if and when you have the time, i'd like to draw attention to a particular issue I noticed, namely the interaction between the debug messages setting and keys being toggled off for certain targets (corpses/containers.)

specifics...

script: dcur_onactivatecontainer, version 1.3 line 1384: libs.notify("Keys cannot drop from this type of container.")

missing before this line: if dcur_debug

missing after: endif

result: I see "Keys cannot drop from this type of container." when an event fires every time I loot a corpse. I have corpses blocked due to the fact i'm using DDFTM.

If this is fixed in 1.5, I'm glad. if not, please fix it soon. I really like this mod, and it's well-made.

2 things piss me off about mods more than anything else: poorly made mods, and spammy messages, and that keys message is distracting when i'm looting in combat.

I wanted to recompile my local version with a fix, but I got a giant wall of text from the compiler...very aggravating. serves me right for taking a 6 month break from skyrim.

Waiting on an answer before I update.

Some of my characters have male followers, and I'd rather not have them start stocking up on devices for no reason. Or equip them.

- Added: Follower support. Your companions are no longer safe and neither are the keys you gave them for safekeeping! Cursed restraining devices will now affect them as well!

Question: is there an mcm toggle for this feature?

Waiting on an answer before I update.

Some of my characters have male followers, and I'd rather not have them start stocking up on devices for no reason. Or equip them.

- Added: Follower support. Your companions are no longer safe and neither are the keys you gave them for safekeeping! Cursed restraining devices will now affect them as well!

Question: is there an mcm toggle for this feature?

Yes, there is an MCM toggle. Actually you caught me there, for dealing with male followers is a complete oversight on my part. I will think of something, but I will very likely at least disable cursed loot on male follower by default, so it will trigger only on females.

I noticed that Draugr never trigger devices or keys (probably because they are creatures) could they be added to humanoids so that they do?

Draugr are considered creatures by the game, yes. But yeah, I guess I could add them to the trigger. They are humanoids at least. Them having cursed devices would make sense.

if and when you have the time, i'd like to draw attention to a particular issue I noticed, namely the interaction between the debug messages setting and keys being toggled off for certain targets (corpses/containers.)

specifics...

script: dcur_onactivatecontainer, version 1.3 line 1384: libs.notify("Keys cannot drop from this type of container.")

missing before this line: if dcur_debug

missing after: endif

result: I see "Keys cannot drop from this type of container." when an event fires every time I loot a corpse. I have corpses blocked due to the fact i'm using DDFTM.

If this is fixed in 1.5, I'm glad. if not, please fix it soon. I really like this mod, and it's well-made.

2 things piss me off about mods more than anything else: poorly made mods, and spammy messages, and that keys message is distracting when i'm looting in combat.

I wanted to recompile my local version with a fix, but I got a giant wall of text from the compiler...very aggravating. serves me right for taking a 6 month break from skyrim.

Thanks for the bug report. Will fix this ASAP (I dislike spammy mods, too! ;)

i downloaded latest version and its not working for me :(

It says it have been initialized but doesn t trigger anything even with debug messages

Yesterday versions had the bug but worked..unfortunately i overwrote it :(

P.S: edit... it doesn t work if i have aradia merge esp file :| maybe i did something wrong

I used the NMM to install the esp as it was downloaded

P.P.S. downloaded latest version of the aradia esp and it works fine

@ Kimy

For Aradia Devious Expansion

I have Added 2 new files to downloads to support players that desire to only install one file.

Players can now pick an entire pack that contains everything needed to play based on the body they use for the following body types.

7B Blabba Body

CBBE standard body.

Players can still download some Optional body meshes or a Slider to make their own.  Snake Outfit slider does not exist yet.

With this new version.
The following error is appearing:
"An error has ocurred with your installation of Devious Device Please check the log for more information Error Text: IsWearingDevice received none argument"
I reinstalled the DD and continues aparencendo the error.

Any idea?

EDIT: 1.4 its OK. The message only appears in the update.

post-236315-0-06661600-1410025424_thumb.png

With this new version.

The following error is appearing:

"An error has ocurred with your installation of Devious Device Please check the log for more information Error Text: IsWearingDevice received none argument"

I reinstalled the DD and continues aparencendo the error.

Any idea?

