11 hours ago, HellRaiserPotato12 said:

Hello everybody!

I gut stuck in the first phase of the supply and demand quest, because i don't find anywhere the missing materials. I know there is the hints with underground caves,hideouts and mines, but there is a spec location or it will spawn randomly? For two days now i just dungeon crawling all over skyrim and i can't find that them thing.

Thanks for your help.

It means a big chest usually found at the end of the dungeons, but it doesn't have 100% looting chance. A little cheatery hint:

Spoiler

Next time you see a big chest, save game before opening it. Keep loading the save and checking chest until the quest item is in it.

20 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I updated from 6.4 when 7.0 came out, it was fine. However i did "clean" it a little bit in a way of: load game with 6.4, go in mcm and toggle "turn off all mod features" then save. Uninstall 6.4, load and save game (At this point it's almost like you never had DCL in the first place), install 7.x -> play.

Yup, I tried and I didn't have any problem for now

13 hours ago, Zaflis said:

It means a big chest usually found at the end of the dungeons, but it doesn't have 100% looting chance. A little cheatery hint:

Reveal hidden contents

Next time you see a big chest, save game before opening it. Keep loading the save and checking chest until the quest item is in it.

Thanks for your help! I have completed the quest finaly :)

Hello Everyone,

Recently encounterd a new bug, for me anyway, Cursed loot chests/plants/bodies etc. don't trigger events.

Took me a while before i realised i should have, statisticly have triggerd a trap already.

I double checked if all events were tagged, set base chance to 100% and spam opend a chest, and could not get a trap to trigger.

I reinstalled Cursed loot completely but still i can't get it to trigger.

The tie me up command does work.

Ive also tried the "freemee" debug command to see if maybe a quest was running in the background but that didnt help either.

If anyone has any suggestions of what i could do to remedy this i'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, Dinkel said:

Recently encounterd a new bug, for me anyway, Cursed loot chests/plants/bodies etc. don't trigger events....

Simplest check first, do you have arousal higher than the minimum limit set in MCM? It defaults to 20. Also player level limit.

Second one is if you might have some DCL's quests on.

Third make sure that mod's events are enabled in the debug tab.

19 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Simplest check first, do you have arousal higher than the minimum limit set in MCM? It defaults to 20. Also player level limit.

Second one is if you might have some DCL's quests on.

Third make sure that mod's events are enabled in the debug tab.

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Ive set arousal modifier to 0.1 for testing purposes, current arousal is 4

2. I could't find a reference to player lvl limit, currently lvl 7

3. i ran the "freemee" command wich should reset any running quests unless i'm mistaken, i have not started any DCL quests yet.

4. Mod events are enabled in the debug tab

-edit I forgot to mention that lucky charms and restraint keys do drop/ are lootable.

I have rape enabled and that hasn't happend either yet.

2 hours ago, Dinkel said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Ive set arousal modifier to 0.1 for testing purposes, current arousal is 4

That's a different setting. It should read something like "minimum arousal to trigger cursed traps", which if you set to 0 will ignore the limit altogether. It's sometimes hard to actually get 20 arousal to start with, so i'm not sure if that's a good feature to be on by default.

I have a question. I just tried the " I am a captured princess about to be sold as a slave " alternate start, which is fantastic as far as I was able to get. I managed to get to Riften and the next part of the quest is to get to the Riften safehouse. That place is nowhere to be found in Riften. Where am I supposed to go to complete that part? Walking around town looking for it took a looong time lol.

35 minutes ago, serranna said:

I have a question. I just tried the " I am a captured princess about to be sold as a slave " alternate start, which is fantastic as far as I was able to get. I managed to get to Riften and the next part of the quest is to get to the Riften safehouse. That place is nowhere to be found in Riften. Where am I supposed to go to complete that part? Walking around town looking for it took a looong time lol.

Go to the Hall of the Dead, and you will find a trap door near the back.

1 hour ago, HyperonicX said:

Go to the Hall of the Dead, and you will find a trap door near the back.

It's a little frustrating, as the PC says she knows where the safe house is, but you, as the player, do not.

I believe there is a quest arrow, but sometimes it doesn't work.

I also have a question...

Has anyone made the Devious Aradia functionality work in DCL recently?

