Lots of sorry then for unnecessary trouble! You have to forgive me, as someone new to skyrim, reading through all this requirements and dependencies is confusing enough and I'm bound to miss critical information. Thanks for the reply though!

Edit: As neither the front page nor the download page says anything about incompatibilities: Don't you think it is pretty harsh for new users to dig through 13 pages just in case some important information is hidden in it? ;)

Figuring out which mods still work and which don't can be hard, indeed. My personal method is looking at the "Last updated" date in the downloads section. As a general rule of thumb, if a mod didn't receive an update within the last three months I am getting cautious enough to check the forum for any reports about the mod longer working. Mind you, that's only a rule of thumb, though. There are plenty of mods around that got their last TLC in 2013 and still work perfectly fine. Another indicator I am using is comparing the Last Update date with the First Posted date. If these two dates are not too far apart, it usually means that a mod got abandoned rather quickly after the initial release - which is also a sign of trouble more often than not. This mod did both not see any updates in ages -and- wasn't in active development for long, so that's a clear signal to do some research before installing it.

And welcome to LL. :)

• 2 months later...

Does the rape modifier in the MCM take a while to take effect? I turned it all the way up to 100% and still only got raped once during a mmmph spree in the bannered mare in 5 mins of talking to NPCs, then suddenly it happened twice in a row, but only with different characters, the first rapist tried to help me after.

For details about the rape probability, here's the relevant part of the script code:

if Utility.RandomInt(1, 100) < config.RapeMultiplier
        if (Utility.RandomInt(0, 100) + NpcExposure) >= 80 + NpcPcRelation * 20 + NpcMorality * 20
            rv = true

Thus, the setting in the MCM just governs the chance that the script will test if the NPC will rape you. Rape is more likely if the NPC is aroused, doesn't like you and is amoral.

For details about the rape probability, here's the relevant part of the script code:

if Utility.RandomInt(1, 100) < config.RapeMultiplier        if (Utility.RandomInt(0, 100) + NpcExposure) >= 80 + NpcPcRelation * 20 + NpcMorality * 20            rv = true
Thus, the setting in the MCM just governs the chance that the script will test if the NPC will rape you. Rape is more likely if the NPC is aroused, doesn't like you and is amoral.

Ok, thanks, I think I'll put the MCM at about 70-80% then :)

Actually, I've done a bit of tinkering with that mechanic because I wanted a bit more control over it in the MCM. Via monkey-see-monkey-do coding I managed to expose a few more constants to the MCM, and I also changed the calculation.

You can use this hack if you like, though keep in mind that it's completely unsupported by irquih.

I'm actually trying to do some more fancy things with this mod, like NPCs demanding compensation for setting you free. It's a bit daunting though because I know nothing about Skyrim modding and I'm a little overwhelmed by the creation kit and the various frameworks.

DD_Restrained-0.10.1.rar

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, I've done a bit of tinkering with that mechanic because I wanted a bit more control over it in the MCM. Via monkey-see-monkey-do coding I managed to expose a few more constants to the MCM, and I also changed the calculation.

You can use this hack if you like, though keep in mind that it's completely unsupported by irquih.

I'm actually trying to do some more fancy things with this mod, like NPCs demanding compensation for setting you free. It's a bit daunting though because I know nothing about Skyrim modding and I'm a little overwhelmed by the creation kit and the various frameworks.

attachicon.gifDD_Restrained-0.10.1.rar

Let me know if you need help. Zaz Animation Pack has support for gagged dialogue topics (which won't do much good since this mod is about the player being gagged), but also those sounds could be a lot more useful. They sound like someone trying to talk through a gag, rather than moaning.

PM me if you're interested. :)

When I start a game with this mod enabled, I get popups telling me about some programmer error involving zadKeyword/zbfKeyword not being set.

:(

Could you write down the exact error message?

Let me know if you need help. Zaz Animation Pack has support for gagged dialogue topics (which won't do much good since this mod is about the player being gagged), but also those sounds could be a lot more useful. They sound like someone trying to talk through a gag, rather than moaning.

When I start a game with this mod enabled, I get popups telling me about some programmer error involving zadKeyword/zbfKeyword not being set.

It is caused by DD Restrained. I found a forum on LL about it:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/42823-zadkeywordzbfkeyword-error/

• 3 weeks later...

The message is:

Programmer Error: please initialize at least one of

ZadKeyword/ZbfKeyword!

----------

[OK]

I get two of these messages when I start the game.

The message is:

Programmer Error: please initialize at least one of

ZadKeyword/ZbfKeyword!

----------

[OK]

I get two of these messages when I start the game.

Yeah, just remove Restrained and it will stop appearing.

you guys should consider this mod abandoned and completely broken.  irquih hasnt been seen in this thread since last july, and that was when the last update was.  it definitely doesnt work with the latest versions so please stop using it.

• 2 months later...

Mod is no longer compatible, meaning it should not work and is not expected to work.

Thank you for reading this, please understand this message.

as far as the DD team is concerned features such as the removal of Armbinders and methods to deal with gags are integrated into DDI.

this mod has not seen its author in 12 months please understand no updates are expected we have no idea if the author will return.

Getting the same message. Would love an update for this mod, its a great balancing tool for some of the more limiting restraints!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You might want to re-evaluate your version numbers so that the newest version actually has the highest number. Going from 0.9 to 0.1 doesn't make any sense. It should either be 0.9>1.0 or 0.09>0.1. As is, the numbers imply that you took a huge step back with the latest version of the mod, which is obviously not true.

You missed have missed the posting two above yours. This mod has been dead for a loooooooooong time now. Don't use it.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...