@Kimy

Just a question on how key drops relate to DDftM. If a key is generated by both mods on a dead body do you get two keys or does one mod overwrite the other (so only getting one key)?

They work in different ways, FTM adds a key to the container via leveled lists, CL scans for "close container" events and adds a key on that event. So you'd get two keys i belive.

Or such is my understanding of it at any rate.

@Kimy

Just a question on how key drops relate to DDftM. If a key is generated by both mods on a dead body do you get two keys or does one mod overwrite the other (so only getting one key)?

You'd get two keys. DCL is unaware of anything FtM does and vice versa. If you use both FtM and DCL key drops, split the key drop rate between both mods as desired. If you want to use only one mechanism, set either FtM or DCL key drop rate to 0.

Sorry got another question.

I understand how the arousal weight works but I'm not quite sure how the arousal modifier works.

For example assuming a base chance of 5%, arousal weight set to 0.5 and arousal at 20% would give (0.5*5=2.5)+(0.5*20=10) = 12.5%

Assuming the Arousal Modifier is 0.5 does this in effect then come to (0.5*5=2.5) + (0.5*(0.5*20)=5) = 7.5% chance of spawning a DD device?

Sorry got another question.

I understand how the arousal weight works but I'm not quite sure how the arousal modifier works.

For example assuming a base chance of 5%, arousal weight set to 0.5 and arousal at 20% would give (0.5*5=2.5)+(0.5*20=10) = 12.5%

Assuming the Arousal Modifier is 0.5 does this in effect then come to (0.5*5=2.5) + (0.5*(0.5*20)=5) = 7.5% chance of spawning a DD device?

Took me a sec to figure out what you were saying, but yes. The modifier is just another multiplier for the arousal number. It's useful, for example, if you want equal weight between the base chance(s) and the arousal, but only want say 20% of your arousal to matter (.5 weight * .4 modifier = .2 = 20%). That's how I have mine set up, at least.

I'd probably prefer just to have a modifier for each from 0 to 1 for ease of understanding, but that's how it works currently. I just set the weights to half and double the minimum/base chances that I want and double the arousal modifier I want to use.

@EnrageRabisu

Many thanks for confirming that, I wanted to check I was understanding how the calculation worked. I set up a basic spreadsheet to see how the outcomes change by altering the different factors and it's a very versatile system that Kimy has set up.

Oh my!  Oh my!  Oh my!

I recently found the "Devious Devices" mods and installed them this week.  I just started playing with this mod onboard and have already found out how much more fun Skyrim can be!  I took your advice and added "Deviously Helpless" too.

So, to enjoy the game, I decided to play a helpless heroine this time around.  (There's nothing like seeing a pretty damsel in distress, is there?)   I hadn't even gotten into Bleak Falls Barrow when I got slapped into a full set of devices at the top of the bandit's tower!  Imagine my feeling of terror, being blind and bound, tottering at the top of that tower while I struggle to escape the armbinder!  It's just too bad that I had killed the bandits before they could ravage me!

I'm slowly working my way into the Barrow, getting trapped by nearly every chest and a few corpses.  There is a delicious anxeity at every opportunity to loot: will I, or won't I betray myself?   And when I do, I get to watch my avatar struggling so enticingly. Also, ahead looms the exciting prospect of my involuntary usage by vile deviants at any time while I'm in my helpless state.

This mod is a great climax of the whole SexLab/Devious Devices series.  It brings back the initial thrill of Skyrim.  The anticipation of an unexpected event, the charge of excitement at the thought of helpless bondage, the thrill of its danger, and the quick, teasing tingle provided by the descriptions and animations, they all keep the mind immersed in the game.

Kimy, you certainly have a delightfully delicious devious mind, and I pronounce you "The Doyenne of Deviance!"

I have a feature request...

For compatibility with frostfall etc it's necessary to turn off the strip when applying restraints option. It would be neat if instead we could register a specific outfit to change into, since with armbinders it's more or less impossible to re-equip yourself after.

