This could be a "friendly" NPC version of Devious Helpless.

Any plan to expand beyond the gag? I think Right now DDi handles asking NPC to get armbinder off if gag isn't present, and Gag Plus lets PC "talk" if there's ink and parchment present.

Current focus is the gag only.  Once that works, I can add additional things, I'll decide when the time comes. :)

Unfortunately, my mod breaks Gag Plus: we both replace the same quest and since the last loaded mod wins in Skyrim.

Love the general idea of this mod. I have been thinking of a nice mechanism to substitute for the struggle myself. Stuggling is a fairly boring mechanism after all. Also not very realistic, for armbinders are a farily unescapble sort of bondage, so the very thought that you could shake one off is a tad odd. The option to make it removeable only by friendly NPCs via dialogue occurred to me too, but in the end it could be that you get restrained pretty far out in the wild (particularly if using Submit/DD as a replacment for death). Mind you that wearing an armbinder disables fast travel, so that would be -quite- the punishment if it happens to you in one of Skyrim's more remote areas.

As for gag removal, how about making the chance whether you get help or raped depended on the NPC's morality level? It would make sense that nice NPCs would go "Awww, you poor thing, let me help you!" and less nice would take advantage of the Deviously Helpless sort.

The jail thing makes sense to me, but -only- if the gag isn't the only restraint worn. A gag by itself renders nobody helpless, so I'd check for other restraints (e.g. armbinder or cuffs) before making the NPCs take the player to jail.

I didn't know the armbinder disables fast travel, but then I usually play with mods that disable fast travel anyway. :)

Regarding the rape chance being dependent on the NPC morality, I'm way ahead of you: the current formula takes NPC morality, relationship and arousal into account.

To be precise, the current formula is:

Utility.RandomInt(0, 100) + NpcExposure >= 40 + NpcPcRelation * 20 + NpcMorality * 20

The left-hand side ranges from 0..200,

the right-hand side ranges from -40..180   (-40 being an die-hard criminal NPC who could drink your blood, 180 being an angelic lover).

Most NPCs will range from 40..160  (they don't know you, so the score is entirely affected by morality).

So, if you need help from someone (ok, if you don't want to get raped) it's best to have helped a few NPC who have high moral standards. :)

Anyway...

Tiny update today, basically tweaked the rapeability formula, to make skyrim be less harsh on everyone.  It's probably still too high.

I had done a lot of work on getting armbinder removal implemented, but when testing it turned out I had broken the dialogue somehow, causing the initialization at dialog time to be skipped.  I had no idea why things suddenly broke and simply failed to fix it.  Only option was to restart from the previous release (me and my bad habits regarding version control).  So today was not as productive as I had hoped. :(

Can 0.0 be over writen uninstalled and then insall 0.1 without any problems?  Or will the script change cause problems? 

I think it should work fine, but that really depends on how scripts are handled inside the skyrim VM.  Of which I know nothing (other than having seen a lot of mods that basically recommend against half-way upgrades/removals).

During testing, I usually try this on the console:

stopquest zadGagQuest
startquest zadGagQuest

During my testing, that seemed to fully initialize the quest to its initial state, although I have no idea how the script changes interact with the state machine (badly I assume).  Maybe someone with more than my 2 days of modding experience can answer this better.

Which one is the new version? They are both named exactly the same. :P

The one that's approx. 18 kB is the newer one.

The one that's approx. 14 kB is the older one.

I'll number them in the future, sorry about that.  I assumed that if I tagged a new version in the 'add file' dialogue, it would note that one the file download page. :P

Thanks for the reply irquih.  For 2 days of modding DDR works very well.  I like that the dialogue words disapear without having to esc/tab out before the townsfolk do the nasty on my pc! :)  It's funny how a certain npc that has refused sex from my pc constantly, will turn around and take advantage of pc when helpless (so the trick is not talking!).  :D 

Thanks for the reply irquih.  For 2 days of modding DDR works very well.  I like that the dialogue words disapear without having to esc/tab out before the townsfolk do the nasty on my pc! :)  It's funny how a certain npc that has refused sex from my pc constantly, will turn around and take advantage of pc when helpless (so the trick is not talking!).  :D

It seems terribly fragile though, every time I touch the scripts that drive this, it seems to break for no reason.  :angry:

I think it would be good if the chance of being raped depended on how aroused your character was.  The hornier you look, the less restraint npcs will show

I had been thinking about that, but I'm not sure.

