While testing v9.1 I had an odd experience. I encountered a bounty hunter who beat up poor me, making Submit trigger. He had his fun with me as expected, tied me up (I was wearing pretty much every possible restraint save for an armbinder at this time, -including- a gag)...and then your "What have we here?" dialog tree triggered without me trying to interact with the guy at all.

I tested it a bit more and it seems I am able to trigger your dialog on pretty much any hostile pacified by Submit. Which...I don't think should happen, so maybe you could try and add a check for hostiles? ;)

Hmm, that's going to be tricky. Since they aren't hostiles anymore once Submit has their way with them. This will probably mean I have to add submit, defeat and helpless to the support list. I'll look into it, but this might be non-trivial.

So, he started chatting on his own with you? Hmm, that is odd. I don't have submit installed right now, so this is from memory: would an enemy normally say something at that point? In that case, it might be that my dialog overrides a dialog in a force greet package, perhaps... I'll try reproduce it tomorrow.

Just curious, was it a normal bounty hunter or one generated via PrisonOverhaul?

Furthermore lets not forget SD+ among the mods which trigger pacified enemies when the player surrenders.

And finally the Daymoyl addon might also be worth a look:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54867/?

So far i haven't been in one of those enslavement scenarios, but would be bad if the vampires or falmer which captured you could be persuaded to remove your Devious Devices.

It was a Prison Overhaul one. I think.

And at least one of the Death Alternative quests had pacified hostiles that helped me out of my restraints via the gag dialog, too (when I got taken hostage by the forsworn).

Just what I have been waiting for! Great work!

Some thoughts on my side, as a UNIX philosophy lover, I suggest splitting the "DH on friendly NPC" and the "universal gagged dialogue" part, and try contacting DH dev to integrate the former. 

Do one thing and do it well. --UNIX

After upgrading to 0.9.1 I am not getting any mpfff dialogues while wearing a gag.

At first I thought it was because I was talking to Sanguine and the exclusion code I added to my dev version of SD+ didn't work, but I tried with any NPC and the dialogues are just gone.

Did I miss something?

After upgrading to 0.9.1 I am not getting any mpfff dialogues while wearing a gag.

At first I thought it was because I was talking to Sanguine and the exclusion code I added to my dev version of SD+ didn't work, but I tried with any NPC and the dialogues are just gone.

Did I miss something?

Sanguine doesn't talk unless you have my development tree.  I'll bake a release for it shortly.  That will also contain a debug page for the exclusion scanner.

I'll double check the exclusion code on my side.  It's probably asking a lot, but if I can see the SD+ development version, I may be able to debug it better.

[edit] release 0.9.2 has Dremora support and exclusion scanner debug page.

Did I miss something?

Sanguine doesn't talk unless you have my development tree.  I'll bake a release for it shortly.  That will also contain a debug page for the exclusion scanner.

I'll double check the exclusion code on my side.  It's probably asking a lot, but if I can see the SD+ development version, I may be able to debug it better.

I added this line to the code - that's it:

StorageUtil.StringListAdd(kSanguine, "_DDR_DialogExclude", "SD+:Sanguine")

Sanguine doesn't concern me much. If it is not working, I am sure we can make it work.

It is everybody else (e.g. vanilla NPCs) being unresponsive to the gag that concerns me.

Edit: I updated to 0.9.2 and the 'mpfff' menu is back.

The exclusion of Sanguine is still not working but that is another issue :)

Did I miss something?

I added this line to the code - that's it:

StorageUtil.StringListAdd(kSanguine, "_DDR_DialogExclude", "SD+:Sanguine")

Sanguine doesn't concern me much. If it is not working, I am sure we can make it work.

It is everybody else (e.g. vanilla NPCs) being unresponsive to the gag that concerns me.

Edit: I updated to 0.9.2 and the 'mpfff' menu is back.

The exclusion of Sanguine is still not working but that is another issue :)

0.9.1 doesn't and 0.9.2 does, interesting.  (I only tested 0.9.2 right now, conclusion below.)

I'm not going to get anything done today. Sorry. Maybe tomorrow, dunno.

Just sitting in front of the computer going 'Mmph!' huh?. Have fun on your new adventure :D

I wish. :D

I have issues with blindfold removal :( (9.1)

It can t be removed it seems, armbinder works fine and cuffs also, but not the blindfold (100% everone, everything toggled on)

I'll try 9.2

Will try to reproduce later.  Let me know if 0.9.2 works better.

Ok, regarding the exclusion scanner:

Formlists are an excellent way to filter dialogue, however, only for items you add in the CK (not items added via script).  I think there's an optimization (to keep savegame size down).  My theory (which I can't verify short of disassembling Skyrim) is that the FormList has 2 vectors.  One for items added via the CK (which don't need to be saved, since they'll be there in the definition next time you start the game) and one for items added via script.  The dialog condition IsInList seems to only check the former.  Incidentally, this also means scripts cannot modify the former either, since they only try to add/remove from the latter.  This makes the formlist useless.

