Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

Alright, so I changed my thinking on the slots slightly - I set the slot 52 in the armoraddon only for the moment. The bottoms seem to hide when something else that uses slot 52 is activated, but without the BSDismember partition they don't seem to force-unequip, at least not yet. I'm sort of okay with this behavior for the moment as it means they can be worn with other outfits more readily, but anything that uses slot 52 will hide them if not unequip them. Further testing required. At the moment tho it seems like kind of a kickass compromise.

Only the most extreme of Halo's poses caused any distortion in the bottom, and it's definitely better than it was before. Have a look for yourselves:

post-233165-0-80210200-1412368088_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-10385600-1412368092_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-93124800-1412368095_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-30117400-1412368099_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-50272000-1412368102_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-56279100-1412368105_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-50417400-1412368108_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-45103800-1412368111_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-71543200-1412368114_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-54131500-1412368118_thumb.jpg

Uploading the file shortly, armored bikinis will follow after I move their meshes over and tweak the esp similarly.

Uploaded the bikini-trouble and armored-bikinis updates. WOOT.

While I'm at it... uploaded a tweak to the Catwoman ESP so equipping the torso/catsuit will hide slot 52. That way the panties from bikini-trouble and armored bikinis can be worn with it, but will realistically hide so there's no clipping issues.

Xarathos - Since you seem to be "breaking things down"  lately Like the armor - I think that this would look amazing if it were to be separated into the different slots. 

I know your doing your own conversions of what you want to do so... no worries. I just thought this would look cool - or at least I like it. But again man your doing amazing work so if this isn't something you want to do no worries. 

Love it if you did do it though! 

Keep it up! 

You rock!

S7B Ayane Armor.7z

Yikes, that mesh ... 

Just want to put out there for the record that my biggest pet peeve is meshes that have all the buckles and whatnot as a single trishape that completely disregards like, actual physical locations on the mesh. >__< they're just such a pain to do anything with...

Anyway. Ahem.

I'll hang onto it and if the mood takes me... I promise nothing.

Meanwhile: reuploaded the vanilla conversions (there's only three of them so far, it's not that big a deal yet) with the seam-fixed version of the body mesh. So probably wanna redownload that, too.

Yikes, that mesh ... 

Just want to put out there for the record that my biggest pet peeve is meshes that have all the buckles and whatnot as a single trishape that completely disregards like, actual physical locations on the mesh. >__< they're just such a pain to do anything with...

Anyway. Ahem.

I'll hang onto it and if the mood takes me... I promise nothing.

Meanwhile: reuploaded the vanilla conversions (there's only three of them so far, it's not that big a deal yet) with the seam-fixed version of the body mesh. So probably wanna redownload that, too.

I hear ya their ... I'm not much of a fan of single pieces of armor that cover the entire body and take up all of the slots. I like customization. If you just have one piece of armor that covers everything you can't break it down and do much more with it. Kinda limits you in that regard. 

Thanks for looking! 

Cheers! :)

Well, it's October, so everyone will probably be looking for something a bit darker to wear. And what better way to celebrate the month of all things spooky than ... 

post-233165-0-67100500-1412575605_thumb.jpg post-233165-0-79140700-1412575608_thumb.jpg

Nightingale armor is about to go live. Might make some more tweaks to the mesh later but for now it should be good. TBBP for now. Pants are a separate trishape so if people hate them for some reason they can delete them in Nifskope. The cape is still part of the mesh, technically, but I set it up with its own BSDismemberment setting - it's set to "tail," so it's neatly hidden by default. I figure everyone just about is using some mod or another that gives them a cloak they'd rather be wearing...

EDIT: file is now uploaded. Enjoy.

And before anyone asks, yes, I'm using the Nightingale Prime HD Retexture.

Yeah, I think my boots are still vanilla - I'd have to look at CrossCrusade's version specifically to iron out those issues.

I bumped up the polycount of the torso section only because It wasn't smoothing properly for me otherwise. I may try and optimize it back down later.

The other option of course is to delete the body mesh, but at this point I'm leaving it in because the split meshes allow for more choices by the end-user. Delete the body, delete the pants if you prefer it as a mini-dress, enable the cape again if you're not using any cloak mods... basically just opening the possibility that it can be customized in NifSkope at all.

There are some more tweaks to be made to the shape that'll be in a future release. If I can get the polycount down while still getting the result I'm looking for, I'll do that.

