3 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

You know how often I have had a person tell me that they had only the min and then later say hey I didn't think of that?

I do not! Is it a lot?

If they knew how to use TES5edit they wouldn't be asking for help to find which mod in their load order was the issue they would have found it already.

If its DCL that is corrupted they could simply redownload and reinstall a fresh copy to fix that.

But not knowing how to use it, he wouldn't know that it could help him. And letting him know that might empower him to look up a tutorial that shows him how to make the very limited use of it that he needs without too much pain?

Anyway, since we know that the base line mods wont change the child actors it stands to reason that the real and more likely issue is that there is a mod in the load order that is interfering with DCL and as you said it could be that there are "left overs" however since the left overs will still appear in the Load Order the poster would know that they were there.

Not if he only looks at his list of installed mods rather than at the actual plugins list.

He could have had Killable children installed....Been playing with it for a while.   Since all the child actors are now spawned in the game without the child tag than basically after the removal of the mod guess what....  They don't have the tag anymore and thus DCL wont work.

Indeed. But why not bring up the issue of persistent changes in saves - which is a super-useful point - right away, instead of saving it for a response to me. Choosing to make the oddly-specific about killable children suggests you had some reason to believe he was running that in particular, maybe? I don't know.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there some reason you suspect he would most likely be running KC, and not one of the vampire mods you refer to later. Did he ask you about it in the past? Surely, KC would stand out like a sore thumb, while the vampire mods would be easy for anyone to overlook?

Speaking of which often when people report this as an issue they assume that since the list of offending mods doesn't include the mod causing the issue that of course there shouldn't be a problem.  The issue is of course that there are likely a whole lot of mods that don't keep child tags when said authors make changes.

I'll take your word for it that so many mods edit children. But I've used a few mods here and there, and never once tripped DCL's alarm, unexpectedly, or otherwise. But I guess it never occurred to me to install a mod so I could kill friendly NPCs, let alone children.

Do you know how often people remove a mod from their load order to "make" their load out compatible only to find that there are indeed lingering effects from mods that are no longer present in the LO?

Happens all the time.

It does? I can imagine somebody doing it, maybe.

Most of the problems I see people bring up with say ... DCL ... don't seem to be due to this.

In fact, if there was one problem people have with DCL, it's that they didn't run Bodyslide, and if there was a second problem, it's that something stack-dumped and broke their game, and if there's a third it would be Devious Devices doing something odd. In fact, removed a mod during a playthrough would probably be around number twenty-two in my top twenty of things that people do to break DCL, but I guess if you go looking for that issue you probably find more cases of it.

It may well be that many times, people have removed a mod and it has broken their game, and they never mentioned it because they believe removing mods is simple and harmless. I hadn't considered it that common. I guess everything is relative, in that respect. I don't see it being spoken of that much, but I guess I don't read reddit either.

11 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Rarely, using it once was enough. Mostly I found using it, changing cell, the using it again seemed to work. Possibly on one occasion I had to do it three times.

It might be something different for you, but it's easy to try.

I tried and everything works perfectly! I think it was in conflict with the quest "Chloe", worries solved: D

1 hour ago, DavidWillers said:

For some reason the "sex attacks" feature does not work as it should. My character gets pushed too the ground, but then nothing happens... they just look at my character and then move away.

It's most likely due to SexLab failing to play the animations. Check they are installed, enabled, and registered. Try playing them with a matchmaker tool or Zaz to check they work.

1 hour ago, DavidWillers said:

For some reason the "sex attacks" feature does not work as it should. My character gets pushed too the ground, but then nothing happens... they just look at my character and then move away.

I've also asked up thread if @Kimy can give us an explanation as to how animation firing works, given that it seems to start off with the DD library, and then default to others installed in SexLab.  It's how that fall back to SL is sequenced that I'm uncertain about.  I also have anims registerd in SL that I expected that DCL would 'fall back to', which I haven't been able to get to kick in, or even see available mid event using SL's anim options function key

It may be that I've been a klutz in how I configured the MCM, but it would be good to know, especially as others seem to find similar issues

:-)

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

It's most likely due to SexLab failing to play the animations. Check they are installed, enabled, and registered. Try playing them with a matchmaker tool or Zaz to check they work.

well, my animations seem to work. It is just for cursed loot, "defeat" for example works fine. Do you have any other ideas?

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

I've also asked up thread if @Kimy can give us an explanation as to how animation firing works, given that it seems to start off with the DD library, and then default to others installed in SexLab.  It's how that fall back to SL is sequenced that I'm uncertain about.  I also have anims registerd in SL that I expected that DCL would 'fall back to', which I haven't been able to get to kick in, or even see available mid event using SL's anim options function key

It may be that I've been a klutz in how I configured the MCM, but it would be good to know, especially as others seem to find similar issues

?

so you have a similar problem? could it have something to do with the loadorder?

7 hours ago, donkeywho said:

@Lupine00

Same here 

Does your character wear DDs? Check animation filters in Zaz, DD and SL. Try to deactivate some. Especially the yoke and armbinder filters can block almost all animations. Defeat isn't as picky about DDs restrictions or animation filters in  general (a bit outdated).

Another guess would be stackdump. Do you use SD?

1 hour ago, hexenhaus said:

Does your character wear DDs?

Using DDi 4.1 and with ZAP 8+ also installed in, let's call it, Game 1.  DDs work fine.  zbf devices work fine in PAHE, HSH, AYGAS, and also on player, as they did since forever

Using DDi 4.2 and with ZAP 8+ also installed in, say Game 2. 

