Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

Sorry about the lack of updates, unfortunately work for a client has taken most of my attention recently. When I get time again, I'll pick up with either one of the requests or more mass effect content... or maybe something from Batman, not sure. At some point I kind of want to redo the Catwoman port from the source files and see if I can't get the original gloves working right.

ack so many things to want to do blargh

I'm also seriously tempted to branch out and make some swords or something. I don't even know.

Nord plate is a possibility BTW I'll download it and try to get to it when I've time. Not promising because I hate when I fail to meet one.

Also, I've a job interview this Saturday, which has me excited and terrified all at once.

I found some conversions from you on the 7BO thread that you don't have here. Sovengard Steel, Alyn Shir and some seam fix meshes. Any reason you don't have them here also since there is a lack of updating there?

EDIT:  I see it was only the Body Armor converted, the boots need to be fitted to the legs. Mix and match for the win! :P

Oh, those.

Mainly they're not here yet because I intend to run quality control on them at some point. (Well, except for the seam fixes, frankly I should probably upload those here since they fixed a number of issues with the original body mesh for me).

But yeah mostly it's a quality control thing, I need to get around to looking them over before uploading them here but I'm also not USING them in my game at the moment, so that gets tricky.

The biggest thing is probably just making sure they're using the aforementioned fixed version of the body, tho. Which they might not even need, IDEK. 

It's all good man! I've been using a mix of your armored bikini and Shockys Barbarian Dragonbone mashup. I'ts pretty sweet, get to use all the body parts since its all the same aside from the chest. As for the Alyn and the Sovengard they look fine armor wise. I didn't notice any clipping myself, aside from the gloves and boots of course. If you do ever revisit them, it would be sweet to remove the cloth piece in the center of Sovengard since it clips into the thighs....and personal opinion pauldron removal lol. You need a guinee pig let me know, I don't mind at all :P

EDIT: I found someone converted Alyn and Sovengard to 7B bombshell already. Everything seems to be in order in relation to gloves and boots, work real well. Only saw 2 issues, this will at least point you in the right direction since you do not use the armors :D

Alyn has a seam I never even knew existed its hard to see in the screen, easier in game.
post-100078-0-65379700-1425971745_thumb.jpg

Sovengard has some minor clipping at the bottom of the breast plate
post-100078-0-16404400-1425971563_thumb.jpg

post-233165-0-88294000-1426029743_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-47979000-1426029744_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-04162200-1426030570_thumb.jpg

UPDATE

Not strictly a vanilla conversion but it's close, and it solves an annoyance I was personally running into on my current mod configuration...

I'm using Skyrim Immersive Creatures this run and it enables a lootable version of the draugr rags. So I converted them to 7BO, and put in an XML file so it'll work with the Dye Framework/NIOverride if you have it (and I recommend having it).

If you decide to use the draugr rags to replace something from a different mod/folder (there's a replacer someone did for the prisoner robes at one point, for instance) you'll need to update the XML file to point to the new mesh, or, if you don't care so much about the dye thing, don't worry about it.

In its current state this upload does require Immersive Creatures, but it's not dependent on the dye framework/NIOverride - you just won't be able to dye them if you don't have it/them.

Uploaded.

I won't even open Skyrim until aMidianborn textures are installed lol. I'm happy you made the rags require Immersive Creatures, I would of never tried it and I love it so far. Damn crazy looking wolves and the new Dwarven enemies are pretty sick! Though, my house near Falkreath keeps getting attacked by armored giants lol

Yeah, it adds a lot to the game to keep things interesting, that's for sure. I'm a big fan of how configurable it is, too, the MCM presets are amazing. Gotta watch out though it can surprise you easily. The first time a skeleton resurrected itself after I downed it the first time I just about lost my mind ha :D

I use 3DS Max 2013 at the moment for my Skyrim work (using the nif plugin developed by Ehamloptiran for the Skywind team). I was using 2014 for awhile, the plugin technically works there but I seemed to have a lot more ... issues ... after export than I do now and I haven't actually noticed any missing features, so the downgrade hasn't hurt much.

I got in on Autodesk's academic program, seemed like a good way to teach myself something I always wanted to learn.

I mainly use Outfit Studio for finishing work - correcting export errors that can't be addressed in NifSkope, smoothing out little details I missed the first pass, stuff like that. It's not a bad tool, hell, it's surprisingly powerful for what it is and it's how I got started originally, but it's, yeah, basic. On the flip side of that it has the advantage of working directly with nifs without any of the fiddley steps I occasionally have to go through.

Bonus screenshot: 

post-233165-0-83360000-1426176056_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Nearly have the weighting the way I want it. There's some clipping around the knees with the sneak animations/crouching that I'd like to see if I can figure out. I figured out a trick to make the weighting a lot smoother than what I was doing before so hopefully that helps.

I also decided to split the mesh into 3 pieces (skirt, pauldron, vest) to make mashups easier.

I think this is about as good as it's going to get:

post-233165-0-16180900-1426183460_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-57434200-1426183461_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-85779900-1426183462_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-85524700-1426183463_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-26991200-1426183465_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-34620200-1426183466_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-15926400-1426183467_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-26812600-1426183468_thumb.jpg

So the weighting is as close to perfect as I can make it, we have separate pieces for the different armor parts, and it should be uploaded in a few minutes.

I'm posting it as its own file (7BO - Vanilla Hide Armor - Light) as well as updating the vanilla pack to include it with version .287.

UPLOADED

Preview:

post-233165-0-69413000-1426197382_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-48326300-1426197383_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-62114600-1426197384_thumb.jpg

Well, okay, 'preview' might be the wrong word. Honestly it's close enough to done that I might upload it before the day is over.

Studded armor, woo.

EDIT: Uploaded, and updated the vanilla pack, again. Only now it's a .7z file, so it'll be a smaller download for people despite having more things in it.

Great conversions, I am loving the 7BO body with an athletic muscle map and you are converting some of the outfits that are right in my favorites range. Thank you! I found an armor I liked the look of and thought I would point it out to see if the urge to make a version of it and add physics. Its called Dungeon Explorer armor and is located on:

http://mod.dysintropi.me/mods/skyrim/

It is UNPB but sadly no physics and I havent had the time needed to learn much more than the basics of modding at this point. If you like it and feel compelled, great, if not then your time is still appreciated. Keep up the great work!