@Kimy Hello Kimy! Officially i want to ask You as a Team Leader - for a permission to share repacked, recompressed & reduced in size - two versions of Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a - by my Mega drive.

What i will like to make and share:

- Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a UUNP.7z ( 708 MB)

- Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a CBBE.7z ( 367 MB)

Link to Mega download will be given only here in the post with description - at this thread. I will not change anything to the original files.

I want to separate original installer (1400 MB) to make two installers for UUNP & CBBE. By using highest possible compression of 7-zip with adjusted, working FOMod installers for those separated version. (allready have them prepared and working, tested with: Mod Organizer Classic v1.4 & Mod Organizer v2.2.1)

Please give permission - for people here who use limited data plan (mobile pre-paid or slow internet connection). Without Your permission - according to the rule:

• You can NOT post this mod or any of its parts (including any derived works) outsides of LL without explicit permission.

I cannot share files also here by "drag & drop" inside LL post due to file size limit of 114 MB.

And even highest compressed files - will be bigger than this size limit.

Thank You!

1 hour ago, piotsze said:

What differences are between the two files and what changes were made to the items themselves?  If it's just an FOMOD change, it probably won't happen any time soon.  A better option would be to offer it in segments that was done a long time ago on a lot of mods.  Another suggestion would be to find sites that offer you to transfer the file to another sharing drive where you could go to say a coffee shop with free WiFi and transfer it from that to say a tablet, bring it home and transfer the file from the tablet to the PC.

GuruSR.

57 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

What differences are between the two files and what changes were made to the items themselves?  If it's just an FOMOD change, it probably won't happen any time soon.  A better option would be to offer it in segments that was done a long time ago on a lot of mods.  Another suggestion would be to find sites that offer you to transfer the file to another sharing drive where you could go to say a coffee shop with free WiFi and transfer it from that to say a tablet, bring it home and transfer the file from the tablet to the PC.

GuruSR.

Hi GuruSR, i'm glad you asked this - and i'm glad to share solution here. However i'm against splitting archive files. Reason: people might download only the first file without .001, .002, etc. files - and report back that "it is not working" for them.

In the main installer (original 1400 MB) - there is a folder structure:

image.png.08375e3236e3c158418220a938025e87.png

So the FOMod has option to choose between CBBE or UUNP.

Spoiler

image.png.99f8233db507a37a0b54b4b0bcce15a0.png

What's modified in separate installers:

UUNP:

In the "Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a UUNP.7z ( 708 MB)":

image.png.d57262cd6c5c04145cf0806a98d28ed9.png

without "01 CBBE", also ModuleConfig.xml edited - not to use "01 CBBE" option if non-existant in fomod UUNP version, simply commented lines with "<!--" & "-->":

Spoiler

<config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://qconsulting.ca/fo3/ModConfig5.0.xsd">
  <moduleName>Devious Devices: Expansion 4.0.0</moduleName>
  <moduleImage path="fomod\images\header.jpg"/>
  <installSteps order="Explicit">

<installStep name="Body Type">
      <optionalFileGroups>
        <group name="Which body type do you use?" type="SelectExactlyOne">
          <plugins order="Explicit">
<!--
            <plugin name="CBBE">
              <description>
                Install CBBE Bodyslide version
              </description>
              <image path="fomod\images\01_cbbe.png"/>
              <files>
                <folder source="00 Core" destination="" priority="1"/>
                <folder source="01 CBBE" destination="" priority="2"/>
              </files>
              <conditionFlags>
                <flag name="CBBE">On</flag>
              </conditionFlags>
              <typeDescriptor><type name="Optional"/></typeDescriptor>
            </plugin>
-->
            <plugin name="UUNP">
              <description>
                Install UUNP version
              </description>
              <image path="fomod\images\01_unp.png"/>
              <files>
                <folder source="01 UUNP" destination="" priority="2"/>
              </files>
              <conditionFlags>
                <flag name="UUNP">On</flag>
              </conditionFlags>
            </plugin>
  	      </plugins>
        </group>
      </optionalFileGroups>
    </installStep>
  </installSteps>
</config>

