I hate being slowed down too. 

So how about this: have skooma speed the player up so much that regular running feels slow. then those who like getting from place to place quickly have a reason to really want to use it.

This would work very well for me. Ever since I first tried out the aurora standing stones (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29311/?) and used the Steed stone, regular running seems very  very slow. I'd play a save with the Steed stone for maybe 30 hours, then start a new game... and wonder why I was moving so slowly.

I tend to think that instead of drastically increasing speed, just increase the time at which you move faster... skooma already speeds up enough to be noticeable, and very welcome, so maybe increase it another 10% or something and increase the timeframe, then when the effect wears off it'll be noticeably slower and somewhat frustrating to have to come down from the high.

I enjoyed reading your comments. Interestingly I already had most ideas already planned^^ I´m currently working on a concept to overhaul Skooma Whore for more dept in withdrawals, additction and drug effects. I want to divide addiction into three categories with five stages each. The categories will be "Concentration", "Physical condition", and "Magical ability". I plan to add (about ten) more drugs (mainly combat drugs) each with a diffrent focus for the various playing styles. The drugs will add up in three diffrent pools in diffrent amounts and trigger only the pertaining addtiction stages. In addition I´ll make some "medicine" to help curing addiction. In general, the drug effects will be noticeable stronger and only a few will have a debuff effect. All negative influences will be handled by the additction stages. As new "withdrawals" i want to implement random comments from NPCs (disgusted and salacious) and make it forbidden for the player to be in the major cities (only an idea for now, I don´t yet know how it will look like later). And at last, I want to make new whoring features like offering everyone sex desperatly, being used when the PC is only a helpless wreck and working as a porper whore.

What I still have in mind are (non-sex) quests for the single dealers with the possebility to win their thrust and obtain skooma, but this is last in the queue.

As new "withdrawals" i want to implement random comments from NPCs (disgusted and salacious) and make it forbidden for the player to be in the major cities (only an idea for now, I don´t yet know how it will look like later).

Depends on the city, I'd think.

In Riften, anything goes.

Whiterun, Markarth, Winterhold, Morthal, Dawnstar, and Falkreath would probably let you go anywhere except the Jarl's place (if for no other reason than some of those places don't have walls). Winterhold might stop you from entering the college, though... unless something like offering to be a test subject for drug abuse studies in exchange for a constant supply.

Windhelm might have guards that stop you from entering most of the city, restricting you to the docks and the gray quarter.

Solitude guards might not even let you enter the city with a visible addiction.

Smaller villages probably wouldn't have the manpower to try to stop you.

And, of course, your actions in the main quest or civil war quest should probably affect all this...

Whiterun: "Hey, you. Stay out of Dragonsreach, you filthy addict. Why don't you go back to begging with Brenuin."

Riften: "Need some Skooma? Ask around, friend. Someone's bound to help you out... for the right price."

Markarth: "We'll let you into the city, but stay out of Understone Keep. The Warrens is the place for the likes of you."

Windhelm: "You can get a bunk in the New Gnisis cornerclub, or just find a corner on the street. But stay in the gray quarter with the rest of the riffraff."

Solitude: "Druggies are not allowed in our fair city. Move along."

Morthal/Falkreath/Dawnstar/Winterhold/Villages: "Ugh, keep away from me with that addiction."

And various other comments.

Please feel free to ignore this completely, it won't hurt my feelings. :)

I just have this compulsion to write stuff like this.

Markarth

-Guard 1: Stay out of Understone Keep with that addiction.

-Guard 2: You can stay, but don't bother the good people of this city with your... condition.

-Guard 3: We'll let you into the city, but on sufferance. The Warrens is the place for the likes of you.

-Citizen 1: Go back to the warrens, druggie.

-Citizen 2: I don't have any skooma. Get away from me.

-Citizen 3: Tereba's who you need to talk to.

Riften

-Guard 1: Need some skooma, friend? Check with Rajela.

-Guard 2: Got the shakes? Head to the ratway, there's a khajiit who likes to hang about there, will sell you anything you need.

-Citizen 1: Rajela has what you need. I should know.

-Citizen 2: I sympathize, friend. Ask around, someone's bound to have something for you.

-Citizen 3: Need some Skooma? Ask around, friend. Someone's bound to help you out... for the right price.

Solitude

-Guard 1: Keep out of the city with that addiction.

-Guard 2: We don't want your kind here in the capital.

-Guard 3: How did you get into our fair city in that condition? We need to start posting guards at the windmill tunnel.

-Citizen 1: Stay away from me, filthy addict!

-Citizen 2: Guards! Get rid of this drug addict. He/she's smelling the place up.

-Citizen 3: Come to see Angeline, eh? Disgusting.

Whiterun

-Guard 1: Move along, vagrant.

-Guard 2: Stay out of Dragonsreach, filthy addict.

-Citizen 1: Why don't you go begging with Brenuin?

