Yup, i think that you can make all fixes by yourself if using TES5Edit / NifSkope - but it will take some time. Especially with Rope Items - because there are many of them, and many new meshes... Actually - you can download Chain Collar meshes from my post. That was harder to fix for me - but it will work in your game... I actually fixed Chain Collar meshes using NifSkope editor. Was a beast to find this out, because i never did that earlier. ?

And the funny thing is when i saw your post i almost wanted to write to you: update your ENB because maybe it is not showing some colors as it should. But decided to check in-game what in the name of Nine Divines it is all about with those leather collars anyway... ^^

Yes I downloaded your chain collar fix - thanks for that as I have no idea how to manipulate items in NifSkope... maybe one day I'll have to find out but glad you saved me the troubles :D The petsuit / rope items seems to be an inventory display bug only from what I saw in your post? That I can live with but wearing invisible devices not so much!

Your reply to my post kept me thinking about this and posting and led to the meshes as the issue so thanks again for that too!

I've just catalogued the items I'm aware of that are bugged for me and going to see how many I can fix here then will update again ^^

@piotsze

I tried your suggestion of replacing xxxx_go.nif with xxxx.nif but unfortunately this doesn't seem to make any difference for me except in the case of the posture collar where it makes the item visible in inventory (not on character still for me so not sure why that is different to your experience).

These are the items I have found so far that are exhibiting this "invisible" behaviour for me;

Leather Armbinder (but not elbowbinder)

Leather Blindfold ('standard', custom and unlocked)

Leather Collar ('standard', harness and posture)

Leather Gag (Ball - harness & simple, Ring - harness & simple)

Iron Yoke

High Security Yoke (from Deviously Cursed Loot - using same mesh as Iron Yoke)

Steel Collar - Padded and Posture

Silver Collar - Padded and Posture

I've also noticed a common theme that all these meshes are actually part of devious device assets which I didn't think had changed in a long time so not sure what is going on here ^^

Well... that might be both meshes can be bad. Omg. Do you have like BaseID FormID of them? Six last digits? xD

Investigated:

Black Leather Armbinder (but not elbowbinder) - works fine! 

Leather Blindfold ('standard', custom and unlocked) - (works fine, works fine, works fine)

Leather Collar ('standard', harness and posture) - (works fine, works fine, works fine)

Leather Gag (Ball - harness & simple, Ring - harness & simple) (works fine - works fine, works fine - works fine)

Iron Yoke - works fine

High Security Yoke (from Deviously Cursed Loot - using same mesh as Iron Yoke) - works fine

Steel Collar - Padded and Posture (works fine: "Steel Collar (Padded)" and works fine: "Steel Collar (Padded) (Posture)" )

Silver Collar - Padded and Posture (works fine: "Silver Collar (Padded)" and works fine: "Silver Collar (Padded) (Posture)" )

Checked all above. Now i need a coffee... ^^

*in explanation: works fine - means it shows in inventory also a model of it, and also when put on my character.

You mean the base ID from the ESP for the items in armor addon and/or armor?

I haven't been looking at those so haven't noted them down but can give some examples;

Armor Addon

white leather armbinder - xx00f011

white leather blindfold - xx00f02d

white leather posture collar - xx00f063

Armor

white leather armbinder - xx00f013

white leather blindfold - xx00f02f

white leather blindfold (custom) - xx013350

white leather blindfold (unlocked) - xx013358

white leather collar (posture) - xx00f06a

14 minutes ago, MrMagoo said:

All those that work fine on yours do not work for me...

so the problem is mine and still a mystery :(

Well you need to find out whats happening in your game. You are not a newbie - but it may still be difficult.

Now checking (will reedit this post)

Armor Addon

white leather armbinder - xx00f011 works fine

white leather blindfold - xx00f02d works fine (temporarly i'm giving screenshot to prove i'm not givin BS to you...)

white leather posture collar - xx00f063 works fine

Armor

white leather armbinder - xx00f013 works fine

white leather blindfold - xx00f02f works fine

white leather blindfold (custom) - xx013350 works fine

white leather blindfold (unlocked) - xx013358 works fine

white leather collar (posture) - xx00f06a works fine

Spoiler

ScreenShot9.jpg.ed8a9e7d51d38f3e0bee64db25d41efa.jpgScreenShot10.jpg.8bd4c18a5486d4a4dd96ab90cb21da79.jpgScreenShot11.jpg.ecc9a1a545af45cd18434ed5d2a27c04.jpgScreenShot12.jpg.8715d2bf2bac93d71688c21235b32682.jpg1619050062_enb2019_10_1806_08_15_33.jpg.3625e7a6931d2fa26c7892eb325b20ed.jpg172261679_enb2019_10_1806_21_03_80.jpg.6d689bb2cc6357c21556277d553ed01a.jpg1441422058_enb2019_10_1806_23_16_71.jpg.5280048bf6e1c37377741015d06df7ae.jpg

16 minutes ago, MrMagoo said:

Yeah I can normally figure out my issues eventually but this just has me really confused because I can't understand how it can happen when I take out all other mods and re-install ><

Tested them all... I feel so "white" now!