Result when installing UUNP:

Spoiler

image.png.1bba26e9579307d936832a5239451a84.png

CBBE:

In the "Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a CBBE.7z" ( 367 MB):

image.png.9d6dd9ca2861e8a8b58e68ee08ed6412.png

without "01 UUNP", also ModuleConfig.xml edited - not to use "01 UUNP" option if non-existant in fomod CBBE version, simply commented lines with "<!--" & "-->":

Spoiler

<config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://qconsulting.ca/fo3/ModConfig5.0.xsd">
  <moduleName>Devious Devices: Expansion 4.0.0</moduleName>
  <moduleImage path="fomod\images\header.jpg"/>
  <installSteps order="Explicit">

<installStep name="Body Type">
      <optionalFileGroups>
        <group name="Which body type do you use?" type="SelectExactlyOne">
          <plugins order="Explicit">
            <plugin name="CBBE">
              <description>
                Install CBBE Bodyslide version
              </description>
              <image path="fomod\images\01_cbbe.png"/>
              <files>
                <folder source="01 CBBE" destination="" priority="2"/>
              </files>
              <conditionFlags>
                <flag name="CBBE">On</flag>
              </conditionFlags>
            </plugin>
<!--
            <plugin name="UUNP">
              <description>
                Install UUNP version
              </description>
              <image path="fomod\images\01_unp.png"/>
              <files>
                <folder source="01 UUNP" destination="" priority="2"/>
              </files>
              <conditionFlags>
                <flag name="UUNP">On</flag>
              </conditionFlags>
            </plugin>
-->
  	      </plugins>
        </group>
      </optionalFileGroups>
    </installStep>
  </installSteps>
</config>

Result when installing CBBE:

Spoiler

image.png.f7a30b4dc1cb8fc6ed5bf722f82690da.png

Compression done by 7-zip 19.00 (x64) with settings:

Compression level: Ultra

Compression method: LZMA2

Dictionary size: 192MB

Word size: 8

Number of CPU threads: 3/4 (doing compression on all cores like 4/4 will extend archive size of .7z)

Edit: Changes to the items: NONE.

17 minutes ago, piotsze said:

In the "Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a UUNP.7z ( 708 MB)":

image.png.d57262cd6c5c04145cf0806a98d28ed9.png

without "01 CBBE", also ModuleConfig.xml edited - not to use "01 CBBE" option if non-existant in fomod UUNP version, simply commented lines with "<!--" & "-->":

17 minutes ago, piotsze said:

In the "Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a CBBE.7z" ( 367 MB):

image.png.9d6dd9ca2861e8a8b58e68ee08ed6412.png

without "01 UUNP", also ModuleConfig.xml edited - not to use "01 UUNP" option if non-existant in fomod CBBE version, simply commented lines with "<!--" & "-->":

This would be better done with 01 merged in with 00 to remove the need for any of the choices.

GuruSR.

37 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

This would be better done with 01 merged in with 00 to remove the need for any of the choices.

GuruSR.

Merging 01 over 00 in both installers (UUNP & CBBE) will make almost no difference to the downloadable files sizes.

image.png.c9f78f5cb7b6705a558bbec9035faabb.png

1 hour ago, piotsze said:

Merging 01 over 00 in both installers (UUNP & CBBE) will make almost no difference to the downloadable files sizes.

It isn't that, the fact that there is less for the FOMOD to consider, means the install will be fast, plus those who don't use mod organizers (like myself), can go into 00 core and drag that all in and close out afterwards, instead of having to go into 01 ... to get the rest of it.

GuruSR.

4 hours ago, piotsze said:

I think it is a good idea to separate both installs.

