• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, FloatingDetritus said:

Hello, I was considering sprucing up my place with a few cages but I'm unsure of their ID. I assume I could place them like any furniture but I was wondering if you could offer any advice?

You mean in game? It can get tricky aligning the doors properly.

You'll be better off in CK - just drag and drop, then just snap the doors in place. 

Thanks for the swift response! I was wondering specifically what the IDs/search terms were for the cages themselves however. If I search "cage" for example it usually shows doors but not the cages themselves. Are the cages something I would strictly have to place via Creation Kit rather than with player.placeatme <cageid>?

Might be a dumb question but what does this mod actually do when installed standalone, without SD? Do random NPCs stick you in the cages? Does it tie into other enslavement or defeat mods? Does it cause the badass NPCs added by this mod to stick you in the cages? What if you're not using the badass NPCs?

Thanks.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:42 AM, noctred said:

Might be a dumb question but what does this mod actually do when installed standalone, without SD? Do random NPCs stick you in the cages? Does it tie into other enslavement or defeat mods? Does it cause the badass NPCs added by this mod to stick you in the cages? What if you're not using the badass NPCs?

Thanks.

You need to be SD+ enslaved and use Inte's SD patches to make good use of those cages.

Another mod that uses those cages is Caged followers, which in turn also needs SD+

On 2/3/2021 at 9:35 AM, bubba999 said:

It would be cool if you could free the prisoners that are attached to the walls in various places....

I know what you mean! Although it appears to me those slaves like their role in Skyrim ?.

If you want to roleplay it: you can make them expandable followers with NFF and take them with you. (now I wonder if they go back to their cage if I expel them from the party ?)

On 2/14/2021 at 1:18 AM, donttouchmethere said:

You need to be SD+ enslaved and use Inte's SD patches to make good use of those cages.

Another mod that uses those cages is Caged followers, which in turn also needs SD+

you also forgot (yeah i know... lol) Devious Framework. man, hopefully someday someone will take that one up and update it past the 3.02 alpha which was a great step in the right direction. but it did make use of the cages on occasion.

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

you also forgot (yeah i know... lol) Devious Framework. man, hopefully someday someone will take that one up and update it past the 3.02 alpha which was a great step in the right direction. but it did make use of the cages on occasion.

I wouldn't put that in any serious game.

Still I also played with it for hours and hours. Only mod I know that seriously tried to use all placed zap furniture anytime anywhere.

By now it's way to bugged to be used, unless you like to fall back to older saves after hours of DFW/DFWS torment in the hope it might not get stuck or cause a clusterfuck.

But there is hope: Skyrim Chain Beasts! ⛓️

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I wouldn't put that in any serious game.

Still I also played with it for hours and hours. Only mod I know that seriously tried to use all placed zap furniture anytime anywhere.

By now it's way to bugged to be used, unless you like to fall back to older saves after hours of DFW/DFWS torment in the hope it might not get stuck or cause a clusterfuck.

But there is hope: Skyrim Chain Beasts! ⛓️

lol i've been using it directly on SE for months now. and most of the time i have issues, is because of another mod creating a conflict, which is not often lol. but yeah, it does a great job of using the zap stuff as well as the cages

i did try chainbeasts, but could not get into it at all. it played nice, but, just have too many other mods doing similar things lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 5:47 PM, bruhfrman said:

Will there ever be an SE version? Also is it compatible with Dragonborn in Distress and Forgotten Dungeons?

It's my understanding that this will work on SE as is. 

I was considering making a Forgotten Dungeons patch, but I did not think anyone was using that mod on this site. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Inte,

I like you mod and have been using it in a lot of my games, both LE and SE. I have a question, is there a way I can change the defaults, perhaps in XEdit? I nearly always use the same settings and making the defaults to my specs would be helpful. If there is no easy way for me to do this, no problem. Just thought I'd ask.

Thank you.

Edit: Some mods give you the option to save your settings for future use. I don't know how complicated that would be, but possibly something to consider for a future update?

14 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Edit: Some mods give you the option to save your settings for future use. I don't know how complicated that would be, but possibly something to consider for a future update?

Yes, I can add a MCM settings save feature for the next SDc.

I will make it so once you set and save your MCM settings any update and/or mod reset will auto load your settings. It won't be as fancy as my other mods as I do not want to make SUM a requirement for SDc, yet.