Like this guy:

tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif

(littlebit amazed)

5 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

SKSE plugins / XPMSE - I have tried with and without HDT physics extension as well as with and without XPMSE (my default setup is with both).

How do you mean both? You can only install 1 kind of body and items for it. HDT is a requirement for DD to work correctly, and HDT requires XPMSE. You need to run FNIS after changing skeleton.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

How do you mean both? You can only install 1 kind of body and items for it. HDT is a requirement for DD to work correctly, and HDT requires XPMSE. You need to run FNIS after changing skeleton.

Yep done all that. I mean I have both XPMSE and HDT physics extensions installed.

@MrMagoo and @piotsze

Apologies if this isn't relevant, or if you already know it, but I noticed some talk of redirecting records from _go.nifs to normal nifs. The "go" usually stands for ground object. Sometimes mods use "gnd" for ground, or "wo" for world object. These are the meshes you see in your inventory menu, or if you actually drop or place the item in the game world. They should be what the item's "Armor" record uses. They should never be what the "Armor Addon" uses. The AA should be pointing to the normal nif, or to either the _0 or _1.nif in the case of an item that has weight-slider support. Those meshes are what you will see on the character when the item is equipped.

Every _go.nif you have in the mod's folder structure should have a similarly-named mesh without the "_go" part, or two similarly-named meshes replacing "_go" with "_0" and "_1" usually in the same folder. If you don't have that, the mod isn't installed correctly. If the mod has AA records that use go nifs, those records have been set up incorrectly.

So, as an example.

Armor Addon - zadx_WTLblindfoldAA - changed from "Devious\Devices\blindfold01_go.nif" to "Devious\Expansion\BlindfEbonite.nif"  --> this fixes visibility on character

In the meshes\devious\devices folder, where the blindfold01_go.nif can be found, there should also be something like a blindfold01.nif (or possibly blindfold01_0.nif and blindfold01_1.nif.) One of these is what the DDx esm should be pointing to with that Armor Addon (as well as applying a texture set to it, to make it white.) If it isn't doing that, then it's a mistake in the esm.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:05 AM, fore said:

Wow. This pic is so GREAT.

Would you allow me to use it????

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.....???:D

Hello ! Sure - go ahead. I catched a nap - sorry! :D

Gogogogo... Run FNIS ! Yaaay ! :D 

8 hours ago, piotsze said:

And did you ...

run_fnis.png.639c80d642758cafaf21fba30a4d6c6b.png    ... (run FNIS) ... ?

Yep just ran it again for my "clean" setup with only DD + requirements - didn't change.

I'm going to just delete any and all skyrim files on my PC and start 100% from scratch and install just the bare minimum for DD to see if I can fix this.

If not I'm going to scream and kick something very hard!!

2 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

manually extracting the files from DD Assets zip into the mod folder after installation seems to solve my problem!

I sure hope you know what you are doing then. Many mods zip files are structured for FOMOD installers like in case of DDA:

Spoiler

dda.png.9dc5a9c409a3e86871d0269e54afa958.png

Just so you know that you need all files from "00 Core" and then either CBBE OR UUNP files but not both. They need to be extracted with structure like \data\meshes\...

But anyways if you use the installer it does all that for you, and you can almost just hit install button:

Spoiler

dda2.png.106c628dd1c12675621516438d35ee7a.png

? Self promotion time - just kidding - here you have it :

DDx_CBBE.JPG.bf70f1e62ebb10ce746a7d8f5ce14e75.JPG

DDx_UUNP.JPG.ccd58504a08393751f3515c4158d355a.JPG

Just choose your body to go to thread for download... (tap or click - above are links!)

Remember to download all files from post (split archive)

Have a fun! ✌️?

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I sure hope you know what you are doing then. Many mods zip files are structured for FOMOD installers like in case of DDA:

Hide contents

dda.png.9dc5a9c409a3e86871d0269e54afa958.png

Just so you know that you need all files from "00 Core" and then either CBBE OR UUNP files but not both. They need to be extracted with structure like \data\meshes\...

But anyways if you use the installer it does all that for you, and you can almost just hit install button:

Reveal hidden contents

dda2.png.106c628dd1c12675621516438d35ee7a.png

Yeah don't worry I understand the structure :)

Using the installer is easier yes.. but since it means that the mod won't work for me and manually extracting the files means it will work... well it's no contest really.