I have problems with the pony boots being partially invisible. The hoof-part is there, but not the upper part. Building them in bodyslide doesn't help, because it seems the bodyslide files themselves are defective. If I use the preview for the pony boots in bodyslide, they are invisible as well, except for the laces (please check the screenshot). This is with the latest version of DDX, I chose UUNP during installation. What could be wrong?

attachicon.gifbodyslide.png

bodyslide doesnt display the textures but they works ingame at least for me, the meshes are there, it is just outfitstudio that miss some functionalities in the rendering shader i guess. Do you have problem in game too?

Yes, as i wrote, the upper part of the boots is missing. It took me some time to realize it's not just a new ankle pony boot model, but the regular one. Here is a screenshot. 

This is not a texture problem, it is a partitions one. You have a conflitct with other mods i guess, probably you are using an old mod that overrides the the new slots assigned to the boots. Partitions on boots have been remade to make them compatible with the hobble dress.

Previously boots just used the feet slot, now they are properly partioned to use feet, calves and legs slots.

Wow, thanks for explaining! This made it easy to find the culprit, Devious Devices for Him.

should be easy to fix that mod if you want to use it, u can use Tes5Edit to easily bring forward the new edits

Great, it was easy enough so even I managed to fix it. Thanks again!

*sigh*  Okay, seems I must have fubar-ed the heck out of this somehow or I'm just being even more dense than usual......what do I need to craft the new items added by DDx?  I can get the basic stuff, basic bridles and chain harness and pears for front and rear, but nothing else.  Do I need to join the college and complete the forbidden tome quest?  I got the book with AIM, and I can see the items are in the game using it as well, but they don't show up in either the forge or tanning rack.

I don't think most of the new items have gotten crafting recipes yet.

Dont know where to ask about a possible adding http://nsfwmods.com/files/file/111-skyrim-spiked-collars/ as a device for the mod. With an additional feature of painful removal as the collars are spiky.

Feature suggestions go in the development thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/

No need to re-post this one though, I have seen it now. :D

*sigh*  Okay, seems I must have fubar-ed the heck out of this somehow or I'm just being even more dense than usual......what do I need to craft the new items added by DDx?  I can get the basic stuff, basic bridles and chain harness and pears for front and rear, but nothing else.  Do I need to join the college and complete the forbidden tome quest?  I got the book with AIM, and I can see the items are in the game using it as well, but they don't show up in either the forge or tanning rack.

I don't think most of the new items have gotten crafting recipes yet.

That's true. Crafting is one of the features we're currently reviewing. We didn't want to put in a lot of work into stuff that might see significant changes, soon. :)

I've been wondering if it is possible to use the ability to change the textures of items using the ArmorAddon.GetModelNumTextureSets, ArmorAddon.GetModelNthTextureSet and ArmorAddon.SetModelNthTextureSet to set up generic devices and then script "color" changes instead of having to add variations for each color that you want to make it possible for each item to have.

Likewise the ObjectReference.GetEnchantment, ObjectReference.SetEnchantment and ObjectReference.CreateEnchantment could allow the application of random enchantments to the items (I believe you can also add/remove keywords from items).

Those functions should make it possible to define only one "base" object and then randomly decide a color and what enchanment(s) it has which would be perfect with Cursed Loot. Son instead of having just a striptease collar you could have striptease cuffs, harnesses, chastity items and you could get items with multiple effects (slut and enforced nudity) without having to multiply the number of items in the mod.

Each effect would have to have a list of items it can't be used on and effects that it is incompatible with but that would also make it much easier to add new enchantments and textures to the mods again without having to add whole new lists of items.

Sorry to be "that guy", but I've been completely ignored so far.  :(

Support question: is there something I need to do to make the new "Whore" sign (from the anal pear plug) show up visibly?  Running DCL and getting locked into the full chain set works great, and everything except that sign render just fine.  Even the bell is visible.

Any assistance would be great.

As near as I can tell, this isn't a BodySlide issue, as I can't find the sign (or the pear plugs) in BodySlide anywhere.  And as I said, the bell renders just fine without a BodySlide entry.

I've been wondering if it is possible to use the ability to change the textures of items using the ArmorAddon.GetModelNumTextureSets, ArmorAddon.GetModelNthTextureSet and ArmorAddon.SetModelNthTextureSet to set up generic devices and then script "color" changes instead of having to add variations for each color that you want to make it possible for each item to have.

Likewise the ObjectReference.GetEnchantment, ObjectReference.SetEnchantment and ObjectReference.CreateEnchantment could allow the application of random enchantments to the items (I believe you can also add/remove keywords from items).

Those functions should make it possible to define only one "base" object and then randomly decide a color and what enchanment(s) it has which would be perfect with Cursed Loot. Son instead of having just a striptease collar you could have striptease cuffs, harnesses, chastity items and you could get items with multiple effects (slut and enforced nudity) without having to multiply the number of items in the mod.

It's up to Kimy ultimately but as far as I'm concerned, unlikely. We're already stretching backwards compatibility despite our best efforts not to. To do something like this we would have to intentionally break it and deal with the fallout.