Can I request a minor tweak for next upgrade. When devices are fitted and the strip animation plays sometimes if the pc was in sneak mode they return to sneak (seems random sometimes they will stand instead). Can this be set so that sneak is always turned off (this allows the full cloak effect from DH to kick in then not just LOS).

This would fit with the process as the pc's mind would be on rather different things than sneaking :)

I have a feature request...

For compatibility with frostfall etc it's necessary to turn off the strip when applying restraints option. It would be neat if instead we could register a specific outfit to change into, since with armbinders it's more or less impossible to re-equip yourself after.

This feature exists already. You can turn off the strip in MCM. You might want to disable the harnesses though, as they block armour.

Can I request a minor tweak for next upgrade. When devices are fitted and the strip animation plays sometimes if the pc was in sneak mode they return to sneak (seems random sometimes they will stand instead). Can this be set so that sneak is always turned off (this allows the full cloak effect from DH to kick in then not just LOS).

This would fit with the process as the pc's mind would be on rather different things than sneaking :)

I had no idea it does that. I rarely ever sneak. Let me check this out. :)

I have added support for the new Red/White sets in my development build already. The piercings I am currently weighing whether or not to put in. I have to admit that the nipple piercing being mutually exclusive with the chastity bra (they are using the same armour slot) sort of killed my interest in them. Gameplay-wisely that makes it just a aesthetically different kind of bra, so...

I have added support for the new Red/White sets in my development build already. The piercings I am currently weighing whether or not to put in. I have to admit that the nipple piercing being mutually exclusive with the chastity bra (they are using the same armour slot) sort of killed my interest in them. Gameplay-wisely that makes it just a aesthetically different kind of bra, so...

Still love the mod Kimy, though admitted I've found it very hard to play at all recently.

Still love the mod Kimy, though admitted I've found it very hard to play at all recently.

Recently? What did I change that made it harder? oO

Note quite. Bra's don't vibrate ;)

Note quite. Bra's don't vibrate ;)

Which will be all the Neater, once I get around to refactoring that vibration function...

Is it simple to add collars/cuffs to the options list or include them with the bra/belts options as togglable?

Want to use this in conjunction with working for CD Shop, Master will remove gags and blindfolds for a price but won't give any jobs if you have cuffs/collars that aren't hers and won't remove them and the basement orcs will only do so a limited number of times.

Loving the extra tension this mod and DHelpless add to Draugr dungeons, DDFor The Masses keys on 1% drop and 1% real...

You can also add keys to appear randomly in looted bodies and all containers...So with key destruction on, I have never really run into a problem with the Master over at the CD shop.

Plus you can always wait till the 1st, 10th, and 20th cause at the end of the demonstration for Tavish you can ask your Master to remove all items via 3rd dialogue option, for free...She does this for good little slaves that are not hers yet.

I have had to do that a few times.

You mean Master will remove any restraints/chastity items for free every 10 days? Can't wait to have a try.

Yes, it's a nice exploi....errrm....welcome side-effect. ;)

One that I intend to correct at some point, not that it would be hard with some of the scripts I have built recently,

You mean Master will remove any restraints/chastity items for free every 10 days? Can't wait to have a try.

One that I intend to correct at some point, not that it would be hard with some of the scripts I have built recently,

Let me guess, she will go "Did you really try to cheat me into removing items you were already wearing when you came in, slave?" and lock you into a cage for 3-5 weeks? :P

Werewolves don't equip items properly when they change back, they need reequipped manually when you do. If you want to block adding items to the player while a werewolf do a check on their race, werewolves are a separate race that the player/npc is changed to while in beast form (same for Vampire Lords).

Werewolves don't equip items properly when they change back, they need reequipped manually when you do. If you want to block adding items to the player while a werewolf do a check on their race, werewolves are a separate race that the player/npc is changed to while in beast form (same for Vampire Lords).

Awesome, will do it that way. Thanks for the hint - I have still no clue about how werewolf/vampire mechanics work. :)

Let me guess, she will go "Did you really try to cheat me into removing items you were already wearing when you came in, slave?" and lock you into a cage for 3-5 weeks? :P

I have a lot more cages to put you in with the expansion, some intended for the player. For that long though I would probably just put you to work in the mine.