11 hours ago, Kimy said:

That would solve the problem, but at the cost of making every single DD mod in existence re-compiling their scripts.

Yeah, well there are obvious ways around that.

But it doesn't matter, having looked at it, I see you have other problems.

Anyway, seems most of these messages would be prevented just by not running bound-girl processing while a menu is open, which is purely a DCL issue.

6 hours ago, MrEsturk said:
7 hours ago, Corsec said:

I picked CFTO over BFT because I read the 'Masterlist: Dangerous, Outdated and Superseded Mods' list which said BFT was outdated, buggy and incompatible with the unofficial patches. You can read it here-

I've used BFT for over a year and have never had any issues with it. It worked fine when I was developing S_L_U_T_S Redux, a mod that uses the carriage driver NPCs. As well as Slaverun, another mod that adds dialog/quests to the carriage drivers. BFT always worked fine and never disrupted those quests.

There is one semi-serious bug in BFT that I'm aware of: if you have are playing with gold (septims) to have weight in your game and are using the "allow travel when over encumbered" feature in BFT. Whenever you use the BFT carriage in these circumstances, the current weight of your gold will be placed on your char's Carryweight as a permanent debuff. But there are a few workarounds (don't use gold weight, don't use that feature in BFT, or simply use player.modav carryweight # every now and then) so it's not that critical (not quest breaking or stuff like that).

I could get hung up over carriage travel if it was different from fast travel in any significant way, but it isn't really.

You can just COC to a location, then hit the wait key, it achieves just about the same thing, and once you've been there once, fast travel is no different.

Unless you consider the trivial fees meaningful. Now and again, you've had a disaster, maybe they are, but usually in those kind of situations you can't use a carriage anyway, due to quest restrictions or whatever. I tend to ban bound carriage use when bound etc too. I don't even use a mod for it, just don't use them.

Now, if carriages carried a risk of interruptions and ambushes, that would make them a lot more immersive, and I'd consider them "fun", rather than the dialog menu for fast-travel that they mostly are.

There are a couple of mods that attempt to do this sort of thing, but I didn't find them too satisfactory.

Definitely space for a great new mod there.

The fast travel being enabled bug is still there in 7.2. To my understanding there's 2 ways to control fast travel in Skyrim mods:

1) Periodic events (update?) that check conditions and toggle it on or off. Obviously this adds minor stress to papyrus. Player can open map just after zoning and able to fast travel always.

2) Event when player opens map, and check at that point. Not many mods use this (some do) but it's a script-light way to implement it, and it ensures that player can't fast travel when mod doesn't want him to.

I assume DCL is currently using way 1.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

2) Event when player opens map, and check at that point. Not many mods use this (some do) but it's a script-light way to implement it, and it ensures that player can't fast travel when mod doesn't want him to.

This also fails if there is script lag.

There's a way (3) where the script detects that you have travelled, after you arrive, and sends you back again. I think some early anti-cheat efforts might have been like that, but they were never features, more easter-eggs.

Oh wait, there's a way (4)... You write a SKSE plugin to block it, and it has API calls that turn it on and off. You can probably block COC with this too.

DCL's mechanism was fine for most people, up until now, so it will probably be sorted eventually. In the meantime, just don't try to fast travel :)

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:57 AM, Lupine00 said:

I do not! Is it a lot?

But not knowing how to use it, he wouldn't know that it could help him. And letting him know that might empower him to look up a tutorial that shows him how to make the very limited use of it that he needs without too much pain?

Not if he only looks at his list of installed mods rather than at the actual plugins list.

Indeed. But why not bring up the issue of persistent changes in saves - which is a super-useful point - right away, instead of saving it for a response to me. Choosing to make the oddly-specific about killable children suggests you had some reason to believe he was running that in particular, maybe? I don't know.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there some reason you suspect he would most likely be running KC, and not one of the vampire mods you refer to later. Did he ask you about it in the past? Surely, KC would stand out like a sore thumb, while the vampire mods would be easy for anyone to overlook?

I'll take your word for it that so many mods edit children. But I've used a few mods here and there, and never once tripped DCL's alarm, unexpectedly, or otherwise. But I guess it never occurred to me to install a mod so I could kill friendly NPCs, let alone children.

It does? I can imagine somebody doing it, maybe.

Most of the problems I see people bring up with say ... DCL ... don't seem to be due to this.

In fact, if there was one problem people have with DCL, it's that they didn't run Bodyslide, and if there was a second problem, it's that something stack-dumped and broke their game, and if there's a third it would be Devious Devices doing something odd. In fact, removed a mod during a playthrough would probably be around number twenty-two in my top twenty of things that people do to break DCL, but I guess if you go looking for that issue you probably find more cases of it.