I've had the scripts, and the assets floating about in my MO, since ... forever ... and maybe ... a long long time ago, I had it working ... but that was when I used HDT HH. Since HDT HH became obsolete, it's just been quietly gathering entropy.

So, today I decided to dust it off and try and get it going again. Just a quick tweak of the ESPs to remove HDT HH, and then fix up the meshes to put NiOverride data in them... Or so I thought.

Except, when I checked the ESP in Tes5Edit, I found some script properties that couldn't be filled - apparently pointing at DD objects that no longer exist.

It would seem it had some specific dependencies on DD3 code that no longer exists? (Or were those properties always broken?)

I haven't had it in the CK yet, but I'd probably need to install an old copy of 3.X to find out what the missing forms were.

Though DCL claims to support it, has it been tested as working any time since DCL 6.1?

Is there anyone using Devious Aradia now?

If so, did you do anything to port it to DD4.X ?

I tried some of the items, but it didn't seem to work as expected. Rogue bra + chaps only renders the chaps; if you remove the chaps, the bra renders. This is likely down to some wrong slot-flags. First I thought this might be specific to the Bodyslide "slider set" version. So I tried the vanilla UNP meshes, but got the same result. It can't be that Devious Aradia has had wrong flags on it forever, so this has to be by design? But it makes no sense to me. Why would you make the bra and chaps mutually incompatible?

Update...

Looks like the "UNP" version was made in Bodyslide and it technically UUNP (and renders rather badly mangled polygon soup). I'm guessing this was originally CBBE and somebody converted it? It looks OK in NifSkope, and then ... it isn't.

Secondly, the set is designed (and flagged) so that if you are wearing bra + chaps, you should use a completely different "full body" mesh, but the expansion ESP doesn't have an AA for this at all and doesn't use it. It doesn't reference this NIF at all, but it needs to. How could this ever work? Perhaps it uses SetModelPath to hack one of the Armor AddOns? Seems doubtful, as the "script" that comes with the Aradia expansion is just a set of properties, and none of those seem to ever have targetted the combined NIF either (e.g. there is no "missing" AA).

The bra and chaps are definitely configured with conflicting flags in the NIFs, and that makes sense because of the presence of the full-body replacement, but it doesn't make sense in terms of how the expansion is trying to use them. As all the scripts are vanilla DD, I'm guessing this could all function as a corset + belt combo, which has the ability to do the AA swap built into the DD scripts, but it would need its properties set up correctly.

Looks a lot like all the script content in this needs to be deleted and re-added, and the missing AAs made - the NIF assets all exist, and if you run bodyslide, are fine.

But wasn't this supposed to do more than just be DD items? Some arousal based behaviour that would swap between the different items? Either I've missed something, or those scripts are simply absent? Or did DCL do that bit? I see various effects that trigger off conditions and keywords, which is all very neat and efficient, but not sure how the different versions are supposed to interact. Also the different versions seem to (in some cases) refer to the wrong AA - with a mismatched version.

It doesn't feel like it's complete, or that it was left in a properly finished state? The puzzle is, if I ever had it working in the distant past, was it this version? I'm thinking it wasn't. Or maybe it never seemed to work right, so I removed it. But it was too long ago to remember now.

I'm getting the impression this is all abandonware. Or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

It's a little frustrating, as the PC says she knows where the safe house is, but you, as the player, do not.

I believe there is a quest arrow, but sometimes it doesn't work.

Yes I found it. There are actually 2 quest arrows at that point. One of them leads to the town gate. I foolishly assumed the other arrow was a second town gate and thought it was just broken at that point. It just looked too far away to slowly hobble my way to so I was just looking around some of the nearby places. The other arrow turned out to be where I had to go. Thanks for the help!

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Is there anyone using Devious Aradia now?

If so, did you do anything to port it to DD4.X ?

There's an ESP updated for 4.0 by hylysihere. That fixes quite a few of the problems you mention, according to the notes. You'll still need to attach NiOverride data to the meshes for the heels. It still has a missing enchantment on the blindfold which I assume was intended to be some kind of life or aura sensing spell, but most of the other parts have some kind of working enchantment. Nothing about arousal based item switching though, that I can see. If you're going to do some work on the mod it's still a better starting point than the original esp.

