I played through the entire addiction cycle and it worked pretty well overall. There may be handicaps during withdrawal (maybe that's why I was defeated in combat during that time) but I don't think they're very obvious. Perhaps simple system messages (not message boxes) that say something like, " You feel weak and fatigued." From time to time.

One other suggestion: I noticed there is no longer any sign of the skooma addiction in the Effects menu, but we all know that's not how it works. Some people can experiment with (some) drugs and drop them without any effect, but addicts are never free, even when they are able to get it out of their system. So perhaps once the player has reached full addiction, they can never be free from at least the lowest stage.

I played through the entire addiction cycle and it worked pretty well overall. There may be handicaps during withdrawal (maybe that's why I was defeated in combat during that time) but I don't think they're very obvious. Perhaps simple system messages (not message boxes) that say something like, " You feel weak and fatigued." From time to time.

One other suggestion: I noticed there is no longer any sign of the skooma addiction in the Effects menu, but we all know that's not how it works. Some people can experiment with (some) drugs and drop them without any effect, but addicts are never free, even when they are able to get it out of their system. So perhaps once the player has reached full addiction, they can never be free from at least the lowest stage.

I second this... even if the drug is completely out of your system, and has been for years, you still crave it.

I stopped smoking (tobacco) ten years ago, haven't touched it since... and I still get infrequent cravings. And that's just cigarettes! It's gotta be a lot worse for other drugs...

=Tks for your rectification  ===>  Content Consumer 

First, thanks for your work.

I would find it interesting if, when your addiction reaches an advanced stage, you would suffer something like a screen blur or health damage when not using drugs on a regular basis. Other effects could include reduced stamina or health drain similar to the effects of Vampiric Drain. This would indirectly force the player to use the drug more often, just to alleviate the effects.  

1- tks for you comments... and need not apologize for it ... and fix my bad english or because I wrote with 'Caps Lock' on ... 

2- really my English is poor... and was in a hurry and did not even notice as I wrote...

3- I promise not to bother you guys with more ignorance and my bad English (no more posts)

and finnally Sry. all... and Bye...

I'm not trying to be a dick here, (even though that's what's probably happening)... I'm just wired on caffeine right now and I get anal about stuff like this. I can't let it go, so I'm going to post this and then leave before people start throwing rocks.

I would find it interesting if, when your addiction reaches an advanced stage, you would suffer something like a screen blur or health damage when not using drugs on a regular basis. Other effects could include reduced stamina or health drain similar to the effects of Vampiric Drain. This would indirectly force the player to use the drug more often, just to alleviate the effects.

Again, sorry Runico, not aimed at you, just my own bitchy OCD.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, (even though that's what's probably happening)... I'm just wired on caffeine right now and I get anal about stuff like this. I can't let it go, so I'm going to post this and then leave before people start throwing rocks.

You are the politest person to every visit an internet forum. How is throwing out ideas (which we all do, and which are encouraged by the authors of these mods) in any way being a dick?

You are the politest person to every visit an internet forum. How is throwing out ideas (which we all do, and which are encouraged by the authors of these mods) in any way being a dick?

Well, it wasn't just throwing out ideas, it was "correcting" a previous post.

This site is the first first forum I've ever visited seriously, and I'm still unsure about the etiquette.

This mod is very high-quality and stays to the essentials. Some variance is surprisingly clever and I had some fun.

Sent an message with my suggestions.

Basically I hope to be able to put followers at work in the 'workers house' in the future. With gradual wear and tear. Compatible with basically anyone following the player that have a high enough relationship rank. (Adults)

Or/And slaves from Paradise Halls Or/And Skyrim Slavery etc.

'Just' a dialog that can trigger from various, decently low-set conditions.

you lou already suggested what i wanted to write : make a crime so prison overhaul will follow.

now, see, you brothel is definitely illegal. bandits are guests. guards will have their spies, so working in the brothel brings you in prison. thats reaaly a Need. i suggest one City per skooma you earn.

personally i raise the Price for skooma to 10k, so it is not really possible to buy it. and i add a perk Point to skooma. thats a seduction, isnt it ? thats why i Need the prison. it is too easy to get skooma in the brothel. 

of course, the most i m waiting for is a bdsm slavery brothel.....

The Windhelm dealer should hang out in the alleys around the grey quarter as well, they seem like the kind of place for a drug dealer. Plenty of depressed dark elf clients, and it makes sense, since (at least when Ulfric is in charge) law in the grey quarter isn't supposed to be enforced properly.

the withdrawal effects are not shown in the active power menu, as said at the desciption page. sorry, but i dont understand exactly how they work, how long they stay and how to get rid of them completely.  the description page is unclear in that.

needless to say i am not happy to have the gameplay influenced in an uncontrollable way.

the withdrawal effects are not shown in the active power menu, as said at the desciption page. sorry, but i dont understand exactly how they work, how long they stay and how to get rid of them completely.  the description page is unclear in that.

needless to say i am not happy to have the gameplay influenced in an uncontrollable way.