Not everybody has a huge internet link and I guess nobody would need BOTH at the same time :classic_smile:

23 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

It isn't that, the fact that there is less for the FOMOD to consider, means the install will be fast, plus those who don't use mod organizers (like myself), can go into 00 core and drag that all in and close out afterwards, instead of having to go into 01 ... to get the rest of it.

GuruSR.

GuruSR, i can definitly see the point in that. And that's the good one point - thank you. To think of it your suggestion will reduce space used in the time while being installed by Mod Organizer, also will reduce installation times - because no more redundant data will be in use. Even if no difference will be made to the donloadable files sizes. Thats pretty good idea of you to point to me.

I will begin merging procedure for today - to make it even better, and faster.

Also if there will be no permission given or no reply by Kimy - i will post it in this thread (files splitted: .7z.001, .7z.002, etc. - which will require to download all of them to work). However i will leave fomod installer in them - just for user to have "some" window informing which version he or she is installing. Fomod files are very small, imho it is better to keep them.

But this will require of me more time to test it. I don't want to do some mistakes by merging 01 over 00 in both UUNP and CBBE. That means also to test if after installation by Mod Manager. Especially check if there are no important files missing, and to test Bodyslide generation.

This looks allready very promising. Also looks like littlebit faster due to smaller amount of files used... Tested CBBE version - works as intended. Bodyslide detects all files to generate: 100 files. Which is exactly the same amount of files as in original installer. I was able to correct also fomod window to say something more friendly and to display correct version:

Spoiler

image.png.e4ba04ac5dc8c00dc483f3919cca06e3.png

I will do splitted version of it and non splitted. Next for me is to make & test UUNP now...

Edit: Allrighty! ? UUNP version is working. It has detected 106 files for that body type, which is also exact the same as in original installer. Not much of a difference in speed while installing, because this has much more small files required for UNP than it is required for CBBE. But installation shall be faster also just a littlebit.

Devious Devices - Expansion 4.3a CBBE version only. (size total: ~367 MB)

(in case you are on mobile data, pre-paid or simply - slow internet connection, and also don't want to download other body type installer)

This is repacked version of Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a to have only CBBE files inside the archive. You need to download all numbered files to make it work - from this post only. Installation in MO by selecting always first file.

Tested install in: Mod Organizer Classic 1.4, Mod Organizer 2.2.1

Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.7z.001Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.7z.002Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.7z.003Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.7z.004

Permission requirement - all met:

Spoiler

Permission.jpg.8cc9abaa4c1380f5f6648f2a35b54515.jpg

Fomod code changes:

md5 control sums & file:

Spoiler

a3601427e32c186f757e370965ac15b2 *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.7z.001
482274bcbd45f6defa7675505d9af23c *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.7z.002
962c309f22f05a40b94ff1e4b00961ba *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.7z.003
0c8c990acf4903d5aea90de5bd93fe06 *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.7z.004

Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_CBBE.md5

None changes done to original assets.

Devious Devices - Expansion 4.3a UUNP version only. (size total: ~708 MB)

(in case you are on mobile data, pre-paid or simply - slow internet connection, and also don't want to download other body type installer)

This is repacked version of Devious Devices Expansion 4.3a to have only UUNP files inside the archive. You need to download all numbered files to make it work - from this post only. Installation in MO by selecting always first file.

Tested install in: Mod Organizer Classic 1.4, Mod Organizer 2.2.1

Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.001 Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.002 Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.003 Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.004 Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.005 Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.006 Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.007 Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.008

Permission requirement - all met:

Spoiler

Permission.jpg.5aa6202fc1383209bf5d85978a40146e.jpg

Fomod code changes:

md5 control sums & file:

Spoiler

23273c3c3cf60198cf19278b158367c9 *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.001
12d18a99cf4f258a7a289cc239eeb4bd *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.002
1631a680f5d32c3627b1d378896448c5 *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.003
abafa587cd9fe1b0718916c52dea2c92 *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.004
32c9be404915043a87384fdb104310a8 *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.005
cb023376c7233ec15504111f25ac1d1b *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.006
beb2197164ceca68b53e9f1c64adc7cb *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.007
015daa768b6f980a522d96b2141b508b *Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.008

Devious_Devices_-_Expansion_4.3a_UUNP.7z.md5

None changes done to original assets.