5 hours ago, RetroGray said:

There's an ESP updated for 4.0 by hylysihere. That fixes quite a few of the problems you mention, according to the notes.

Thanks for that link.

I've downloaded the ESP, will try it out.

The UUNP meshes would be fine if they were used correctly. Didn't read all of that thread to see if there was any effort to address the way they are designed to slot. It seems some other meshes were posted, but they're locked up on a private OneDrive. 

I can fix the meshes I have easily enough ... but ... the mechanics on the "devices" need to be set up support the swap from either chaps or bra equipped to the pair equipped as a single AA. 

Probably, the whole thing would be better if the bra and legs were all one outfit and you either wear it all, or you don't wear any of it. Given the intent of the set, it makes sense to me that if you put on any one piece, magically you get the rest locked onto you.

Anyway, I don't want to get bogged down in a serious effort to fix it. I'm pretty sure it is fixable with a reasonable bit of effort. I could even write some dumb little script to make it into progressive bondage via versions or whatever, but I really only started doing this as a way to procrastinate working on SLD, and I need to stop procrastinating :) 

If nobody fixes it in the near future, I might come back to it. The assets are still pretty good, even if the textures seem a bit "2014" these days.

Turns out that the bodyslide data is set up right (unlike the "UNP" data in the main distro), so if you use the new ESP, the bra functions exactly as the DD bra does render-wise (slot 56). This is fine, though the chaps taking the body slot without covering the torso is less satisfactory; at least if you wear the full set it all looks right.

@kimmy

Is there a reason the "surrender on disarm" MCM option for combat surrender was removed for the 7.0 release?  Tried to sneak up on a group of bandits (no melee weapons.  That's ok khajiit has claws).  I was discovered, but was forced to surrender before I could equip any spells.  I tried disabling "unarmed" as a rape trigger, but it doesn't seem to have any bearing on combat surrender.  only way I can fight unarmed is to disable combat surrender entirely.

*side note* 

Doesn't effect tavern brawls.  I double checked just to be sure.

I have a little problem... A cursed chest put me in a straightjacket, and I can't get out of the bloody thing now. When I try to unlock it with keys, it just gives me the "try again later" message. Does it work like an armbinder where you have to find a sharp object in a container, or do I just have to get lucky with the keys?

I have the sharp object chance at 10%, and I have opened at least 30+ containers so far, so I doubt that it works like an armbinder.

43 minutes ago, ManlyMads said:

I have a little problem... A cursed chest put me in a straightjacket, and I can't get out of the bloody thing now. When I try to unlock it with keys, it just gives me the "try again later" message. Does it work like an armbinder where you have to find a sharp object in a container, or do I just have to get lucky with the keys?

I have the sharp object chance at 10%, and I have opened at least 30+ containers so far, so I doubt that it works like an armbinder.

sharp object doesn't work with straight jackets.  You just have to get lucky.  Also it takes 2 restraint keys to unlock, not 1

Just seconding that I would also quite appreciate an option to disable combat surrender when unarmed but otherwise fine. I've been trying to slim down my load order a bit and I'm fairly sure that change is all I'd need to switch to DCLs inbuilt combat surrender function rather than something like Defeat + Captures which, while largely functional, are somewhat buggy and no longer being updated.

Similarly, could I request a "follower prevents rape" option for non-combat rape? Pretty much if I have a follower with me it'll be through the XDFF system or Devious Followers, and in either case there's a vastly increased chance of the player character being naked, restrained, aroused, or all of the above which is pretty much a guaranteed trigger. If you've picked up a badass follower for protection, and you're dealing with all of their rules and restrictions as a result, it'd be nice if they could at least stop random unarmed peasants overpowering you.

41 minutes ago, ManlyMads said:

you gotta be kidding me...

Well thanks for the help nonetheless.

I was able to struggle out of a straitjacket applied by Devious Cidhna on the first attempt.

I'm not sure if DC deliberately set it up that way, or whether it was just the default behaviour.  (And it's possible I was just very lucky).

But... my guess is that they are quite a bit easier to struggle out of than an armbinder, unless you get a special quest one.