For example if you end up with Daedric plugs, you'll constantly be at max arousal.  And with a belt equipped, there may be no way to decrease that.

I'm currently aiming for you having to think about whom you go to for help.  Will you ask the drunk in the dark alley, who is so conveniently nearby or hike to Riverwood and ask the blacksmith, whom you helped out earlier?  So the world seems a bit more realistic in that different people behave differently (in game terms: choice and consequence).

One of the biggest problems with the gag is not that it disallows you to speak, but that it totally halts quest progression until you get it off.  Which I suppose is good in a way, since it add incentive, but the downside is that there is not much to do.  I basically want something to do (without loosing all my toys).  :angel:

love the concept and all that jibberjab. Though when playing with the mod. all I am getting is either the rape or the adventure text option. none of the others seem to come up.

Yeah, the rape event still triggers too often.  I'll do a proper tweak tomorrow, using actual math and stuff (instead of eyeballing it like I did until now).

The adventure trigger currently (assuming you don't get raped) triggers 66% of the time.

I could actually increase the 'horny' dialogue chance (currently a blanket test to see if NPC arousal is 50+).  This is the dialogue where people think you desire them so much, that you did all the dressing up for them.  This dialogue actually allows you to not get raped (by having consensual sex instead).  Currently, if they're not horny enough, that won't trigger (but the rape still triggers, so ehm, yeah).

The 'rape' and 'horny' scenarios in themselves are ok (in how they play out).  It's just the part of the code that picks which options that needs work.  Perhaps I need to link them together.

I also still need to make a post-consensual-sex dialogue, so after the sex you can still have them help you out.  Also seems a bit more realistic not to simply forget about your existence after sex.

Anyway, I seem to be in the same development hell as yesterday (yes, again), where making a small edit to my script immediately breaks everything.  I should think it's not that hard to totally beat into submission a dialogue system that was never intended to do these kinds of things..?  :s

Is it possible to split the NPC choices up.  Say when gaged the pc mmmm to an npc, npc gives you a semi radom choice: I could help for a price, etc (if pc has gold/no gold), if pc has no gold (or chooses not to give up the gold) then at that point the npc "ratings (math/numbers)" will kick in.  The npc will walk away, give you a new item or have fun with pc etc.  Also for the: I could help you for a price, regardless  what the PC chooses the NPC may just steal all the gold and run and/or have fun with the PC.   So it's like an encounter with an NPC to find directions to a town or help, turns into a DDR encounter, rather then being one from the start.  The npc is contemplating what to do with this package that showed up, pehaps the locked wine cellar?   These are some thoughts and if it can be done or not, I wouldn't know I have Zero modding experiance! :)

Even though rape happens way too much, I do like that at least I am able to do *something* while gagged, instead of absolutely no interaction the way it was before. The only thing I haven't tried is going back to the Captured Dreams shop to see if this mod interferes with The Master's dialogue... she is the only NPC that can talk to you when you're gagged, because she removes the gag (she has every type of key in existence, since she sells them) to allow you to converse. Of course, I don't know if she removes the gag code-wise or if it's just assumed... something I'll likely find out pretty soon. ^_^

I'm not a modder at all, but I've been around to hear plenty of them complaining about making quests and dialogue work right... so I assume it's at least fairly rough to learn your way around. Keep it up though, you're doing a wonderful job!

Is it possible to split the NPC choices up.  Say when gaged the pc mmmm to an npc, npc gives you a semi radom choice: I could help for a price, etc (if pc has gold/no gold), if pc has no gold (or chooses not to give up the gold) then at that point the npc "ratings (math/numbers)" will kick in.  The npc will walk away, give you a new item or have fun with pc etc.  Also for the: I could help you for a price, regardless  what the PC chooses the NPC may just steal all the gold and run and/or have fun with the PC.   So it's like an encounter with an NPC to find directions to a town or help, turns into a DDR encounter, rather then being one from the start.  The npc is contemplating what to do with this package that showed up, pehaps the locked wine cellar?   These are some thoughts and if it can be done or not, I wouldn't know I have Zero modding experiance! :)

I do intend to have the whole "hey, I'm running a business here, how are you going to pay (for removing that gag/blindfold/armbinder)?".  And then basically have multiple payment methods (maybe even a real quest, but that's for later).

