Did you do a clean save update? If you uninstall DCL and clean the save, does the problem go away?

Not that either of those a good solutions...but personally I will still play the quest if I can fix my save in any way after it's done. Not if it's going to eat my savefile, though.

I didn't clean save, both because Kimy indicated it shouldn't be necessary, but also because my character was on the Bondage Adventure quest, so it seemed like uninstalling the mod at that point could be very bad for my save.

I did try two additional things, neither of which helped: I tried using the safe word before completing the quest, thinking maybe the quest was breaking it by not being able to remove all devices... the command even wasn't quite able to remove all devices on the first go, as it left the corset on my char, but also it didn't fix the 'hands behind back thing'. The second thing I tried was using the 'disable all features' option, which sounds like it might be the same as uninstalling, or at least something I'd do before uninstalling.

Anyways, I guess the save isn't so far along that I'm totally beat up over losing it. I might disable the Bondage Adventure quest in the future though, if only because it puts so many devices on that removing them all in my script-heavy game is just too much.

Edit: Something else I found... I assume this mod is responsible for my girl doing the 'cover up' animation when naked? I tried making a new character, and when I stripped her prison tunic off, she did that animation. On a hunch, I went into combat mode and started swinging a few times, until the cover-up animation took over and made her go out of combat mode, just like the armbinder animation was doing before. Possibly related?

Same happened to me....in 4.7 then i disabled it

Probable bug with 4.8

I am in a dungeon (Barbas quest). I open a chest, i get an explosion. So i wait to see what was equipped this time... Instead, i get the sex attack. 3 vampires appear, use my toon and disappear. No device worn...

That's normal behavior if you have the flash-bang option set, I think.

Kimi i really like your mod but  i might say that the children disable script is really being problematic to lot of people.

Now i get the error as soon as i start the mod

I guess your intentions are good but it causes more harms than good where there are already Sexlab main mod doing that part and i didn t really understand what are you trying to prevent. (so i might be clueless on a bigger scheme) 

I'll stick to 4.6 hoping you will find the bug or think about a better solution (for example disabling PART of the mod....but as you decided to use dialogues it would just ruin most of the mod experience :( ).

I just have:

RACES main file (RCOTS) 1.9a (don't know if its required for friendly children in cities otherwyse i could uninstall it) 

FriendChildren 1.9 (RCOTS)

Armorrpack (RCOTS)

Eyespack (RCOTS)

HairsPack (RCOTS)

Also it happened in RIFTEN (afaik there are no children in riften)

And nothing else.

Deadly Wenches is the only faction changing mod i run....(and has nothing to do with childs).

This is load order and papyrus

Papyrus will have many errors at the beginning since i have to load a game in a small cell before being able to load a game in big cities (dunno why, Always been like that).

So the last part of it should be reasonably clean i hope.

I also cleaned the game

It used to work with Lydia in 4.7

Details:

Location RIFTEN

Gamename dcurChild2 (since i was trying to track the error)

Character: VANILLA imperial female

Follower: Lydia

Papyrus.0.log

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2015-05-18T16-25-32.txt

Edit: Something else I found... I assume this mod is responsible for my girl doing the 'cover up' animation when naked? I tried making a new character, and when I stripped her prison tunic off, she did that animation. On a hunch, I went into combat mode and started swinging a few times, until the cover-up animation took over and made her go out of combat mode, just like the armbinder animation was doing before. Possibly related?

"More Devious Quests" by Versh and this mod both have that cover up animation, both can be disabled. Versh's by deactivating the "shame effect" in the Devious Comments menu, this one by deactivating the "cover up" option in the new miscellaneous options menu. I think that's where it is, anyway.

Maybe if you deactivate both the problem will go away

I don't have the More Devious Quests mod, and totally missed the option to disable cover-up in this one. Good info, I will poke through the options more thoroughly tonight to see if that fixes it. Thanks!