EDIT: 1.4 its OK. The message only appears in the update.

I have the same thing.......

Don think it can be My DD every thing els wit DD work's

much appreciated. in version 1.5, it's moved to line  1627, if that helps.

looking forward to a full playthrough with this mod...still fine tuning settings though, a few times I found myself completely helpless after looting a spider's web pod while trying to get out of helgen. Oh, and a setting I'd like to see if it is at all possible: a toggle so that once you find a cursed item (or if you're already wearing a particular set), additional cursed items match that item's set. slightly different than the theme option, it's random only if you have no devices equipped. it can be ignored if the 'use inventory items' box is set.

edit: ate main body of my post

I don't know if it's possible to add the trap also to enchanting tables. I just got this idea when I was disenchanting some things that maybe some enchantings could go wrong...

Nice idea :D

Some bugfixes:

Version 1.6
- Fixed: Added missing checks if the Aradia mod is installed when calculating Living Key and Living Harness drops.
- Fixed: The mod no longer tries to equip cursed gear on male followers. They will still lose their keys, though.
- Fixed: A debug message that appeared even with debug messages disabled.
- Fixed: Followers properly lose their keys when equipping a full set.
- Fixed: Typos. :P
- Added: Undead and Deadra corpses can now have cursed loot.

[...] - Fixed: Added missing checks if the Aradia mod is installed when calculating Living Key and Living Harness drops. [...]

Living harness?

So the Aradia Living Armor now is working as harness with the Aradia Devious Addon?! I think i've forgotten something ...

Many thanks for adding Undead :)

Do you think Falmer should be added as well (again classed as a creature atm) as they seem to behave in a humanoid manner? IIRC they're used in SD+ and DA so it would appear to be appropriate, though I am in two minds about it.

A short feature request here, or rather not a feature per se, just a flavor enhancement.

Currently when the option "Equip items from inventory" is active it still says the whole "You found some items" bit, it would be pretty cool if that could be changed to something where you find a cursed bauble (soulgem or pearl or the like) which hypnotizes the PC and forces them to equip their stuff (and any additional pieces found in the container).

For example, the text could be:

A shiny bauble catches your eye and as you inspect it more closely your gaze is drawn into the multitude of reflections.

As you wonder how it can shimmer like this it slowly starts to glow more brightly and thoughts about getting helplessly bound up begin to form inside your mind.

You try to suppress the urge to just strip naked and bind yourself up, but the glimmer just gets stronger and overpowers your reason.

The bauble shatters on the ground as take your bondage gear and lock it into place, piece by piece...

You know, something like that, possible with less words and better worded over all, I'm really only good in creating technical reports and documents, not in writing stories.

I haven't played with devices for followers yet.  Once you have the right key, can you remove your follower's devices by going into the "I want to trade some items with you" dialogue and removing their items from there?

Yes. You can remove restraints from followers if you're in possession of the correct key.

A short feature request here, or rather not a feature per se, just a flavor enhancement.

Currently when the option "Equip items from inventory" is active it still says the whole "You found some items" bit, it would be pretty cool if that could be changed to something where you find a cursed bauble (soulgem or pearl or the like) which hypnotizes the PC and forces them to equip their stuff (and any additional pieces found in the container).

For example, the text could be:

A shiny bauble catches your eye and as you inspect it more closely your gaze is drawn into the multitude of reflections.

As you wonder how it can shimmer like this it slowly starts to glow more brightly and thoughts about getting helplessly bound up begin to form inside your mind.

You try to suppress the urge to just strip naked and bind yourself up, but the glimmer just gets stronger and overpowers your reason.

The bauble shatters on the ground as take your bondage gear and lock it into place, piece by piece...

You know, something like that, possible with less words and better worded over all, I'm really only good in creating technical reports and documents, not in writing stories.

Sounds good. I will definitely expand the "story" system to include more text variety. :)

Many thanks for adding Undead :)

Do you think Falmer should be added as well (again classed as a creature atm) as they seem to behave in a humanoid manner? IIRC they're used in SD+ and DA so it would appear to be appropriate, though I am in two minds about it.

I know little of their lore, but yeah, as long as a mob is humanoid and intelligent enough to be able to use/equip bondage gear in a believable fashion, I am not against adding them.