On 12/17/2018 at 11:27 AM, Kimy said:

Not sure where people got the idea from that the Chloe quest is mandatory to complete. It's not.

But I guess for those of you who don't like Chloe, I have bad news: What I am currently working on is probably 2-3 times longer than Chloe...

Belated, but this makes me really excited! The last time I played through Skyrim with DCL, I somehow missed Chloe; I was absolutely delighted to find her this round through, and definitely enjoyed going through her quest. (Even if I definitely wanted to drop-kick Nazeem straight into a dragon's maw, ffffft. XD)

3 hours ago, PolskiHusarz20 said:

Can anyone tell me how can I find dollmaker, Sasha, etc. 

You can post me location or lspecific quest.

As said above, Dawnstar

But if you use ETaC, her house is doubled up with one of that mods, and the front door is behind its, making it consequently 'non clickable''  You need to use to to get 'through' to her door

Not sure where people got the idea from that the Chloe quest is mandatory to complete. It's not.

But I guess for those of you who don't like Chloe, I have bad news: What I am currently working on is probably 2-3 times longer than Chloe...

What I don't like is that the Chloe quest disables fast travel once it's started, and the quest starts automatically once you reach a certain point inside Helgen Keep.

Since there's good starter gear that DCL adds in the cages inside Helgen Keep, deciding to get that loot also forces you to do the Chloe quest as fast travel is disabled the moment the quest starts.

Another thing is that if you dismiss Chloe during certain points in the quest she'll walk all the way back to Dawnstar.

Since fast travel is disabled this can soft lock your game, causing you to be unable to recruit Chloe back to continue the quest if you lose her.

It's also possible to advance the quest to a certain point (I don't know how far as I haven't fully tested,) without ever recruiting Chloe as a follower.

The note found on the imperial soldier near the end of the dungeon can be picked up to advance the quest without having Chloe as a follower.

1 hour ago, hylysi said:

It's also possible to advance the quest to a certain point (I don't know how far as I haven't fully tested,) without ever recruiting Chloe as a follower.

The note found on the imperial soldier near the end of the dungeon can be picked up to advance the quest without having Chloe as a follower.

I may recall incorrectly, but I believe I finished her entire quest line without having her as a follower. As she was often invisible due to the HDT bug, and the items the quest puts on her, I often had to summon her with Get Over Here, and then disable-enable her to get her visible to do various quest stages. Then I'd forget about her until she was needed again.

IIRC I made her a follower after the quest was over and I could ensure her clothes were a bit more practical.

I like her as a follower. Not too powerful, but not totally weak either.

36 minutes ago, Ellavriel said:

is there a way to quickly find privious CL patch notes? like 7.0- etc

I mean there must be more convinient way rather than scrolling 700+ pages right? :O

Yup - the mod itself has a readme with all the patch notes.  Its in the docs folder (optional install, but you can just read them by extracting them from the mod itself as well).

5 hours ago, Lyvanna said:

I've ran bodyslide and FNIS. I've completely reinstalled DDi, DDa, DDx and DCL. I've tried moved DCL to the bottom of the load order. Currently using the CBBE Curvy body provided by all in one hdt animated pussy. It's missing the vagina textures in game though, even though I can locate them just fine in the files folder. Think everything about my game is completely and utterly botched at this point, lol.

It's highly likely that you sent your FNIS output to the wrong place, one way or another.

Your reports and information are focused on Bodyslide, but (1) Bodyslide doesn't install textures, and (2) your log has FNIS errors.

Textures are part of the base mod install for body/armor, not the bodyslide.

Chances are that missing pussy textures are because you do not have a skin texture with a pussy in.

If you are using MO, that needs to be low enough down in your left pane to override any skins without the sexy bits. Another way to fail is to install a UUNP skin texture with a CBBE mesh. If your nipples are not rendered correctly, you have a mismatched skin for your body type.

If you have a totally separate pussy mesh, it may have its own texture path, and you can easily check that the textures are present and loadable - but if you're in MO, you must check within the MO file system.

You didn't explain your mod management configuration, which is central to resolving these kinds of issues. MO, MO2, NMM, Vortex, nothing?

Then, how did you install and configure FNIS? There are different ways. With MO, several different ways, and with MO, you usually have a post execution step to get the output properly installed.

You might save a lot of pain (if you're using MO) by getting away from the complicated CBBE + AIOHAP and simply use UUNP Special, which has a built-in HDT vagina.

I don't use CBBE + AIOHAP, though I did, some time ago. I somewhat doubt that it is correct to select 'use gender specific animations', as that would apply to ANIMATIONS, and HDT is not animations, it's physics. Are you sure you read the instructions correctly? If there are actual animations in that pack (and honestly, I don't recall, but I know it is a convoluted installation) I would suspect they are distinct from the HDT support. Installing the HDT support should not require animation support, and vice versa. If you can install it without those animations you will remove an additional complexity.

Also, are you sure you aren't pushing the override animation limit? Do you have a lot of SLAL packs? In particular the huge FB MYSLALPACK? If you have that, plus Anub and Leito, and a few other things, like DD, you need FNIS XXL, and that's probably a place better avoided if possible - most of the animations in MYSLALPACK are of little benefit in many games, or at least just silly in a generic sexlab context. Playing necro animations for a live victim, or adding creature animations for creatures not in your game are pointless, and so on. If you only have rapes in your game, adding hundreds of consensual animations doesn't help either. It makes a lot of sense to be selective in what you install from the big FunnyBiz pack, and not install all of its components.

Speaking of Chloe's quest, it occurs to me that for those of us using an alternate start mod (I use Skyrim Unbound) if you don't use the vanilla start, and you don't use the captive princess start included in DCL, then the player might not visit the Helgen dungeon for many days, maybe even months. After such a long delay she should have starved to death, and a certain corrupt officer should have been arrested as a deserter. The player may even have had to fight a bunch of bandits to even get to Chloe.

I wonder if her initial dialog could have some conditions added so that if she's been down there a while  since the start of the game she might add a story about bandits finding her and keeping her alive, no doubt intending to sell her, or perhaps trying to ransom her back to the Dollmaker. Just a thought for the immersively obsessed folks like me.

Definitely looking forward to it! Additional content is what keeps the game fresh.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:48 PM, Kimy said:

I suppose it didn't occur to me that people actually don't like quest content... I will add a dialogue option to Chloe to allow people to let her rot where she is, I guess... :S

I really enjoy the quests and am looking forward to the next one you said you're working on :D

As for the option, "I will come back for you" or something along those lines would sound a lot better than just leaving her there ?

Is there a specific option in the Rape menu to disallow animals (wolves, bears, etc) from triggering Combat Surrender? I hardly find it immersive when a Wolf knocks me out with a stong attack and places me in a yoke.

Or do I have to disable combat surrender in it's entirety?

11 hours ago, ShamefurDispray said:

As for the option, "I will come back for you" or something along those lines would sound a lot better than just leaving her there

If you refuse to rescue her, somebody else does it and she vows to hunt you down and take revenge for leaving her there to rot.

You go to sleep in an inn, and wake up as Chloe's slave. Another use for XDFF.

If you're good enough for long enough, you could trigger a simplistic quest to escape, and ultimately get her as a follower, as if you rescued her.

I suppose it would be nice if you could disable such intrusive quests individually in the MCM, bug being kidnapped would be even more fun.,

22 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Did you run bodyslide after installing?

To be fair, it's his first ever post.

It's like the FOMOD should have a little screen shot of a character with just a head, hands and feet, and next to it, a tip:

"If you see this, you didn't run Bodyslide." Along with a link to the Bodyslide tutorial.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

To be fair, it's his first ever post.

It's like the FOMOD should have a little screen shot of a character with just a head, hands and feet, and next to it, a tip:

"If you see this, you didn't run Bodyslide." Along with a link to the Bodyslide tutorial.

I'm sorry if it came across as hostile, that wasn't my intention at all.

I agree that while bodyslide is mentioned on the mod page. It should be highlighted more because it's an important step in installing DD.

4 hours ago, Lyvanna said:

FNIS output goes to my overwrite files where I drag them into a mod named FNIS output which is active in my game.

I wouldn't recommend that. If you ever need to reinstall/update FNIS mod then, your meshes and stuff would break no? I made a new mod folder names "overwrite_devious" where MO profile name is "devious". I have such folder for each of my profile. So whenever stuff goes in overwrite i move them all to the folder i created for the profile. If you are using MO2 which i also recommend, you can set FNIS and Bodyslide to automatically output to "overwrite_devious". And this goes lowest to the mod order.

Sometimes you may need to delete the meshes folder from there after you uninstall mods. I mean you would have to delete meshes in ALL cases anyway, but if you output them to FNIS you would't even know where to begin... You would need to reinstall the whole FNIS.

edit: If you meant "FNIS output" not "FNIS" output... i guess you were already doing it ok ?

8 hours ago, Lyvanna said:

FNIS output goes to my overwrite files where I drag them into a mod named FNIS output which is active in my game. I've successfully gotten a bunch of different animations that are reliant on FNIS. 

As has been much discussed (elsewhere unfortunately), if you install FNIS through MO, and run it as you do, without taking additional measures, you will get cross-profile contamination.

By default, FNIS rebuilds overwrite some files in the root FNIS install, and those files don't go into overwrite.

There are ways around it. If you're aware. I have a .bat file that avoids the problem.

However, there is now a special mode in FNIS to fix this problem, but it requires configuring your FNIS and its ini files quite differently from a default install. You can probably find a guide somewhere. As I have my own solution, I haven't bothered with it, but if I install a new FNIS version, I'd probably modernize.

That may, or may not be part of your problem.

As now we know you're using MO, it's likely your texture woes are from ignoring the left pane.

In short:

Right pane allows you to set the ESM/ESP load order. This is certainly very important... And with mods that have all their assets in a BSA, it determines asset load order too ... or it doesn't ... because MO magic ... will get back to that.

The left pane determines the order of file system composition. So the left pane can result in an asset being replaced with an asset with the same name, from a different mod, or even an ESP being replaced with a different (identically named) ESP. It has all those handy little zap icons, and highlighting to show you what overwrites what, and you can see file-by-file if you bring up the details of a mod and look at the conflicts tab.

So the left pane is the ultimate arbiter of what files are in your game; the right pane determines what mods ESM or ESP files are loaded or not loaded, and in what order.

However, the right pane has tabs other than "Plugins". "Saves" is self-evident. In "Data" you can review the final, composed file-system, and see where each file came from, and there's an Archives tab, where you can enable "manage archives" ... this allows BSA files to be loaded according to left-pane order, not right (simplifying a bit, but it's basically true). Normally, an ESP is required to load a BSA. This feature lets you get rid of ESPs that exist only to load BSAs, though you would need to inspect an ESP quite carefully to know that this is the case. There is a tick-box per BSA,.

Personally, I unpack BSAs in most cases. This allows me to see their conflicts and overwrites in detail in the left pane. MO can unpack BSAs for you, or you can use another tool. Some people hold to the belief that BSAs load faster. In an NMM scenario they might load a little quicker to the point you could even tell, but in MO the difference is microscopic and barely measurable - and it has been measured - this reduced difference is likely because MO is caching large parts of the file system in memory. Also, textures and NIFs don't necessarily compress that well anyway.

However, the BSA thing rarely causes problems.

It's user generated files that cause troubles in MO. People drag them into mods, contaminating multiple profiles, or create new mods with them in, thinking it's safe and reliable, not knowing that sometimes MO will modify the root module without even warning you, or generated files go somewhere MO doesn't even see them, and so never get incorporated. MO's file overwrite procedure makes using it all but unworkable for mod development. (Also, the CK hangs on exit in MO for me, though that's a minor annoyance). The file overwrite rules for MO are IMHO one of its genuine weak spots, and that the user cannot modify these rules according to some pattern-matching system aggravates the problem. If - for example - you could "write protect" a particular mod, it would have prevented the years of woe people had from corrupted FNIS profiles, because every "secret" write back to the FNIS mod would have raised an error rather than silently modifying a shared module installation. The latter behaviour was a vexing quirk in FNIS, but also the result of a genuinely bad design decision in MO (or premature abandonment of MO development, take your pick).

Handling generated files is the hardest part of learning to use MO correctly. Some users never figure out what the real problems are and write the whole thing off to Skyrim voodoo. Others abandon MO, thinking it's broken on their system. Most learn and overcome the problem, but it still adds friction to MO use.

Hey, I've just updated to the latest version of this mod and started a new game. I'm playing through the Chloe quest, but haven't been able to make it out of Helgen with her yet. I'm stuck on the objective where you have to squeeze through the secret passage in the keep (where the rubble breaks the bridge), but going through doesn't complete the quest objective or trigger any new dialogue with Chloe. Any help would be appreciated. :)

8 minutes ago, SnowieScrolls said:

Hey, I've just updated to the latest version of this mod and started a new game. I'm playing through the Chloe quest, but haven't been able to make it out of Helgen with her yet. I'm stuck on the objective where you have to squeeze through the secret passage in the keep (where the rubble breaks the bridge), but going through doesn't complete the quest objective or trigger any new dialogue with Chloe. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Try searching the Imperials on the other side. I think that's your next step, even if the objective says to squeeze through. (Edit: Or, if I'm thinking of the dead Imps before that, then just keep going till the end of the cave, I believe.)

9 hours ago, Lyvanna said:

I'm thinking (possibly dumbly) FNIS straight up isn't recognizing some animation files, is that something that can happen

Not without FNIS spitting a lot of errors that you'd see in the build report.

You shouldn't have any files in your overwrite, but from what I can tell, you make an output mod from the overwrite, which is normal.

You might have something toxic in your data folder somewhere.

As you're using MO. You can track that down easily.

Thus:

Make a new profile (duplicate your existing one) and switch to it.

Delete any saves that were replicated into the new profile.

Turn off pretty much everything. Including any mods with animations. Including FNIS. Including Bodyslide and all the outputs thereof.

Install just LAL or Skyrim Unbound. Don't let the stupid vanilla start waste all your time.

Start a new game, check it all works well.

Now add things back, one step at a time.

e.g. Add in all your static mesh and texture mods.

Resort your mods.

Try again. Should be fine. If not, remove half, try again, then use binary search to find the problem mod.

This applies to most other situations where you find a problem.

Then add XMPSE, sexlab and FNIS. Try again with basic built-in sexlab animations.

If this is where you fail, you've isolated the problem to one of the three components. Drop sexlab and try without it.

You shouldn't need to load the XMPSE esp.

Assuming it's OK, add Bodyslide, bodyslide your main mesh and the outfits you have enabled, try again, check the outfits, check the skin, check it all.

Console yourself items, try them all out.

Assuming this works, add in SLAL, add a couple of moderate sized SLAL packs. Do not add a massive pack like MYSLALPACK.

New game, test.

Hammer through different animations, check they behave. No T-poses.

Then, add DDi, DDassets, DDx. Bodyslide the assets.

New game and test.

Console yourself items, try them all out.

Check animations, check bound sex.

Add Zaz, if you use it, test as above. Check the animation filters.

Add DCL, again bodyslide, FNIS, test, test, test.

And if that's OK, add in various other mods.

And so on.

If you add a mod with animations in, and suddenly it all goes to crap after working right for ages, you crossed an animation count threshold. Too many anims. Even if FNIS didn't say so.

Also, remember you generally have to enable SLAL animations for sexlab to use them. Yes, I know obvious, but sometimes people forget to do obvious stuff.

11 hours ago, xAteax said:

So... Honest question. I use Death Alternative plus this mod, s I have combat surrender disabled. Does this mean NPC surrender (And thus, anythign to do with slavers) is out of the question? Or will they still surrender without the player able to surrender?

You're correct, NPC and player surrender are systems tied together. You can't use other defeat mod if you need the slaver functionality, but there's hopes Kimy would separate them in the future?

1 hour ago, Lyvanna said:

I've already done most of this, albeit not in the exact same order, and things start borking up when I add DDi. But I'll try again doing it exactly this way to pinpoint what is happening. Is there an easy way to test sexlab animations? The "play animation" button in the sexlab MCM tends to be grayed out for some reason, is there an obvious reason for that that I'm just not seeing? What about the ones DD adds that aren't triggered by items, they should show up in the sexlab MCM if everything is working correctly, yeah? Tyvm for your help! ❤️ 

DDa/i/e need to all be installed together if you have any DD dependencies, which you do in DCL. There are a small handful of mods that require only DDa, but they usually explicitly state that in their requirements. As a general rule, you want them all installed or all inactive.

Sexlab Matchmaker is probably the best tool for testing animations.

DD animations are controlled by DD, not Sexlab. They won't appear in the list of animations in either Sexlab or SLAL, nor will Zaz AP control them. Zaz AP can trigger its own animations in test, but not DD's, at least not anymore that I'm aware.

Oh, and animation issues are almost guaranteed if you're enabling/disabling mods which require FNIS output after generating said output in an effort to pinpoint your problem. If you enable or disable a FNIS-dependent mod, you have to dump your FNIS output and rebuild it. No exceptions.

Some tips:

1. Build a base modded Skyrim that's stable and works for you before anything else. This is one of the better guides for new mod users. By stable base, I mean mods you will always use each and every time you change your build. Base game textures, fixes, and general improvements are what you want here. Get your load order sorted and settled, then start building on it.

2. Now add in mods that change the way the game works. Think of it as the second floor in your building made of mods. You probably won't change this much either, at least not after a while.

3. Now add LL mods. This is your third floor.

4. Now add mods which should never be overwritten. FNIS and XPMSE should absolutely never be overwritten, except FNIS by its own output mods which you've already learned to create.

5. Now you add mods you're testing/evaluating.

6. It's perfectly fine to place output mods directly below the mod that created them. e.g.: I have my outfits in between #2 and #3, Bodyslide/OS in #4, and my generated meshes in an output mod directly below Bodyslide.

7. You can right-click mods and assign property groups to them. I do this with inactive mods so they don't create clutter. Just right-click and remove them from the group to undo this, though you'll probably have to restart MO to make the change appear.

Generally you want your mods in the left pane to at least somewhat match their .esm and .esp order in the right pane, and if you're unsure it doesn't hurt to make them match precisely, but as you become more familiar with your build, you can start changing things around a bit. As an example, I have all my LL mods stacked below my stable build and game-changing mods in the left pane but not the right, but I'm very familiar with what they do and how they do it. Also, be aware that LOOT, if you use it, will almost always change both panes.