The whole "oh, package arrived, let's put it in the wine cellar and make it a slave" thing I am not going to implement.  At least not yet.  I basically hope someone will make a generic kind of slave-mod that I can depend on for that kind of stuff.

Even though rape happens way too much, I do like that at least I am able to do *something* while gagged, instead of absolutely no interaction the way it was before. The only thing I haven't tried is going back to the Captured Dreams shop to see if this mod interferes with The Master's dialogue... she is the only NPC that can talk to you when you're gagged, because she removes the gag (she has every type of key in existence, since she sells them) to allow you to converse. Of course, I don't know if she removes the gag code-wise or if it's just assumed... something I'll likely find out pretty soon. ^_^

I'm not a modder at all, but I've been around to hear plenty of them complaining about making quests and dialogue work right... so I assume it's at least fairly rough to learn your way around. Keep it up though, you're doing a wonderful job!

The dialogue editor is also quite a bit of work.  There's a visual thing with arrows, topics etc etc.  It looks really beautiful and useful, until you actually use dialog continuations (i.e. this dialogue moves you to that dialogue etc) at which point it starts pulling in each and every one of your referenced dialogs... the result is not pretty.  So I've already decided to use another tool to keep track of my dialogs (i.e. write real documentation) instead of having the editor do that for me.

Anyway...

In other news, I found out why my dialogs break!  Apparently calling Actor.WornHasKeyword() will silently :exclamation:  without any logs what-so-ever :exclamation:  simply stop execution of your script.  Bad papyrus, bad papyrus, you deserve a spanking!

But now I know what the cause is, I can correct for it.  :cool:  Time to learn how OnEquip/OnUnEquip events work.

But that'll be tomorrow, I need to sleep now.  Job interview tomorrow at 9:00 AM (why does the world insist on waking up at that infernal hour?)  Wish me luck.

irquih, this thought: "The npc is contemplating what to do with this package that showed up, pehaps the locked wine cellar?"  Wasn't intended to have the pc made a slave through your mod nope, only that the NPC's mind would be going crazy!  I like the idea of my pc being able to make it through DDR encounters, keeps things lively. :)  Giving the new version a try very soon!  thanks for the reply!

Thank you, I like this mod (and I have not even had a chance to try it yet).

I have gone into my copy with tes5edit and removed most of the parenthetical comments from the "FULL" records on the dialog topics (nod head yes and no, I left). Hopefully that will work properly for me.

I wonder if there might be some way of scrambling the order of these things? (Like maybe have three versions of the dialog and silently pick one randomly, or maybe turn on and off some options randomly, or both...) Of course, having it work how you think it should work has to happen first... (and if you want to debug the random stuff you can always put messages in the console so you can open it up and know what you are choosing...)

[...]

I think it would be good if the chance of being raped depended on how aroused your character was.  The hornier you look, the less restraint npcs will show

For example if you end up with Daedric plugs, you'll constantly be at max arousal.  And with a belt equipped, there may be no way to decrease that.

I'm currently aiming for you having to think about whom you go to for help.  Will you ask the drunk in the dark alley, who is so conveniently nearby or hike to Riverwood and ask the blacksmith, whom you helped out earlier?  So the world seems a bit more realistic in that different people behave differently (in game terms: choice and consequence).

One way you could give arousal an effect without making it override natural behavior too much is to make it a modifier on the random number. Instead of just random(1-100) have it be:

random(1-100)*(0.9 + arousal/200)

That way someone with an unremarkable arousal of 20 would have the normal chances of trouble. Zero arousal would give the random number a range of 1-90, and 100 arousal would give a random range of 1-140. So a high arousal may give the NPC a bit extra encouragement, but if there was a chance they would not rape before, there is still a chance they won't. It can't shift the rape chance to 100%

Mmph mmph! [Good luck!]

Thanks!

I'll have to do the interview on half a night of sleep, which seems to be a pattern.  Nervousness I guess. :)

irquih, this thought: "The npc is contemplating what to do with this package that showed up, pehaps the locked wine cellar?"  Wasn't intended to have the pc made a slave through your mod nope, only that the NPC's mind would be going crazy!  I like the idea of my pc being able to make it through DDR encounters, keeps things lively. :)  Giving the new version a try very soon!  thanks for the reply!