And that makes sense to some extent. They should be easier to struggle out of, even if it's just for balance.

6 hours ago, kaldwin said:

Is there a reason the "surrender on disarm" MCM option for combat surrender was removed for the 7.0 release?  Tried to sneak up on a group of bandits (no melee weapons.  That's ok khajiit has claws).  I was discovered, but was forced to surrender before I could equip any spells.  I tried disabling "unarmed" as a rape trigger, but it doesn't seem to have any bearing on combat surrender.  only way I can fight unarmed is to disable combat surrender entirely.

This clearly has some questionable quirks now.

I got repeated surrenders, due to the random disarm feature in DCL, against archers that couldn't even path to me (in Broken Oak Cavern or whatever it's called, before I dropped the bridges).

I hoped it might be fixed in 7.2 - I guess it's still in progress.

It looks like the only fix for the case with unarmed combat is to bring the checkbox back, because I don't see any efficient way that DCL would tell the difference between "unarmed on purpose" and cases where you dropped weapons due to DCL, or another mod that makes you drop weapons (Hormones, SLD).

Probably, Defeat (without DAMOYL) is the best alternative, if you are having problems with DCL. If you use Defeat, probably best not to enable stuns against the player, as they work badly with magic attacks and produce highly inappropriate player surrenders.

22 minutes ago, RetroGray said:

Similarly, could I request a "follower prevents rape" option for non-combat rape? Pretty much if I have a follower with me it'll be through the XDFF system or Devious Followers, and in either case there's a vastly increased chance of the player character being naked, restrained, aroused, or all of the above which is pretty much a guaranteed trigger. If you've picked up a badass follower for protection, and you're dealing with all of their rules and restrictions as a result, it'd be nice if they could at least stop random unarmed peasants overpowering you.

While it's an obvious option for people not using XDFF - and is one of the reasons to use SLAdventures rapes instead of DCL right now - XDFF is another case again.

Spoiler

One of the little niggles with DCL is that sometimes it picks up followers and applies rapes to them, even when you don't have follower support enabled, and other times fails to pick up followers. At least, it used to in 6.X; it may be fixed in 7+. Sometimes it says it knows your follower, then doesn't rape them anyway - Sasha in particular - will be marked as detected in the MCM, but sometimes gets bound and raped and sometimes just sits around eating bread while the bandits take turns with you - all in the same game, possibly even minutes apart.

It would make sense for this to be handled by XDFF rule or configuration, so an XDFF master may choose to let others use you, or keep you for themselves, or force you to solicit for them. These are - technically - all rules you could implement if you wanted them.

This is all really good information, thanks very much!

It looks like Defeat is staying in my load order for now. I have it set for "Essential - On Bleedout" only, which is mostly reliable and doesn't conflict too badly with other mods. 

Follower support for mods seems like a tricky issue all round. I'd tried SLAdventures for exactly this reason but it mostly seems to ignore followers entirely. I'm assuming it just isn't playing nicely with Nether's Follower Framework. At least DCL is aware of and handles my followers. I'll probably just manually turn off (random, non-combat) rape while I have a follower. 

I'm typing follower too much...

5 hours ago, RetroGray said:

Follower support for mods seems like a tricky issue all round. I'd tried SLAdventures for exactly this reason but it mostly seems to ignore followers entirely. I'm assuming it just isn't playing nicely with Nether's Follower Framework. At least DCL is aware of and handles my followers. I'll probably just manually turn off (random, non-combat) rape while I have a follower. 

I gave Teutonic some notes on how to detect followers in all the major follower frameworks, including NFF, so I think at some point in the future SLAdv will detect followers in frameworks, but it's probably not the most desired feature right now.

Incidentally, NFF makes a big song and dance about how it's new and shiny, but its code is no better than UFO or AFT. EFF is cleaner, more efficient, and more featureful.

I went through all the frameworks in some detail so I could figure how to integrate them properly with DF. Sadly, not a single framework was designed so that cooperating mods could "legitimately" block follower dismissal. You have to patch every single one. I particularly dislike the frameworks that needlessly overwrite a file in the vanilla follower implementation. I particularly dislike this, as it creates an absolute conflict with any other mod that has the same idea, and isn't necessary.