-Citizen 2: If you need some Skooma, I know just the place. Go to Riften.

-Citizen 3: Talk to Bora. He'll help you out.

Windhelm

-Guard 1: Stay in the Gray Quarter with the rest of the riffraff, addict.

-Guard 2: Move along, addict. Back to the Gray Quarter with you.

-Citizen 1: Guards! There's an addict here. Move him/her back to where he/she belongs.

-Citizen 2: Get out of our city, vermin.

-Citizen 3: If you can get past the guards, old Godfred at Candlehearth Hall has some stuff for you.

Dawnstar, Falkreath, Morthal

-Guard 1: Stay away from the Jarl's longhouse, vagabond.

-Citizen 1: Keep away from me, vagrant.

Winterhold

-Guard 1: Another student on a binge, eh? Get lost before I arrest you.

-Citizen 1: Oh, great. Another student on a high. Get out of here before I summon the guard.

-Citizen 2: Oh, great. Another student crashing. Get out of here before I summon the guard.

Winterhold college

Citizen 1: What are you doing here with that addiction? The college isn't the place for you.

Citizen 2: Studying the effects of skooma on the body, eh?

Citizen 3: Do you know where I can score some of that?

General

-Guard 1: We don't want your kind here, addict.

-Guard 2: Keep away from the nobles, druggie.

-Guard 3: We don't approve of vagrants here.

-Citizen 1: Ugh, keep away from me.

-Citizen 2: Filthy addict. Stay away from us good folk.

-Citizen 3: Get out of my way, addict.

-Citizen 4: Drugs are bad, m'kay?

There are also a lot of people who could have unique dialog...

I enjoyed reading your comments. Interestingly I already had most ideas already planned^^ I´m currently working on a concept to overhaul Skooma Whore for more dept in withdrawals, additction and drug effects. I want to divide addiction into three categories with five stages each. The categories will be "Concentration", "Physical condition", and "Magical ability". I plan to add (about ten) more drugs (mainly combat drugs) each with a diffrent focus for the various playing styles. The drugs will add up in three diffrent pools in diffrent amounts and trigger only the pertaining addtiction stages. In addition I´ll make some "medicine" to help curing addiction. In general, the drug effects will be noticeable stronger and only a few will have a debuff effect. All negative influences will be handled by the additction stages. As new "withdrawals" i want to implement random comments from NPCs (disgusted and salacious) and make it forbidden for the player to be in the major cities (only an idea for now, I don´t yet know how it will look like later). And at last, I want to make new whoring features like offering everyone sex desperatly, being used when the PC is only a helpless wreck and working as a porper whore.

What I still have in mind are (non-sex) quests for the single dealers with the possebility to win their thrust and obtain skooma, but this is last in the queue.

This all sounds awesome and I can't wait to see it! Be careful about adding too many drugs though, because it can be a little confusing if they aren't really distinct enough from one another... Unless that's what you are going for, where it can be hard to tell if this drug is safe or not until it's tested. ^_^

For me, the biggest improvement will come from having NPCs react to my addiction, whether by showing their disgust or, if they are of low character, taking advantage and/or offering to sell.

Thank you for your hard work!

I don't like the idea of blocking entry to the major cities.  But if you're obviously suffering withdrawals (say, lvl 3 or higher), NPC guards might do a force greet dialogue and search you for Skooma and any other contraband.  If found, your Skooma is DESTROYED, and you might get some detox time in the dungeon.

Now, in some towns, especially late at night, you might get guards that will let you keep your Skooma...if you'd go back behind the guard tower...

I don't like the idea of blocking entry to the major cities.  But if you're obviously suffering withdrawals (say, lvl 3 or higher), NPC guards might do a force greet dialogue and search you for Skooma and any other contraband.  If found, your Skooma is DESTROYED, and you might get some detox time in the dungeon.

Now, in some towns, especially late at night, you might get guards that will let you keep your Skooma...if you'd go back behind the guard tower...

You're right, blocking entry could be very irritating. And how do you buy drugs from dealers in the cities if you aren't allowed in?

This is much better.

I never said anything about blocking the entry to the cities, I just want to make it forbidden, so the player needs to dodge guard and is thrown out (or imprisoned) if he runs into one and isn´t able or willing to... persuade them.

@ ContentConsumer: WTF? Why aren´t you making such mods with your creative veins? btw, i actually used your suggestion as basis for the new drugs and some of the effect let me think of the addiction categories in the first place. 

Liking this mod a lot...

Tested it & complements most my other mods I use a lot.

Couple of tweeks to the brothel part would make it better IMO to enhance the atmosphere.

A suggestion, make it so the PC has to be naked/or wear some selected clothing to trigger the scenes. As my fully armoured warrior doesn't look so seductive to be working there.

Also an idea for the extension of the brothel part, after servicing a certain number of customers instead of getting the standard skooma reward, you get the option of a quest to aquire/rob a shipment to which you get a better skooma reward.

