sounds like you deserve that glass of wine!  

Indeed I did. :cool:

Since my character is prone to get herselves into trouble, she will appreciate all the help she can get! ;)

Thanks for your mod and enjoy the wine!

I'm prone to get myself in trouble too.  (So is my char.)

Anyway, uploaded a new version, with some actual progress and such!

NPCs can now remove your armbinder.

Why the armbinder?  Well, it's the easiest one to remove (no keys).  Ofcourse I can simply remove that gag and blindfold without checking for keys, but that sounds a bit cheaty...  Plus why would anyone reject the opportunity to explore you a bit, with the excuse to check for keys? :angel:

Tested the new version. Several placeholders trigger (I guess that's a good thing?). And they can remove the armbinder as advertised (yay!), but sometimes I get the "I won't spoil your little adventure" line, followed by a rape. Is that working as intended? (I'd think, the line is supposed to mean "Have fun, I won't spoil it!", no?).

As for the gag removal, I indeed don't think every friendly NPC should be able to do that (that would be a too easy way out), but how about the smiths in the larger settlements could for a hefty fee or so? Or make you do a quest for them? Just a thought, but it would be fun actually having to work for getting these things off you.

File versions:  the 18-ish kB file is the newest.  I guess I'll have to start adding version numbers, sorry about that.

Incompatibilities:

- Gags Plus and this mod both modify the same quest.  They will conflict.

Why not see about partnering up with each other and consolidating the ideas? I don't see where your idea has to be incompatible with his.

If not, maybe transform this to a better gags+ :D

Tested the new version. Several placeholders trigger (I guess that's a good thing?). And they can remove the armbinder as advertised (yay!), but sometimes I get the "I won't spoil your little adventure" line, followed by a rape. Is that working as intended? (I'd think, the line is supposed to mean "Have fun, I won't spoil it!", no?).

As for the gag removal, I indeed don't think every friendly NPC should be able to do that (that would be a too easy way out), but how about the smiths in the larger settlements could for a hefty fee or so? Or make you do a quest for them? Just a thought, but it would be fun actually having to work for getting these things off you.

Placeholder message is, ehm, kinda good.  I actually hoped to not have any dialog at that position of the dialog tree, but if I do that the entire tree behind it (helping you out of your gear) won't activate.  I need to come up with a good line there (suggestions welcome, by the way; getting some nice text for the dialogues is hard).

They shouldn't rape you if they wish you luck on your adventure.  Odd that that happens, I'll look into why that is.  If they rape you, that'll either happen right away or in some cases when they want sex (and you respond no).  Those are the only cases where rape should trigger.

It's in my design doc, yes.

reimbursement:

may demand sex [from exposure really high]

release you

- sex after (if you refuse afterward, will add bounty)

- sex someone else after (I have this brother/friend...)

- may demand payment in gold (you have 24 hours to come up with the gold, or you'll get a bounty)

- may demand fetch-quest

Note:

- special unlock dialogue until quest is turned in

- too many unlocks before quest is turned in may result in refusal to ever help you again

maybe even turn you over to a nearby guard and ad-hoc place a bounty, so you'll be in jail

How/if that'll be implemented is something I'll work on by that time.

I also still have to implement that the NPC talks to you after consensual sex, so you can pay in advance. :cool:

File versions:  the 18-ish kB file is the newest.  I guess I'll have to start adding version numbers, sorry about that.

Incompatibilities:

- Gags Plus and this mod both modify the same quest.  They will conflict.

Why not see about partnering up with each other and consolidating the ideas? I don't see where your idea has to be incompatible with his.

If not, maybe transform this to a better gags+ :D

We both alter the same quest, that's why it's incompatible.  I don't think it's hard to write a compatibility patch as I suspect Gags Plus simply forwards to the normal dialogue.  But I would have to check if it really is that simple (I only had a quick spot check on mods I've installed with Tes5Edit and noticed we both attach a script on the same position).

