Oh I thought I was getting the buffs, but turns out it was just stamina and mana regen boost (vanilla buff I guess).

Yeah it seems I have all the scripts, does the mod have to be placed anywhere specific in the load order ?

I place it pretty low in my load order, but I don't think it matters as long as it's below sexlab.

And the vanilla effect is actually just an immediate 25 point stamina restore, and nothing else... so if you're getting the stamina and magicka regen boosts, then that's the mod working as intended. And you've got the MCM... this is strange, it looks like somehow the script is just not activating, you're just getting the modified effects from consuming the item.

Maybe post your load order? I don't know if it'll reveal anything... I'm sure you don't have a mod in there such as "this_mod_makes_skooma_whore_not_work_properly.esp" but you never know...

Oh I thought I was getting the buffs, but turns out it was just stamina and mana regen boost (vanilla buff I guess).

Yeah it seems I have all the scripts, does the mod have to be placed anywhere specific in the load order ?

I place it pretty low in my load order, but I don't think it matters as long as it's below sexlab.

And the vanilla effect is actually just an immediate 25 point stamina restore, and nothing else... so if you're getting the stamina and magicka regen boosts, then that's the mod working as intended. And you've got the MCM... this is strange, it looks like somehow the script is just not activating, you're just getting the modified effects from consuming the item.

Maybe post your load order? I don't know if it'll reveal anything... I'm sure you don't have a mod in there such as "this_mod_makes_skooma_whore_not_work_properly.esp" but you never know...

post-420592-0-59468700-1413595637_thumb.png

Here it is. Also when I talk to the dealers I only have the option to sex out for the skooma, no matter how much money I have, don't know it's supposed to be like that?

attachicon.gifloadorder.png

Here it is. Also when I talk to the dealers I only have the option to sex out for the skooma, no matter how much money I have, don't know it's supposed to be like that?

Yeah, you can either buy skooma from them through standard merchant dialog or offer your body in exchange for a bottle.

I don't see anything in that picture that would suggest it's messing with Skooma Whore... I'm kind of stumped. Looks like you'll have to wait until Guffel gets back online and hope he'll have an answer... sorry I couldn't help.

Yeah, you can either buy skooma from them through standard merchant dialog or offer your body in exchange for a bottle.

I don't see anything in that picture that would suggest it's messing with Skooma Whore... I'm kind of stumped. Looks like you'll have to wait until Guffel gets back online and hope he'll have an answer... sorry I couldn't help.

It's okay thanks for the help anyway, I'll try to simply reinstall the mod, and see if that helps. Just wanted to see if anyone in here had any suggestions before I did it :)

It's okay thanks for the help anyway, I'll try to simply reinstall the mod, and see if that helps. Just wanted to see if anyone in here had any suggestions before I did it :)

Uninstall and do a clean save before reinstalling.

Hey, psst, psst. Hey you! Yes, you! You look weary looking for mods. I have something to help you relax while playing Skyrim, if you are intrested.

Short Describtion:

This mod gives Skooma some reasonable effects and adds a mechanic handling possible addiction. Skooma gives you a movement speed bonus and increases stamina regeneration for a short time, after that the stamina regeneration is decreased for a few minutes. That´s it. But if you take too much Skooma in a short time you will get addicted and then suffer withdrawal symptoms after a while not taking any Skooma. The higher your addiction stage is, the weaker the effecs of Skooma get. Additionally you can pay the dealer occationally met on the streets with your body for Skooma and finally, if you carry your drug abuse too far, start working in a brothel for your Skooma.

Detailed Describtion:

This mod, for now, covers Skooma and Sleeping tree sap. Both have a "Drug Strength" assigned to it. Each time the player drinks a bottle the strength value is added to a pool. If certain thesholds are exceeded the player becomes addicted or increases his addiction stage. The thresholds between two stages increases exponential. Addiction is handled through five addiction stages:

• Experimentation
  • Regular Use
  • Risky Use
  • Dependence
  • Addiction

Each stage is applied as abillity and has negative effects on it to represent withdrawal symptoms. On the Skooma are the hidden effects in the same strenght as the withdrawals, but positive, so they cancel them out. These suppression effect last for 5-2 hours in game. The idea behind this mechanic is that you don´t suffer any huge disadvantages after taking the drug, but just come done to your normal niveau. But after a couple of hours the withdrawals come into effect to show that your body wants the next dose.
To get rid of addiction you just must wait an endure the withdrawals. The drug pool value reduces itself by a daily amount and the addiction stages are adjusted according to their thresholds.