Check animation filters in Zaz, DD and SL. Try to deactivate some.

Especially the yoke and armbinder filters can block almost all animations.

In Game 1, using Defeat to handle combat defeat with DCL 6.4 Combat Rape switched off, as Hardcore Outcomes were unreliable

In Game 2, which has fall back uncertainties, No Defeat, just DCL 7.1 with Hardcore Outcome options active

Defeat isn't as picky about DDs restrictions or animation filters in  general (a bit outdated).

In Game 1, Defeat handles the business pretty well just fine, with either type of restraint, and range of valid options apear using the SL Anim Option key

In Game 2, never got as far as restraints being applied.  Attacked and beaten by a bunch of Reiklings within 200 yds of the Helgen cave exit.  As I wrote above, Combat loss under DCL generated no rape scenario - which is the whole basis for the query as there are registered in SL, via SLAL, what should be valid anims - and the game went straight to 'enemies beat you unconscious', blackout, and then a straight t/f to Simple Slavery, and then trussed up fully in S.L.U.T.S.  

Another guess would be stackdump. Do you use SD?

Yep; 

But only in game 1 and the logs seem to show that as behaving OK. 

Not in Game 2

So, thanks for the tips, but I still would like to know how anim selection is done in DCL 

:P

10 hours ago, DavidWillers said:

well, my animations seem to work. It is just for cursed loot, "defeat" for example works fine. Do you have any other ideas?

The only idea I have is that the problem is specific to particular animations. DCL plays a defined set of bound animations, and you may not see these in non-bound situations.

When the animation goes to play it should put spam in the console window. Open your console after the failure, and see if it did. There may be clues there as to why it failed.

You should at least be able to identify the specific animation and test it outside of DCL.

Also, the old adage, "check your FNIS"

But if the exact same animations that DCL tries to play work elsewhere, then your DCL sexlab integration has broken. Sometimes properties seem to get corrupted in quest scripts and that can include important things like references to other mods. To test if this is a problem, make a completely new game and test there.

4 hours ago, donkeywho said:

As I said, Defeat does not respect filter restrictions like newer mods do. For example it will play animations, even if wearing full DD gear.

Is your scene triggered by non-human enemies? If I remember correctly DCL does not support creature sex and even if you allow it, it does not work well. That is by the way the whole point, why I have Defeat around at the cost of being raped even with DDs preventing abuse.

So if you want creature sex, use another Defeat mod. If you try that with DCL combat surrender, getting blackout and teleport is being expected, as there are not many DD compatible creature anims and if you have any filter available...

I have had DCL combat defeat work OK with creatures though. There's not much variety, but it works most of the time.

Defeat is not able to support anything like the full range of creature animations that exist now. It makes some assumptions about what races to allow that probably made sense at the time.

15 hours ago, DavidWillers said:

My best 2 guesses are that you either have overrides in both ZAP and DD activated, or that you had a stack dump at any point and that killed Cursed Loots library of allowed animations. 

The first one is easy to check and to fix, for the second you'll need to start a new game.

5 hours ago, hexenhaus said:

As I said, Defeat does not respect filter restrictions like newer mods do. For example it will play animations, even if wearing full DD gear.

Is your scene triggered by non-human enemies? If I remember correctly DCL does not support creature sex and even if you allow it, it does not work well. That is by the way the whole point, why I have Defeat around at the cost of being raped even with DDs preventing abuse.

So if you want creature sex, use another Defeat mod. If you try that with DCL combat surrender, getting blackout and teleport is being expected, as there are not many DD compatible creature anims and if you have any filter available...

Which goes back to what I directly asked @Kimy about in the very first place

Thanks for the ideas, but before we go round the circle again, let's see whay she says?

?

Does any1 use DCUR and Devious Followers together?

I am interested if someone could list the differences between these two, regarding their dominant follower. I know DCLs is highly configuarable, but I am not sure about their features.

I do like the way DF handles the additional stuff besides the DDs with the debts (like the "when i touch your shoulder you will tell the next person that you are a slut"), but it is rather clunky when it comes to handling and compatibility, like

• interfering dialouge
  • follower not leaving but also not registering with EFF
  • the need to use debug talk to re-enable the DF
  • follower unkillable

Now I  wonder if DCURs XDFF/Dominant Follower - if set up right - can  replace DF.

So basically it is favor VS debt in terms of freedoms, but what additional features does DCL bring?

41 minutes ago, Logarek said:

Doing Chloe's quest, why is the premium line catsuit invisible for me? I'm looking like rayman over here.

I initially thought it might have been because I had DD expansion v4.1 instead of v4.2, but updating that didn't help.

ScreenShot2.bmp

Ah, fixed. Forgot that I had to run the batch build in Bodyslide.

9 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

My best 2 guesses are that you either have overrides in both ZAP and DD activated, or that you had a stack dump at any point and that killed Cursed Loots library of allowed animations. 

The first one is easy to check and to fix, for the second you'll need to start a new game.

Ehm, how do I check and fix the first one?

On 11/24/2018 at 7:20 AM, donkeywho said:

?

There is no fallback going on. There are two codepaths. One is used if no actor is bound, in which case DD passes on the request to SexLab and picks animations from whatever packs you have installed. If an actor is wearing chastity or gags, or other items partially restricting sex, it makes sure that only proper tags are used (e.g no vaginal scenes for an actor locked in a chastity belt).

If one or both actors are wearing wrist restraints, DD picks from its internal animation pool and NOT from SexLab's registry. In some situations when there are no valid animations available (such as if mod requests a SexLab scene for a bound actor involving a creature), DD cancels the animation entirely.