Also, I suppose the food or drink you get offered *could* be drugged too occasionally. And offering shelter for the night or promising help with tools back home could not be entirely turthful offers :) The shelter for example is easily turned into 'Why don't you stay a bit longer...' with drugs or just by raw force if the player is already bound enough. :)

I keep getting Dialog update spam.

Really wanted a method for getting out of the gag without it being a huge fuss, gag prevents forward momentum of the game and in many cases can lead to having to load a previous save this can be the case when you have other mods with this one.  So I want to suggest that the focus be on providing a sure fire method for getting devices off at the very least especially the gag which is a device that I feel is game breaking and doesn't make the game fun at this point rather it forces me to have to load a save which is the opposite of fun.

Passing by to thank for the mod.

I suggested this long ago and finally someone did it :D

Suggestion:

You could put an option where the target help you with the gag, but demand moneys after.

If you can t or don t want to pay, it could equip the gag back along more stuff.

Also, I suppose the food or drink you get offered *could* be drugged too occasionally. And offering shelter for the night or promising help with tools back home could not be entirely turthful offers :) The shelter for example is easily turned into 'Why don't you stay a bit longer...' with drugs or just by raw force if the player is already bound enough. :)

I definately want to implement some good food support.  I noticed that getting into starvation and dehydration mode with my char, the game become a bit unplayable.  Mainly due to the RND penalties being based on a carry capacity of 300.  I play with ~90, so I had negative carry capacity, but it did feel realistic I suppose.

Which food and drink I'll give to people will probably be handled with an item list (I noticed their existence in passing, so I'll figure that out).

I keep getting Dialog update spam.

Really wanted a method for getting out of the gag without it being a huge fuss, gag prevents forward momentum of the game and in many cases can lead to having to load a previous save this can be the case when you have other mods with this one.  So I want to suggest that the focus be on providing a sure fire method for getting devices off at the very least especially the gag which is a device that I feel is game breaking and doesn't make the game fun at this point rather it forces me to have to load a save which is the opposite of fun.

The message 'DD Restrained: dialogue updated' is a good thing!  It means the mod works as it should.  And yes, the message should appear multiple times in larger conversations.  If it doesn't appear, NPCs will stay stuck on the same option forever.  It's a debugging aid (basically, if someone currently would say something like 'I keep getting X happening all the time' I would ask them if they see that message).

I love the gag.  It's awesome (especially if you let your imagination run wild, which is what I'm doing to write this mod).  I agree that it stops the game from progressing.  But if removal is too easy, it stops being an effective deterrent.  Instead, it'll become something like the armbinder, which is a temporary nuisance, but nothing more than a reason to spam the 'tab' key.

If you really dislike the gag so much that you routinely reload the game, it sounds to me that instead of having a gag removal mod, you would need an option in your mods that'll turn off application of the gag.

Passing by to thank for the mod.

I suggested this long ago and finally someone did it :D

Suggestion:

You could put an option where the target help you with the gag, but demand moneys after.

If you can t or don t want to pay, it could equip the gag back along more stuff.

:)

Might I suggest that this mod be renamed "SexLab Mmph!"?  B)

Suggestions are always welcome.  I do like the name, but I think I'll stay with the name I've chosen, sorry. :)

Anyways...

I've added blindfold removal support.  I now know how to work with the more complicated devices and should be trivial (after some refactoring) to have this work for the gag too.

Removal at the moment requires you to have a key, so it may not seem as useful if you consider that the armbinder can be removed by NPCs already.  I do plan to look into what blacksmiths and mages can do to come to your aid, after the initial gag removal code is ready.