It may well be that many times, people have removed a mod and it has broken their game, and they never mentioned it because they believe removing mods is simple and harmless. I hadn't considered it that common. I guess everything is relative, in that respect. I don't see it being spoken of that much, but I guess I don't read reddit either.

Its not a Bodyslide issue.

Its not a stack dump issue.

Its not doing something odd.

DCL is literally doing exactly what its designed to do and that's shut itself down when there is a mod that introduces specific changes to child actors.

Has anyone been able to escape from Leon's collar?

It seems like the amount of combinations left just increases indefinitely.

EDIT: managed to escape after the counter reached like 10k or something...

But he didn't unlock the bondage gear I had (a chastity belt and the elbowbinder).

Hi,

I love your mod, have been using it now since... wow, I don't know, probably its beginning.  So far I don't have problem with it and I must congratulate you on a mod well maid,  kudos ?.

I was wondering if you could have Leon or Leah take over the player entirely?  What I mean by that:  Once the player is enslaved, they decide where to go, they chose the quests, they accompany the player in the dungeons to complete the quest and they go back to the city of the giver of the quest.  Once in the city, the player is lead in the inn to prostitute herself and is watched by a bouncer.  While  Leon or Leah are leaving the inn to presumably meet the giver of the quest and get the bounty on top of selling all the loot.  They come back after a few game hours with new quests (from the game,  I would say a max of 10 quest at a time should be reasonable).  They either get some sleep (the player sleep full restraint on the floor) or off they go to their new adventures.  Off course all the heavy lifting and most of the fighting would be done by the player  and she would be directed by her owner.  Also you could have a zapping collar to prevent the player from escaping or disobeying to her owner.

Just an idea like that, hope you will like it?

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Yeah, well there are obvious ways around that.

But it doesn't matter, having looked at it, I see you have other problems.

Anyway, seems most of these messages would be prevented just by not running bound-girl processing while a menu is open, which is purely a DCL issue.

I do that already, but apparently some of these messages still slip through. Probably script lag, I dunno. It actually shouldn't happen, but I guess a super-small chance for it to happen will still make it happen for some of DCL's many, many users.

8 hours ago, Snook001 said:

Hi,

I love your mod, have been using it now since... wow, I don't know, probably its beginning.  So far I don't have problem with it and I must congratulate you on a mod well maid,  kudos ?.

I was wondering if you could have Leon or Leah take over the player entirely?  What I mean by that:  Once the player is enslaved, they decide where to go, they chose the quests, they accompany the player in the dungeons to complete the quest and they go back to the city of the giver of the quest.  Once in the city, the player is lead in the inn to prostitute herself and is watched by a bouncer.  While  Leon or Leah are leaving the inn to presumably meet the giver of the quest and get the bounty on top of selling all the loot.  They come back after a few game hours with new quests (from the game,  I would say a max of 10 quest at a time should be reasonable).  They either get some sleep (the player sleep full restraint on the floor) or off they go to their new adventures.  Off course all the heavy lifting and most of the fighting would be done by the player  and she would be directed by her owner.  Also you could have a zapping collar to prevent the player from escaping or disobeying to her owner.

Just an idea like that, hope you will like it?

I wish somebody could do that. You can roleplay something like that using Devious Followers, where you RP that you are just following orders while always wearing a collar and cuffs. You can set it so that she will demand most of your gold or even control it. Throw in SLUTS and rp your Mistress ordering you to haul freight while she acts as bodyguard....

5 hours ago, bubba999 said:

I wish somebody could do that. You can roleplay something like that using Devious Followers, where you RP that you are just following orders while always wearing a collar and cuffs. You can set it so that she will demand most of your gold or even control it. Throw in SLUTS and rp your Mistress ordering you to haul freight while she acts as bodyguard....

Yeah, I have that mod too, but it don't do it just wright.  Role play is fun but there is soooo... many quest we don't know about.  One of the point would be that the mod would enslave the player and make her do all the quest.  Leon or Leah would bring the player to various location and get a quest.  Then she would direct the player to do the quest and receive the prize.  Of course, no repeatable quest like the Dark brother hood one or others.  I know I haven't done them all.  But a master or mistress forcing the player to do all the quest would be awesome.  We only need a program that will read the quest and select them at random and never select those done.  Make belief will only make you do the same quest, occasionally finding a new one and missing a lot of them.  Well, I could be wrong, would not be the first time.. or the last ?.

Has anyone done all the quest? I mean all of them, even the hidden one?  How many there is?  I'm talking about a mod that would enslave the player and make her do all of them ?