You get rid of them completely just by stopping skooma use. Your addiction level will drop back through the stages over time and eventually go away on its own.

You get rid of them completely just by stopping skooma use. Your addiction level will drop back through the stages over time and eventually go away on its own.

eventually ? eventually not ? this is what i mean with unclear. 

how can i see if my pc is clean again ? how can i see the withdrawal effects active or inactive ?

any setstage id and number to enter the brothel ?

how can i see if my pc is clean again ? how can i see the withdrawal effects active or inactive ?

Look in the magic effects. You are clear when there isn't a line about skooma withdrawal anymore.

Thanks for this mod. It is a great idea that needed to be brought to life.

I have a question. My poor PC has taken to skooma to help her cope with her depressing circumstances. She is probably drinking upwards of 8 - 10 bottles a day.

Yet the drug pool # keeps dropping. I have no idea what it actually represents. The only time the PC has not been under the influence is when she wakes.

Shouldn't the number go up with usage?

Perhaps more info about the settings in the MCM or maybe a simple progress counter would make it easier to see exactly where one stands regarding addiction.

I, also, look forward to further development.

Thanks for taking the time to make skooma interesting, and more thanks for sharing it.

Look in the magic effects. You are clear when there isn't a line about skooma withdrawal anymore.

hmm. you can get These withdrawal lines in mcm away by resetting addiction. then nothing is in active effects. but description page says, that running effects are not effected by the resetting. so how can you be sure ?

i cant imagine anybody likes to have invisible, untouchable, unresetable gameplay effects on the Player.

all mods with playereffects have the option to enable/disable those effects at all.

I have a question. My poor PC has taken to skooma to help her cope with her depressing circumstances. She is probably drinking upwards of 8 - 10 bottles a day.

Yet the drug pool # keeps dropping. I have no idea what it actually represents. The only time the PC has not been under the influence is when she wakes.

Perhaps more info about the settings in the MCM or maybe a simple progress counter would make it easier to see exactly where one stands regarding addiction.

I, also, look forward to further development.

Thanks for taking the time to make skooma interesting, and more thanks for sharing it.

I'm not sure what the code looks like, but that sounds like it might be right. If I understand correctly, the number should go down so you are forced to drink more and more to get the same benefits. It's the typical drug death spiral.

Or that number means something else and I'm an idiot. ;)

Perhaps more info about the settings in the MCM or maybe a simple progress counter would make it easier to see exactly where one stands regarding addiction.

I, also, look forward to further development.

I'm not sure what the code looks like, but that sounds like it might be right. If I understand correctly, the number should go down so you are forced to drink more and more to get the same benefits. It's the typical drug death spiral.

Or that number means something else and I'm an idiot. ;)

The drug pool value should be increased by 10 for every bottle of skooma you drink. Below it are the thresholds at which the addiction states go up. The drug pool should decrease about every 3 in game hours at a value smaller one at default settings. 

hmm. you can get These withdrawal lines in mcm away by resetting addiction. then nothing is in active effects. but description page says, that running effects are not effected by the resetting. so how can you be sure ?

i cant imagine anybody likes to have invisible, untouchable, unresetable gameplay effects on the Player.

all mods with playereffects have the option to enable/disable those effects at all.

There is a reset button for the addiction stages. The withdrawals are constant effects and you can read what they do in the OP. There are technical limitations respnsible for that the effects are not shown "live" in game. You will have to accept that.

I cheated & I CTDed

I just don't have the time anymore so I console command the quest & movetoqt. Got inside the brothel & the game CTDed. I also cheated out of an SD enslavement so I'm not sure if it was also a script conflict or what.

Talked to Angeline, can't find anything special, liked the Warren dealer. Although I felt the dealer there could've been more rough. Like, give him his own room & he'll tell your char. to sleep there then he'll rape your char. or sell out to other customers, like a public play thing? for skooma.

I too have had many problems in the brothel, stuff like crashing after the fifth or seventh customer,  etc. but I tend to think it's a combination of three things:

1. Other mods interfering (specifically, with heavy scripting of their own, or triggering when an NPC sees a sex act etc)

2. This mod, related to speed... that is, in the brothel, customers all appear together which probably spikes the script right then.

3. Rogue script build-up or some weird memory leak - crashes happen more frequently the longer you've been playing. Exit the game and re-enter every couple of hours, should help.

The dealers are hard to find from time to time. Especially the one in Whiterun, he's never where I think he's going to be, and sometimes he's not even in any of his three designated spots. The guy's a ninja!  :ph34r:

Remember, this is a WIP, so there are bound to be issues that will eventually be fixed.