I'll change over to a faction based approach.  Interface will stay the same.

Tried :o

Everything works perfectly with 9.2

I had for somereason change twice the gag sound from zaz mod before hearing anything

Well, if it works ok in 0.9.2, then I won't dive into 0.9.1 unless it crops up again in 0.9.2 or later. :)  Thanks for testing for me.

Ok, regarding the exclusion scanner:

Formlists are an excellent way to filter dialogue, however, only for items you add in the CK (not items added via script).  I think there's an optimization (to keep savegame size down).  My theory (which I can't verify short of disassembling Skyrim) is that the FormList has 2 vectors.  One for items added via the CK (which don't need to be saved, since they'll be there in the definition next time you start the game) and one for items added via script.  The dialog condition IsInList seems to only check the former.  Incidentally, this also means scripts cannot modify the former either, since they only try to add/remove from the latter.  This makes the formlist useless.

I'll change over to a faction based approach.  Interface will stay the same.

Fix for exclusion scanner is up (0.9.3).

0.9.3 is working as far as exclusion goes. 

NPCs have the mpfff dialogue and Sanguine doesn't!

One wrinkle though - 'This is my luck day' doesn't trigger any sex.

Edit:

I looked in the logs for issues related to sex scenes. I found this instead:

[07/08/2014 - 10:57:34AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:34AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:41AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:41AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:44AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:47AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:47AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:48AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:50AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.

Should the same NPC be repeatedly excluded?

I can't even keep track of what version I'm using anymore, but I was playing yesterday and everything was humming along pretty nicely. The only problem I guess is that I can't ask for any help with devices if I'm not gagged, which does seem weird, doesn't it? I have more options with a gag than if I can just verbally request some assistance. :P 

This mod also does create some funny situations, such as when my character was raped by the entirety of the Vigilants of Stendarr while trying to get some help, before one finally took pity on her and removed some (but not all) devices, and then another went ahead and pulled off her gag. Those Vigilants must not see much action.

I edited last post seems something is wrong when you try % less than 100%

Ok, I'll investigate.  Many thanks. :)

0.9.3 is working as far as exclusion goes. 

NPCs have the mpfff dialogue and Sanguine doesn't!

One wrinkle though - 'This is my luck day' doesn't trigger any sex.

Edit:

I looked in the logs for issues related to sex scenes. I found this instead:

[07/08/2014 - 10:57:44AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:48AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.
[07/08/2014 - 10:57:50AM] DDR_ExclusionScanner: Excluding [Actor < (D603F498)>] (Sanguine) for 1 reasons.

Should the same NPC be repeatedly excluded?

Yes.  The faction code handles the deduplication and is most likely more efficient at it than a papyrus script.

I can't even keep track of what version I'm using anymore, but I was playing yesterday and everything was humming along pretty nicely. The only problem I guess is that I can't ask for any help with devices if I'm not gagged, which does seem weird, doesn't it? I have more options with a gag than if I can just verbally request some assistance. :P

This mod also does create some funny situations, such as when my character was raped by the entirety of the Vigilants of Stendarr while trying to get some help, before one finally took pity on her and removed some (but not all) devices, and then another went ahead and pulled off her gag. Those Vigilants must not see much action.

Yeah, those Vigilants are very strict in their community.  When an easy target walks in... :D

I will add a version number to the MCM so people can figure out which version they run in the next release.

I am still getting a total absence of sex scene with 0.9.3, and this, with seemingly 100% of NPCs saying 'This is my lucky day' after mpffff (that too seems unusual).

This doesn't look like a sexlab issue - I am getting scenes from SexLab Aroused, Hormones, SD and other mods.

I am still getting a total absence of sex scene with 0.9.3, and this, with seemingly 100% of NPCs saying 'This is my lucky day' after mpffff (that too seems unusual).

This doesn't look like a sexlab issue - I am getting scenes from SexLab Aroused, Hormones, SD and other mods.

Just tested it and it's working here. I get the "This is my lucky day" and the sex scene starts normally

I edited last post seems something is wrong when you try % less than 100%

I'm have no problems here. Can you tell me:

- does the dialog for blindfold removal appear?

- which blindfold do you use?

- can you show me the papyrus log?

I can't reproduce that locally, so I'm going to ask for more information. :)

Can you show me the following values from 'sqv zadGagQuest'

- DialogueState

- DialogueHelpState

- lastActor

preferably before, during and after dialog.

One other thing is to talk with another actor (just up to the point where you get the first 'mmph') and then talk with a problematic actor again. If that fixes it, there may be a problem with the state kept between dialogs (in which case I would really like those values).

Just tested it and it's working here. I get the "This is my lucky day" and the sex scene starts normally

That makes it extra interesting. :) A bug which only occurs for some people or just once in a while is usually one that takes a while to fix.

- DialogueState
- DialogueHelpState
- lastActor

I finally got around to testing the values:

0 / 0 / None

Same values before, during and after the mpffff dialogue.