14 hours ago, Kimy said:

I do that already, but apparently some of these messages still slip through. Probably script lag, I dunno. It actually shouldn't happen, but I guess a super-small chance for it to happen will still make it happen for some of DCL's many, many users.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they seem to pop up when the player has just looted something. It might be one of those Skyrim things that is tricky to fix, or maybe there is a directly attributable cause. This has to be due to a script that blocks on a locked object, or a wait that "coincidentally" gets released due to the menu being opened, or some similar behaviour that "lines up" the timing to make the problem highly likely.

It simply can't be chance that an event that occurs quite rarely, repeatedly gets lined up with such precise timing that it manages to fire in the narrow window of time that would mean the menu is closed when DCL decides to process the bound girl, but it's open when DD runs the equip events. It can't simply be down to chance, unless bound girls are processed a lot more than you'd expect.

I've heard a lot of speculation about how sexlab can cause scripts to get suspended so that they don't unblock until you change cell or do something else that seems to magically release them all at once. Perhaps this is a similar kind of issue?

13 hours ago, bubba999 said:

I hear there's a mod that does this on a grand scale... Where the PC is enslaved, trained as a slave, and sent to perform numerous tasks for her master, often with guards or minders to ensure she behaves, a mod where bondage can be pervasive, and almost everyone in the game treats the PC as a slave.

No. Not SD+ ... You weren't thinking of that were you? Well, you could be forgiven for the mistake.

No. I don't mean Shout Like a Virgin. Even if it does have "your Mistress ordering you to haul freight while she acts as bodyguard" exactly as the poster suggests.

Yep, it's Slaverun of course!

But seriously, it would be great if there were even more mods that did pervasive slavery like that, but it's a big ask for Kimy. And yet... I don't suppose she created XDFF without intending to make further use of it. So I think there will be more enslavement fun in the pipeline. We just have to be patient.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

But seriously, it would be great if there were even more mods that did pervasive slavery like that, but it's a big ask for Kimy. And yet... I don't suppose she created XDFF without intending to make further use of it. So I think there will be more enslavement fun in the pipeline. We just have to be patient.

I agree for some part. It's just that at least i enjoy sub-dom roleplay more than slavery that's trying to be realistic with all its ugly quirks. Actual slavery is not sexy, enjoyable, fun or anything of sort. That is why i only tried Slaverun once. There is room for more mods to fill the consensual bondage part.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I hear there's a mod that does this on a grand scale... Where the PC is enslaved, trained as a slave, and sent to perform numerous tasks for her master, often with guards or minders to ensure she behaves, a mod where bondage can be pervasive, and almost everyone in the game treats the PC as a slave.

No. Not SD+ ... You weren't thinking of that were you? Well, you could be forgiven for the mistake.

No. I don't mean Shout Like a Virgin. Even if it does have "your Mistress ordering you to haul freight while she acts as bodyguard" exactly as the poster suggests.

Patience, ack!

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

I agree for some part. It's just that at least i enjoy sub-dom roleplay more than slavery that's trying to be realistic with all its ugly quirks. Actual slavery is not sexy, enjoyable, fun or anything of sort. That is why i only tried Slaverun once. There is room for more mods to fill the consensual bondage part.

I don't imagine for a second that Kimy intends to create anything as gratuitous as Slaverun.

Past work is probably a good indicator of the future.

It will revolve around Leon/Leah/Sasha/The Dollmaker/Chloe, there won't be any creatures, few to non-existent whippings, no brandings, tattooings, or anything too creepy, and the feel will be "reluctant" but mostly consensual.

Chances are you'll wear a lot of bondage items and probably there will be least some walking very slowly.

Or I may be wrong. Either way, I'm still anticipating it with eagerness.

1 hour ago, hh82 said:

Has anyone else encountered a problem installing DCL with NMM? Trying to install 7.2.7 and about 40% of the way through 'unpacking' NMM stops with a status message of 'this mod was not activated.'

I've never had this problem before.

Appear to have sorted the problem...

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It will revolve around Leon/Leah/Sasha/The Dollmaker/Chloe, there won't be any creatures, few to non-existent whippings, no brandings, tattooings, or anything too creepy, and the feel will be "reluctant" but mostly consensual.

I think this describes the type of content you can expect from pretty nicely.

There is also this line in the DCL ReadMe (I know, I know...who reads anything labelled ReadMe!) that should give people some hints about what I will make and what not:

"What I am definitely NOT looking for is suggestions involving bestiality, watersports, scat, futa, and extreme punishment/dismememberment. Please don't be offended if that's your kind of thing, but personally I find all of that stuff repulsive and don't want to have to look at it, let alone create it."

I guess it's safe to say that whatever I will make, it's really unlikely to look and feel like Slaverun. :D