I'm having trouble with the latest version (3.96.0). Vortex claims it's not a valid esp (base version, didn't test FD one).

Error: "sd cages.esp" is not a valid plugin
    at l.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:31:34813)
    at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:31:33289
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:31:33273)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:295:12)
    at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:271:9)
    at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:212:10)
    at Pipe.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:186:23)

I'm using it on SE, but up to 3.90.3 it worked just fine.

On 12/7/2021 at 7:48 AM, Talesien said:

I'm having trouble with the latest version (3.96.0). Vortex claims it's not a valid esp (base version, didn't test FD one).

Can't test on SE, but SDc 3.96.0 works fine in Vortex (1.4.16) for LE. 

Which version of Vortex do you have? 

17 hours ago, Inte said:

Can't test on SE, but SDc 3.96.0 works fine in Vortex (1.4.16) for LE. 

Which version of Vortex do you have? 

1.4.16, so same as you it appears. Just tried again though, and it seems to work now. Appears that restarting windows was what was required, as shutting down windows and starting it up again is the only thing that changed since last time (yes obviously I also restarted Vortex that way, but I've done that before, including checking in task manger it was really gone). Makes no real sense, but ah well, Wincrap ... wish this game would run better under Linux.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/7/2022 at 12:13 PM, Arok said:

Hey there,

This looks fun ! ^^

Just I'm not 100% sure between the descr and screenshots, does this mod add cages and subs, like the idea of "Bandit Captives" ?

Or just empty cages ?

Ty o/

It adds as many bandits (and others) as you set in MCM. Warning: those Bandits are Badass (even the Rieklings, don't underestimate the Rieklings).

The area around cages got modified as well, creating more space around them and spices up cage locations.

Also adds cage maidens in ZAP idle (so you're not alone in that cage or jail).

Goes well together with SD+ and SDpatches and various NPC-NPC approach mods.

@Corsec has some patches to tweak those maidens and fit them with DDs so mods that are connected to DD react to them/effect them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 5:09 AM, NotKinkyEnough said:

I saw from compatibility page that this works with SSE but the filename for Forgotten Dungeons SSE is different, will it work if I just hex edit the cages FD patch esp to change .....ALL.esp to .....SSE.esm? Or are the contents too different?

I just came here because of this problem. I play with SE and have Forgotten Dungeons SSE installed, but when I tried to install the latest update it wouldn't let me install the forgotten dungeons stuff as it didn't recognize that I had that mod installed. I had to try 3.90.3, which worked fine. Luckily that is still an upgrade for me as my last version was 3.84. Still, hope the FOMOD can be fixed to accept the SSE version of Forgotten Dungeons.

I tried upgrading too, the FOMOD didn't let me install the patch so I went back to 3.90.3,

And I'll download the patch because the extra bandits inside Forgotten Tower weren't from SDC, My previous posts were wrong. I thought there were some Badasses outside, but when I replayed, there were only OBIS bandits there. Sorry for the bad info. :(

6 hours ago, cerebus300 said:

Still, hope the FOMOD can be fixed to accept the SSE version of Forgotten Dungeons.

8 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

FOMOD didn't let me install the patch so I went back to 3.90.3

If the FOMOD searches for a specific Forgotten Dungeons version and that's the only reason the patch doesn't installs, wouldn't it be possible just to grab the SD Cages - Forgotten Dungeons Patch.esp and install it manually?

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

If the FOMOD searches for a specific Forgotten Dungeons version and that's the only reason the patch doesn't installs, wouldn't it be possible just to grab the SD Cages - Forgotten Dungeons Patch.esp and install it manually?

I got the SSE version patch from here, created an archive, and tested it with Forgotten Towers (the only SDC-FD place I've gotten to yet). Seems to work. And then I upgraded SDC, and installed the patch separately. Ran through Forgotten Towers again and afaik everything worked.

12 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

I got the SSE version patch from here, created an archive, and tested it with Forgotten Towers (the only SDC-FD place I've gotten to yet). Seems to work. And then I upgraded SDC, and installed the patch separately. Ran through Forgotten Towers again and afaik everything worked.

That's a good thing right? ?

5 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Forgotten Tower or Forgotten Dungeons?

Forgotten Tower is one of the places in the complete Forgotten Dungeons that SD touches.

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

That's a good thing right? ?

Yeah, definitely a good thing. The FOMOD may not let me install the patch, but at least I can install the patch separately. I load the patch last so it doesn't change the load order for my other mods. Hopefully, keeping it (the patch) last won't matter.

Edited by Seeker999
10 minutes ago, Tomfool13 said:

when the badass bandits or forsworn or any badass person dies all their armor vanishes and is replaced with rags, not sure how to fix or turn this of any ideas?

They have special armor, to prevent you from using them the armor gets replaced after the death of badasses.

Check the MCM menu, I guess if you don't give them special armor they keep their unmodified armor after death.

13 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

They have special armor, to prevent you from using them the armor gets replaced after the death of badasses.

Check the MCM menu, I guess if you don't give them special armor they keep their unmodified armor after death.

Ill try that thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...