The mods comes with a MCM. You can change between three "speeds" which changes the addiction thresholds proportionaly. Also the daily recovery value can be freely changed.
Skooma can be cooked at a cooking pot from 1 moon sugar and 1 nightshade. Prerequisite is the player having the Physicist perk in the alchemy tree.

The drug dealer met on the road have now a special greeting dialouge for every addiction stage and have a dialouge option to pay for Skooma with sex. But be warned, they know drug addicts and how to expoit them!

In every Major City is now one permanent dealer. To give them a bit of a personel life they wander between diffrent places istead of just hanging around in the local Inn all the time. For now they all have the same dialouge but I want to change that in the future. The exact locations are in the spoiler.

Whiterun:
Name: Bora, imperial, blind on one eye and wearing an inperial armor.
3 locations; (don´t worry, he isn´t in the cloud district very often, too) when entering the city, on the left side on top fo the little building, then in the graveyard and inside the Drunken Huntsman.

Markarth:
Name: Terebra, dark elf, wearing a mage hood
2 locations; inside the Warrens (where else) and, when facing to the door of the temple of dibella, at the right handside at the dead end of the corridor.

Windhelm:
Name: Godfred Talsee, nord, very old and wearing blue fine clothes
1 location; in the first floor of Candlehearth Hall (ok, I couldn´t think of good places so he has no life)

Riften:
Name: Rajela, khajit, look pretty shady
3 locations; inside Haelgas Bunkhouse, when coming in to the right handside. Down at the canal in the corner behind the marked place. And in the ratway at the beginning the this first alcove to the left.

Solitude:
It´s Angeline from Angelines Aromatics. She just sells Skooma and Moonsugar with the other stuff (just imagine that she does it under the counter). She has some special dialouge, but I leave it for you to find out.

As a bonus feature on the highest addiction stage the player can trigger a quest at any of the dealer which gives him the opportunity to work in a special brothel and get paid in Skooma.

The effects in detail:

Skooma on all stages: 15 Healt Damage, 20 Magika Damage

Addiction Stage 1:
Skooma: movement speed +25%/ 60 s, stamina regen +50/ 60s, stamina regen damage - 25%/ 6 5 min
Withdrawals: none

Addiction Stage 2:
Skooma: movement speed +25%/ 60 s, stamina regen +50/ 60s, stamina regen - 25%/ 6 5 min, withdrawal
suppression 24 min 100 min
Withdrawals: - 20% stamina regen

Addiction Stage 3:
Skooma: movement speed +25%/ 55 s, stamina regen +50/ 55s, stamina regen damage - 25%/ 5 4 min,
withdrawal suppression 21 min 80 min
Withdrawals: - 30% stamina regen, - 20% magika regen, - 10 speech

Addiction Stage 4:
Skooma: movement speed +20%/ 50 s, stamina regen +30/ 50s, stamina regen damage - 20%/ 4 3 min,
withdrawal suppression 18 min 60 min
Withdrawals: - 50% stamina regen, - 50% magika regen, - 20 speech

Addiction Stage 5:
Skooma: movement speed +15%/ 45 s, stamina regen +20/ 45s, stamina regen damage - 15%/ 3 2 min,
withdrawal suppression 15 min 40 min
Withdrawals: - 90% stamina regen, - 90% magika regen, - 80 speech

Requirements:
SexLab Framework
Fus Ro Do-h

Comments:
This version is still considered beta. It is stable and bug free (as far as I can tell) but I´m still not sure with the balance of the Skooma and withdrawal effects.
I hope a lot of you are willing to test this mod and give me feedback weather I can leave the effects as they are or if they need to be adjusted.

I wanted to make Skooma a real drug as it should be with a tempting effect. There are already mod for this but they all didn´t go far enought regarding withdrawals syptoms. The mod I saw had some negative effects on the Skooma which ended after a short time or were too strong to be playable.
I wanted the withdrawals a nasty stone in the shoe which can be ignored at first but getting stronger over time. You can take Skooma to get rid of them for a time but therefore risk to become more addicted.