The only two mods that should trigger the "children lockout" are Non-essential children and RCOTS. If you get this dialogue and have neither of these mods installed, something went wrong. :D

Thank you. I do have the flash-bang option, but i imagined that you also get devices. You know, with all the doors, plants and mines, i couldn't believe that there is something that doesn't put devices on you..  :P   Thanks!

Thank you. I do have the flash-bang option, but i imagined that you also get devices. You know, with all the doors, plants and mines, i couldn't believe that there is something that doesn't put devices on you..  :P   Thanks!

Wait, what? Did you really think I'd pass on an opportunity to tie up your character? :P

The chance to get locked in restraints during a sex attack is determined by the "Tie up on rape" MCM option.

Hi i think i found the problem with child message appearing for no reason.

By Enabling RCOTS-RACES.ESM the mod triggers the child error even if you use a normal vanilla RACE.

Afaik is required for any RCOT aesthetic change like even only child in the cities.

I lost hours trying to clean saves enabling and disabling mods until i found it.

Having even only that alone (without friendly children one to change NPCs) is enough to trigger the error.

hope it will be useful... if not sorry :(

But the big question is:

Kimi how can you overhaul NPC appearance in the cities without the MAIN file?

Is there any other child NPC overhaul to avoid having those low resolution abominations wandering around?

If i am right i would write the mod is not compatible with RCOTS.

By Enabling RCOTS-RACES.ESM the mod triggers the child error even if you use a normal vanilla RACE.

Afaik is required for any RCOT aesthetic change like even only child in the cities.

I lost hours trying to clean saves enabling and disabling mods until i found it.

Having even only that alone (without friendly children one to change NPCs) is enough to trigger the error.

But the big question is:

Is there any other child NPC overhaul to avoid having those low resolution abominations wandering around?

I use this one: RS Children Overhaul

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55555/?

I really like it since the children no longer look like little clones of each other.

But the big question is:

I really like it since the children no longer look like little clones of each other.

That one definitely works. I am using it myself. :D

But the big question is:

That one definitely works. I am using it myself. :D

I see but i warn you that asking people using RCOTS to remove it will cause LOT of problems.

Because they not only will lose gamesaves but also ECE presets and maybe even racemenu even of vanilla races.

Cursed Loot doesn't break either NEC or RCOTS. But Cursed Loot is an ADULT mod, and it should be fairly obvious that it's not meant to be played with a child race or underage followers (and that's basically what RCOTS does).

Actually i used rcots because was the only mod i knew that changed children appearance....

Having a race doesn t mean using it :(

And Seems Dcur checks only if the mod is installed not if is being used.

By the way i'll try the other one.... i just strongly suggest to put RCOTS amongst the incompatibilities... because if you are looking for an NPC children aesthetic overhaul mod the first that comes when you Google it is RCOTS.

Kimi i really like your mod but  i might say that the children disable script is really being problematic to lot of people.

Now i get the error as soon as i start the mod

I guess your intentions are good but it causes more harms than good where there are already Sexlab main mod doing that part and i didn t really understand what are you trying to prevent. (so i might be clueless on a bigger scheme) 

I'll stick to 4.6 hoping you will find the bug or think about a better solution (for example disabling PART of the mod....but as you decided to use dialogues it would just ruin most of the mod experience :( ).

I just have:

RACES main file (RCOTS) 1.9a (don't know if its required for friendly children in cities otherwyse i could uninstall it) 

FriendChildren 1.9 (RCOTS)

Armorrpack (RCOTS)

Eyespack (RCOTS)

HairsPack (RCOTS)

I have the same ones installed and all the children look awesome. It was the first time I ever felt like helping those kids by adopting them, now that they didn't look like ass-ugly Yoda clones... I did not install the optional .esp to make the children non-essential, I also don't use any mods to make them followers. They are basically the same children as in vanilla, they just look WAY better, like kids. They are not abused in any way in the playthrough, so I really don't understand why RCOTS is on the ban.

I would understand if the Hostile NPC RCOTS would be on ban, but as I wrote above that is definitely not the case in my game.