Ok I have not tried this yet, as I have not been playing skyrim lately but starting to get the itch again to play. So noticed this new mod and since I am going to test out a few others before making a new game.

Since I have not played it yet, I don't have any feedback. I do have a idea and perhaps it was brought up already. I know someone mentioned something similar on the 2nd page I think. I didn't read all the pages.

idea

Ok this might be fairly involved and might not be possible to do, or would be to script heavy. But the gist is some people will take advantage of others when they are impaired from drugs or alcohol. Plus we all make bad decisions when taking stuff like that.

While high on the effects of skooma, NPC's have a chance to approach the PC and ask if they want to go somewhere private and hook up. PC will have two choices, agree (then just let them go have sex similar to how submit handles pick up sex) or they say no. Now to show the bad call there is a chance when high on skooma based on addiction level that even if you choose no, your characters says yes anyways. Example below

Addiction level

1 = 5%

2 = 10%

3 = 20%

4 = 30%

5 = 50%

On the flip side when your character is suffering from withdraw and NPC notices it some of them might try and take advantage of it. By approaching the character and offering them some skooma for a little fun. If the character agree's, the NPC may or may give the PC any skooma. Maybe something like.

35% NPC gives them nothing.

35% NPC gives them a few gold

30% NPC gives them some skooma.

Another thing you might consider considering the name of this is skooma whore. Is once the character reaches stage 1 addiction, allow them to whore themselves out. Walk up to any NPC and ask if they are looking for some action. Have a NPC menu where you can set the chance a NPC agree's and how much the PC can earn from the 3 sex acts. Oral, vaginal, and anal.

That way if the PC runs out of skooma and is low on gold they have a way to earn gold to buy some skooma.

anyways just some idea's to flesh out the mod.

I cheated & I CTDed

I just don't have the time anymore so I console command the quest & movetoqt. Got inside the brothel & the game CTDed. I also cheated out of an SD enslavement so I'm not sure if it was also a script conflict or what.

Talked to Angeline, can't find anything special, liked the Warren dealer. Although I felt the dealer there could've been more rough. Like, give him his own room & he'll tell your char. to sleep there then he'll rape your char. or sell out to other customers, like a public play thing? for skooma.

I think you're on to something with the Markarth Warrens. The Warrens could be used as an alternate brothel for the lowest of addicts. A choice could be given to the player, depending on the current drug pool, to go either to the mill, or if it's really high, to the Warrens.

Another idea, just to throw this out there, is the possibility of being locked into one of the rooms in the Warrens, and only being able to get out when a "customer" accidentally drops a lockpick on the floor. I don't know if this part is interesting enough, but here it is anyway.

Ok just did a little play testing with this, everything seemed to work just fine. Though I didn't get to the brothel part. With that said a little feedback.

feedback

Again idea's might be to hard to add, but thought I would suggest them.

When talking to the dealer, at least with a female you have the option of oral or vaginal and there seems to be no difference on what you pick other than the sex act. I would suggest something a bit more varied and to show the low nature of skooma dealers. Tweak the dialogue to something like this, after saying you have no way to pay.

Offer oral - Give the dealer oral pleasure. 10% chance he gives PC two bottles of skooma, 5% x addiction level he gives the PC nothing(saying something along the lines of that was the worst BJ they ever had), 65%-90% to get one bottle.

Offer vaginal (female only obviously) - let the dealer vaginal screw PC. Same chance to get nothing as above. 30% chance to get two bottle, 45%-70% to get one bottle.

Offer anal - same as above chance to get nothing. 10% chance to get 3 bottles, 30% chance to get two bottles, and 35%-60% to get one bottle.

"PC asks if there is anything they can do to earn more skooma" NPC will think a bit and tell the PC if they are willing to be a party girl or joy boy, he has some clients that are looking for a good time. If the PC is interested they can earn one bottle of skooma per pop so to speak. If the PC agree's it will spawn 3-5 NPC's in the local inn room the PC normal gets assigned. They get to have a little party with the NPC's where they get 1 skooma up front to take and stay high on and then the rest after they have sex with all the NPC's

2nd suggestion, adding skooma dens to each of the major cities. Kinda like the opium dens of the 1800's. The idea would be it would be a new location with a skooma dealer there, a couple of party girls and joy boys(aka skooma addicts looking to trade sex for a score of skooma) and then some NPC's scattered around drinking and doing skooma. Let the PC approach any of the NPC's doing skooma and offer to trade sex for skooma, aka get high with the NPC and have sex.

The reason for the two suggestions is to show the slow decent from drug addict to whore that typically happens. This would start with trading sex for skooma from time to time, till they are so addicted they get directed to the brothel. I will likely have more feedback on the brothel once I get that far.

You might noticed it already but the oral option will not get you skooma if your addiction level is high, dealer will refuse and lead into vaginal dialog option. At even higher level vaginal is actually anal by the looks of things.