All dialouge with the dealer come after tha "What are you talking about?" option. The brothel quest can only be activated when on addction stage 5 but once activated the player can go back there every time. The brothel is located in the Mixwater Mill Workers House, which is unused by the vanilla game and has a fitting run-down atmosphere.

Unfortunately the effects of the Skooma are not shown under "Active Effects" in the magic inventory. This it because the effects decrease with higher addiction stage I added every single effect 4 times to the Skooma and used conditions to make only one be active at a time. But all effects are shown in the menue, dispite only one is acually active. This clutters the menue too much so I disabled the UI for them and you have to trust the information given here.

Credits:

Ashal for SexLab Framework

this is a really good idea. I'll have to test this mod out.

It is a very cool mod, even as is, but yes many of us are hoping for a bit more depth, particularly in the final stage. Guffel seems to be around, but hasn't posted in this thread in a bit, so it's hard to say what the status of any possible updates might be.

Either way, I've made this mod more or less a permanent part of my mod lineup.

Like Ashra said, this has become a permanent addition to my active mods. And like many others, I am hoping it is still in development.

I would love to see the brothel become more fleshed out.

Regardless of further development, this is the best skooma mod out there.

About the brothel. It is my understanding that our illustrious author did not intend for the brothel to be the "goal" or end point of the mod. (Whether he anticipated and allowed for the intense interest the brothel would generate is a different subject. :P ) It's there solely so the cash-strapped player has a way to get some skooma, and then hit the road. As such, the brothel is bleak and dehumanizing, and you're not supposed to end up as a permanent resident.

In short: the brothel is already complete.

Just thinking what would be a good idea is like what the hardcore skooma overhaul does is handling the addiction by reducing health per hour over a couple of hours.

This along with a few other things people have mentioned like the first couple of bottles of double skooma might be free as a favour from one of the dealers and the idea of being locked in the brothel with needing to either get lock picks dropped
by customers or having to pick pocket them to get them (with some form of punishment if you get caught).

What i was wanting to look at with this is replacing the health / stamina potions in the game with varying strengths of skooma that do the same thing as both of them.

Currently with the effect skooma has i have no need or want to really use them.

Punishment could also be a good idea with arrests if in possession of skooma (i.e you'll get searched if high in a city) but a potion to counter the health effects would be required else you'll just die in prison.

Unfortunately creation kit keeps crashing for me so i can't look at doing so yet :(

I would also like to know whether this mod is still evolving. I have plans to start a new game in which I have no intentions to add or remove mods during at all. What I am sort of missing here is a *reason* to take Skooma. The Skooma really isn't that useful and currently moving to Skooma would IMO require an earlier phase that pushes you into trying the Skooma in the first place, as the Skooma effects are not that interesting.

There are options on how to do that but I could just as well throw 2 suggestions on the table.

1) Your char gets drugged during a rape event or special encounter leading to rape (or slavery, or maybe work together with Sanguine's Debauchery where your master hooks you up with Skooma.. or something similar...)

2) Starts out as a more generic potion sipping, possibly tied to arousal. Especially if your arousal is maxed out and you are wearing a chastity belt, you try to endure your situation by drinking things.As in involuntary drinking, forced by the mod. Could start with alcohol or possibly stamina potions. Could even start out with completely random 'potion tests' as you try to relieve your frustrations. The potions *do* use all kinds of ingredients anyway so it is safe to assume they have some side effects that are not even mentioned in the base game ;)

Or it could be even both or some strange combination of those 2 things. Or something Completely Different but for now it just feels like there is no 'need' to play around with the Skooma at all.

Personally though I haven't even managed to make this mod function entirely properly. It's most likely my own fault as the save branch I am using has had about a zillion mods come and go. Never met random Skooma dealers (there are some at least in some cities) and never seen anything really happening at all due to withdrawal. In any event the point here is that I am not entirely familiar with the Skooma usage and supply mechanics. I was using an older version first and even currently I do not have the latest as I have been waiting for the next release :)

About the brothel. It is my understanding that our illustrious author did not intend for the brothel to be the "goal" or end point of the mod. (Whether he anticipated and allowed for the intense interest the brothel would generate is a different subject. :P ) It's there solely so the cash-strapped player has a way to get some skooma, and then hit the road. As such, the brothel is bleak and dehumanizing, and you're not supposed to end up as a permanent resident.

In short: the brothel is already complete.