Aahhhhh, yes, the Huntress ...

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's one of my favs too.

If you want to give it a try yourself I recommend starting with Outfit Studio - it's a pretty robust tool without too much of a learning curve. It's where I started, and I still use it to smooth out final details or whatever that I don't want to open a more powerful program for. Otherwise rest assured I'll be getting to it sooner or later. Might even be sooner if the mood takes me.

Aahhhhh, yes, the Huntress ...

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's one of my favs too.

If you want to give it a try yourself I recommend starting with Outfit Studio - it's a pretty robust tool without too much of a learning curve. It's where I started, and I still use it to smooth out final details or whatever that I don't want to open a more powerful program for. Otherwise rest assured I'll be getting to it sooner or later. Might even be sooner if the mood takes me.

Are you in the mood yet? haha j/k. Anyway here's hoping you and I are talking about the same armor: 

lBy9GEN.png

Alright then, cool thing for @spartan40: I got the Huntress "armor" converted. But not just that: I went ahead and took an extra step, because hell, why not, right? Why not do something nobody else has done with it yet.

So I've had my eye on this mod for awhile: an armor dye framework based on the same code that makes Racemenu work. You have to do some extra work with a Nif to get it to support the framework, but once you do, you can dye it whatever color you like at an alchemy table without needing to make like, twenty different versions of an item just for recolors, or having a zillion copies of the NIF, even without making any texture sets or cluttering up your crafting menus. I'm told that colors persist on save/load and even when given to followers.

The downside is, it ONLY works with items that explicitly support it because you have to do editing with the meshes/textures, do masks to ensure that nothing gets tinted that isn't supposed to, etc. The upside is... now I know how to do it.

I'm toying with the idea of trying to make a few of the vanilla meshes work with it as well, but we'll see how that goes after we find out how you like this. AFAIK almost nobody has jumped on the bandwagon yet, which is a shame because... well. See for yourself.

post-233165-0-26411800-1412736599_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-09658400-1412736602_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-37789700-1412736606_thumb.jpg

So I'm pleased to announce that the Huntress conversion will be the first, and hopefully not the last, of my conversions to support Dye Manager. It has one dye layer - just the leather bits. The metal fixtures and buckles keep their default color.

I'll upload it after I add CCO support to the ESP.

I aim to please! :)

On which note: I've confirmed via testing that if the default textures are used instead of my modified ones, the dye manager isn't required. It's just tremendously beneficial in that hey, all the dye features work if you have it.

This means that the only textures I'll need to include with modified vanilla meshes are the tint masks. So I'll probably be tweaking at least some of those to take advantage of the framework as I convert them. :D

I've also reuploaded the Huntress conversion with the original textures instead of the desaturated ones I had initially. Should provide a better experience to more users.

EDIT: Went back and added the dye framework to the Royal Vampire armor:

post-233165-0-51103800-1412744668_thumb.jpg

So that'll be pretty sweet, especially if you're using a mod to make it craftable.

The tint mask probably needs some refinement but I'll make tweaks to it later.

Made some tweaks to the tintmask, boosted the resolution to 1024 to keep more of the details around the fiddleybits. And, bonus, added dye manager support to the bethesda male version. I have not personally tested it yet, so currently no screenshots. But anyone who's got a male toon somewhere, or a male follower or two.... well, you've not been left out for a change. They're included in the same archive now.

Can't promise I'll be doing that with every mesh but I'll try and hit at least a few of them along the way.

Working on this for a change of pace. Doing the dye support, got a couple of weighting issues to work out before I'm ready to release. I've almost finished the tintmasks (you can see a couple of metal bits I've missed). But thought you might like a preview.

post-233165-0-61850900-1412820489_thumb.jpg

post-233165-0-25469900-1412820492_thumb.jpg

post-233165-0-35884100-1412820495_thumb.jpg

post-233165-0-95007800-1412820497_thumb.jpg

That looks pretty sweet. Hope you get it out soon. Would be good to have some tougher looks to the armor.

Also this would be cool to see; it's the demon hunters armor number 74 on the list. I think it would fit with your dye idea really good.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20917-sevenbase-conversions-bombshellcleavage-with-bbp/

Can't wait to see the finished look. Love the dye ideas. I'll post some screen shots tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Rigging is NOT behaving the way I want yet, so I'm redoing it. Trying to get stuff to behave when the arms go up above the head is WAY harder than it should be.

BUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

More previews:

post-233165-0-37696400-1412834638_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-77005800-1412834635_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-00096900-1412834637_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good when she's standing still but that's not quite good enough for me yet. More quality control to do.

I'll take a look at that Demon Hunter armor but I can't promise if the dye framework will work right with it - apparently it has trouble with EnvMaps or something? Point being there are limitations but I do hope I can make it work with as much as possible.

I'm also considering trying to remake a few of Diegoforfun's playermodels into armors but that'll be a lengthy process so I'm not really rushing it. Heck, I still have a TON of vanilla meshes to convert... especially if I want to get them all done eventually.

Rigging is NOT behaving the way I want yet, so I'm redoing it. Trying to get stuff to behave when the arms go up above the head is WAY harder than it should be.

BUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

More previews:

attachicon.gifScreenshot7703.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot2282.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot6702.jpg

Looks pretty good when she's standing still but that's not quite good enough for me yet. More quality control to do.

I'll take a look at that Demon Hunter armor but I can't promise if the dye framework will work right with it - apparently it has trouble with EnvMaps or something? Point being there are limitations but I do hope I can make it work with as much as possible.

I'm also considering trying to remake a few of Diegoforfun's playermodels into armors but that'll be a lengthy process so I'm not really rushing it. Heck, I still have a TON of vanilla meshes to convert... especially if I want to get them all done eventually.

Can't wait to see the vanilla meshes fully converted  :D  I would also love to see the Dagger Lady mod in 7BO  or the Dark Queen mod in 7BO if they strike your interest to do sometime down the road. 

http://mitinokuoblivion.blog118.fc2.com/blog-entry-1609.html

http://mitinokuoblivion.blog118.fc2.com/blog-entry-1599.html

Great stuff Xarathos (love the Catwomen Suit)

I do have 2 ideas when u have the time..the first one is a old Classic
Oblivion conversion : Edhildils Purelust Latex Custom

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6295-chsbhc-armors-and-clothes-conversions/

and the 2nd would be CBBE Heels Collection

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37595-apokrytias-bodyslide-conversions-now-with-latest-cbbe-hdt-high-heels/

Keep up the good work!

After confirming that the male and female armors in the bosmer set use the same texture assignments, it looks like I'm gonna be able to extend the dye framework to the male armor as well. Better yet.... turns out that the author of the dye manager switched over to an XML based framework that takes advantage of SKSE better. With some practice learning the ins and outs of that, I should be able to get a lot of dye framework stuff to work without being dependent on my specific meshes - meaning once it's set up, you'll be able to keep it even if you later switch body types for some reason.

This is of particular benefit with stuff that I'm not actually changing any of the physical aspects of, like the royal vampire male armor - once I have that switched to XML, I won't have to distribute the duplicate nifs anymore. Which should save on file size a bit.

Plus I can potentially upload the XML files to the Nexus for at least some of the mods

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and release what I have with the Bosmer set and you all can lemme know what you think.

The hoods, gloves, and torso sections are all dyable on channel 1. Custom tintmasks and all.

post-233165-0-29531200-1412891680_thumb.jpg

Check out the awesomeness that is the reinforced gloves.

post-233165-0-86498400-1412891682_thumb.jpg

Should all work for both genders using the included XML and, hey, if you decide not to use my meshes for some reason, the dye framework should still work. For SOME REASON, I couldn't get the dye to work on the boots. I haven't set up the helmets, but the hoods (both reinforced and not) should let you dye the leather bits to match the rest.

BBP weights are on, everything else is pretty much as the original - I just tried to improve the fitting a bit so the torso section would look more feminine.

Boots clip because for some reason the original author used the same mesh for male and female versions and the only way to fix THAT would be to go into the ESP.

You'll need either the Bosmer Armor Pack or Immersive Armors to use these meshes/etc. 

Currently uploading.

Looks awesome! I'm installing now. I have the current Bosmer armor pack installed but I noticed its in a BSA. Will that effect how you've packed yours? 

Edit: Never-mind, all I had to do was make sure its after the Original in MO. Should be good to go. I'll post Pics in a min. 

Thanks again! 

Edit: Added Pics! LOVING the Huntress Armor! :D

JUe2sR8.jpg

zkH1XUq.jpg

OQjg3XG.jpg

Cb2SJW9.jpg

svhRBFA.jpg

qc3vNoy.jpg