Not to mention this way of generating devices would generate variants but that's it. In order to interact them in a controlled fashion, to for example determine what colour or material they are (which we currently can by assigning tags to specific device bases) we would require either new keywords (which again, backwards compatibility) or expand and complicate the generic tagging system more than it already is...

It would be a lot of work and added complexity for no real benefit. The current system isn't the most elegant way of handling generic devices but at least it does the job in a reliable and highly controlled fashion.

Nnnn...  nuh. Someone else would have to work on it because I'd take no responsibility for everything that could go wrong with such a system introduced at this point in DD's lifetime, I'm sorry.

Support question: is there something I need to do to make the new "Whore" sign (from the anal pear plug) show up visibly?  Running DCL and getting locked into the full chain set works great, and everything except that sign render just fine.  Even the bell is visible.

As near as I can tell, this isn't a BodySlide issue, as I can't find the sign (or the pear plugs) in BodySlide anywhere.  And as I said, the bell renders just fine without a BodySlide entry.

Perhaps you should post an image showing the problem.

Theoretically possible. The pears with attachments use unconventional slots which are likely to conflict with other things. I'm planning on fixing it in 3.4 by merging the attachment meshes with the pears if I'm not too busy with other stuffs (and if testers do their job this time around).

Low priority.

Hi Guys, was wondering if anyone could help - it's about using TES5Edit to copy scripts from one item to another (devious devices effects to normal piercings)

Basically I was wondering if I could take advantage of the item properties that make devious devices so hard to remove, in this instance some piercings that can only be removed via special keys or tools, and apply them to an alternate mod I downloaded that has body piercings but can be equipped/unequipped at will.
Basically I want my character to have body piercings that can't be so easily removed (like when i'm arrested or accidentally add or remove the item) so that I can have more immersive body piercings.
I can't see or think of a simple way to do this. As far as I can tell I might be able to copy and paste the long list of scripts that are attached to the devious items and add them to the alternate mod I have. But i'm not even certain that will work as they are separate mods.

As is probably obvious, I am far from an expert. So if anyone can help me out I would be extremely grateful!

Alright, so i have to use bodyslide to get stuff non-invisible? OK. now how do i work bodyslide to get the items "built" ? the screenshots in the last few pages don't really clear things up.

never bothered with bodyslide, because the one time i did, clipping issues followed.

Perhaps you could use the videos on the Bodyslide Nexus download page for a clue?

Or use one of the text descriptions in the last few pages?

Theoretically possible. The pears with attachments use unconventional slots which are likely to conflict with other things. I'm planning on fixing it in 3.4 by merging the attachment meshes with the pears if I'm not too busy with other stuffs (and if testers do their job this time around).

Low priority.

Well, now that you mention that, I did switch my device hider to use slot 40 (tail).  I'll experiment and see if that's what the issue is.

Low priority.

Well, now that you mention that, I did switch my device hider to use slot 40 (tail).  I'll experiment and see if that's what the issue is.

Yep, switching the device hider back to default fixed it.  I look forward to this issue getting fixed, though, as having my hair disappear while wearing hoods is a bit sad.

Hi, I'm having a problem with the restrictive black boots, when equipped they show a purple layer as if a texture was missing above the black color.

In NifSkope I have seen that some texture paths are incorrect.

Before they were set:

1 textures\devious\devices\koffii\restrictiveboots_d.dds

2 textures\devious\expansion\ebrestrictiveboots_n.dds

5 textures\devious\devices\koffii\restrictiveboots_n.dds

6 textures\devious\devices\koffii\restrictiveboots_em.dds

To make them render correctly I have set them:

2 textures\devious\devices\koffii\restrictiveboots_n.dds

3 textures\devious\devices\koffii\restrictiveboots_em.dds

6 textures\devious\cubemaps\koffii\koffiicube.dds

Regards.

Hi, I'm having a problem with the restrictive black boots, when equipped they show a purple layer as if a texture was missing above the black color.

Before they were set:

Regards.

cbbe or uunp?

Before they were set:

Regards.

cbbe or uunp?

UUNP.

You're in the wrong topic to ask about new stuff. Those are expansion items.

Anyways I'm not 100% sure if that variant is used. Kimy worked on the implementation of Heretic's items so you'd have more luck asking her in the Expansion topic.

Hey Kimmy, Im trying to figure out what the item name of these in the game would be. 

http://puu.sh/sEohf/a20326ee61.jpg

In the bodyslide menu its referred to as Piercing03. I cant seem to find an item that they correlate with in the game, Ive been using the Help "itemname" in the game to find what they could be but so far havent found them. I searched for piercing first, then nipple, then clamp. I also should say I have severe OCD and I like to get all of this straightened out first before starting a new game so I dont have to do it again later... breaks immersion to stop what Im doing and fix something. Is it just not used? Or is it meant to be that you can use these meshes as a replacement by renaming it? Seems odd since no other item is like that, specifically the new iron heels. Theres two versions in game, a normal one and a reinforced one with a spike by the heel.

Is it some sort of new devious device, locking rings for fingers? It would work for that, maybe some anti-enchantment. I should add though I really like the new chain harness. Is it part of a quest or meant to be random loot your discover?