I agree that having the brothel as an end point would be nothing short of complete tedium for a player. By fleshed out I was thinking more of the mechanics of addiction that lands the PC there. The brothel as a last resort for a broke PC in need of a fix really does nothing to satisfy that need and leaves her in the same position she was upon arriving. She still has no money or skooma to get her straight until she can get somewhere she can earn enough to buy and has someone to buy from, so she can get straight enough to earn more money so she can buy more so she can...etc. The life of an addict is only about those two things, the drug and getting the money to buy the drug.

I'd like to see something in the brothel that would allow her get enough skooma to travel to the next city instead of just enough to last until the next customer.

Admittedly, I am RP'ing as a total skooma whore now. And my PC's character's arc has seen her go from a prized courtesan who could make thousands of septims a night, with a substantial hoard of gold and loot, to a drugged out whore whose meager earnings are mostly taken by the tavern owners who allow her to work their establishments. If not for the fact there are no NPCs to buy her properties, she would be sleeping in the streets. It would be nice if the brothel wasn't the dead end it is.

Of course if wishes were dollars, we'd all be rich. The mod is fine as is, and as I said before, it is a permanent part of my active list from now on.

I have another take on how the brothel could be used as a "bottoming out" point, but not a final destination.  (Because I agree with 'Mybrainhurts' that the brothel was most likely not meant to be an ending.)

The way you find out about it is from begging one of the skooma dealers to accept sex for skooma; what if instead the dealer gives you an extra strength free dose that knocks you out? Then of course you wake up in the brothel with a debt to pay off before you are allowed to leave.  You could still earn skooma for each customer serviced, payable all at once when you leave.  (That way you should have enough to last a little while.) After earning your freedom, you would also get an open invitation for return trips where you could earn enough skooma to keep you going, as suggested by 'GinaNicole' in the previous post.

I have another take on how the brothel could be used as a "bottoming out" point, but not a final destination.  (Because I agree with 'Mybrainhurts' that the brothel was most likely not meant to be an ending.)

The way you find out about it is from begging one of the skooma dealers to accept sex for skooma; what if instead the dealer gives you an extra strength free dose that knocks you out? Then of course you wake up in the brothel with a debt to pay off before you are allowed to leave.  You could still earn skooma for each customer serviced, payable all at once when you leave.  (That way you should have enough to last a little while.) After earning your freedom, you would also get an open invitation for return trips where you could earn enough skooma to keep you going, as suggested by 'GinaNicole' in the previous post.

Hmm... I like the idea of a debt to pay off...

Maybe the dealers offer you free skooma a couple of times, and then after you exceed a certain number (3 or 4?) they send thugs after you. You have a choice... to pay the money now, fight the thugs or flee (and thus get a bounty), or serve your time in a brothel. Maybe you can speechcraft your way out (offer sex?) but I tend to think that thugs sent from a skooma dealer probably wouldn't just take a BJ and let you wander off, it's their job and possibly their life on the line...

Hey Guffel this mod looks great and I like where its going. I think I get what your trying to do here, you're making a drug themed mod where the drugs are the focus, this isn't an instantly fall into depravity mod and I can respect that. Also I for one think that the bonus you get from taking skooma is pretty kick ass, 25% increase in movement speed is a surprisingly big deal for a melee fighter allowing you to zip in and out of striking distance.

First time I took skooma I was reminded of a scene from cowboy bebop where they introduced the drug red eye except without the interface screw and the time slowing properties that, that drug seems to have. If I was to make any suggestion it might be that Red Water Skooma is something like that, just a more concentrated version of the regular stuff: larger increase to speed, and a time slowing property; perhaps with the caveat that its more addicting and goes through your system a bit faster as well. I don't know just a suggestion.

So you Need to be addicted not only to go into the brothel but also to Keep go there.

i was back to regular, entered the brothel, but no client took my pc.

so you have permanent negative effects as Long as you want to Play with the brothel.

exactly what i dont want.

No permanent negative effects...as long as you keep taking Skooma.

The brothel, BTW, isn't really very much to do there...the APPS mod or Radiant Prostitution or...all give more to do.  This is no-frills Skooma whoring.  I don't take Skoom, but I keep the mod for in case something forces me to take some.

Or you could blow a stack of Skoom to get access to the brothel, go get screwed there, then reset the addiction in MCM if the having access to the brothel and no long-term negative effects is that important.