Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

Updated the vanilla pack with four new outfits. Now includes my leather armor edits, beggar clothes, and two more of the commoner farmclothes outfits. Not entirely happy with the weighting on those last ones yet, but I'm also not yet sure how to fix them. So. Eh.

It's looking like I may be away from my 3D setup for the next week or so after today; have to go do some work on my grandpa's house. With any luck I'll be able to return with renewed focus when that's done.

Forgive me for asking but is there plans to make these armors pregnancy compatable? I only ask because there is only one 7base pregnancy mod and it is a skimpy one that hasn't been fixed or finished.

As far as I know most of these already are: I don't actually know the specifics of what it takes to make a mod pregnancy compatible because I don't use the mods myself, but nearly everything here SHOULD include belly node weights (with the exception of a couple of armors where I clipped tbbp/bbp support as well - I don't have exact specifics on hand for everything). If that's what you're asking, then you're already good to go.

The default for everything here is TBBP/BBP/Belly, because I use the weights from the base 7BO body unless otherwise marked. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

hello again, i was hoping not to bother you with poly count complaints again, but things have been awfully quiet here, hope you don't mind.

the poly count for the leather armor conversion is quite excessive (imho) considering the topology. i'd love if you could try to avoid that in later models, though its manageable if it can't be helped. regardless, keep up the great work, and have fun.

hello again, i was hoping not to bother you with poly count complaints again, but things have been awfully quiet here, hope you don't mind.

the poly count for the leather armor conversion is quite excessive (imho) considering the topology. i'd love if you could try to avoid that in later models, though its manageable if it can't be helped. regardless, keep up the great work, and have fun.

For the record, the poly count goes up precisely because it was entirely too low in the vanilla mesh to sculpt neatly to the 7BO body type. If I keep it too close to vanilla the breasts end up looking like weird pointy old-school-tomb-raider-esque nightmares. I've had the issue a few times so I bump the polys up to fix it - because as we all know Bethesda went a little overboard on the optimization vs. quality scale to keep things workable for the console peasants.

Now, I can try to keep the smoothing efforts more localized to the problem areas, but I can't make promises beyond "I'll try" while I aim for quality work. :/ My system runs a GTX 460 or something like that, but the polycount doesn't seem to cause me any headaches - I have a loooooooot more issues with high res textures than anything my conversions throw at it. Still: I will, as always, do my best to ensure any increase in the polycount is not beyond what is necessary to improve the quality of the piece.

I've been out of town the last few weeks but I should be traveling back this weekend... and if I'm lucky I'll get a chance to work on the conversions again this coming week. Depending on how my commission schedule lets me operate. Meantime, hope everyone is enjoying the current crop.

i'm not necessarily saying that the poly could is too high, i'm just saying that the detail level is not greatly increased by the additional polies. if it's too much to ask, just say no. i'm not trying to annoy anyone.

i understand how the vanilla model topology isn't easily converted to a more curvaceous shape. adding polies is a necessity, i'm only saying that it seems excessive to me.

thanks for all your work thus far.

Yeah, in this specific instance the poly count increase is less about detail level and more about curvaceousness. If I was looking to add additional detail I'd be learning normalmap editing. Which I may do at some point - I've seen what people can do with that just using photoshop.

Sorry if it seemed excessive; I don't really know how to address that. As I recall I optimized the best I was able to while maintaining a smooth curve in the places it counts ifyouknowwhatimean winkwink. On top of which the leather gave me a loooooooooot of trouble exporting - I had to rework it about six times just to keep the weight slider support (which is literally my minimum standard feature) because it kept breaking.

Thankfully it worked in the end. Kinda one of my favorite vanilla edits, tbh, but that's just me tooting my own horn I guess.

If I find a better medium between optimized mesh and smooth curve I'll update it. It may happen; I'm never completely satisfied with my own work, feels too much like complacency. But there are higher priorities when I get back, like, say, more new content. So I promise nothing. ;p

Returned, updating my copies of everything that updated while I was away, and preparing a new Skyrim mod set to work from. May drop a few, add a few others, etc, idk.

Among other things, this means I'm gonna have to update my Devious Devices converts (assuming the update today added anything new, mesh wise). But the good bit is the Koffii "restrictive" meshes were already done, and included in my previous upload - so those'll be all set for 7B(O) as is.

EDIT: A brief scan of the mesh folder suggests that's the only change to the Assets download which means the current file here should still work - it's just expansion that needs finishing. Expansion will probably take other changes but I'm not sure if there's anything new there other than the boots I already needed to finish. Will update with word when I know.

Turns out I need to correct a couple of slot assignments as well. I'll upload when that's done.

