning function.

I can see why you'd suggest it - but I would much prefer an automated solution. There must be a way to determine if the version being used is VR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's New in Version V3.20 SE/LE

Released 

• DEC now requires PowerofThree's Papyrus Extender
  • Updated device equip functions to be faster and less resource intensive
  • Added Devious device data caching to further reduce script load
  • Added a global trap cooldown setting to the MCM
  • NPC and Follower scans now use PO3 functions for greater efficiency and compatibility with VR
20 minutes ago, Sarif3 said:

Does anyone have the old 3.11 version? It was required by a wabbajack mod list and the new 3.2 doesn't play nice with it, but 3.11 doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. 

Wabbajack is a Tool of the Devil himself

But thanks for the 'Heads Up' that there's a 3.2 version out there LOL.  I'd missed that ... LOL

Edited by DonQuiWho
41 minutes ago, wareware said:

@Bane Master Weird question but whats the reason behind loading the keywords in dtraps_dDevices on game load rather than assigning them as property?

notepad_RvpHLiNlIr.png.78b7e5af726ccb49c27ab6a9e8f389b1.png

TBH - no particular reason in this case other than habit & not being bothered to load the esp and add the properties when writing the code! ?

It is a useful technique to support external mods without adding them as masters - FSM is a good example of this, it supports a range of mods (Devious Devices, Toys & Love, Sexlab) without any dependency on them.

• 3 weeks later...