• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2014 at 12:16 AM, Inte said:

SD Cages

View File

Optional

Did anyone happen to test if the Forgotten Dungeons patch from this LE version of SD Cages works for SE, too (needs xEdit to recognize the SSE esp name)? Otherwise it would be nice to have it converted - Thanks!

Edited by BillyG
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

it works on SE. Using it for over a year, each version released, never had issues.

Oh okay thanks for letting me know! It should say so on the mod page then that it's Special Edition compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, bandits etal keeping me busy. (v3.83 on SE). Did run into an issue in Cragwallow Slope. Met a Badass Necromancer and quick CTD. It happened multiple times (same guy). Solution: opened console, used 'PRID 1B0C30E4' and 'kill' commands. Seemed to work, because I was able to continue until I met another 'Badass Necromancer'. Same thing happened, further in same location. Did PRID and Kill again. Finished the cave w/o further issues. NET Crash log attached Crash_2021_9_29_12-29-35.txt.

I have no idea what the log means, but opened SD Cages in CK and ran the facegen fix (Ctrl+F4 on actors). The first guy got the dark face bug, which gave me the idea. Figured it can't hurt.

Replayed area (from prior to entering Cragwallow) to see if I get through w/o CTD's. I did, everything was fine. Caveat, this time the 2 'Badass Necromancers' I ran into were female and the first time they were male. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Oh well, still taking it as a good sign.

Mostly I'm mentioning it in case anybody else runs into the same issue, this info might help. Now I'm back to the battleground!

BTW, if it happened before, I don't know because I keep forgetting about the crash logs. :flushed: I think I would have remembered, though.

10 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

Mostly I'm mentioning it in case anybody else runs into the same issue, this info might help. Now I'm back to the battleground!

10 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

Cragwallow Slope

Same problem here! (LE)

I usually killed everything as quickly as possible to prevent that bug or calmed everyone, but your approach is much better!

I always wondered what the issue is. I think any SD location with necromancers can suffer from that male necromancer CTD issue.

And I blamed everything from spells, followers to summons >.<

Edited by donttouchmethere
8 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

I have no idea what the log means, but opened SD Cages in CK and ran the facegen fix (Ctrl+F4 on actors). The first guy got the dark face bug, which gave me the idea. Figured it can't hurt.

Replayed area (from prior to entering Cragwallow) to see if I get through w/o CTD's. I did, everything was fine. Caveat, this time the 2 'Badass Necromancers' I ran into were female and the first time they were male. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Oh well, still taking it as a good sign.

Awesome  ?

Although I never saw a grey face guy, but the rest might help.

Edited by donttouchmethere
5 hours ago, Inte said:

They are all vanilla actors, so that cannot be it. 

I'm thinking clothing. Do you remember what the guy was wearing?

Just robes. I didn't really pay attention, they didn't stand out in any way. I don't think they were black, maybe grey or brown, but cave lighting ...

Another thought, if it didn't happen before, it might be because I usually try to kill them from a distance. Ha, actually I try to kill everything from a distance, I'm pitiful in melee. The CTD's happened when they were close to me.

Edited by Seeker999
18 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

The CTD's happened when they were close to me.

OK, so not the clothing.

Maybe the weapons? Do you have any weapons overhaul mods that change your weapons textures? In close quarters those NPCs like to use daggers, I think I gave them an Ebony paralyzing dagger.

You can also check for conflicts with TES5Edit. 

23 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Now that you say it, does that point to a conflict with NPC/armor replacers?

Could be.

I went back into CK and checked the robes (all vanilla) I assigned to Necros. I did find one (blue robes) that was tagged as a template and un-editable. I've replaced it with the red robes. IDK, maybe that will fix it. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 5:21 PM, bruhfrman said:

Is there a way I can edit it personally? If so what do I need to do?

I am grabbing the badass NPCs from leveled actor lists. The vamps and necros have custom lists, so it should be easy enough to remove all the males from those lists. However, the bandits and the forsworn are using vanilla leveled actor lists. If you modify those, you might break vanilla quests and/or other mods that use those lists.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Inte

I had the idea of using SD Cages as a basis for my Naked Defeat -> Simple Slavery++ integration.

Basically I wanted to add simple slavery outcomes to Naked Defeat that will teleport "MoveTo" the PC to one of your cages and then start a local rape and escape scenario (more complex slavery to be added later).

Now I just started to do research on moving the PC through skyrim and managed to do so by moving the PC to Xmarkers in several Inns that are in the vanilla game.

Now the question since I could not find any location specific markers: Any idea or suggestion on how to move the PC to a SDcage (ideally without a hard dependency, so "GetFormFromFile" but that is just details).

I had the idea of moving to one of the badass bandits, but I think those are not there since they are optional and maybe also dead or in a bad position.

and if there is no good way I wanted to ask if it would be possible to add xmapmarkers in the centre of the cages for such a project? 

thx alot

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

Now the question since I could not find any location specific markers: Any idea or suggestion on how to move the PC to a SDcage (ideally without a hard dependency, so "GetFormFromFile" but that is just details).

You could try searching for the cage door.