Thanks for the new version! Glad to see this making such fast progress! :)

Thinking about the removal of other restraints: I guess what would make sense is if all helpful NPCs could remove all restraints that could be cut open with a knife (gag, blindfold, harness), but only smiths could remove metal restraints (belt, bra, boots, cuffs). It is resonable to assume that all Syrim residents carry a blade of some sort, at least. Payment could in either way be monetary (e.g. 10% of the total gold carried), sexual favours, or being indebted to run this and that errand. Requiring a key doesn't make a whole lot of sense, for obviously the player could use it herself after getting freed from the armbinder. But I assume it's a placeholder until the actual system is getting implemented? In any case, I'd think you could alternatively add an option to MCM allowing NPCs to remove restaints without a key, perhaps? Mind you, you still have to -find- a helpful NPC, which is still requiring some work on the player's part, for running around in Skyrim with an armbinder isn't exactly a safe thing to do Particularly not if you have Deviously Helpless enabled, like me... ;)

@ irquih

Thanks for the reply, I know I can set the gag to 0% chance but then I'd lose out on extra stuff.  I'm not trying to say that there shouldn't be consequences to the devices but seeing as we can or have to basically walk back to town without fast travel.  Well with deviously helpless installed this can be quite a feat when you've also got to contend with random encounters and mods that add more encounters.  Basically by the time I get to town I feel like I actually deserve some help even if its with a price from the villagers its fine, but the torture should come to a close shortly after so that the dragonborn can get onto the next mishap.

I guess what I'm getting at is that a lot of the mods I've installed and am currently using feel a bit unfinished like hey once you wind up in 5 devices which is easy to do in an encounter well even if you get to a town or keep your pretty much going to have to cheat to get that stuff off at default settings which is a downer.  So Im looking for a mod that offers that last step that makes it all come together basically when you get to town perhaps the Black Smith can get all those nasty devices off of you for a few favors some of which will be paid on the spot.

Otherwise if the mod cant offer a means of getting those off it only feels like more of what I have installed under the hood already. 

Deviously Helpless hey wearing that Armbinder, Blindfold, or otherwise dropping your weapon in combat means you get raped and get more devices.

SD+ hey I got enslaved, get raped....But if I get a gag here well I just lost 50% of this mods playability gotta go consul key cause if I make it to town no one there will remove gag and I cant write anyway cause Im in binds.  Without dialogue in SD+ its pretty pointless.

So I guess Im saying as a guy that's going to download stuff I sometimes have to weigh out how well a mod will work with what Im running already and I would like this mod to fit into that lineup but presently it feels like struggling with the tab key to inventory and menus is just as good which btw is too boring to bother with.  I'd like to know that I had options that really were realiable and offered an alternative to dumbing down settings, opening consul, and or menu spam 20X times.

Having to make it to town on foot at 50% move speed while being taken advantage of to end up in town only to be taken advantage of without the release of devices puts me back in the same spot.  What to do now, guess I gotta reload my previous save.  I think its a valid point to be made the adventure needs a safety mechanic so it can move forward for more adventures and mishaps and at this point I think there are relatively few options than the ones I provided.

Thanks for the new version! Glad to see this making such fast progress! :)

Thinking about the removal of other restraints: I guess what would make sense is if all helpful NPCs could remove all restraints that could be cut open with a knife (gag, blindfold, harness), but only smiths could remove metal restraints (belt, bra, boots, cuffs). It is resonable to assume that all Syrim residents carry a blade of some sort, at least. Payment could in either way be monetary (e.g. 10% of the total gold carried), sexual favours, or being indebted to run this and that errand. Requiring a key doesn't make a whole lot of sense, for obviously the player could use it herself after getting freed from the armbinder. But I assume it's a placeholder until the actual system is getting implemented? In any case, I'd think you could alternatively add an option to MCM allowing NPCs to remove restaints without a key, perhaps? Mind you, you still have to -find- a helpful NPC, which is still requiring some work on the player's part, for running around in Skyrim with an armbinder isn't exactly a safe thing to do Particularly not if you have Deviously Helpless enabled, like me... ;)

I don't think I trust Orgnar with a knife to my face, to be honest.  And I think the restraints will be quite tight, too, so getting a knife in without hurting me would be hard.  However a skilled blacksmith should probably be able to remove some of the devices, yeah.