BUG:  ARMOR 00x0116F6 "Black Ebonite Pony Boots", upon equipping it asks to lock 2 items at the same time, the second item (unowned) winds up in the inventory of the player, ARMOR 00x04ACE8 "Black Leather Pet Suit" (shows up as a White Armbinder in inventory picture).

Unlocking the "Black Ebonite Pony Boots" unlocks the "Black Leather Pet Suit" if still equipped and locked first, but leaves the "Black Ebonite Pony Boots" on and locked.  Unlocking them a second time unlocks the boots properly.

Gag (Pony) (Blinders) & (Harness) have identical inventory images of the Blinders (been that way since at least 4.1).

GuruSR.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

ARMOR 00x04ACE8 "Black Leather Pet Suit" (shows up as a White Armbinder in inventory picture).

GuruSR.

GuruSR - This is one of the reported already bugs by me. Posts numbers: 2668, 2669, 2670 all at previous page at this thread. There are more bugs if interested to read. Posted all with solutions also.

5 hours ago, piotsze said:

GuruSR - This is one of the reported already bugs by me. Posts numbers: 2668, 2669, 2670 all at previous page at this thread. There are more bugs if interested to read. Posted all with solutions also.

Well, I just updated to 4.3 about 7 hours ago, since there is no way to sift through a forum for a bug list here, since forum support doesn't really offer a bug tracker, I figured I'd add the notice that I've found those.  As for the visuals, no big deal, the rope ones don't have any (but I can see why).   Also just saw a pony gag'ed woman give head to another NPC, err, that is wrong.  Later, saw someone with an armbinder, sitting on a chair on top of a bed, spanking someone else...  Soooo much weirdness.

Also, the problem withe equipping the footwear (Pony ones so far, not tested the others since upgrading to this version), cause you to equip that Black Leather Pet Suit first, this is a bug, never did that in 4.1, so why I'm getting double requests is a scripting mistake, so I just cancel the first one (Carry On) and that works as expected.  I can live with the inventory images being wrong (the gags have been since 4.1).

I wonder if anyone has come up with kill moves that involve being armbound, really looks weird when your armbinder wearing player does a 3rd person kill move with stubby arms.  Would have rather seen her jump on them and snap their neck with her thighs, or twist the head off.  (Okay, maybe that last one was a wee bit tooo evil.)

GuruSR.

Tripping over heals while in dialogue and not moving, had an issue where the dialogue was part of a scene and it broke it, a reload and wait around for it to happen beforehand then started scene dialogue and it worked fine that time.  Perhaps a check for dialogue?   Also SSLSpank & BJ is accepted while player is using an armbinder, player spanks person, then gets bj on no dildo and due to high heel height offset, the other person is sucking on her knees.  Does the main mod account for the settings in SexLab for sex starts?

GuruSR.

@GuruSR I'm fairly sure that if you want bound filter to work with animations, the animation has to be started with DD's API. But i'm looking forward to proof explaining otherwise... So if you have a mod that doesn't have DD as its dependency and it starts some sex animation, you can be sure it will ignore all restraints. On top of that there are mods that call specific animations, bypassing all filters.

If you want to look into it more, you need to know

1) Which animations are playing, exact names. From that you can figure out which mod those animations belong to, and they can be studied deeper for missing keywords.

2) Which mod started the animation. You will know this based on what happens in the game, what messages you get and so on. From the script source codes you can tell how animations are started.

11 hours ago, Zaflis said:

@GuruSR I'm fairly sure that if you want bound filter to work with animations, the animation has to be started with DD's API. But i'm looking forward to proof explaining otherwise... So if you have a mod that doesn't have DD as its dependency and it starts some sex animation, you can be sure it will ignore all restraints. On top of that there are mods that call specific animations, bypassing all filters.