Devious Devices uploads now updated to incorporate the slot changes to armbinders and nipple rings. Everything should be working for the current versions of Assets/Expansion/Integration, minus the boots, as mentioned previously. Enjoy!

Quick question, in your DL page...is this "7BO - Vanilla Leather Armor.7z" included in this "Vanilla Clothes + Armors 7BO - v.286 - Xarathos.zip" I'm not seeing a picture of the vanilla leather so I just wanted to confirm since it is its own DL. Thanks :D

Ah yes, it should be included in the download. I usually have the last one added to the pack available separate in case people prefer an incremental update to downloading the whole thing.

It's not strictly vanilla but it's based on the vanilla meshes:

post-233165-0-58891400-1420601937_thumb.jpg

I made a few tweaks around the shoulders to fix longstanding personal annoyances with the bethesda version - hopefully nobody minds? >__>

WIP shots of a new cosplay convert:

post-233165-0-73180800-1423103529_thumb.jpg post-233165-0-35439200-1423103536_thumb.jpg

A few weighting issues to sort out + still have to convert the included bikini and make some other tweaks to the ESP. I changed the helmet to let the head show through the visor, among other things...

I so thought that was Judge Dredds armor at first, whats that from?

Mass Effect 3 - it was a promotional tie-in they did with Kingdoms of Amalur. It's called the Reckoner Knight Armor IIRC

One other thing I'm gonna go ahead and tease while I work: 

post-233165-0-29747500-1423108800_thumb.jpg

I found a male version of the armor somewhere as like a 'body swap' kinda thing, so I'm breaking it up into the pieces needed to have male versions of all the items. Turns out they even use the exact same textures, so that simplifies a few things.

I'll add them to the AA entries in the esp and put them both out as part of the same download. Gonna be awesome.

EDIT: male version needs some tweaks still but it's close to ready. Might as well show it off:

post-233165-0-86645300-1423112999_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-48232100-1423113002_thumb.jpg

THIS IS BOTH THE BEST AND WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE

post-233165-0-28244300-1423169094_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-10712100-1423169090_thumb.jpg

okay okay hang on I have to stop laughing long enough to give a status update. Bahahaha.

ALright.

• There is now a male and female version of every item in the set. Female versions are fitted to 7BO.
  • The download I started from used ebony or hide for the male version; now that's fixed, thanks to some 3DS time. May be more updates to the male meshes coming later idek
  • The ground models are the female ones that were already in the version I started from. Male versions of everything have been created from the bodyswap port I found, everything is now in the correct Skyrim bind pose, and so on.
  • Helmets for both genders feature transparent visors and show the character's face
  • And yes as you can see above even the bikini now has a male equivalent.

I'll release it after I make a few more tweaks to the ESP.

EDIT: Uploaded!

THIS IS BOTH THE BEST AND WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE

attachicon.gifTESV.exe_DX9_20150205_204103.jpgattachicon.gifTESV.exe_DX9_20150205_204023.jpg

okay okay hang on I have to stop laughing long enough to give a status update. Bahahaha.

ALright.

• There is now a male and female version of every item in the set. Female versions are fitted to 7BO.
  • The download I started from used ebony or hide for the male version; now that's fixed, thanks to some 3DS time. May be more updates to the male meshes coming later idek
  • The ground models are the female ones that were already in the version I started from. Male versions of everything have been created from the bodyswap port I found, everything is now in the correct Skyrim bind pose, and so on.
  • Helmets for both genders feature transparent visors and show the character's face
  • And yes as you can see above even the bikini now has a male equivalent.

I'll release it after I make a few more tweaks to the ESP.

EDIT: Uploaded!

That's right snazzy, whether it be the full bit of kit or the 'shore leave' version of the set.

It'll be just the thing for making a matching set of male and female saucy sci-fi themed followers that other armor mods typically limited to a single gender at a time.

The corset in devious devices doesn't work quite correctly. When worn it only shows the mesh of a chastity belt. It does however show up when worn together with a chastity belt. Also, when do you think you will get to the boots added in 2.9.0?

Body slot assignments probably changed; I'll check it after I get my mod setup fixed again.

As for the boots I really don't know. It'll happen when my interest level latches onto the idea of working through a folder full of boots. Which uh

:unsure:

I can't really predict it.

Body slot assignments probably changed; I'll check it after I get my mod setup fixed again.

As for the boots I really don't know. It'll happen when my interest level latches onto the idea of working through a folder full of boots. Which uh

:unsure:

I can't really predict it.

Okay and I just noticed the boots aren't from 2.9.0, they are from DD expansion.