I played this mod until addicted and loved it! I have read through most of the comments here, and most of the comments or suggestions I considered have already been covered. But, I noticed a lack of comments on the actual brothel experience, which is why I am quoting "carolight".

Like carolight, I also feel that the character should be dressed appropriately. As there are already empty chests in the hut, how hard would it be to put some whore / wench outfits in them for the skooma whores to use? Gilfre could even direct the player to change clothes before going to 'work', much as the tavern owners do in most of the prostitution mods.

To take it another step, have Gilfre strip the players inventory, give the whore outfit, and then make the player work for a specified number of hours (or until the following morning?). When the time period is up, Gilfre would enter the hut and return the players items, plus pay the amount of skooma earned.  She could even give you the option to work another shift.

Finally, If you have a mechanic that tracks how often the player returns, additional visits could require longer work hour commitments.  After a specified number of return trips, carolights suggested optional quest idea could be triggered.

I never said anything about blocking the entry to the cities, I just want to make it forbidden, so the player needs to dodge guard and is thrown out (or imprisoned) if he runs into one and isn´t able or willing to... persuade them.

@ ContentConsumer: WTF? Why aren´t you making such mods with your creative veins? btw, i actually used your suggestion as basis for the new drugs and some of the effect let me think of the addiction categories in the first place. 

Thank you. I do like to consider myself creative.

The problem is I can't mod worth shit, and won't really be able to spend time learning until sometime in January.

So we might be seeing some actual mods (not just books) in February next year... Fingers crossed!

yes sure, i totally forgot about the brothel... I just don´t know what I want to do with it. I want it to keep it as this kind of shady backyard brothel which Gilfre set up to cover the lack of workers. But I see that the loop run is too much and need more flavor. Being a roleplayer at first, I think of making a proper introduction and some choices with some dialouge to each scene so they get the attention and meaning they deserve.

I haven't commented on the brothel experience because I didn't get quite that far. The character I used to play this mod only reached 'risky use', and while I may still play her, I set her aside to try other stuff for a bit. I do want to get to full addiction just to see what happens for myself though.

I really like the brothel idea and hope it sticks around even if some of the ideas I presented also end up in the game, such as having NPCs solicit the player at random. Banging random strangers in an alley to get the occasional fix is pretty bad, but there's just something particularly humiliating about consenting to go to this makeshift brothel and let anyone who wants to have a turn do so, just to get fed some skooma. Naturally, I'd love to see some dialogue added in, as well as progression further into the downward spiral. ^_^

Yes, blocking the cities puzzles me. What if you have to do quest or whatever? I think that what Jayleia says is more balanced. Just an opinion :shy:

Heh, Guffel never planned to block entrance to cities. That was my idea, and it was a dumb one.

I do kind of like the idea of blocking Solitude's main entrance, though, like the official policy is "no druggies" but there's a guard who will show you around to the secret entrance if you are... ahem... nice to him. But only after you've already been in the city once through the main gate (so you get Rogvir's beheading scene as normal)...

I dunno, it's a lot of work for not much return. And it seems to be more the style of something that goes in "sexlab solutions" rather than Skooma Whore, really.

I was thinking that Many of the merchants in some of the tavern's might also find some use for a Skooma Whore. not just be directed to the one house, but as and addict, you would be a gullable piece of trash for many enterprizing NPC to take advantage of.

Everything from : I have this little party at Jo-Bob's you show up, do a good job. I can feed that habit of your's, Heh,Heh,Heh!

>>> Got a little animal show going at Jo-bob barn, put on a good show, and make the animals happy, and sure, I got what ya need

>> Tell ya what I plan to rob the castle, you divert those guards for me, I think I can get your fix.

and so on, lots of ideas for this one. Little things that could randomly pop up at times.

As to the city Blockage>> I see that as a problem too, but it might be that you had to preform for the guards, for them to let you stay.. With occasionally being led off to some place where the guard's totally abuse, and use you, then pitch you aside, in the trash heap.

Or fuck you till you pass out, and drop you in some dungeon that you have to find your way out of, and maybe have a few interesting creatures, and NPC to meet, and preform for to finally make your way out.

I could suggest that if a guard see you under skooma effect he stop you takes your drugs put it in the prisoner chest and add 100 bounty. Thereby it will be compatible with prison overhaul.

Not much point in the guard adding a bounty - he'd just turn around and arrest you for having a bounty. Might as well just have him arrest you straight away.

Unfortunately, bump.

I have an issue where none of the Skooma dealers are showing up at any of the locations. I consoled their names, thinking I'm just not in the right place at the right time, but none of them would show up in the list.

Unfortunately, bump.

I have an issue where none of the Skooma dealers are showing up at any of the locations. I consoled their names, thinking I'm just not in the right place at the right time, but none of them would show up in the list.

You are using the most recent version? The older version doesn't have dealers at all.