I should add that I am using a custom Devious Device - basically, a copy of a default devious device with the same scripts.

The gag equips well, shows a menu when I try to remove it and can be removed with a key, so it seems to be recognized well as a DD.

- DialogueState
- DialogueHelpState
- lastActor

0 / 0 / None

I should add that I am using a custom Devious Device - basically, a copy of a default devious device with the same scripts.

The gag equips well, shows a menu when I try to remove it and can be removed with a key, so it seems to be recognized well as a DD.

That's unusual. At the very least DialogueState should change to -1 after dialogue.

For the dialogue to initiate, all that is required is the keyword zadDeviousGag.

Just to rule out the custom device, can you try with a normal devious gag?

Those values staying at 0 seem to indicate a problem with the state machine not initialing nor finalizing.

Does the NPC dialogue start with the text 'What have we here' and does the message 'DDRestrained dialog update' appear in the top left corner? (I would really love a trace from the dialog system, but I don't think Skyrim has that functionality.)

I would also love a copy of the mod and savegame, if you're willing to provide that (i.e. via pm). It would cut out the round-trip time in our messages. :) I can understand if you don't want to provide it.

- DialogueState
- DialogueHelpState
- lastActor

0 / 0 / None

That's unusual. At the very least DialogueState should change to -1 after dialogue.

For the dialogue to initiate, all that is required is the keyword zadDeviousGag.

Those values staying at 0 seem to indicate a problem with the state machine not initialing nor finalizing.

Does the NPC dialogue start with the text 'What have we here' and does the message 'DDRestrained dialog update' appear in the top left corner? (I would really love a trace from the dialog system, but I don't think Skyrim has that functionality.)

I would also love a copy of the mod and savegame, if you're willing to provide that (i.e. via pm). It would cut out the round-trip time in our messages. :) I can understand if you don't want to provide it.

I do have 'what have we here'.

So far, 100% NPCs reply 'This is my lucky day' with no scene whatsoever.

There is no 'DDRestrained dialog update' message, so that's another clue for you.

I will try with a regular gag when I can later today.

I can send you my save game but without all the mods I am using, it won't be of much help to you (and sending the whole 50Gb of my Skyrim data folder might be overkill :) ).

- DialogueState
- DialogueHelpState
- lastActor

0 / 0 / None

I do have 'what have we here'.

So far, 100% NPCs reply 'This is my lucky day' with no scene whatsoever.

There is no 'DDRestrained dialog update' message, so that's another clue for you.

I will try with a regular gag when I can later today.

I can send you my save game but without all the mods I am using, it won't be of much help to you (and sending the whole 50Gb of my Skyrim data folder might be overkill :) ).

Okay, having 'what have we here' means the script should get triggered.  The absence of the 'DDRestrained dialog update' message.  My suspicion is that there is a rogue thread somewhere, hanging inside the script, blocking any new threads from entering the script (Papyrus threading rules).  This probably also means that the savegame is slowly filling up with threads that can't start, so if you do this long enough it'll make your savegames huge and your computer crawl.

I don't need the mods. :D

Sending the savegame will be great help: I use this tool to debug them (especially for this kind of scenario).  It allows me to check the state of any saved objects and shows the running threads.  (As far as papyrus is concerned, savegames are simply coredumps that can be restarted.) :)

I have some issues. I not sure I the only one with this issue.
It like this, the removal option all had been enabled, armbinder,gag, blindfold, everything.

On one lucky dialogue where npc willing to help.

They only remove the blindfold and harness after that, npc said, they can't do much anymore or something like that.

Repeat the same diagloue, even when blindfold already removed, npc said it won't come off.

So in end, the only that can be removed are blindfold and harness,

but I really enable all the option for everything and even set to 100%

Bug or glitch. Not sure if it related, PC goes crash to desktop after few try of removing blindfold and harness only.

I have some issues. I not sure I the only one with this issue.

It like this, the removal option all had been enabled, armbinder,gag, blindfold, everything.

On one lucky dialogue where npc willing to help.

They only remove the blindfold and harness after that, npc said, they can't do much anymore or something like that.

Repeat the same diagloue, even when blindfold already removed, npc said it won't come off.

So in end, the only that can be removed are blindfold and harness,

but I really enable all the option for everything and even set to 100%

Bug or glitch. Not sure if it related, PC goes crash to desktop after few try of removing blindfold and harness only.

If the help dialogue tree ends without visiting a certain item, please do the following:

- go into console

- type:  player.showinventory

- write down the items that are marked as worn, I will need their ID numbers

Post the ID number, your load order and papyrus log here, so I can figure out which device was not detected.  (Please use the spoiler tag.)

Blindfold dialogue should not trigger if you don't have a blindfold equipped.

If you want 100% reliable removal, you'll have to make sure the 'Removal Penalty' (at the general configuration menu) is set to 0%, otherwise each removal will add a penalty that reduces the success rate of items being removed.

I am not aware of any CTDs that would be caused by my mod, but this is a Bethesda game after all.