The current removal systems are placeholders.  They'll probably stay as they are, but with additions if you find a blacksmith for instance.  Ofcourse, needing a blacksmith won't help you if you're in Winterhold, since they don't have one.  They do however have a few mages, surely one of them will be willing to blast you, ehm, I mean your gag, with a fireball or something to disintegrate it... ;)

@ irquih

Thanks for the reply, I know I can set the gag to 0% chance but then I'd lose out on extra stuff.  I'm not trying to say that there shouldn't be consequences to the devices but seeing as we can or have to basically walk back to town without fast travel.  Well with deviously helpless installed this can be quite a feat when you've also got to contend with random encounters and mods that add more encounters.  Basically by the time I get to town I feel like I actually deserve some help even if its with a price from the villagers its fine, but the torture should come to a close shortly after so that the dragonborn can get onto the next mishap.

I guess what I'm getting at is that a lot of the mods I've installed and am currently using feel a bit unfinished like hey once you wind up in 5 devices which is easy to do in an encounter well even if you get to a town or keep your pretty much going to have to cheat to get that stuff off at default settings which is a downer.  So Im looking for a mod that offers that last step that makes it all come together basically when you get to town perhaps the Black Smith can get all those nasty devices off of you for a few favors some of which will be paid on the spot.

Otherwise if the mod cant offer a means of getting those off it only feels like more of what I have installed under the hood already. 

Deviously Helpless hey wearing that Armbinder, Blindfold, or otherwise dropping your weapon in combat means you get raped and get more devices.

SD+ hey I got enslaved, get raped....But if I get a gag here well I just lost 50% of this mods playability gotta go consul key cause if I make it to town no one there will remove gag and I cant write anyway cause Im in binds.  Without dialogue in SD+ its pretty pointless.

So I guess Im saying as a guy that's going to download stuff I sometimes have to weigh out how well a mod will work with what Im running already and I would like this mod to fit into that lineup but presently it feels like struggling with the tab key to inventory and menus is just as good which btw is too boring to bother with.  I'd like to know that I had options that really were realiable and offered an alternative to dumbing down settings, opening consul, and or menu spam 20X times.

Having to make it to town on foot at 50% move speed while being taken advantage of to end up in town only to be taken advantage of without the release of devices puts me back in the same spot.  What to do now, guess I gotta reload my previous save.  I think its a valid point to be made the adventure needs a safety mechanic so it can move forward for more adventures and mishaps and at this point I think there are relatively few options than the ones I provided.

I'm totally with you that loading a save is no fun (in addition it kinda kills the illusion for me).  I do think that if you manage to reach a safe town, you should get some help; that's the point of this mod. :D

There are actually a number of considerations I'm trying to strike a balance between (and these haven't totally crystallized in my mind, so there is bound to be changes between my initial design doc and the end result).  So basically, what I'm trying is:

- maintain immersion: these devices are tough to get out of and tough to wear

- maintain gameplay/flow: especially the higher tier items (blindfold, gag) tend to stop the game in its tracks; I don't want it to completely come to a halt

- maintain some risk: I want the player (whether it's you or me) to think about whom you talk to while so vulnerable, sort of make it a game where you think "I won't ask that drunk, I'll instead ask that nice gentleman" and maybe regretting that decision, or not (I hope I can pull this off, it's pretty hard)

- make the NPCs at least somewhat act like they recognize you and notice you're in trouble, so if you visit Jarl Balgruuf after the whole dragon-at-the-tower thing, he'll be more inclined to help you out, since you helped him out (and conversely, if you join the Stormcloaks, Imperials may be less inclined to help you out)

- not make you die; people have mentioned that hunger and thirst are a big problem, I don't want it to kill you

Please keep in mind, that this mod is only a few days old.  The first commit is Sat Jun 21 13:58:18 2014 +0100, so that's only 5 days.  During those 5 days, my entire focus has been on reliable removal (of some kind).  BUT without compromising the above constraints.