Ah, you mean more like a dialogue where the npc is like:

- "huh, what happened to you"

- "hey, you're really easy to take advantage of"

- "if I locked you in the basement, no-one would know"

- "hmm, maybe not, making a basement on such short notice is tedious"

In other words a dialogue exposing the thought process of the NPC upon seeing you?

Thank you, I like this mod (and I have not even had a chance to try it yet).

I have gone into my copy with tes5edit and removed most of the parenthetical comments from the "FULL" records on the dialog topics (nod head yes and no, I left). Hopefully that will work properly for me.

I wonder if there might be some way of scrambling the order of these things? (Like maybe have three versions of the dialog and silently pick one randomly, or maybe turn on and off some options randomly, or both...) Of course, having it work how you think it should work has to happen first... (and if you want to debug the random stuff you can always put messages in the console so you can open it up and know what you are choosing...)

You need to alter the prompts.  They override the dialog topic field.

But yeah, your edit will work out to play the way I intended it.

[...]

One way you could give arousal an effect without making it override natural behavior too much is to make it a modifier on the random number. Instead of just random(1-100) have it be:

random(1-100)*(0.9 + arousal/200)

That way someone with an unremarkable arousal of 20 would have the normal chances of trouble. Zero arousal would give the random number a range of 1-90, and 100 arousal would give a random range of 1-140. So a high arousal may give the NPC a bit extra encouragement, but if there was a chance they would not rape before, there is still a chance they won't. It can't shift the rape chance to 100%

I like that, thank you.  I'll experiment with it later today.

Can I suggesting adding some more positive outcomes to add some unpredictability? 

1. Feed/ give you a drink ( for those of us using Needs mods)
  2. Offer you a place to rest for the night/ hide you

and of course I suppose you could always have the random chance that these outcomes wouldn't be so positive either... :P

Which mod do I download? They both have the same name.

Going to try the smaller file size one as you said you removed the debug spam.

Bigger one has no debug spam.  I don't know why it's bigger, probably because I have the dialog source included now.

Can I suggesting adding some more positive outcomes to add some unpredictability? 

1. Feed/ give you a drink ( for those of us using Needs mods)
  2. Offer you a place to rest for the night/ hide you

and of course I suppose you could always have the random chance that these outcomes wouldn't be so positive either... :P

Feeding/drinking/sleeping is a good idea, thanks.

Interviewing went well, they're going to get back to me in approx a week.  I do feel tired and hungry now. :)

Yes irquith, exactly!  Now of course if the pc makes the mistake of going for help inside an Inn lets say...  The fist npc asked for help does the nasty on the pc BUT now every other npc in the place has been watching this take place...  Their arousal may get the better of them...  An NPC chain reaction could happen.  Again only thoughts.  :)

Yes irquith, exactly!  Now of course if the pc makes the mistake of going for help inside an Inn lets say...  The fist npc asked for help does the nasty on the pc BUT now every other npc in the place has been watching this take place...  Their arousal may get the better of them...  An NPC chain reaction could happen.  Again only thoughts.  :)

I think Sexlab Aroused will already help with that, since all the inn visitors will see naked people and get their exposure increased.  I'll keep it in mind for later iterations of the mod (but no promises).

Nice idea. Version numbers and update dates in the title would be great too! :D

I know. :P  I have made a tiny release with a version number now.  (Although it's mostly interesting for people who want to read the underlying code or test things).

. Serial rapists, the lot of them. I dare not even test in the bigger cities, like Whiterun. I imagine it's going to be so much worse there...

well have done that they mainly ignore you.

Hmm, maybe the big city is more safe then...  My trip to Whiterun didn't turn out as well though.  Although the elderly people didn't try anything on me, due to the check that only playable races will even talk to you.

Anyway, I didn't get around to updating the 'rape' probability function today; trying to find out what is equipped turns out to be really hard for some obscure reason.  Oh and by the time the mod is functional, I'll probably have to create a new character, since I'm starting to associate my current one with, ehm... too much action. :lol:

Oh, nothing like giving up (for the day) and having a glass of wine.  Different approach means I can now properly detect what is worn.  Yay!  This means tomorrow I can start implementing actual NPC helping you out of your gear. :lol: