8 hours ago, legraf said:

I've attached a papyrus log in case it's in any way helpful... certainly there are many errors relating to dcur_slaveGagScript, but I'm hardly an expert on such things.  Still, I do think there's something fishy here.

The log has a good clue to the cause of the problem: dcur_slaveGagScript is throwing some serious looking errors.

A cursory inspection of the script throwing those errors points to a likely cause.

dcur_slaveGagScript extends a non-existent script: dcur_hisecgagscript

There is no such script, compiled or source, in the 7.2 distribution of DCL.

I grepped through the compiled scripts and the sources, and found that string in only one place, as the first line of dcur_slaveGagScript, which reads:

Scriptname dcur_slaveGagScript extends dcur_hisecgagscript

Clearly, this script is designed to inherit vital variables, like "libs", but does work, now that its base object doesn't exist.

The base object must have existed when it was compiled, but isn't in the DCL 7.2 distribution, and not in the 7.0 distribution either.

dcur_hisecgagscript is present in the 6.4 distribution, but not in 7.2

Further conclusions can't be drawn without digging through the item in the CK, but it looks a lot like this item is completely broken, and if it works sometimes and not others, that's quite strange, given the severity of the information in the log and the status of the script. It shouldn't work at all.

Those users who smooshed their DCL 7 over the top of their DCL 6 might get different results, as they would pick up the old 6.4 script.

To add a little more info, from the CK.

The items Rogwar002 identified, named Slave Gag, use the script: dcur_slaveGagScript.

I can't bring up the properties on this script in the CK ... likely due to the missing base.

The dcur_hisecPanelGag and dcur_hisecBallGag objects have their own scripts, which are different.

I suspect that the slave gag could be rewritten to use the current panel gag script as a base, as the plug and the inflation are conceptually similar.

But it wouldn't just be swapping the base, the old hisecgagscript is quite different to the panelgag + gag composite.

Any such change needs an ESP change or patch, because the properties are currently useless. Or maybe not, if you just drop the old scripts in... But my guess is that old script was based on DD3.X, and that's why it was replaced, but TBH, I haven't done more than glance at it for an instant.

The important part, is that the item is broken in the distribution, and needs a fix of some kind, it's not just erratic behaviour in one person's game.

On the topic of oft reported Chloe quest issues, I just played through the start of it again, this time in 7.2, and...

1) No sign of a key for the shackles on any corpses

2) When I squeeze through the opening, Chloe teleported to me

3) I found a torn note on a corpse in the spider cave - quest journal updated SILENTLY - there was no notification quest had changed

4) Conversation with the soldier suggests Chloe is with me, but she is not; she didn't follow me after the teleport

I think this is as reported by many others. Non-appearance of keys (are they even supposed to exist?) seems frequent. Three play-throughs now, I've never seen any keys, or had Chloe follow me, or had dialog with the soldier ever make sense.

Chloe teleport makes a nonsense of not having the keys.

Chloe not following makes a nonsense of dialogue with the soldier, relating to recovering her shipment that she never asked you to recover.

Silent quest updates enhance the sense that something is awry and quest not working as intended.

Also...

The sound of whimpering is audible too early ... perhaps?

You can hear this (supposedly quiet) sound before you descend to the torture chamber - a long way off - but if you couldn't hear it until you entered the cell corridor, it would allow people to loot the good stuff from the kitchen and torture chamber without triggering Chloe.

Also...

Pretty much every single corpse I looted had a mage robe of some kind on it, either destruction, restoration, or illusion, but not one of them was a mage, they were all wearing armor and were soldiers, so I got double loot, and high value per weight loot too.

These robes are not part of LAL. I guess some other mod could have edited the drop list, but I suspect DCL, as I don't have any mods that change drops.

This seems a bug, albeit benign. It was a large haul in easy cash I probably shouldn't have got.

1)Can anybody explain how does XDFF rule "I will unlock you in unsafe areas" work? I tried to enter Dungenons and Leah didn't unlock me, also there is no line in dialog like "Mistress please unlock me because I need to defend myself"/

2)Does bound girls disappear when I untie them? So If I untie all 50 girls would be new girls spawn or I will have only freed-bound girls in Skyrim?

3)Can I get pet suit from cursed container?
4)Can anybody please explain how "full set" works? It will be equiped every time I get cursed container and my arousal be more than some value, or something else?

7 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

It should be in a container (strongbox I think) In the room before the cells.

The container doesn't show up until you talk to her, if I recall correctly.

Thanks for this information. Honestly, I would never, ever, have considered backtracking to look for a magically materialising container that wasn't there before.

A container that doesn't appear until after you've gone past where it is, and requires a conversation to make it appear?

It's a recipe for complaints and confusion. Containers that appear out of thin air are not a mechanic I'm used to in Skyrim :)

Certainly, not unless I've been told they will appear, and I'm doing a spell to conjure them or something.

Given the structure of the quest, it needs to be impossible to get to the dust pile unless you have obtained and used the key to free Chloe, otherwise there are problems with teleporting Chloe and finding a note that has no proper purpose.

It doesn't seem like stage completion requirementss were planned out in a way that makes the quest robust with respect to player choices.

Of course, finding the note itself is harmless, but the completion conditions for the stage need to reflect it as just one requirement amongst others. You shouldn't be able to have the full conversation with the soldier unless you have Chloe with you and have agreed to help her recover her shipment.

If the rescue of Chloe is supposed to be optional once triggered, then the quest should at least make sure the player makes the choice to abandon the quest explicitly, on purpose, not simply because they failed to find a key hidden in a back-asswards location.

e.g. If rescue of Chloe is optional and you can abort the quest

Spoiler

The dust pile could be a talking activator, so you can explicitly choose to use it without having rescued Chloe, in which case you abandon her quest and leave her to rot - for now. It could be possible to restart it, if you come back in via the upstairs entrance.

If the dust pile simply didn't work unless you've released Chloe, that would be confusing, unpleasant, and nonsensical. There needs to be a gating mechanic that is self-evident to the player.

Possibly, the quest should add a locked gate at the start of Chloe's cell corridor, before you can get to the cells, or progress to the dust pile.

Chloe's shackle key would also be the key for this gate, so you couldn't even get IN to the cell corridor without her key. But perhaps this is too easy and dull.

Alternatively, put a locked gate on the way OUT of the corridor, before it lets into the bridge/stream room area with lots of corpses, so you can talk to Chloe but not progress further until you have found her key and are making a deliberate decision to use or not use it.

In both cases, the player can still not talk to Chloe to unlock her, or progress to the dust pile without her, but in the latter case, it's clear the player is doing it on purpose.

If the intention is that the player MUST free Chloe before progressing, then it would make sense that there is a devious trap that requires the player to release Chloe, before Chloe can help the player escape. This trap could be some device left from Chloe's consignment.

e.g. If you must rescue Chloe to exit once the quest is started

Spoiler

If you haven't released Chloe, instead of the dust pile, there is a chest.

When the player investigates the chest, it springs a full quest-grade bondage set on the player, including blindfold and shock boots. Or something else fun, and suitably crippling. It doesn't port you through the gap.

Journal says "Perhaps the other chained captive knows something about these devices?"

When the trap fires, a gate locks back at the stairway from the torture chamber, so there is no way out of the keep - at all - unless you progress the quest. This restricts the areas you can investigate to find the key, so it's a more tractable problem. You know it has to be somewhere in the places you can get to.

If you talk to Chloe, she says she knows the release word for the bondage set, but will only use it if you free her - otherwise it is impossible to escape.

You now have a limited area in which to search and find the key. She might even give a clue as to where it is.

Whenever you release Chloe, she removes the bondage set, the chest turns into the dust pile, and the locked gate opens and cannot be locked again.

Whatever the case, the existing structure, positioning of items, and outcomes, are easily rendered nonsense unless the player already knows what they must do. Something needs to change, somewhere.

3 hours ago, keter682 said:

Does bound girls disappear when I untie them? So If I untie all 50 girls would be new girls spawn or I will have only freed-bound girls in Skyrim?

New girls spawn to maintain the count.

3)Can I get pet suit from cursed container?

I don't think you can. It would be bad if you did. It makes movement extremely slow; quite a bit worse than a hobble-dress.

4)Can anybody please explain how "full set" works? It will be equiped every time I get cursed container

If you trigger a trap, instead of applying the number of random items determined by the range you have selected (1 to 3, for example), if you have over the "full set" arousal, a full set is forced instead.

In this case, having high arousal is a recipe for serious situation, assuming you actually trigger a trap.

For example:

You won't trigger a trap if you have too many items worn already.

You won't trigger a trap if you are on a DCL quest that uses quest devices, like Queen Sarah, Cursed Collar, or Rubber Doll Suit.

You won't trigger a trap if you are below the trap trigger arousal limit, which could actually get set higher than the force full set value, though it would be an odd choice.

You won't trigger a trap if traps are on cooldown.

You won't trigger a trap if you have the chance configured to be 0, one way or another.

Remember, you can control how much arousal modifies the chance. If you make arousal not count at all, you get the flat chances configured per area, or globally.

Or you could go all the way in the other direction and make arousal the only thing that determines the trigger chance.

By default, it's 50/50, so you get half-arousal-chance + half-area-chance.

Question regarding the cursed collar quest:

Spoiler

I'm in the Deep Dark Dungeon. Did the location of the Strange Gem change? (from the prison cells on the other side of the wall) I can't seem to find it to unlock my restraints. I also tried spawning one in, but touching it does nothing.

9 minutes ago, Pixeletta said:

Question regarding the cursed collar quest:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm in the Deep Dark Dungeon. Did the location of the Strange Gem change? (from the prison cells on the other side of the wall) I can't seem to find it to unlock my restraints. I also tried spawning one in, but touching it does nothing.

No, i've done that quest at least once in 7.2, it works same way as before.

Spoiler

You need to find a way down the trapdoor.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Whatever the case, the existing structure, positioning of items, and outcomes, are easily rendered nonsense unless the player already knows what they must do. Something needs to change, somewhere.

I also did not consider that a key was behind me in a room I'd already searched and fully looted.

I don't see why the strongbox has to appear later?  What is wrong with making the shackle key a quest item and just possibly finding it before you run into Chloe?  Chloe could say "Did you find a key to these shackles anywhere?  I think it's back up there where the guards were."

7 hours ago, rjn said:

I don't see why the strongbox has to appear later?  What is wrong with making the shackle key a quest item and just possibly finding it before you run into Chloe?  Chloe could say "Did you find a key to these shackles anywhere?  I think it's back up there where the guards were."

Another problem is that if you use the dust pile and find the note, going back and finding the key is possible, but doesn't fix anything.

Once you have the note it won't register finding the shackles key as completed in quest objectives, and you can't have any dialog with Chloe about it.

That part of the quest remains semi-stuck until you do the next part. 

52 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:
8 hours ago, rjn said:

Another problem is that if you use the dust pile and find the note, going back and finding the key is possible, but doesn't fix anything.

Once you have the note it won't register finding the shackles key as completed in quest objectives, and you can't have any dialog with Chloe about it.

That part of the quest remains semi-stuck until you do the next part. 

If it helps, I seem to recall that the quest pointer does point you to where to find the key.

3 hours ago, raphitek said:

Hello every one, I am in need of assistance : my character has been locked in the slave collar, but I have no quest to unlock it. Is that normal, and if it is, how do I start the quest to unlock it ?

Slave collar unlocks after N amount of sexual activities and N amount of days. You set them in MCM. May also check the settings for slut collar when you do that. Neither of them uses a quest, at least not a visible one.

4 hours ago, raphitek said:

Hello every one, I am in need of assistance : my character has been locked in the slave collar, but I have no quest to unlock it. Is that normal, and if it is, how do I start the quest to unlock it ?

Like Zaflis said, you need to have sex and wait. In addition you can set an option in the MCM if you then still need keys or if it unlokcs on its own. If you still need the keys you will have to use either one or three head restraint keys. I am not sure if the slave collar needs three like the striptease collar, but it will need head keys and not normal ones. And if you already got the collar changing the MCM does not change the values of your current collar I think, only the ones for future collars.

Why not add in SL Hormone's Compatibility to make a Trap/Quest that changes your gender?

For an Idea of a quest

Why not make it where you hear rumors of a unknown dragon priest mask, and you go to search for it

When you equip it, it changes your gender and breaks forever.

And you go to search for a way to fix the curse (maybe go to Winterhold?) and you get subjected to Devious events on the way to being restored.

As for a trap,

Why not make it a gas or drug that changes you when you open a chest?

11 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

If it helps, I seem to recall that the quest pointer does point you to where to find the key.

Nope. Not for me.

Finding the key was easy though, once I knew I had to backtrack

But as I say, it was all too late. I'd already got the note, so the quest doesn't recognize it when you get the key, and Chloe has already magically released herself.

After porting through the dust pile, she always appears, after a while. When you first port through, she is there, but invisible! You can activate her, but she hasn't loaded her 3D or something. Then a while later she starts to render. And it is a while.

I asked her to follow me. In 7.0, this allowed me to finish the quest stage, and move on, so hopefully that will  happen.

Also, is it proven that using the old hisecgag script from 6.4 fixes the issues with slave gag in 7+ ?

I have a good selection of old DCLs, so I can drop that in, no problem, if it's actually a fix.

I had the sneaking suspicion it got removed because it was a DD 3.X compatible script that no longer worked.

9 hours ago, Malos323 said:

For an Idea of a quest

Why not make it where you hear rumors of a unknown dragon priest mask, and you go to search for it

When you equip it, it changes your gender and breaks forever.

And you go to search for a way to fix the curse (maybe go to Winterhold?) and you get subjected to Devious events on the way to being restored.

Maybe post this on the SL Hormones page?

DCL only supports females, so any gender swap would be intrinsically problematic for it. Not an ideal quest for DCL at all.

OTOH, Hormones already has gender swapping as a feature.

12 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I asked her to follow me. In 7.0, this allowed me to finish the quest stage, and move on, so hopefully that will  happen.

After getting the key and freeing her, the quest will tell you to ask her to follow you, so doing that is indeed the intended way to have her follow.

8 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

After getting the key and freeing her, the quest will tell you to ask her to follow you, so doing that is indeed the intended way to have her follow.

Yep. It finished up as usual after all the Nazeem stuff. That all went pretty smoothly apart from a couple of HDT explosions from the chains, though the SL Adventures fines nearly got me put in jail :) 

The only quirk was that even though I had the key, and went in Chloe's inventory and removed the shackles, the quest requirement for removing them never ticked off - fortunately seems to have nothing to do with completing the quest.