In your earlier post, you wrote: "So I want to suggest that the focus be on providing a sure fire method for getting devices off [...]".  I can make that mod in 5 minutes.  It's you saying "Mmph!", the NPC going like "Let me help you out." and poof, all devices are unequipped.  Reliable, quick and easy.  It's also anticlimactic and boring and wouldn't make for a good mod (really, you would drop that mod as soon as something marginally better came around).  I felt a bit hurt reading that line, it made me feel like I wasn't doing a good job. :-/  But then, I do have a tendency to read too much into what people say. :D

This is actually my first mod, I enjoy it a lot.  I put it up on purpose in its very alpha state, very early, so I could bounce ideas of people and people could offer suggestions to me.  (That's for example why my doc now mentions food and clothing.)  And people being happy and using this mod already is great to keep motivation up. :heart:  Please know that I will take your suggestions into consideration; but I do need time to implement it.  Trust me, I'm familiar with impatience (being prone to it myself) but there's only one of me and I'm working pretty hard on this.  Please don't tell me to go faster. :cool:

And with that, it's time for me to sleep, tomorrow gags (with key).  I suppose I can add an MCM option for gag-removal without a key (it's rather trivial to add).  Would people be interested in that?

:sleepy:

I definately want to implement some good food support.  I noticed that getting into starvation and dehydration mode with my char, the game become a bit unplayable.  Mainly due to the RND penalties being based on a carry capacity of 300.  I play with ~90, so I had negative carry capacity, but it did feel realistic I suppose.

I used to have the same problem with RND and carry capacity as I too would have a more realistic carry capacity set. It also meant that I couldn't just carry an entire kitchen's worth of food!  I mostly solved this issue by switching from RND to iNeed which provides similar functionality and also includes nice visual indicators of your needs.  The debuffs that you get also don't lower your carry capacity, just your regen rates.  The only thing i really miss is the ability to drink from almost any water source.  

iNeed link

I'd love to have the option in MCM to disable the key requirement - which is quite frankly pointless: why risk a potential rape if you can just as well use the key yourself?. I'd really suggest no leaving it in in the finished mod as it doesn't add anything to the gameplay at all.

The way my game is set up is that my character gets thrown into restraints rather often. I am using Submit configured to apply a substantial amount of devices on each defeat, combined with Deviously Helpless and several mods that add more spawns to the game. In addition, I play with keys getting destroyed on use (for I love having to make the tough decision what device to get rid off and which to endure a bit longer). Your mod would address the one remaining gap in the system by adding an incentive to get to the next town without getting caught to seek help. I actually ponder lowering key drops and tweaking the armbinders to make stuggling out of them impossible, so you -have- to seek help to get out of the DD devices via your mod. For my kind of setup, removing the devices without further requirements is acceptable, for the difficulty will be in getting to the NPC in the first place. Other players might use different approaches to balancing DD gameplay, which is why having MCM options is such a good thing! :)

I used to have the same problem with RND and carry capacity as I too would have a more realistic carry capacity set. It also meant that I couldn't just carry an entire kitchen's worth of food!  I mostly solved this issue by switching from RND to iNeed which provides similar functionality and also includes nice visual indicators of your needs.  The debuffs that you get also don't lower your carry capacity, just your regen rates.  The only thing i really miss is the ability to drink from almost any water source.  

iNeed link

Oh, thanks, I'll try that out.

I'd love to have the option in MCM to disable the key requirement - which is quite frankly pointless: why risk a potential rape if you can just as well use the key yourself?. I'd really suggest no leaving it in in the finished mod as it doesn't add anything to the gameplay at all.