If you want to look into it more, you need to know

1) Which animations are playing, exact names. From that you can figure out which mod those animations belong to, and they can be studied deeper for missing keywords.

2) Which mod started the animation. You will know this based on what happens in the game, what messages you get and so on. From the script source codes you can tell how animations are started.

It is apparently using the filters, because I'll see it say it is going to play "this animation" and then when the two actors get together, it'll say it is going to play another one and that one does.  But there are some oddities:

Spoiler

1759307877_Oct8201916_55_17.jpg.2bfa42b99c64cbf3191db40649cae315.jpg

TDP Prostitution, ask if the person wanted sex, said yes, used Bed, then it went through 1 animation, filter blocked it, then went to SSLSpank & BJ.  Furniture on furniture, spanking someone while in an armbinder, then the spankee gave head to a missing dildo down by her knees due to the height difference of the boots not being accounted for some reason, actually most of the sex scenes that involve DD boots seem to be off aligned by a considerable amount.

Spoiler

1580555300_Oct9201908_49_04.jpg.1a1bf4bda5d39522ac759a59eb78a82f.jpg

SLEN here, this time the animations all failed and a DDYokeSolo anim played while the other person masturbated on the ground.  Notice the armbinder?

So the filters are being used, but, seems that either Sexlab's animation picker is failing to notice something in a "fail to this anim" or the anims I have are not "up to date" which I can't really tell because I've no idea if the DD animations have been updated.

GuruSR.

The bound sex animation filter worked fine in DD 4.2 with non-DD based mods such as SLEN, SexLab Survival and even Match Maker. Myself and others have reported the filter not working correctly with 4.3, for me the filter only seems to work correctly with Cursed Loot. Even an optional sex encounter with Swain in Laura's Bondage Shop didn't work with the bound sex filter and it's a DD-based mod.

GuruSR seems to be experiencing similar issues that I've been having, as outlined in the post I linked. If you start a sex scene while wearing an arm restraint the scene will select a normal animation first (according to the messages) but then select an aggressive animation instead of a bound sex animation.

As I said the bound sex filter in 4.3 works fine with Cursed Loot so don't immediately assume it's working for other mods. Once again the bound sex filter worked fine for non-DD mods with 4,2 but for myself and others it doesn't work correctly anymore with 4.3.

Anyone else having these issues need to start posting Papyrus logs. I intend on posting some more logs when I get the time to set everything up again.

55 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

TDP Prostitution, SLEN ...

So the filters are being used, ...

Neither of those mods have DD dependency. I went and looked into Cursed Loot how it deals with devices. I found it to be in dcur_library.psc source file at line 5025: function sexwithplayer. You can see there's all kinds of device code written manually for gags, chastity... Basically 1 sequence could be:

SLanim = libs.SelectValidDDAnimations(SceneSexActors, actorcount, !consensual, preferredanimtag)

r = SexLab.StartSex(Positions = SceneSexActors, anims = SLanim, victim = libs.playerref, allowbed = allowbeds, Hook="SexWithPlayer")

The alias "libs" there is referenced to zadlibs, meaning Devious Devices. So if you have a mod that doesn't depend on DD, there is no way it will be filtering the animations.

20 minutes ago, sudoshywolf said:

How do I "run bodyslide" to "build the assets". I don't know what that means

Minimal guide:

Spoiler

bodyslide_tut.png.5f249466a403ab12b255b9f136602dcd.png

If you build with a HDT body, you need HDTExtensions mod too. Some DD items require HDT to look right, chains and tail plugs etc. Also XPMSE skeleton file.

I mean, a lot of people use group filters. It's ok practise but not for people new to Bodyslide. There's a bigger chance you mess something up using filters. You have to build all items at least once in any case after they are installed, or if you change your body preset. Some mods may also have files in several different filter groups + some in the "Unassigned" group. You'd have to select all of them.