Well if it can makes you feel better.. i think the other linked is exactly the same mod ... just packed differently but for some reason it doesn't do anything in my skyrim  :(

WOuldn t be possible just to look for wich race is being used?

So having the mod installed for legit purposes doensn t break the game?

The MOD you are using is like changing from ultra to vanilla skyrim :(

Its just the basic pack without all the armors/hairs/faces is hardly better than vanilla childrens :(

Kimi please >.<

i mean:

look for yourself:

55555-2-1404760573.jpg

VS

253802RCOTSNPCcloth.jpg

And the pic about RCOTS isn t even as varied as it really is....

And ironically the least difference is only installing the playable race tha obviously i don t want to.

I use xvision children. it an less demanding overhaul that i installed along with some other mods a while back. haven't noticed anything unusual thus far. should i be concerned and change to RS?

If you don't get the message on startup (and you shouldn't), it's fine.

What does the frostfall patch do again? I haven't been able to find any sort of description anywhere.

If you use frostfall it makes it less brutal for when you get hit by a collar or something that makes you unable to wear clothes which normally will get you killed by cold pretty quick.

About all this children stuff, I honestly didnt expect this many people having problems with it, I never even considered using child overhauls but after watching the brodual video I can see why some would, the kids do look a lot better. So... is there any problems with RS Children or the Skyrim Children overhaul?

The Bondage Adventure Rape does nothing for me.
I can see the rape dialog but SexLab failed with an error:

[05/18/2015 - 07:17:30PM] [DCUR] Periodical update starts
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:31PM] [DCUR] Sex attacks are out of cooldown. Checking conditions!
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:43PM] xpoCrimeScanner: (Scanning) OnUpdate
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] [DCUR] Calling SL Animation with number of actors: 2
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] [DCUR] Calling SL Animation with tag string: Cuddling,Boobjob,Footjob,DomSub,SubSub,Anal,Vaginal,Oral,
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] [DCUR] Calling SL Animation with suppress string: Pillory,Fisting,
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] [DCUR] Calling SL Animation with require all set to: False
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: Found Animations(49): Missionary, Rough Missionary, Arrok Missionary, Arrok Leg Up Fuck, Zyn Missionary, AP Bed Missionary, AP Holding Leg Up, AP Leg Up Fuck, Doggy Style, Rough Behind, Rough Doggy Style, Arrok DoggyStyle, Arrok Rape, Zyn DoggyStyle, DI Doggystyle, AP DoggyStyle, Reverse Cowgirl, Arrok Cowgirl, Arrok Reverse Cowgirl, AP Cowgirl, Sideways Fuck, Arrok Sideways Fuck, AP Shoulder, Hugging Fuck, Standing Fuck, Arrok HugFuck, Arrok Standing Fuck, AP Standing, Zyn Rough Standing, Arrok Anal, AP Anal, AP Face Down Anal, Arrok Blowjob, Arrok 69, DI Blowjob, AP Blowjob, AP Kneeling Blowjob, AP Standing Blowjob, AP Skull Fuck, Boobjob, Arrok Boobjob, AP Boobjob, Arrok Foreplay, Arrok Sitting Foreplay, Bleagh FootJob, Tribadism, Arrok Lesbian, Zyn Lesbian, Zyn Licking,
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] [DCUR] Calling SL Scene with animation array length: 49
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Thread[0]: Entering Making State
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] SEXLAB - [sslActorAlias ]: Slotted 'Dia'
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] FATAL: AddActor(Dia) -- Failed to add actor -- They have been already added to this thread
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:44PM] SEXLAB - [sslActorAlias ]: 'Dia' / '[Actor < (00000014)>]' present during alias clear! This is usually harmless as the alias and actor will correct itself, but is usually a sign that a thread did not close cleanly.
[05/18/2015 - 07:17:45PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: StartSex() - Failed to add some actors to thread

Maybe this is the problem?
dcur_bondageadventure_rape.psc:

Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE
    dclibs.sexwithplayer(libs.playerref, consensual = true, stages = 1, randomanim = true, nostrip = true)