The way my game is set up is that my character gets thrown into restraints rather often. I am using Submit configured to apply a substantial amount of devices on each defeat, combined with Deviously Helpless and several mods that add more spawns to the game. In addition, I play with keys getting destroyed on use (for I love having to make the tough decision what device to get rid off and which to endure a bit longer). Your mod would address the one remaining gap in the system by adding an incentive to get to the next town without getting caught to seek help. I actually ponder lowering key drops and tweaking the armbinders to make stuggling out of them impossible, so you -have- to seek help to get out of the DD devices via your mod. For my kind of setup, removing the devices without further requirements is acceptable, for the difficulty will be in getting to the NPC in the first place. Other players might use different approaches to balancing DD gameplay, which is why having MCM options is such a good thing! :)

I already have the armbinder modified that way. :)  If you want the modification, send me a pm.

Your setup is sounds very similar to mine, although I use defeat instead of submit.  I start with Skyrim Bound, with a substantial bounty and number of devices, making it a really bad idea to walk into just any town (guards trying to arrest me is a bad thing).  So I can relate. :)

I'll add the keyless release tomorrow, together with the gags.

Sadly, I can't get Defeat nor Submit to ever apply Devious Devices! :(

Submit works fine for me, but not the version that adds Devices. Defeat works fine, but the 'Deviously Captured' never works. I kinda figured it might be some weirdness with the way Defeat integrates into Death Alternative, but not entirely sure.

I still find ways to get locked up into Devious Devices, usually with Captured Dreams... but it's not quite the same.

Submit works fine for me, but not the version that adds Devices. Defeat works fine, but the 'Deviously Captured' never works. I kinda figured it might be some weirdness with the way Defeat integrates into Death Alternative, but not entirely sure.

I still find ways to get locked up into Devious Devices, usually with Captured Dreams... but it's not quite the same.

You could use DD for the masses II, set it for a high rate of spawning devices, loot bodies for the devices and equip them yourself (just don't loot keys :) and the other would be Skyrim bound.  I use DDS progression it does work for me with or without the progression option, I usually turn the progession option off.

edit: I do understand the "but it's not quite the same"

Submit with DD progression should work fine if it is against human and draugr, I have yet to test more.

Defeat with Devious Capture might only work if post defeat events are enable and enable stealing. I don't quite remember. DA might block it if it doesn't play the Defeat's default events.

Try this one here on top of Submit (as in install the new Submit first, then this mod after it) : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29132-submit-devious-devices-follower-friendly/page-3?hl=%2Bfollower&do=findComment&comment=833412

It's got a lot less downloads than the progression version, but it comes with a MCM customization menu and can handle Devious Expansion, which both other Submit+DD mods can't. It works like a charm for me. Deviously Captured indeed doesn't seem to do anything for me either.

@ Irquih

I didn't mean it to come off like that.  I do want a means to keep the game moving along, I do appreciate that modding is a labor(feels like the wrong place to put love haha).  I was thinking about what npc's might be appropriate to ask for removal.

Priest, probably dependant on which devine they worship and well perhaps if any of their flock are around to witness.  Like in Whiterun you could go to the temple of Kenerith and she will help you out if your a female but if your a guy well she says there's probably a good reason your in a bind.  But if female you run over to the Makoroth Tample?  Well the creepy lonely guy there well you guessed it.  If your in Stormcloak faction any Talos Priest should help you out without reservations.  Just some ideas.

Then there's Guild Faction, honestly if your in the guild they should help you out maybe tease you a bit, but if your the guild master I mean come on...Unless of course its the Assasins Guild then all bets are off I mean well your in such a compromising situation would you want them to have an easy chance at a promotion.

I was also thinking about Lycanthropy and Vampirism but that would have to be for another mod, kinda wouldn't make since for them to be unable to get out of restraints on there own unless those were in fact enchanted for just such a purpose.

I do like the Blacksmith approach as a basic stand in while the rest of the cool stuff gets hammered into place, but ya it would be too generic to be a long term thing.

The other dialogue now triggers (yay) though even if I get the "I won't spoil your little adventure" sometimes I still get raped. 

Another thing is. The armbinder removal works nicely, but there doesn't seem to be anybody who can help me out of the gag. and sometimes I still get raped after they tell me that. Perhaps add a chance they will say "perhaps I can help with something else.." and then rape you. bahaha.

also. The previous subtitles from other people I have spoken too seem to linger on the bottom of the screen until I leave town.

@ Irquih

I didn't mean it to come off like that.  I do want a means to keep the game moving along, I do appreciate that modding is a labor(feels like the wrong place to put love haha).  I was thinking about what npc's might be appropriate to ask for removal.

Priest, probably dependant on which devine they worship and well perhaps if any of their flock are around to witness.  Like in Whiterun you could go to the temple of Kenerith and she will help you out if your a female but if your a guy well she says there's probably a good reason your in a bind.  But if female you run over to the Makoroth Tample?  Well the creepy lonely guy there well you guessed it.  If your in Stormcloak faction any Talos Priest should help you out without reservations.  Just some ideas.

Then there's Guild Faction, honestly if your in the guild they should help you out maybe tease you a bit, but if your the guild master I mean come on...Unless of course its the Assasins Guild then all bets are off I mean well your in such a compromising situation would you want them to have an easy chance at a promotion.

I was also thinking about Lycanthropy and Vampirism but that would have to be for another mod, kinda wouldn't make since for them to be unable to get out of restraints on there own unless those were in fact enchanted for just such a purpose.

I do like the Blacksmith approach as a basic stand in while the rest of the cool stuff gets hammered into place, but ya it would be too generic to be a long term thing.

I know you didn't mean it to come off like that, I have a habit of reading more into things than people intend. :D  Thank you for confirming that.

Behaviour dependant on specific factions is something for later (post 1.0).  I'll be sure to check out the suggestions by that time.  Thanks. :)

The other dialogue now triggers (yay) though even if I get the "I won't spoil your little adventure" sometimes I still get raped. 

Another thing is. The armbinder removal works nicely, but there doesn't seem to be anybody who can help me out of the gag. and sometimes I still get raped after they tell me that. Perhaps add a chance they will say "perhaps I can help with something else.." and then rape you. bahaha.

also. The previous subtitles from other people I have spoken too seem to linger on the bottom of the screen until I leave town.

I figured out why you may still get raped after the little adventure line, it's me not clearing a flag in that scenario.  Will have a release with the fix later today.

Gag removal is planned to get out today.  I like the suggestion regarding 'perhaps I can help you with something else...', thanks! :)

I've not encountered the lingering subtitles thing in my mod.  I have however seen it occasionally in the game with other dialogues; not sure what's causing that.  If I have time I'll look if there is something I can do to counteract it (although it's hard to fix without reproducible case on my end).

I would like to make a suggestion to keep in mind as you progress in coding your mod. It would be nice, once the mod supports removing multiple different types of gear, if the chance that an NPC will help you out of a piece of gear can vary with the gear type. This would also require that the NPC be willing to remove some pieces, but not all. I can imagine that different people will have different mods and play styles. For one person, getting out of a chastity belt may be a high priority gameplay wise. Some nasty plugs and/or deviously helpless could put them at a significant disadvantage in dealing with enemies. Someone else may not have that issue, and really like the idea of their character stuck in a chastity belt for an in game month, but still needs to get a gag off to keep moving. Advances in DDi or other mods may someday make the cuffs more debilitating and change the need for removal in the future.

So perhaps after the PC finds a good samaritan willing to help, the mod then checks each piece to see if it will be removed. This could be a simple 0-100% set in MCM for each piece to see if it will come off. Perhaps also a tick mark if it should be blacksmith only. Then if there is still gear left on, have the NPC something like "You just look to sexy in that belt to take it off" or perhaps wound the PC slightly and say "Sorry, everything else seems to be too tight, I can't get it off." Might also want a cooldown after getting a piece off that will apply a -50% chance to remove more pieces, to discourage spamming everyone in town to get it all off. The cooldown may also increase the possibility of getting a "bad" result when asking for help.